• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

PatzCU

I have a bit of a dilemma here.

My friend sent me a scroll of resurrection and I thought it gave me a character boost to 80 AND a realm/faction xfer of a character of my choice. In reality, they will boost a character to 80 and xfer that same character if desired. I feel like I'm going to have to use the xfer to bring the Paladin I've played for the past 5 years or so to the new server.

How bad is leveling up now with the latest rounds of xp nerfs? I'd really like to give Warlock a try but I'm not sure I want to sacrifice a free server/faction xfer of my Paladin for a level 80 Warlock.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I have a bit of a dilemma here.

My friend sent me a scroll of resurrection and I thought it gave me a character boost to 80 AND a realm/faction xfer of a character of my choice. In reality, they will boost a character to 80 and xfer that same character if desired. I feel like I'm going to have to use the xfer to bring the Paladin I've played for the past 5 years or so to the new server.

How bad is leveling up now with the latest rounds of xp nerfs?
I'd really like to give Warlock a try but I'm not sure I want to sacrifice a free server/faction xfer of my Paladin for a level 80 Warlock.

I'm level 56 after ~36 hours of /played if that means anything. I'm chaining quests and doing instances when I get bored of questing. Keep in mind, as a Monk, I get a 50% XP boost for 1 hour every day (or is it 2 hours?).

E: No heirloom gear, no other buffs outside of guild bonus (but that's super easy to get...just join a high level guild).

PatzCU

I'm level 56 after ~36 hours of /played if that means anything. I'm chaining quests and doing instances when I get bored of questing. Keep in mind, as a Monk, I get a 50% XP boost for 1 hour every day (or is it 2 hours?).

E: No heirloom gear, no other buffs outside of guild bonus (but that's super easy to get...just join a high level guild).

Wow, that's pretty quick! I'll just level up a Warlock and xfer my Paladin then.

My brother sent me a rez scroll last night but I still havent gotten it yet, email address is correct. Is there normally a delay on them?

I also heard that destro locks are the worst locks right now, how true is this? x.x/

Bliz sends the SOR out in waves it usually doesn't take too long.

You right about destro. Affliction is best followed by demo then destro.

ampere

Having such a blast with MoP, damn. Really excited about Mogu'shan opening tomorrow, we're going over strats tonight in preparation!

In Monk news, figuring out my Brewmaster's stat priorities has been interesting. I initially just stacked lots of stam when I hit 90 and tanked Sha of Anger fine, but it looks like the expertise hard cap is really worth going for. Gift of the Ox can be a lot of self healing and fewer parried Keg Smashes = more chi.

Jrmint

I ended up maining a feral druid in Cata so it took me some time to get into the hang of it, but it's really not terribly complicated once you get used to what you need to track. The rotation is fairly a fairly simple priority too:

Savage Roar > Tiger's Fury > 5cp Rip > Rake > Shred/Mangle

Roar is your highest priority at all times, since it affects everything you do now. Glyph of Savagery makes it easier to get it rolling initially and lets you spend your first five CP on rip, and it pays off in the end. All melee prefer to be behind the enemy to avoid being parried, so that's not that big a deal, and for feral especially it's a nice dps boost since you get to use Shred's 20% extra bleed damage instead of Mangle.

There's just a couple things to watch after that. During execute phases, as long as Rip is rolling it's refreshed with Ferocious Bite, so start using that instead of refreshing Rip directly. If you're the only person who can apply the Weakened Armor debuff, be sure to refresh it with Faerie Fire/Faerie Swarm, Feral/Guardian druids only have to hit it once to get the full 3 stacks on a target so it doesn't hurt to fire it off at the start of an encounter either. You should use Tiger's Fury on cooldown since it's both a damage buff and it grants energy, but it becomes unavailable during Berserk, which is your big damage cooldown. Activating Berserk doesn't cancel its effect though, so if you can time it such that you can hit Tiger's Fury right before Berserk, that'll be a nice boost to damage.

An addon like badkitty or droodfocus will help immensely, but even without it it's just a matter of learning the flow. I personally really like it, and it's nowhere near as complicated as the olden days.
Really helpful post thank you.

How about aoe? Is it really just rotating swipe and thrash? Feral aoe always feels weird to me since you can only do 2 swipes before you're out of energy. How do you manage Berserk and TF with aoe?

Also are the white attacks enough while waiting for the energy to come back to still be competitive?

Rokam

Found 7 eggs last night.. it's a miracle, only 18 left to go! Also finished up a 3rd way for cooking. So close yet so far.

Berordn

Really helpful post thank you.

How about aoe? Is it really just rotating swipe and thrash? Feral aoe always feels weird to me since you can only do 2 swipes before you're out of energy. How do you manage Berserk and TF with aoe?

Also are the white attacks enough while waiting for the energy to come back to still be competitive?

Thrash only to keep the bleed debuff rolling on your targets, keep Roar rolling from the CPs you get from Swiping and Swipe whenever you get the chance. You should still be using TF on cooldown, if you want to use berserk during an AoE phase, stacking the two will still be beneficial.

Feral isn't GCD locked at all, so if you just need to sit around and autoattack because of energy regen, it's not going to be a huge dps loss as long as your bleeds are still rolling.

Tarazet

I ended up maining a feral druid in Cata so it took me some time to get into the hang of it, but it's really not terribly complicated once you get used to what you need to track. The rotation is fairly a fairly simple priority too:

Savage Roar > Tiger's Fury > 5cp Rip > Rake > Shred/Mangle

Roar is your highest priority at all times, since it affects everything you do now. Glyph of Savagery makes it easier to get it rolling initially and lets you spend your first five CP on rip, and it pays off in the end. All melee prefer to be behind the enemy to avoid being parried, so that's not that big a deal, and for feral especially it's a nice dps boost since you get to use Shred's 20% extra bleed damage instead of Mangle.

There's just a couple things to watch after that. During execute phases, as long as Rip is rolling it's refreshed with Ferocious Bite, so start using that instead of refreshing Rip directly. If you're the only person who can apply the Weakened Armor debuff, be sure to refresh it with Faerie Fire/Faerie Swarm, Feral/Guardian druids only have to hit it once to get the full 3 stacks on a target so it doesn't hurt to fire it off at the start of an encounter either. You should use Tiger's Fury on cooldown since it's both a damage buff and it grants energy, but it becomes unavailable during Berserk, which is your big damage cooldown. Activating Berserk doesn't cancel its effect though, so if you can time it such that you can hit Tiger's Fury right before Berserk, that'll be a nice boost to damage.

An addon like badkitty or droodfocus will help immensely, but even without it it's just a matter of learning the flow. I personally really like it, and it's nowhere near as complicated as the olden days.

What I do when I'm rolling as Feral is put my cooldowns on F1-F4 in this order: Savage Roar, Tiger's Fury, Berserk, and my Troll haste racial. At the start of a pull, I open from stealth with FF, then swipe all those F keys from left to right and start my rotation on the next GCD. If I don't need to use FF for damage reduction, then I just blow the cooldowns and go straight into it rather than open with Ravage, because SR is a better use of the GCD.

Went back to see what I could solo as a hunter

So far

10ony , very easy
10 sarth 3D kinda tough but doable

going to try BT, the eye and other shit later. I hear mount farming in the stonecore is the thing to do now.

Slayerx

Update: Analysts at investment bank Brean Murray, Carrett & Co. are also weighing in on World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria’s financial impact, and they’re painting a rosier picture. They believe the expansion pack will be a key driver of publisher Activision Blizzard’s third quarter 2012 revenue growth.
“We think recent reports of weak retail sales for Mists of Pandaria may fail to reflect a channel shift toward a greater percentage of digital sales,” they said.
“More than 1 million people bought premium subscriptions, which bundled a year-long subscription with a copy of Diablo III. We look for the premium subscribers to not only pick up the expansion but for a significant portion of them to download it through the Battle.net platform, which should offer high margin revenue.”
Brean Murray estimates 4.5 million units of Mists of Pandaria will be sold in the third quarter despite competition from free-to-play titles and NCSoft’s massively multiplayer online role-playing game Guild Wars 2, which has sold over 2 million copies. It also expects subscriber numbers to increase from 9.1 million to 9.8 million by the end of the third quarter.

Read more at http://venturebeat.com/2012/09/27/w...erformance-disappointing/#iTqPugkrSbcuwD5t.99

http://venturebeat.com/2012/09/27/world-of-warcraft-mists-of-pandaria-performance-disappointing/

Enosh

did sha today
got the pvp belt, quite nice actually, has both secondary stats and all and was a huge improvement
used the charm thingy, lost the roll and got some gold -.-
a guildy was with me who already did sha once this week, he got the option to roll the charm too and got an item, so in theory you can get 4 items max per week from the boss

Ultratech

So I was poking around today and flew to the top of Mount Neverest.

Guess what I found?
e2eXo.jpg

This Wild Onyx Serpent was circling the summit and he's pretty damn fast. Even with max flight speed, I was trailing him for the most part.

Had to ram myself into it to get aggro which promptly dismounted me the first time I tried and died, but worked the second time.

Was kinda disappointed he dropped nothing. Only had 2 mil HP, but it was hitting for around 50k on me. Pretty interesting for a 90 Elite. Though I wonder why it was even there...

strafer

Guess what I found?

This Wild Onyx Serpent was circling the summit and he's pretty damn fast. Even with max flight speed, I was trailing him for the most part.

Had to ram myself into it to get aggro which promptly dismounted me the first time I tried and died, but worked the second time.

Was kinda disappointed he dropped nothing. Only had 2 mil HP, but it was hitting for around 50k on me. Pretty interesting for a 90 Elite. Though I wonder why it was even there...

Oh, I thought that was the new Time Lost.

Ultratech

Oh, I thought that was the new Time Lost.

Apparently, the new TLPD is Alani, who's flying around in the Vale.

Though you have to collect some crystals that drop in the Vale or something before you can bring it down to fight. You kill it and it drops a mount.

Fjordson

Guess what I found?

Damn, that's disappointing he doesn't drop anything. Looks bad ass.

Enosh

We've just applied a hotfix that removes the faction requirements for Justice gear.

Shado-Pan and August Celestial factions will no longer require Golden Lotus faction to purchase this gear. This will allow players who have reached level 90 to have additional sources of item level (ilevel) 450 gear to progress into the Dungeon Finder Heroic dungeons more readily.

Players who are looking to purchase this gear should seek out the following vendors:

Townlong Steppes:
Shadow-Pan - Rushin the Fox in Shado-Pan GarrisonAll - Lo Pin in Niuzao Temple

Vale of Eternal Blossoms:
August Celestials - Sage Lotusbloom or Sage Whiteheart in the Horde and Alliance Shrines Golden Lotus - Jaluu the Generous in front of Mogu’shan Palace
Dread Wastes:
Klaxxi - Ambersmith Zikk in Klaxxivess
I guess that idea got scraped fast ^^

Ultratech

I guess that idea got scraped fast ^^

ROFL, that got nerfed pretty quickly.

Though I don't blame them. I imagine a lot of people were like me and did mostly quests only to lack the ilvl needed to start heroics.
(What was it, I had like 438 when I hit 90? That was mostly stuff from 432-450.)

Plus, it was stupid to put rep on JP items that are obviously inferior.

Hell, you could always make/get 450 pvp gear which isn't that bad...though for whatever reason, the Agility Mail armor set is full of nothing but Crit and Mastery plus PvP stats.

Playing on Illidan is really a challenge right now. I got disconnected(had to take dogs out) and now I am in a 3000 person que again with a 339min wait. If I wasn't so stubborn I'd transfer servers.

sazzy

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6759237078#1

We've just applied a hotfix that removes the faction requirements for Justice gear.

Shado-Pan and August Celestial factions will no longer require Golden Lotus faction to purchase this gear. This will allow players who have reached level 90 to have additional sources of item level (ilevel) 450 gear to progress into the Dungeon Finder Heroic dungeons more readily.

Players who are looking to purchase this gear should seek out the following vendors:

Townlong Steppes:
Shadow-Pan - Rushin the Fox in Shado-Pan Garrison
All - Commander Lo Ping in Niuzao Temple

Vale of Eternal Blossoms:
August Celestials - Sage Lotusbloom or Sage Whiteheart in the Horde and Alliance Shrines
Golden Lotus - Jaluu the Generous in front of Mogu’shan Palace

Dread Wastes:
Klaxxi - Ambersmith Zikk in Klaxxivess

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WHAT?!??!!??!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Holy shit, I just went to the vendor in Niuzou Temple (Townlong) and I can buy everything for JP now :D:D:D:D

Yoshichan

4k spent! Time to do the Honor > JP exchange to get another 4k and spend that :D Thank you Blizz!

Even though heroic gear is still better (ilvl), it feels good that I can at least spend the frikkin' JP I've been stacking up since Cata.

There's a difference between bugs that has always been bugged, and bugs that appear from nowhere. This quest worked perfectly fine before, who the fuck tripped on the wires at Blizzard HQ last night? It's stupid, what it is.

According to Wowhead, Druids are to blame. Something about them opening the doors in flight form blocks the bugs from leaving, and the quest only counts when the bugs leave, not when the doors open.

My brother sent me a rez scroll last night but I still havent gotten it yet, email address is correct. Is there normally a delay on them?

I also heard that destro locks are the worst locks right now, how true is this? x.x/

It may take a bit. Up to a day or day and a half or so.

LOL at the shitty screenshots, and also LOL at the Justice Point Buff/Nerf. Shit was ridiculous, and I have no idea how they didn't catch that. Yes, lets just make it take weeks to get the appropriate rep for each faction to purchase gear that's worse than what heroics drop. Blizz plz.

I mean, there's some benefits to the new daily/rep/gear system, but it has more than it's share of issues.

Yoshichan

According to Wowhead, Druids are to blame. Something about them opening the doors in flight form blocks the bugs from leaving, and the quest only counts when the bugs leave, not when the doors open.
Wow.

Fjordson

So, this hotfix is a good thing yeah? Saw some guildies discussing it earlier but...to be honest, I wasn't sure it they were happy or upset :lol it's been a long time since I was into end game.

Yoshichan

So, this hotfix is a good thing yeah? Saw some guildies discussing it earlier but...to be honest, I wasn't sure it they were happy or upset :lol it's been a long time since I was into end game.
It's a good thing, yes. People will now be guaranteed a couple of ilvl 450-gear by just getting JP. No need to be lucky in heroics anymore.

Yoshichan

I just read about the 1000-rep-across-the-board bullshit... Holy shit, are they dumb or what for creating such a thing? AND BOE AT THAT?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86592/hozen-peace-pipe#comments

They restrict those who wants to play the game without bullshit farming, yet they reward low-popu servers with this crap?

edit: Ah, apparently it's not 1000 to every faction... that's good.

Rokam

I just read about the 1000-rep-across-the-board bullshit... Holy shit, are they dumb or what for creating such a thing? AND BOE AT THAT?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86592/hozen-peace-pipe#comments

They restrict those who wants to play the game without bullshit farming, yet they reward low-popu servers with this crap?

You'll be happy to hear that other servers are even camping our spawn. Have seen Tichondrius and another realm. Oh well :(.

Time to spend the next 5 hours fishing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Apparently, the new TLPD is Alani, who's flying around in the Vale.

Though you have to collect some crystals that drop in the Vale or something before you can bring it down to fight. You kill it and it drops a mount.

Alani isn't the new TLPD at all. Given the difficulty of obtaining Skyshards, he's probably just going to be semi-permanently there.

Yoshichan

I have two of those crystals... just eight more to go :lol

Entropia

No One Remembers
Nah, I'm not that crazy. Getting fish to fill up grocery baskets.

Yup. That's what I spent my night doing.

Got 600 cooking, fishing and LW tonight.

In all for the guild achieve, I gave my guild: Cooking, Fishing, LW, JC and Arch. :|

Yoshichan

Almost 100 Iron Paws... yet I don't know what I'm gonna do with them. And no, I don't want the flippable table, haha!

Rokam

Yup. That's what I spent my night doing.

Got 600 cooking, fishing and LW tonight.

In all for the guild achieve, I gave my guild: Cooking, Fishing, LW, JC and Arch. :|

Ah I'm doing it for Master of Ways, I have 3 Ways done and about half way done with 4th.

Yoshi how are you getting so many tokens?

Yoshichan

Yoshi how are you getting so many tokens?
Killing enemies, find a place with lots of spawn and start killing~

Top Bottom