• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Ebris

SUCCESS!

Not only did I get my account un-compromised, but the B.NET representative helped me even get access to my old account.

Classy stuff, Blizzard. I do believe I will return to Azeroth after all.

Sethos

Banned
Eh, I keep bouncing between my Hunter and DK ... Don't know which one I want to hit 90 with :( Hunter is 88 and DK is 86½

Eh, I keep bouncing between my Hunter and DK ... Don't know which one I want to hit 90 with :( Hunter is 88 and DK is 86½

Arcane Mage and Marksman Hunter here....I have to choose between low armor or low DPS :(

And man, hunter pets suck. My Mend Pet button is going to wear out!

Rösti;42730144 said:
I took a screenshot from Vale of Eternal Blossoms. It's in fullscreen 640x480 resolution:

Looks like garbage, but runs smooth as a dream. At least I have the Red Flying Cloud mount.

holy shit man , how can you play like that? lol

Btw I tamed the hunter only pet from the vale. Extremely hard to track... because tracks are backwards. Blizz need to fix that.

Got the purple one

313328.jpg

Bizazedo

Am I alone in feeling that blacksmithing really got screwed over this expansion? I know there was truegold in cata (was a pain then, and is a pain now), but living steel is ridiculous. Is any other profession so dependant on a separate crafting prof as BS? I really wish blizz would let us make our own high end ore, or have a small chance to mine it.

Some of the professions, and to extend on it, the Expansion itself, feels really odd. Like, Engineering, I built my Blingtron, trinket, and new companion pet. The engineering helm is probably tonight.....but all that's left after that are the mounts. I used to make the ranged weapons too, but in between my time gone and time back Warriors don't use those anymore....

The mount c-block is just the Orbs of Mystery. Everything else is fairly straightforward, especially as Living Steel slowly but inexorably heads down in price.

It's like, I'm mostly "done" already with it?

The expansion is great, but the speed at which content is being consumed is frightening. It's like their attempt to make things extremely casual friendly (and it is) is going to hurt them in a month when it's like "Okay, now what?".

Entropia

No One Remembers
Some of the professions, and to extend on it, the Expansion itself, feels really odd. Like, Engineering, I built my Blingtron, trinket, and new companion pet. The engineering helm is probably tonight.....but all that's left after that are the mounts. I used to make the ranged weapons too, but in between my time gone and time back Warriors don't use those anymore....

The mount c-block is just the Orbs of Mystery. Everything else is fairly straightforward, especially as Living Steel slowly but inexorably heads down in price.

It's like, I'm mostly "done" already with it?

The expansion is great, but the speed at which content is being consumed is frightening. It's like their attempt to make things extremely casual friendly (and it is) is going to hurt them in a month when it's like "Okay, now what?".

Depending on the type of player you are, there are the rep grinds to do, those are going to take some time..

schwupp

i want to play heal druid in the endgame - but i´m leveling as a cat atm.
at which level should i start taking caster equip?
i dont want to be naked at 90 :D

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

You can probably (safely) start taking quest rewards in the 85+ zones. That gear alone will likely be enough for you to start healing regulars and get set for heroics.

Sethos

Banned
Arcane Mage and Marksman Hunter here....I have to choose between low armor or low DPS :(

And man, hunter pets suck. My Mend Pet button is going to wear out!

Exactly, the reason why I'm so undecided. Complaints everywhere about Hunters only broken up by one or two guys who can't back up shit that say "omg hunters fine l2p". I don't care what they can do epic geared or in 3 months, I will be doing lower tier stuff with meh gear, I don't want to be a floor mop.

DK seem fairly balanced, they're alright to play and have awesome AoE but now I just get that drained feeling of having invested a lot of time in the hunter levelling and profession wise, then just jumping ship ...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Depending on the type of player you are, there are the rep grinds to do, those are going to take some time..

Right, someone like me who got a job, other video games and real life shit to do, still only have my mage up to lvl 88 at 50%, barely started Kun-Lai Summit and have a paladin who is still in Jade Forest. With another warrior alt waiting in line to start and my mage and paladin to finish lvling and gear up in heroics/LFR, as well as i have yet to try pet battles, scenarios, battlegrounds and challenge modes... i have enough to keep me busy until the next patch content.

And i know most of the playerbase are probably like me... still without a 90. People who hit lvl 90 2 or 3 days after the launch date are the exception, not the majority.

Tarazet

Is that from that brewfest event? Can you get it before 90?

You can, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. Coren hits the tank pretty hard if he's not in at least heroic-level (440) gear. And his disarm attack hits any melee DPS for about 100k. We had a pugged Rogue running with us and he died every single time, where our guild's 90s stayed alive every time.

He drops 470 epic trinkets for every class. 3 different tank ones.

Dread Wastes would be a good time to start taking the caster loot. Just switch into Resto spec before you turn in and the rewards will change to Intellect stuff.

I leveled as Ret and started taking Holy gear when I got into the last two zones. In the 88-89 zone I only took the Blue items as Holy since they were iLvl 440 and then in the Wastes I took every Holy item that was an upgrade. It got me fairly close to the Heroic requirement and I only needed to replace my weapon with the Arena Scenario quest reward (everyone should at least run this Scenario when they hit 90 for a free weapon).

Dungeons are REALLY easy to heal this expansion so you can be fine rolling into Heroics right at the 440 mark. I was actually below 440 and had to swap in a higher iLvl Ret ring I had to reach the requirement and had zero issues. I am actually kind of bored healing Heroics and miss the early days of Cataclysm ones.

FLEABttn

Banned
WTF is SSAO?

It's a way to approximate in real time how light radiates. It gives structures in the game more realistic shadowing around their edges and makes things look a little less flat as a result. On a modern rig, the "high" level of SSAO in WoW has almost no performance impact. I personally like the look it adds.

A more hardcore WoW player consumes content at a breakneck pace so I wouldn't be surprised or worried about that. Not that more content more often wouldn't be appreciated, but you literally can't generate enough content for these people. So long as Blizz doesn't allow for 9-12 month periods without a content patch, I wouldn't worry.

JCizzle

I leveled as Ret and started taking Holy gear when I got into the last two zones. In the 88-89 zone I only took the Blue items as Holy since they were iLvl 440 and then in the Wastes I took every Holy item that was an upgrade. It got me fairly close to the Heroic requirement and I only needed to replace my weapon with the Arena Scenario quest reward (everyone should at least run this Scenario when they hit 90 for a free weapon).

Dungeons are REALLY easy to heal this expansion so you can be fine rolling into Heroics right at the 440 mark. I was actually below 440 and had to swap in a higher iLvl Ret ring I had to reach the requirement and had zero issues. I am actually kind of bored healing Heroics and miss the early days of Cataclysm ones.

What ilvl is that scenario weapon?

Woorloog

Banned
Umm, can you do quests in other races' starting zones nowadays? Before Cata you could (with the exception of Draenei quests which were largely Draenei-only).
To me it looks like Dwarf 1-5 area is blocked to others (at least without a flying mount), what about others?

Tarazet

You should not even have to do that in Dread Wastes, I was getting options for all three specs for quest rewards there.

The big, higher-level turn ins always give options for off-spec, the small quests along the way give greens for your specific spec at the time you turn it in.

Bizazedo

There are and they will. I've slowed down dramatically. I guess it'll depend how fast you can get into heroics / raids and make the rep grind stuff irrelevant except for the fun / weird stuff.

Speaking of, VERY appreciative of all the flavor / fun items this expansion. Also the Golden Fleece is the best trinket ever.

What ilvl is that scenario weapon?

Ultratech

holy shit man , how can you play like that? lol

Btw I tamed the hunter only pet from the vale. Extremely hard to track... because tracks are backwards. Blizz need to fix that.

Got the purple one

313328.jpg

Yeah, I'm wanting to hunt the rares down. The backward tracks are slightly annoying, but it's not that bad.

The biggest pain is tracking them and following the tracks to a point where they just stop and then nothing else pops up. Highly annoying. Lost the porcupine's tracks yesterday because of that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yet another bugged daily quest.

Just fuck off Blizzard, how incompetent can you possibly be?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
There's a difference between bugs that has always been bugged, and bugs that appear from nowhere. This quest worked perfectly fine before, who the fuck tripped on the wires at Blizzard HQ last night? It's stupid, what it is.

Yoshichan

I'm not playing that shit game though, I'm playing WoW and expect quality out of it. There's quality in here, but this is the fourth "game-breaking" bug in 5 days. It wasn't like this in Cata.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Back at work after a glorious Pandaria weekend. Hit 90 on my lock early sunday, got my discmount later in teh day and a full run of all the 30-something dailies that were open to me. Started on Cloud Serpent, was only able to snag 3 eggs.

I'm pretty happy with heroics being as they are. Coming out of Wrath, I was looking forward to the harder Cata heroics but they just made the whole ordeal less enjoyable than expected. Mists heroics being back at that wrath level takes a lot of the edge off of using LFG and not dreading wasting an hour with a shit group.

Justice points are weird. They really are worthless. Heroics drop 463 loot, JP gets you 450 loot that you can largely get from quests and scenarios. I wouldn't be surprised if all Justice loot gets buffed up or something soon, because the current model just seems like a total failure.

Also, I really hope they fix the utterly broken 500-525 stretch of Archaeology fast. Like, tomorrow fast. This shit just aint fucking acceptable right now, I should be digging up pandaria but I can't because blizz totally fucked their shit.

blackflag

So far enjoying my decision to get Pandaria. I have the annual subscription from Diablo 3 but hadn't played in months.

I don't have much time to play but I am having fun. Level 86 Rogue, just got out of the first zone. Back in Cataclysm I hit 85 in like 3 days but this will take forever since I don't have much free gaming time. Enjoying the slower pace and taking my time.

Justice points are weird. They really are worthless. Heroics drop 463 loot, JP gets you 450 loot that you can largely get from quests and scenarios. I wouldn't be surprised if all Justice loot gets buffed up or something soon, because the current model just seems like a total failure.

The only use I can really see for them for now outside of Heirlooms is buying off-spec gear while the decent drops are getting priority for mains. For instance I can at least get better Retribution gear while I am healing instances. Even then that use will not last very long.

Back at work after a glorious Pandaria weekend. Hit 90 on my lock early sunday, got my discmount later in teh day and a full run of all the 30-something dailies that were open to me. Started on Cloud Serpent, was only able to snag 3 eggs.

I'm pretty happy with heroics being as they are. Coming out of Wrath, I was looking forward to the harder Cata heroics but they just made the whole ordeal less enjoyable than expected. Mists heroics being back at that wrath level takes a lot of the edge off of using LFG and not dreading wasting an hour with a shit group.

Also, I really hope they fix the utterly broken 500-525 stretch of Archaeology fast. Like, tomorrow fast. This shit just aint fucking acceptable right now, I should be digging up pandaria but I can't because blizz totally fucked their shit.

That seems just weird. Maybe they're doing it so you can get off spec gear without having to redo everything?

Anyway, I guess I'll be using justice points for heirlooms. Works for me anyway. I still want to get heirlooms for my level 70 warrior, the shoulders for my monk, chest for my warrior and then some random weapons for everybody else.

Garryk

I ran across the Mogu Warrior this morning. He dropped a nice helm for my Rogue. Took two tries to kill him. Think he had about 1.8M health, but he didn't do much DPS outside of his special attacks. Was able to kill him at 87.

Alchemy

There's a difference between bugs that has always been bugged, and bugs that appear from nowhere. This quest worked perfectly fine before, who the fuck tripped on the wires at Blizzard HQ last night? It's stupid, what it is.

These things happen all the time in large games that are constantly being worked on. Lots of content gets built to work specifically with how tech behaves, and then a smart ass programmer tries to optimize something like path finding and suddenly a bunch of random content explodes because it doesn't function exactly like it used to.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yet another bugged daily quest.

Just fuck off Blizzard, how incompetent can you possibly be?

The one that pisses me off (which I assume you're talking about as the first) was the one where the questgiver vanishes into the ether so you're left with no way to turn it in.

Other bugs that I'm aware of is the fact that Unholy Blight no longer works properly and only sometimes will actually apply BP and FF to people who are in range. Its a pretty vaguely annoying thing. It would be more annoying if there was any content where it mattered beyon inflating your numbers.

I also got Krol the Blade to drop a Second Elixir of Ancient Knowledge, so I have 2 hours of 300% experience for Cataclysm content.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Most bugs I have come across are resolved by simply logging out and back in.

The Unholy Blight and Howling Blast bugs are known by Blizzard and actively being resolved. Its not like it matters anyways, I'm completely dominating the DPS meters in crappy random heroics. I wouldn't discount the possibility that everyone in LFD sucks though.

Jrmint

Can anyone give me tips on feral kitty dps?

I love questing as it but dungeons/raids with it are just annoying as hell to me. My main spec is resto which I love but I'd like to get better as feral.

My main issue is using Shred over Mangle and having to always be behind the boss, it's just so tedious. Also having to keep track of Shred, Rip and Roar is just a pain.

Any tips? Or is it just not for me you think?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
My brother sent me a rez scroll last night but I still havent gotten it yet, email address is correct. Is there normally a delay on them?

I also heard that destro locks are the worst locks right now, how true is this? x.x/

Berordn

Can anyone give me tips on feral kitty dps?

I love questing as it but dungeons/raids with it are just annoying as hell to me. My main spec is resto which I love but I'd like to get better as feral.

My main issue is using Shred over Mangle and having to always be behind the boss, it's just so tedious. Also having to keep track of Shred, Rip and Roar is just a pain.

Any tips? Or is it just not for me you think?

I ended up maining a feral druid in Cata so it took me some time to get into the hang of it, but it's really not terribly complicated once you get used to what you need to track. The rotation is fairly a fairly simple priority too:

Savage Roar > Tiger's Fury > 5cp Rip > Rake > Shred/Mangle

Roar is your highest priority at all times, since it affects everything you do now. Glyph of Savagery makes it easier to get it rolling initially and lets you spend your first five CP on rip, and it pays off in the end. All melee prefer to be behind the enemy to avoid being parried, so that's not that big a deal, and for feral especially it's a nice dps boost since you get to use Shred's 20% extra bleed damage instead of Mangle.

There's just a couple things to watch after that. During execute phases, as long as Rip is rolling it's refreshed with Ferocious Bite, so start using that instead of refreshing Rip directly. If you're the only person who can apply the Weakened Armor debuff, be sure to refresh it with Faerie Fire/Faerie Swarm, Feral/Guardian druids only have to hit it once to get the full 3 stacks on a target so it doesn't hurt to fire it off at the start of an encounter either. You should use Tiger's Fury on cooldown since it's both a damage buff and it grants energy, but it becomes unavailable during Berserk, which is your big damage cooldown. Activating Berserk doesn't cancel its effect though, so if you can time it such that you can hit Tiger's Fury right before Berserk, that'll be a nice boost to damage.

An addon like badkitty or droodfocus will help immensely, but even without it it's just a matter of learning the flow. I personally really like it, and it's nowhere near as complicated as the olden days.

Top Bottom