• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

I am still level 85, I have 20 pets over level 15. I've spent over 40k gold on rare pets. I've started looking on eBay for TGC pet cards.

F U Blizzard.

WoW guides are pretty much the most worthless things ever.

I am still level 85, I have 20 pets over level 15. I've spent over 40k gold on rare pets. I've started looking on eBay for TGC pet cards.

F U Blizzard.

GET A GRIP!

Speaking of expenses, early this morning someone in the guild accidentally learned the new engineering rocket mount that they intended to sell. Only worth about 200k+

As for my own financials, I'm at about 125k now, which is up about 10k from what I started at coming back, but you also have to keep in mind that I spent 16k on a Mammoth to lower my gold count for server transfers (though it actually is really handy - don't regret it) and some other random stuff, so total revenue is higher than 10k, even if profit isn't. I've got about another 20-30k pending due to the epic BoE caster ring I found the other day whenever that sells, which is really nice (no caster character even close to 90, and when I do get one there, it would probably be outdated, so I'd rather have gold now). As mentioned in the previous post, I finally got my JC and Mining capped, so when my Warrior hits 90 and can fly in Pandaria, I'll make some decent money just mining on him, even if the gem market doesn't turn out to be as lucrative as previous expansions (which appears to be the case.) Other professions/characters are too far off to even be close to making money, but I definitely want a maxed tailor to do something will all the cloth I've been accumulating, even if they just turn into 28-slot bag making bitch.

scoobs

Positive feedback in the comments section

Typo there sir, it's spelled "Frost"

I'm blood right now in 466 tanking gear and i do 65k dps on single target bosses, and its almost impossible for anything to kill me... blood will always be the best spec for soloing anything.

He's not going to. Nobody cares about Kael'thas, but people do like Illidan.

Illidan is much more memorable than Kael. Memorable lines, memorable character design, Warglaives, and dat trailer. (I still think BC probably wins out of all the trailers. Wrath and Vanilla WoW are very good too, don't get me wrong. Mists and Cata are bottom tier, though still top notch Blizzard quality CG.)

Illidan is much more memorable than Kael. Memorable lines, memorable character design, Warglaives, and dat trailer. (I still think BC probably wins out of all the trailers. Wrath and Vanilla WoW are very good too, don't get me wrong. Mists and Cata are bottom tier, though still top notch Blizzard quality CG.)
Yep, nothing will ever top "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

Level 90 loot with his name on it has already been datamined from the game files, so I don't doubt it.

Of course, unless they alter the stats on the sword, it won't be worth getting if you already have a lower level version for transmog purposes.
I have 13 days to hit 89 on at least one toon then, haha.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Most guilds couldn't down Kael'thas, so most never did him in his prime. Hell, I missed out, but from friends who DID do that fight...I'm jealous. I'd love to fight him in a current tier level of content. Sounded like misery.

Sethos

Banned
Can anyone recommend me an addon or a way to setup ElvUI for reporting my DK procs and buff expirations? Dark Succor ( Always forget ), Horn runs out, remember to use Blood Tap and stuff like that. Maybe even better to avoid screen clutter, have them light up accordingly, like when Killing Machine procs

leveling on a PVP server with cross-realm zones is brutal lol

Yes, it can be. But it leads to so many adventures! The other day, I was doing my Argent dailies, killing cultists on that cliff in Icecrown. Rogue pops out of nowhere and starts fuckin me up, so out of pure instinct I blinked right off the cliff and slow falled down into the ocean. I buffed up and healed myself in the water, called out to General chat to help, found the guy and fucked him up.

It was awesome, and just one of many sweet PvP moments I've had since I started playing this game in 2007.

Enosh

Can anyone recommend me an addon or a way to setup ElvUI for reporting my DK procs and buff expirations? Dark Succor ( Always forget ), Horn runs out, remember to use Blood Tap and stuff like that. Maybe even better to avoid screen clutter, have them light up accordingly, like when Killing Machine procs
tell me when, weak auras or power auras
one of those should be fine, they all can do what you want them to do

elv ui only really tracks those procs in the buff thingy above your character frame

Yes, it can be. But it leads to so many adventures! The other day, I was doing my Argent dailies, killing cultists on that cliff in Icecrown. Rogue pops out of nowhere and starts fuckin me up, so out of pure instinct I blinked right off the cliff and slow falled down into the ocean. I buffed up and healed myself in the water, called out to General chat to help, found the guy and fucked him up.

It was awesome, and just one of many sweet PvP moments I've had since I started playing this game in 2007.

Brutal as in fun haha , definitely

Almost gave me a vanilla taste.. had to bring out my 90 hunter for some justice police.

Robin64

Scenarios are a big miss. They actually take LONGER than Heroics right now and only give a chance at an item. Such a low chance I've had nothing.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Scenarios are a big miss. They actually take LONGER than Heroics right now and only give a chance at an item. Such a low chance I've had nothing.

I've done 2: 1 with friends, 1 with pugs. They were both ok, but did feel they went on a bit too long.

I did queue for a third and got Theramore which I had no intention of ever doing again so I left.

Brutal as in fun haha , definitely

Almost gave me a vanilla taste.. had to bring out my 90 hunter for some justice police.

I had some adventures in STV the other day on my rogue. I was gonna camp a guy once after killing him, but apparently he wised up and logged out almost immediately after rezzing. Pretty sure I got him once or twice before that incident. I then proceeded to get killed by some 85+ guy a couple times.

Also got killed buy some guy that was ~40 when I was 32 several times.

Fun stuff after always being on a PvE server before. Adds a little spice to things. Molten Front was just absurd though the one day I went there after transferring. Haven't finished all the unlocks there, so I'll have to go back and do it on one guy at some point (and it won't be so bad then), but sheesh. Had to have been at least 100 people in the zone.

Definitely agree. Not having played beta, and only really hearing them discussed at Blizzcon and the like, they were supposed to replace group quests. I thought we were going to get some while leveling, and it seems absurd that we don't. As it stands they're just not that fun, and the time investment to (possible) reward ratio is so bad that you're better off doing anything else. There's potential for them, but they need to be seriously rethought out/reworked.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The problem with Scenarios is that they SHOULD be content you unlock at the end of a questline as a big epic "finish" to the quest line + the blue rewards you typically get at the end of a questline. INSTEAD, they are utterly random Level 90 group quests without any useful reward.

The problem with Scenarios is that they SHOULD be content you unlock at the end of a questline as a big epic "finish" to the quest line + the blue rewards you typically get at the end of a questline. INSTEAD, they are utterly random Level 90 group quests without any useful reward.

Also this.

In case anyone didn't know, there are random one-off quests at the areas where the scenarios take place (like dungeon breadcrumb quests used to be) that unlock at 90 telling you to do the scenario. All they rewards is something like 45 gold, which is utterly pointless. Maybe if these quests offered something, like 440 or 450 gear.

As you said, it would be much more compelling if scenarios were like group quests of old, that were the climax of a longer quest arc. This is what I thought they would be like when the system was originally described. As I stated above, I thought we would get some pre-90 (ludicrous that there aren't any.) Somehow that vision got twisted along the way, and what we have now are these sort of useless things that don't serve much purpose (except for Arena - still using the weapon from that unfortunately, though I would have preferred that one to remain outside.)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey guys, what is going on here?!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Content patch this early o_o what the heck?! HYPE!

Kaper

Most guilds couldn't down Kael'thas, so most never did him in his prime. Hell, I missed out, but from friends who DID do that fight...I'm jealous. I'd love to fight him in a current tier level of content. Sounded like misery.

Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it. Their dependence made manifest after the Sunwell was destroyed. Welcome to the future...a pity you're too late to stop it. No one can stop me now. Selama ashal'anore.

My favorite boss fight of forever.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Energy. Power. My people are addicted to it. Their dependence made manifest after the Sunwell was destroyed. Welcome to the future...a pity you're too late to stop it. No one can stop me now. Selama ashal'anore.

Some of these quotes man...So powerful.

85 monk in 3 days /played. I guess that's aight.

I'm curious as to what the times will be on the alts I'm currently brining up. Hit 40 on one in about 12 hours, though I tend to mess around in BGs and do some other "unproductive" things rather than going the absolute most efficient route.

Ultratech

WoW guides are pretty much the most worthless things ever.

Speaking of expenses, early this morning someone in the guild accidentally learned the new engineering rocket mount that they intended to sell. Only worth about 200k+

But the art! They're not entirely worthless, as some of the guides are good reading, but it's kind of a moot point to get them now since you have the internet at your disposal.
Plus, the various typos/errors that are probably in the book. And being outdated once X patch/expansion comes out.

And yeah, I surprised to learn that those rocket mounts used the Orbs as mats. (3 of them!)
No doubt they'll be expensive as all hell.

Such an awesome fight indeed.

Berordn

5.1 seems like something they planned out along with their decision to not release 2 of the 3 raids until a month after release. I'll bet all my gold that 5.1 and the raids go live same day.

The timing would certainly be perfect, but if they're actually opening it up to PTR testing, 2 weeks isn't a very long amount of time.

Unless it's been brewing for a while behind the scenes.

I hope it's been brewing for a while behind the scenes.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Do you guys know if it is entirely possible to level with only professions to 80? I was gonna make a toon for herbing and mining and wanted to see if i could just do that and level him or if it would take FOREVER to do so.

Do you guys know if it is entirely possible to level with only professions to 80? I was gonna make a toon for herbing and mining and wanted to see if i could just do that and level him or if it would take FOREVER to do so.

I think it's possible, but not viable. Mostly because going node-to-node without a mount, then slow mount, etc. takes so much time.

Especially with heirlooms out there it's really not an ideal path. You would level faster straight grinding with heirlooms than straight gathering.

You could take this as a challenge though and try it if you have spare time. But I'm not sure if the XP gain drops off to zero, or just severely drops off after a certain point, because by doing this, you'd easily max professions for each area before you finished leveling out of it.

Island

Hippie! Kill stuff like a real person!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I think it's possible, but not viable. Mostly because going node-to-node without a mount, then slow mount, etc. takes so much time.

Especially with heirlooms out there it's really not an ideal path. You would level faster straight grinding with heirlooms than straight gathering.

You could take this as a challenge though and try it if you have spare time. But I'm not sure if the XP gain drops off to zero, or just severely drops off after a certain point, because by doing this, you'd easily max professions for each area before you finished leveling out of it.

That's very true. But a challenge you say! hmmmmm

Hippie! Kill stuff like a real person!

I just wanna grab some plants and rocks and maybe cook some good vegan food maaaan! lol

Magnus

5.1 seems like something they planned out along with their decision to not release 2 of the 3 raids until a month after release. I'll bet all my gold that 5.1 and the raids go live same day.

Haha, wut? Naw. Those raids have scheduled release dates within the next 4-5 weeks, if I'm not mistaken, for Normal and LFR/Heroic.

It'd be a little much for them to release 5.1 at the exact same time. I reckon 5.1 would be the Christmas patch, for mid-to-late November. They need to space out their content a little, or risk a drought all the way till 5.2 in...who knows, March, April?

Top Bottom