• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've gotten 13 stacks by 86.
13 stacks (100) of Mote of Harmony? So you've got 1300 Motes?

1300 motes = 130 Spirit of Harmony

130 Spirit of Harmony = 390 Golden Lotus

390 Golden Lotus = 109200 gold

Rokam

Man, I do not understand how you can find enjoyment in doing any of the 3 remade dungeons. All 3 are horribly imo :p

What?? Scholo is great, I love Jandice "Spot the difference" Barov! It's my goal in every group to find the right one before someone kills the wrong one. SM is pretty meh, but I don't think Scarlet Halls is bad.
Except for the part of SH where my pants never drop off the last boss... that part is terrible

Robin64

I'm getting 400g per Golden Lotus at the moment. Just put up 18, expect them to be gone when I get back from lunch. People ignoring this farm are going to lose out. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
... what exactly happened here? Mal'Ganis

hWSLk.jpg

Whooter

Cata starts with either Mount Hyjal and/or Vash'jir. There should be starter quests on the Hero's Call Board, near the Auction Houses.

Are there spec changing macros? This is lame.

You can drag the icon out of the gear changer onto a spare bar slot and clicking on it will automatically swap your gear. Very convenient for my fishing set.

Er wait, spec-changing? Probably a script somewhere that'll do it, though you'd still have to wait the 10 secs.

Trickster

What?? Scholo is great, I love Jandice "Spot the difference" Barov! It's my goal in every group to find the right one before someone kills the wrong one. SM is pretty meh, but I don't think Scarlet Halls is bad.
Except for the part of SH where my pants never drop off the last boss... that part is terrible

Scholo is boring visually and have boring bosses.

Scarlet halls is boring visually and have boring bosses.

Scarlet monestary is boring visually and have boring bosses.

At least that's my oppinion.

Just started back up, level 80 so fucking lost XD

I just had a friend start up again last week after a 3.5 year departure and he was just as you are now (lvl 80 wtf is going on here?).

First, he organized his spell bar and fought lvl 80 mobs for a little while to get used to the game again and adjust to the new mechanics. Then, he sorted all of the grear in his bank and sold everything else. He started questing through Cata, doing Mount Hijal then Deepholm. He did all the quests in both locations and it dinged him 85. At 85, the minimum requirement, he came to Pandaria and found a vendor that sold him upgrades for pretty much every slot on his character. He said it wasn't that expensive and increased all his stats by 50%. He is now questing in Pandaria and replacing that gear with almost every quest he does. His future plans are to hit 90 then to go back and level his neglected tradeskills.

He has had to relearn all the new skills, glyphs, duel spec, buy multiple levels of flying skills, and test out new tactics as he has been leveling and questing. After a little over a week, it's safe to say WoW has got it's hooks back into him pretty deep!

V_Arnold

Dinged to lv90 last night. Already found a few heroic blues in the first runs.

So, the dungeons (heroic ones) seem like WOTLK-level stuff, with the exception that some mobs and some bosses actually damage quite hard if you neglect to stay out of stuff or do not interrupt in time. That part I like, but I can only imagine how the places will look when one is geared up with full epics. It is going to be bloodbath, WOTLK-style again. Well, let us see what 5-man content is brought in after the content patches.

I love the Mantid fraction, btw, and the farming there. 10 stack parry - >aoe 60k+ dmg + aoe stun helper buff means I pretty much pull groups of 15+ mobs and do not need to swithch out of my tank spec (blood, ofc) to farm efficiently.

Ultratech

I'd love to get Skarr, he has a really cool skin, but I haven't seen him spawn yet.

Well, if you can't find him, there's some cats in the Jade Forest that are a green version of Skarr.

They do seem to have overdone the amount of Ghost Iron nodes available.

Seriously. There's Ghost Iron goddamn everywhere on my server. Can't go 10-20 ft without finding a node. Kyparite isn't too hard to find in Dread Wastes, but it's still uncommon.
Now if only Trillium would pop up more often...I almost never see it. Only found a few nodes so far.

Scholo is boring visually and have boring bosses.

Scarlet halls is boring visually and have boring bosses.

Scarlet monestary is boring visually and have boring bosses.

At least that's my oppinion.

Fun fact: the first time I did the revamped Scholomance, I tried to go down to the basement, only to find it blocked. :(

I will say that Scholo looks a little bit better. Scarlet stuff still looks mostly the same, just spruced up a bit, though I haven't done a full run of Monastery yet.

I love the Mantid fraction, btw, and the farming there. 10 stack parry - >aoe 60k+ dmg + aoe stun helper buff means I pretty much pull groups of 15+ mobs and do not need to swithch out of my tank spec (blood, ofc) to farm efficiently.

Yeah, I'm loving the little buffs. Right now I've got the dude that comes down and swipes enemies in range (Angel of Death), and the Mind Control augment.
MC is pretty cool if you can find something good to use it with and it lasts for about 5-10 minutes.

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

I fucking love Blizzard. They fixed the Diggerest and It Belongs In A Museum-achievement I was having problems with before :D!

edit: Also got the Inscribed Red Fan-offhand~ hell yeaaaaah!

Revoh

do you have any tips for a completely WoW beginner? The game it's going to fully download in minutes.
I already read the guide on Blizzard's site but I'm still kinda lost. Don't know what realm and class to choose.. there are too many choices

Yoshichan

10 people in this raid - and no 5% haste. fml

do you have any tips for a completely WoW beginner? The game it's going to fully download in minutes.
I already read the guide on Blizzard's site but I'm still kinda lost. Don't know what realm and class to choose.. there are too many choices

Don't worry, the game starts you out at a very relaxed pace. You get introduced to your class mechanics and the questing system in a very natural way. As you level, your class mechanics, spells, gear, and tactics expand and compliment each other a great deal but it is a very natural progression.

One of WoW's strengths is it's ability to ease people into the game like a warm bath.

Be sure to ask any questions you have here. There are lots of people happy to help you out.

Tamanon

Banned

#1 tip I can give you is to not give up before level 10. I think either a Paladin, Rogue or Warrior would be ideal for a new player. They're reasonably strong and not too fragile, a common issue for new folks who haven't gotten used to mob range yet.

Don't buy gear from vendors, it's never worth what they charge. Get yourself a profession early on that lets you either make gear or sell the materials, such as mining and either blacksmithing or herbalism depending on what you want to do. Gold is important early on, but becomes almost meaningless as you level.

As far as which class to choose, I always suggest versatility. Druids, Paladins, and Monks each have the ability to tank, dps, or heal. Other classes like Priests and Shaman can heal or dps, while Warriors and Death Knights can either tank or dps. The other classes are strictly dps but have a variety of ways to accomplish their damage.

It really depends on what you want to focus on.

Yoshichan

lol, I've missed wiping on 1% (he went down to 200k)

EDRPO.jpg

Revoh

As far as which class to choose, I always suggest versatility. Druids, Paladins, and Monks each have the ability to tank, dps, or heal. Other classes like Priests and Shaman can heal or dps, while Warriors and Death Knights can either tank or dps. The other classes are strictly dps but have a variety of ways to accomplish their damage.

It really depends on what you want to focus on.

I always like to switch things up so I guess I'm going to choose between a druid, paladin or monk.

btw is this the cheapest way to get the game including all of its expansions?
kdHQZ.png

Sarcasm

Give me your realid =D

Fularu

Banned
M'y MG warrior needs a casual raiding group... But fuck MG's idiotic pugging system. If you didn't do it week 1, you're screwed.

Shouldn't have stopped playing 18 months ago :p

And he uses the default cast bar, Quartz is where it's at!

BTW, making some good gold. Lucky day for me today, had a 2x Living Steel proc, sold my BoE caster ring for 29k, got a BoE epic offhand (won the greed roll, fuck ya) in a heroic that's worth about 20k, so if that sells, I'll be up 50k thanks to sheer luck.

Now if only this luck could apply to weapon/legs/etc. drops...

Yoshichan

And he uses the default cast bar, Quartz is where it's at!
Not really :p Pros uses the default cast bar, this is a known fact ♥

edit: mushrooms really are broken.

Enosh

I always like to switch things up so I guess I'm going to choose between a druid, paladin or monk.
druid is the only class ingame that can fill all 4 roles (melee dps, ranged dps, healer, tank) so would be a good idea to start with them and see what you like*, hell you might even like the druid itself**

*that's kinda only if you really have no idea what to play, the druid gives you a preview of all the possible roles, if you have something specific in mind start from there
**unless you like looking at your character instead of a animal, personally I hate the shapeshifting aspect of the druid and would never roll one for that reason

sazzy

Why does Mudmug have a Southern US/Texan accent?

Its really dumb and annoying.

We're doing a whole Eastern expac and this beer-makin'-and-lovin'-dude wants to be from TEXAS in the middle of PANDAria?!

Does this make sense to anyone else?

profit

We're doing a whole Eastern expac and this beer-makin'-and-lovin'-dude wants to be from TEXAS in the middle of PANDAria?!

Magic!

Sethos

Banned

You should really over-analyze it.

Top Bottom