• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Ultratech

Brutal as in fun haha , definitely

Almost gave me a vanilla taste.. had to bring out my 90 hunter for some justice police.

Heh, speaking of PvP shenanigans, a Shaman tried to gank me while I was in the middle of Dread Wastes quests. Sadly, he underestimated the power of arrows, traps, and a crapton of pets. (Yay Stampede!)

Was doing the molten front dailies in Hyjal late last night and managed to tame this beauty - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=54320

He looks so bad ass. Didn't even know he existed until I saw him flying way overhead.

Before CRZ, this guy was always up on my server. I tamed him once and let him go, since I already had several Spirit Beasts (right now I use Skoll and Loque).

There's also quite a few rare pets in the actual Molten Front, but you can't get to some of them until you've unlocked some of the areas in there.

Speaking of tames though, I have 4/9 of the Pandaria rare beasts now. Ran into Hexapos' tracks in Dread Wastes yesterday, so now I have a big pink/white Marsh Walker.

Enosh

well applied for tanking to be my MS in my guild, will see if it works out, kinda full on tanks atm ^^
but i am simply atm enjoying tanking way more than dps, idk why

Enosh

Probably because tank dps is absurd.
nah, even withot that part, don't care about my numbers as a tank, it's the using of CDs to smooth out incoming dmg, the positioning of the boss, hell the taunting when there are 2 tanks, it's all just fun, don't know how better to describe it

scoobs

Tank dps is too high across to board, making tanking more "fun" imo. My blood tank is just putting up absurd damage numbers right now and its definitely fun to compete on the meters on some fights.

I'd also like to add that scenarios are worthless and they need to either rethink the idea or drop it all together. Why would anyone do a scenario?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Tank dps is too high across to board, making tanking more "fun" imo. My blood tank is just putting up absurd damage numbers right now and its definitely fun to compete on the meters on some fights.

I'd also like to add that scenarios are worthless and they need to either rethink the idea or drop it all together. Why would anyone do a scenario?

Honestly I kind of like them, then again I'm a tank. But they're nice to do when you don't want to tank. Yea they do need to be changed a bit I think. I feel like they should be closer to a series of group quests, maybe have them reward the same loot as the heroics but up the justice points to make up for the length.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Great, yet another broken daily. Why didn't they fix this shit when they got a billion bug reports in beta on it? ("Lost Scouts")

mclem

Plus, the various typos/errors that are probably in the book. And being outdated once X patch/expansion comes out.

Actually, that is one of the things that really appeals to me; I've seriously considered purchasing WoW guides long *after* they've expired - not as *guides*, but as a *historical document*.

Do you guys know if it is entirely possible to level with only professions to 80? I was gonna make a toon for herbing and mining and wanted to see if i could just do that and level him or if it would take FOREVER to do so.

As a small aside: I'm kinda proud of the fact that, without actually manufacturing the situation to make it happen, I dinged 86 from mining... and, better still, I dinged 90 from finding one of those rare objects that gives you XP (and didn't even realise it was one! It looked kinda like an object I was gathering for a quest, so I was rather surprised when looting it made the achievement popup)

Rokal

nah, even withot that part, don't care about my numbers as a tank, it's the using of CDs to smooth out incoming dmg, the positioning of the boss, hell the taunting when there are 2 tanks, it's all just fun, don't know how better to describe it

I think the tank changes in MoP make the role a lot more appealing/rewarding. Prior to MoP, once threat became irrelevant, there was no sense of progress in tanking. New gear did not make your character feel more powerful. You might dodge/parry slightly more, or have more HP, but these aren't exciting or even especially noticeable changes. The gear incentive for tanks didn't exist in a way that it did for DPS (I can hit harder and faster!) or healers (I can heal longer without going OOM and for more!).

In addition to a poor sense of gear progression, there wasn't a feeling of skill progression. It didn't matter whether you executed your rotation perfectly because most of what you were doing (gaining threat) was irrelevant. Your responsibility was following fight mechanics and keeping threat, that's it. There wasn't any room to grow in your role as a tank because the gameplay had almost no depth.

MoP fixes both of these problems. You'll feel your gear progress better as you can use your active mitigation abilities faster and more reliably, which will have a bigger impact as your character gears up. You'll feel personal progression as you get better at using your active mitigation abilities when it matters.

I'm loving Brewmaster tanking at 90, as someone that had capped multiple tanks in previous expansions but didn't love playing them. I really hope they don't over-simplify the active mitigation tanking to appease players that don't want to learn.

Well, I just had my account hacked with an authenticator no less. I was playing normally and then I got booted off my server. When I tried to log back in it said my information was invalid, I came back about 20 minites later and all my gold was gone and several of my characters have been deleted :( the worst part is I can't even check all my toons because of the queues on all my normal servers. I opened a ticket hopefully Blizz we sort things out soon.

Esiquio

Well, I just had my account hacked with an authenticator no less. I was playing normally and then I got booted off my server. When I tried to log back in it said my information was invalid, I came back about 20 minites later and all my gold was gone and several of my characters have been deleted :( the worst part is I can't even check all my toons because of the queues on all my normal servers. I opened a ticket hopefully Blizz we sort things out soon.

Holy crap how is that possible. Well there was the hacking incident recently. Did you change all your security questions and passwords? Also, did you get a new serial for your authenticator?

What kind of authenticator were you using? I know that Blizzard was talking about the Mobile Authenticators possibly being in danger when the Battle.net hack happened. I wonder what happened here.

Fjordson

Before CRZ, this guy was always up on my server. I tamed him once and let him go, since I already had several Spirit Beasts (right now I use Skoll and Loque).

There's also quite a few rare pets in the actual Molten Front, but you can't get to some of them until you've unlocked some of the areas in there.

Speaking of tames though, I have 4/9 of the Pandaria rare beasts now. Ran into Hexapos' tracks in Dread Wastes yesterday, so now I have a big pink/white Marsh Walker.
Wow, that's awesome. Hex looks bad ass.

Yeah, I love trying to tame rare pets. Not playing much of Cataclysm has me a little behind, but I've managed to grab Ban'thalos, the spirit beast tiger in Hyjal (forget his original name) and I just got Kirix the green spider from Molten Front.

I'd love to get Skarr, he has a really cool skin, but I haven't seen him spawn yet.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I was fighting that Krol the Blade guy that drops the 300% experience potions and some dude demaded that I let him join group to get credit on the rare. He seemed really angry when I ignored him, killed the mob and left.

I don't think he understood the logistical problem.

Ultratech

I was fighting that Krol the Blade guy that drops the 300% experience potions and some dude demaded that I let him join group to get credit on the rare. He seemed really angry when I ignored him, killed the mob and left.

I don't think he understood the logistical problem.

Something interesting I've found out is that if someone else is attacking a mob you need dead (i.e. quest) and you help kill it (while not in a group), you can still get credit for the kill.
Or so some of the Cloud Serpent dailies and a few other quests have led me to believe.

Won't get you loot of course, but I wonder if it tracks it for Achievements...

ch0mp

Something interesting I've found out is that if someone else is attacking a mob you need dead (i.e. quest) and you help kill it (while not in a group), you can still get credit for the kill.
Or so some of the Cloud Serpent dailies and a few other quests have led me to believe.

Yep some of the quest mobs are untaggable.

TheYanger

Pretty bad, all the classes can get gold I'm sure, but definitely not every comp atm, at least not with relative ease.

I don't think it's likely to change though. You're talking about razor's edge type balancing, class disparities are going to show.

Dresden

Went from level 12-42 on my monk in 3 hours with RAF. This is INSANE. I still had white gear on. lol

Yeah you won't have time to gear up lol.

The friend that I rerolled with via RAF is seriously considering rerolling again, after hitting 90... I told him that he should just go play something else if he wants to pvp that much.

ZenaxPure

I hope the brawlers guild is similar to the rare spawns in Mists, I have had a ton of fun fighting them. The Hozen in particular are quite great to fight, dodging all those bananarangs is the best.

First boss requires two because of mechanics :(

Worth noting that this isn't the case anymore. I don't know if I just DPSed fast enough or if blizzard actually changed the mechanic but I had no trouble soloing the first boss of Black Temple as a rogue, never got speared once. I stopped at bloodboil because I kept dying around 20% because of the dots and crap, with a bit more gear he won't be any trouble either. BT is fairly easily solo-able for sure.

edit:

Scenarios are a big miss. They actually take LONGER than Heroics right now and only give a chance at an item. Such a low chance I've had nothing.

This isn't entirely true. As a solo DPS it's significantly faster to que for a scenario than a heroic 5 man. You can usually do a full scenario clear in the time it takes to wait for a dungeon to pop. It works well together anyway since you can still stay in que for a dungeon while doing a scenario. It's obviously a different story if you're a healer/tank or grouping with friends but it's probably safe to say the vast majority of people playing WoW are solo DPS players.

I do agree about the loot though, considering the loot is random stats similar to the bags you get while doing dungeons at low levels it may as well drop at least 50% of the time. I've done about 10 scenarios so far and all I've gotten is a hat with no sockets so it was worthless.

CoLaN

I'm about to jump in again after a 2 years break (i played cataclysm for a little while, and before that i was inactive since TBC).

I will probably play a pandaren monk; how long does it take to level from 1 to 85?

Also, should i try to get a scroll of resurrection (and if so, is there anyone that could send me one)?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This game is fucking amazing.

That is all.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ok on one quest the item changes depending upon spec.

On another the primary spec has a choice between two versions and the secondary doesn't.

Confusing. Or stupid/annoying rather.

Pretty sure this started in Cataclysm, at least for some mobs, but if there's a "boss" quest mob, it'll have an exclamation point inside a shield on the frame somewhere (I use SUF, so I'm not sure where it would be on the default frames or with another mod). These mobs are untaggable, and anyone who participated in a kill gets credit.

Really convenient, since you don't have to wait however many minutes for a respawn to solo kill something if you see someone already attacking it, and don't have to go through the hassle of grouping up just for that one thing.

Skipped dailies today. Didn't feel like doing them earlier, and I was tired and sleeping later. Sure it sets me back a day, but it's nice to have to worry about doing the same grind repeatedly without a break.

And I really do need to find a group to do some challenge modes with, even if it's just shooting for Silver initially (I want that mount!). I feel like I need to cap out my gear at 463 first though. Still have green pants - apparently there's only one plate DPS pants in all the heroics - plus a bunch of other slots still at 450 and maybe the occasional one at 440.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
!!!!!!

[Lesser Charm of Good Fortune] stack more than 90 now :D?! REJOICEEEEEEEE
What's up with all this ore? Am I phased in a starting area with no one farming?
Yup, no one is mining in MG besides me.

Yoshichan

So I got honored with The Black Prince and turned in the quest... and got absolutely nothing! Nice!

Yoshichan

They do seem to have overdone the amount of Ghost Iron nodes available.
And they also seemed to nerf it recently:
The respawn rate of Ghost Iron Ore has been reduced to the correct value

Top Bottom