• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Robin64

I think it doesn't matter how much VP dungeons would offer, as long as dailies offer VP as well, then the "hardcore" will always feel like they absolutely have to do them.

The simple solution was to have dailies offer JP, in nice quantities, which could be used to purchase decent blue items without a rep requirement. Ah well.

Enosh

I think it doesn't matter how much VP dungeons would offer, as long as dailies offer VP as well, then the "hardcore" will always feel like they absolutely have to do them.
no atm I'd say the really hardcore (aka the ones chasing world first) are forced to to do the dailies because of the charms

Dresden

Another brewmaster question

What's better ? 1h or DW? Does it matter? As long as the stats equate to a 1H?

Dual wielding or 2h staves/polearms are your only options, you lose DPS/threat if you just use a single 1h.

Dual wielding was like a 4% damage increase over 2h iirc. Basically, use your highest ilvl whatever.

Robin64

I thought Charms only got you an extra roll in LFR and world bosses, given normal modes are meant to use the tried and tested old system?

Edit: Just found out, it works in normal and heroic too. Okay, that seems kind of shitty.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
:lol, after finding 1 BoE epic in all the time I played WoW, managed to get two tonight. Shame this isn't 2005 so I ended up just keeping them for transmog.

Woorloog

Banned
:lol, after finding 1 BoE epic in all the time I played WoW, managed to get two tonight. Shame this isn't 2005 so I ended up just keeping them for transmog.

I've found maybe two epic items total. Stockade Pauldrons and... Well, i think there was something. It feels awesome to find one, even if you can't/won't use it.
I've played since... 2006? 2005? Don't remember.

Any idea if Chromatic Sword will sell for a high sum? It is a Common quality two-hander sword, unique in a sense, it drops only from one rare mob, and doesn't have very high drop chance. Oh and it has rainbow coloring on the blade. Might be a good for transmogging.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=1604/chromatic-sword

Dual wielding or 2h staves/polearms are your only options, you lose DPS/threat if you just use a single 1h.

Dual wielding was like a 4% damage increase over 2h iirc. Basically, use your highest ilvl whatever.

sorry I meant 2h instead of 1h haha. So I see... I may have to check out DW

Ultratech

I've found maybe two epic items total. Stockade Pauldrons and... Well, i think there was something. It feels awesome to find one, even if you can't/won't use it.

Any idea if Chromatic Sword will sell for a high sum? It is a Common quality two-hander sword, unique in a sense, it drops only from one rare mob, and doesn't have very high drop chance. Oh and it has rainbow coloring on the blade. Might be a good for transmogging.

Huh, interesting sword there. I suppose if there's people around that are into Transmog, you could probably fetch a really good price for it.

Can't say I've really found many Epic BoEs. I think I may have picked up one or two back in BC, but I'm not sure.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Mother of God... the rep change O_O
Yoshi, stay out of the Gaming thread! Look, all the immature "obese kung-fu panda" comments are showing up again. Stay here and snuggle.
Yeaaaaah... I'm not getting banned today.

ZenaxPure

I actually like that charms work on real raids. In Cata our main tank did Beth every single week from the start of Firelands until the day Dragon Soul came out (and even a few times after) and he never once saw the sword drop. Same thing happened in DS as well, he used the trash drop axe with hit from Firelands basically the entire expansion. At least this way he would have gotten more shots at it.

Maybe it needs to be tuned a little bit but I like the idea of having an extra shot at an item each week.

Of course our problem could have been fixed via other methods but those would require completely revamping how loot in raids work. The charm system looks like it fits in nicely with how loot works currently, and I mean, you can only get 3 a week anyway and there are what, 18 bosses this tier?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Did a spurt of Pandaria arch today after they finally fixed their fucking shit and made 500-525 doable again. Already have the 463 spear waiting for me to level my monk. feelsgoodman.jpg

mileS

Did a spurt of Pandaria arch today after they finally fixed their fucking shit and made 500-525 doable again. Already have the 463 spear waiting for me to level my monk. feelsgoodman.jpg

that spear is sick. I don't have a druid or monk that can use it yet. I quickly tested it out on my level 86 warrior. ooooh buddy. 90k Mortal strike crits are awesome.

Yes I know agility is not used for warriors but you can't beat leveling with a weapon that has a 463ilevel from 85-90. Who cares about the missing str when you hit like a truck.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Boom!

PxjSw.png

Rambaldi

Killed the Sha of Anger today and got nothing from him. Flipped a coin and got my tier gloves! :D

And got my Monk to 15 and am forcing myself to finally level a tank because I've been scared of actually doing it for 7 years. I'm having a blast and it shocks the hell out of me.

Yoshichan

I just did the "To be a Master"-quest, and all I got was 10 Iron Paws :lol?

Oh well, it was fun :D

Yoshichan

Hmm, guys I need some help here. I got 10 artifacts awhile ago, and now that I saw my progress for the next achievement, it says that I only have 1/20...

28srp.jpg

Berordn

Hmm, guys I need some help here. I got 10 artifacts awhile ago, and now that I saw my progress for the next achievement, it says that I only have 1/20...

28srp.jpg

I had a similar issue with mine not displaying my progress on Diggerest. It also tells me I'm at 1/20 for It Belongs in a Museum! even though I've already earned that one. Probably just a bug.

Yoshichan

Did you get those 10 on another character?
Nope, same character ._.

edit: Same thing with Diggerer and Diggerest... I've got the 50 unique uncommon artifacts, but the continuation-achievement says I only have 1/100.

Westlo

Second Wind is so stupid against the last stormstout brewery boss lol, actually haven't had that much fun doing a 5 man boss in while since me and the dk tank had to kill it from 70% down due to some fuckups... and he died with 10% to go.

Speaking of Warriors, it's amazing how beast they are at leveling these days, oh I'm @ half health.. that's okay I'll bandage, eat or pop a potion charge the next one and Victory Rush, ah good full health again. Goes afk for 10 mins, mob dps getting outhealed by second wind.

Back in vanilla was so painful leveling a warrior...

Robin64

"We're currently looking into reducing the item level requirement for Mogu'Shan Vaults LFR from 463 to 460. This should mean that more players will be ready to go once LFR is rolled out"

'kay

Yoshichan

May be worth quite a chunk of change. It shares a model with other swords (the model isn't that interesting though), but I think the glow is unique. Not sure if they glow would be overwritten by enchant glows though, in which case it may be less valuable.

I've kept this baby: http://www.wowhead.com/item=30733#comments in my bank for quite awhile after getting it off a Kazzak kill. Could probably go for quite a bit. Not sure if I want to keep it for myself though, as it is pretty damn cool. Even then, not sure if I'd give to my warrior or someone else, or keep it on my DK.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"We're currently looking into reducing the item level requirement for Mogu'Shan Vaults LFR from 463 to 460. This should mean that more players will be ready to go once LFR is rolled out"

'kay

icalledit.jpg

Westlo

May be worth quite a chunk of change. It shares a model with other swords (the model isn't that interesting though), but I think the glow is unique. Not sure if they glow would be overwritten by enchant glows though, in which case it may be less valuable.

It's worth a lot, depending on server of course.

Tarazet

Rolled a Panda Shaman and found myself wishing I had played this class from the get-go. Playing Enhancement and loving this shit. At 14 it's already more fun than my Paladin in Ret spec at 85.

Yoshichan

The high-up mountain parts of Kun-Lai is just ridiculous. It's one of the prettiest places in the whole game.

edit: Also... mother of god!

scoobs

'kay

amateur hour, I got exactly 463 a couple days ago. naturally it was for nothing.

Yoshichan

I just realized... revered with Klaxxi today... that's two epic VP items, ready to be bought ,_, too bad I lack the VP (fucking cap)

scoobs

I just realized... revered with Klaxxi today... that's two epic VP items, ready to be bought ,_, too bad I lack the VP (fucking cap)

VP is so hard to come by. I'm a couple of dungeons away from the epic neck.. I'm positive if I buy it I'll get a LFR neck drop thats better and I'll be pissed lol

Yoshichan

Does getting revered with the Klaxxi unlock any other dailies (outside of the Dread Waste)? Anyone know?

glaurung

Those archeology achievements are horribly bugged for me too.

I was doing regular lv86 quests at the Tian Monastery (I think) when these suddenly started popping up. First for the smaller amount of artifacts, then for the larger amount.

Weird glitch.

Yoshichan

Just took me 20 minutes to figure out how to get to jadefang and now I haz tiny shale spider
Explain! Where's Jadefang and how do I get the spider :D?!

Wubby

Do you guys think Black Temple will be soloable at 90 in decent gear? I'd like to get those glaives on my Warrior. Only legendary I truly want...

JCizzle

Do you guys think Black Temple will be soloable at 90 in decent gear? I'd like to get those glaives on my Warrior. Only legendary I truly want...

First boss requires two because of mechanics :(

Edit: I think pet classes MAY be able to cheese it if you can get the boss to impale your pet (by not having ANY agro), then DPS him down in like 60 seconds. Some DKs could manage it at 85 I think.

Top Bottom