• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Rare spawn in Deepholm. Can be tamed or killed for a bop companion.
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=49822/jadefang
You get the Underground Economy daily that lets you plant bombs and knocks you back, jump on a certain green rock in the Crumbling Depths, and get knocked up into his cliff cave.
You can also fly into the cave on your mount and at just the right time briefly detach the ethernet cable from your computer and then plug it back in before you DC. The lag extends your flight time and it's possible to fly to the ledge. Can't remember if have to unplug once or twice. That's how I did it
don't tell anyone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHEIG-6M76U

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks DeathNote :D

So I found out last night that the Heroic healing cloak that has an On Use effect that gives you +1,000 Spirit for an hour (acts like an elixir) only had two charges that do not regenerate. What the hell Blizzard? If you want people to still buy stuff from Alchemists then make it slightly inferior to what they offer, but it was nice for when just running Heroics.

Also sorry no link for it, most WoW sites are blocked at work.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
<,< Dark Souls?

eAvoc.jpg

You can also fly into the cave on your mount and at just the right time briefly detach the ethernet cable from your computer and then plug it back in before you DC. The lag extends your flight time and it's possible to fly to the ledge. Can't remember if have to unplug once or twice. That's how I did it
don't tell anyone

As a Night Elf you can just die under the ledge, fly back in spirit form and rez on top of the ledge, easy peezy. Feel free to tell everyone that's how I did it!

Yoshichan

Sigh... another bug? I got this achievement, but it's not showing up in my list of feats of strength:

rewqt.jpg

Ultratech

Got revered with Order of the Cloud Serpent. Also managed to get 2nd place in the race, despite not knowing any real shortcuts.

Also started messing around with the Tillers. Might help in getting my cooking up a bit...

Does getting revered with the Klaxxi unlock any other dailies (outside of the Dread Waste)? Anyone know?

From what I've read so far, I think it just opens up some more quests to go awaken some more guys. Not sure what else gets added.

<,< Dark Souls?

eAvoc.jpg

It'd be so cool to tame that with the sword...but it's Lv91 I think. :(

Yoshichan

From what I've read so far, I think it just opens up some more quests to go awaken some more guys. Not sure what else gets added.
Yup, I pretty much confirmed that as-well!

edit: Also, I've gone to the Cloud Serpent race every day since launch and they haven't given me the opportunity to race a single time. I've been exalted with them since day three, so I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Mal'Ganis US.

Yoshichan

Ultratech

Yup, I pretty much confirmed that as-well!

edit: Also, I've gone to the Cloud Serpent race every day since launch and they haven't given me the opportunity to race a single time. I've been exalted with them since day three, so I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Mal'Ganis US.

Weird. Right after I hit revered, I had to go talk to somebody and my Serpent grew up a little.
Then I had to do a few quests riding around on my Serpent to get the lay of the racetrack, then I got the racing quest.
Then I got some more dailies where I beat up on some of the other racers. lol

ampere

Got our good dps online last night and one shot Feng, felt good! Tried 3 healing (10 man) Gara'jal and hit enrage with him at 23%, tried 2 healing and were keeping up with the enrage, but we wiped and raid time ended. Going to get him tonight I think.

Does getting revered with the Klaxxi unlock any other dailies (outside of the Dread Waste)? Anyone know?

There should be two more guys you can awaken, but I don't know if that adds more dailies.

Yoshichan

Downed the first boss in Mogu'Shan after trying it out once :lol Healing Mushrooms needs a nerf (60k hps). The two other resto druids who didn't use mushrooms had 40k hps.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Finally finished the second leveling zone. I'm about a quarter through level 88 now. I think the second zone was a lot worse then the first one. Some of the writing was good, but after awhile I got tired of doing stupid farming and fetch quests.

I am suprised Green Tea Leaves still sell for 70g a stack. I can't step two feet anywhere without running into a node. I must have made thousands of gold selling the stuff so far.

mclem

I'm a little bothered by the reputation changes, actually. Don't they mean it'll take less time to level from Revered to Exalted than it will to get from Honored to Revered? I'm not particularly comfortable with that, I think it should be a strict increase in requirements per rep level.

Actually, as a small aside: I suspect that's why they doubled the rep gain rather than halved the distance to Exalted, to make that fact slightly less obvious!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm curious how the rep change will effect quests that give you a huge one-time boost to get you from hated to neutral. Will you just immediately hit exalted with netherwing, for example, if you bothered to do that introductory questline on a new character?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I'm curious how the rep change will effect quests that give you a huge one-time boost to get you from hated to neutral. Will you just immediately hit exalted with netherwing, for example, if you bothered to do that introductory questline on a new character?

I thought it goes without saying that it will only effect MoP reputations? Anything pre-mop is severely nerfed anyway.

mclem

Finally finished the second leveling zone. I'm about a quarter through level 88 now. I think the second zone was a lot worse then the first one. Some of the writing was good, but after awhile I got tired of doing stupid farming and fetch quests.
I liked the mellower feel of that zone. It's worth pointing out that it and Krasarang Wilds are inherently linked in a few places; there's a climactic chain once you've done both zones.

I liked the mellower feel of that zone. It's worth pointing out that it and Krasarang Wilds are inherently linked in a few places; there's a climactic chain once you've done both zones.

Still not as good as Wrathgate.

---

Warrior dinged 87 today. Maxed out his mining and JC. Getting recipes is gonna be a pain though. Limited by the daily, or forced to farm on an alt. Will probably let him sit for a few days at least to build up rest again. Leveling is slow enough as prot. You really need to be fighting 3+ mobs at once to be efficient, which can be difficult in some spots to round up. I do dungeons, but I'm not willing to really grind them (yet).

Also found out that there's an account meta achieve for getting all professions maxed after you hit the one for 5.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I thought it goes without saying that it will only effect MoP reputations? Anything pre-mop is severely nerfed anyway.

I dunno, the announcement made no mention of being mists-specific. It's presented as a change to overall reputation mechanics.

5.1 PTR Coming Soon.

Sounds like some good stuff. Doesn't seem like there will be new raids in 5.1, similar to 4.1, but it seems the turnaround is also going to be fairly quick.

Brawler's Guilds sounds sort of like an offshoot of the Proving Grounds feature. (I'm a DK and can switch to blood, GG - unless they have something special in store.)

Sarcasm

Still not as good as Wrathgate.

---

Warrior dinged 87 today. Maxed out his mining and JC. Getting recipes is gonna be a pain though. Limited by the daily, or forced to farm on an alt. Will probably let him sit for a few days at least to build up rest again. Leveling is slow enough as prot. You really need to be fighting 3+ mobs at once to be efficient, which can be difficult in some spots to round up. I do dungeons, but I'm not willing to really grind them (yet).

Also found out that there's an account meta achieve for getting all professions maxed after you hit the one for 5.

What talents did you choose for your warrior? Also..I barely can find enough ats to max JC =S

Weenerz

Banned
5.1 PTR Coming Soon.

Sounds like some good stuff. Doesn't seem like there will be new raids in 5.1, similar to 4.1, but it seems the turnaround is also going to be fairly quick.

Brawler's Guilds sounds sort of like an offshoot of the Proving Grounds feature. (I'm a DK and can switch to blood, GG - unless they have something special in store.)

Can you post the entire post on MMO Champion? Stuck behind a firewall at work.

Robin64

Can you post the entire post on MMO Champion? Stuck behind a firewall at work.

ok

Blizzard said:
While Mists of Pandaria already comes packed full of some of the most diverse and expansive World of Warcraft content to date, we’re staying true to our goal of delivering new content faster. With that in mind, we’re pleased to share that the first major Mists of Pandaria content update, Patch 5.1, is well underway.
In fact, our plan is to release a build of patch 5.1 on the Public Test Realms soon so you can experience it for yourself! Initially, the PTR build won’t include all of the 5.1 patch content, but here’s a glimpse of the major features that are already in the pipeline.

Patch 5.1 Features

Pandaria and the War of Conquest
While members of the Horde and the Alliance have been busy exploring the exotic continent of Pandaria, Garrosh and Varian have been gathering their forces in preparation for the struggle to exert the influence of the Horde and the Alliance over these long-lost lands. Players who have quested through Pandaria will see forces of both factions arrive in force on the shores of the unspoiled continent, bringing the tensions between the Horde and the Alliance into sharp focus. New daily quest hubs and faction reputations will be available to adventurers eager to do their part in the brewing conflict.

Brawler’s Guild
Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft. The first rule of brawls is you don’t talk about brawls. The second rule…

Pet Battles Improvements
Several UI and other improvements will be added to the Pet Battles system, including a way to upgrade the rarity of pets that you’ve captured.

Item Upgrades
You will be able to spend Valor Points to improve the item level and quality of gear you already own.

The Quest Continues
Wrathion is keenly interested in the conflict exploding between the factions on Pandaria’s southern shore. He’s sure to have additional tasks for players to complete as they continue their quest for Legendary gear.

Keep in mind this is only a taste of what’s to come, and that there’s even more in store. Stay tuned for additional details as we prepare release Patch 5.1 for testing!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
first content patch ~4 months after launch

last content patch ~year before next patch.

Manage your shit better guys.

What talents did you choose for your warrior? Also..I barely can find enough ats to max JC =S

Pretty sure this is it: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#wh9|Gbr

May have messed up on one of the major glyphs though (not sure if I had Hoarse Voice or something else.) Minor glyphs are all cosmetic (except for Bloody Healing which may as well be with the opportunities you'd have to use bandages, especially as a tank.)

There's a lot of situational stuff though. On the right encounter, Double Time could be very good. Warbringer to an extent, but it's more PvP oriented. I like Juggernaut since it's just sort of a vanilla, generally good in every situation glyph.

Second Wind is nice because I'm lazy and is a nice buffer to prevent you from dying when you're in that execute range. Impending Victory I think is sort of meh at best - maybe something you pick up when soloing old raids. Enraged Regeneration is kind of expensive for what it gives you (as prot where you have multiple other abilities with high costs which could be used to mitigate damage when you're going to be healed anyway.)

Tier 3, Staggering Shout is really a PvP talent more intended to be used in combination with Hamstring or someone else's slow. Completely inferior to Piercing Howl in most kiting situations, especially because of the long CD. Disrupting Shout is nice just to have another interrupt and is probably the best general use talent for a main tank or 5-man tank, but dealing with kiting adds, you definitely want Piercing Howl.

Shockwave is the undeniable best talent for Prot in the 4th tier. Was a signature skill before and is still very, very good. AoE stun on adds/trash mitigates a ton of damage, and useful for interrupting "protected" spells that you can't otherwise get. It would be tempting to get Bladestorm or Dragon Roar for the lulz though. I'm kinda curious about which is supposed to be better for DPS, especially since Dragon Roar is new - haven't seen it in action yet.

For the 5th tier I picked Safeguard because I think it's probably the best general use talent. Mass Spell reflection can obviously be very good as a raid cooldown in the right scenario and you'd pick it there. Safeguard and Vigilance you'd probably alternate between depending on the fight, how damage is dealt, and if there is tank swapping.

Not sure what I want for the level 90 talent yet since I'm not there. Storm Bolt is nice as it's kind of like a second Heroic Throw with the bonus of stunning. Ranged attacks are always good on a melee character. Avatar seems pretty damn good as well as a general use big cooldown. Definitely better for the DPS specs, but at the very least, the extra rage generation will let you get off a lot more of your defensive abilities. I think Bloodbath is really the odd one out here. As a tank, I'm not gonna care about the extra bleed damage, and if I wanted a slow, I would have picked up Piercing Howl already, which has no CD, and only costs a measly 10 rage. It may be useful for one of the DPS specs (or in PvP) if they have passives that play off bleeds. Still pretty trash compared to the other choices though - it probably needs a rework.

--

Didn't mean for this to go into a full analysis of Warrior talents when I started typing, but there you go. Not going to analyze the glyphs, but I like the mobility you get from Heroic Leap and Death From Above lets me leap more. Doing things like Charge, Thunderclap, Cleave, Leap, Heroic Throw, Charge (or some variation of that order) into a pack is what makes Warrior tanking fun to me.

And I just hit 87 as mentioned, so I haven't really had time to use with the banners yet aside from some toying around, but they're pretty cool. They're all independent CDs, so you can chain them one after the other if you want to. The fact that you can Intervene to them is pretty fun as well, giving you another nice mobility tool. I can definitely see some uses just for that in encounters where you preemptively place the banner and intervene to it after a knockback or something.

Jrmint

5.1 PTR Coming Soon.

They said it was going to be fast, but wow.

I hope the ptr takes at least 2 months. Any faster than that would be too fast honestly (can't believe I'm saying that). There's already so much to do its kind of overwhelming.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
They said it was going to be fast, but wow.

I hope the ptr takes at least 2 months. Any faster than that would be too fast honestly (can't believe I'm saying that). There's already so much to do its kind of overwhelming.

But... i thought some GAF members said they were burning through content too fast. Who am i to believe?

JCizzle

I wonder what Brawlers Guild will provide? It sounds like it may have HUGE potential... but to what end? Transmog of the drops that boss used to provide? Scenario type rewards? Etc.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder what Brawlers Guild will provide? It sounds like it may have HUGE potential... but to what end? Transmog of the drops that boss used to provide? Scenario type rewards? Etc.

It's just a proving ground - the idea is to teach people how to play Warcraft on a dungeon/raid level without actually forcing them into raids.

When do you get Titan's grip now with warriors?

Anoregon

Being able to potentially increase pet quality is a slap in the face to pokemon purists. Fucking casualized babby bullshit.

Subscription canceled.

(I am not being serious.)

PatzCU

So I've been having issues back and forth with Bliz customer service on getting my SoR server/faction xfer right all week. Unfortunately, at this point I have to wait another 3 days before they can give me a faction change. I bought MoP last night and am really itching to play it.

Do you guys think I'll really screw things up if I start MoP content as alliance and switch to horde halfway through on my way from 85-90? Tonight is my only night to play this weekend so I'd love to try the new stuff, but don't want to compromise faction/story kind of stuff.

BTW - Pet Battles are incredible.

Top Bottom