• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Why does Mudmug have a Southern US/Texan accent?

Its really dumb and annoying.

We're doing a whole Eastern expac and this beer-makin'-and-lovin'-dude wants to be from TEXAS in the middle of PANDAria?!

Does this make sense to anyone else?

You back off of Mudmug! He's a cool dude, makes good beer, and his name is fun to say!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He's just a redneck/Larry the Cable guy tribute.

M'y MG warrior needs a casual raiding group... But fuck MG's idiotic pugging system. If you didn't do it week 1, you're screwed.

Shouldn't have stopped playing 18 months ago :p

It still is week 1 lol

I always like to switch things up so I guess I'm going to choose between a druid, paladin or monk.

btw is this the cheapest way to get the game including all of its expansions?
kdHQZ.png
Everything for $59.99? Go for it. That's a really good deal for new players.

Krogan

Anyone else think the next nerf will be for recipes to require less mats? The hoarder in me is going crazy holding all cooking mats till I get around to leveling it up.

TheYanger

Scholo is boring visually and have boring bosses.

Scarlet halls is boring visually and have boring bosses.

Scarlet monestary is boring visually and have boring bosses.

At least that's my oppinion.

Visually, Scholo and the two SMs are nothing like they used to be. Similar 'style' but you can immediately tell that all the art is new.

Scholo has boring bosses? what? I love those bosses. Jandice is an AWESOME concept and is genuinely rough to do 'correctly'. Rattlegore is interesting, and Gandling is as cool as he always was except without the 6 rooms of garbage before him. Oh, the first boss is cool too just way undertuned of course.

Scarlet Halls has dog food trash, which is awesome aside from when it bugs out, Harlan is probably the least-pug friendly heroic boss in the expansion, and the last guy is neat, try not blocking book burner sometime and see how much more fun it is ;)

Cathedral..that one is mostly unchanged. The monk boss is a lot of fun, but the first one is kind of a snooze and the last boss is way too similar to how it used to be. Also this zone on challenge mode SUCKS BALLS. Tuned too tightly compared to most of the rest imo.

http://youtu.be/v3RBUKElCzg from the stream yesterday now up, good times. I know I'm plastering stuff all over but I can't help it CMs are exciting to me.

sazzy

OK So I've completed the whole of Valley 4 and more than half of Krasasasang.

There's a huge bug in the wall. I've done all the quests around it, its not going away, and I can't get past it. I even have the quest for Townlonge but I can't go there, either through Valley 4 or Krarararasang.

HALP.

OK So I've completed the whole of Valley 4 and more than half of Krasasasang.

There's a huge bug in the wall. I've done all the quests around it, its not going away, and I can't get past it. I even have the quest for Townlonge but I can't go there, either through Valley 4 or Krarararasang.

HALP.

Head for Krasarang. You'll deal with the bug later.

sazzy

Maybe I screwed it up? :\

I'm 89 with dungeons+all of Valley4+everything less than the southern islands of Krararasarng+intro quests of Kun Lai.

I kept switching back and up to get some variety in zones :\

sazzy

Maybe I screwed it up? :\

I'm 89 with dungeons+all of Valley4+everything less than the southern islands of Krararasarng+intro quests of Kun Lai.

I kept switching back and up to get some variety in zones :\

For example, I have no more listed quests for Valley4 OR Krarararasang.

There's 2 '!' points in the islands in the sea, gonna go there now?

Ultratech

Did some Pet Battling this morning, getting my stuff leveled up and whatnot.

Went looking for Spawn of Onyxia and there were quite a few people looking for some as well. So I just leveled up my pets until a few Alli attempted to gank me in the middle of a battle.
Sadly, they didn't put up much of fight and then a Mage came to help out.

Kinda hate how you can get booted out of a Pet Battle if a random mob just paths into you and starts attacking.

Haha what.

Why would they do this!? Especially with CRZ ganking and crap, that's gonna piss a lot of people off. Ugh.

So many friends quite after CRZ it's not even funny.

The guild was in shambles. My raiding guild also is changing games.

When people saw the "Proudmoore" tag they would instantly harras them for being gay. >.> Which is just wrong. One I believe people should be nice to each other, two I believe people shouldn't go out of there way to make life hell for others, and three not everyone on Proudmoore is gay.

They'd do things like flag up for PVP and stack on the portals so we couldn't summon without accidently getting flagged for PVP. The raiding guild got so annoyed that half of the main team already left to Rift (which am not a fan of).

Then we have alliance going around one shotting all quests mobs needed when they see a proudmoore player just to be a bigot. These players won't flag up, so your guild can't help you. You are forced to log out and do something else, until they find a new target to harass.

>.>

This expansion has been a nightmare.

Hard >< waiting for quest giver/mob respawns. Clicking tab and 1 is not hard. Frustrating but not hard.

Rokal

What is funny is that you seem to drop into the WoW threads here on GAF every week to post these exact same complaints. You're complaining about Proudmoore when you've said that you play on European realms? Okay.

We get that you think CRZ ruined the game and that it is now completely unplayable.

If you're just going to repeat the same hyperbolic nonsense, you're better off posting on the official forums.

kurohana

The only "pvp" I ever had while going 25-85 to help my friend level, was level 90s oneshotting me and one frost mage realizing he couldn't kill me and running away. 99% of the time they'll be from darkspear as well. This doesn't happen on my server since we have a very low population of alliance. I'm fine with actual pvp, but all cross-realm zones have introduced to me so far are people with nothing better to do at 90.

Westlo

I'm kinda curious about which is supposed to be better for DPS, especially since Dragon Roar is new - haven't seen it in action yet.

Dragon's Roar is quite fun man, though I switched to using Shockwave on my Arms warrior any way since it's up every 20 seconds. Stormbolt looks good for 90s though Avatar + Crit Banner Macro is going to be sexy in battlegrounds

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
What is funny is that you seem to drop into the WoW threads here on GAF every week to post these exact same complaints. You're complaining about Proudmoore when you've said that you play on European realms? Okay.

We get that you think CRZ ruined the game and that it is now completely unplayable.

If you're just going to repeat the same hyperbolic nonsense, you're better off posting on the official forums.

CRZ aren't even active in Pandaria and 99.99 percent of people are just playing there right now.

Jrmint

All the CRZ bitching really does crack me up.

Sorry this isn't Skyrim and there will be other people there doing quests. Sorry to inconvenience you with multiplayer in an mmo.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So, what is on that island north of Townlong Steppes? I tried to fly there and all i met is a very thick cloud, an invisible wall and death.

Fjordson

I appreciate certain specific issues some servers are having with CRZ, but it's been a blast in my experience so far. The first few days were overkill, but it's balanced out at this point. Seeing people almost anywhere in the world makes it feel much more alive, and world PvP coming back to classic spots like Southshore or STV is great.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
So, what is on that island north of Townlong Steppes? I tried to fly there and all i met is a very thick cloud, an invisible wall and death.
That invisible wall, just like any other invisible wall, can be bypassed. It was possible before the recent hotfix to use Puntable Marmot and a certain trick to get there, now I don't think that method works. I haven't tried getting there for a while and I haven't read many discussions on it, but as far as I know regarding its content, it's definitely troll related. There's an instance portal there I think.

If you wanna have some inspiration for attempts getting in there, check out VoTuUS or The Wizard Trokair on YouTube. They're on that place where you own cores as well.

Also, today I crafted two epic cloth items (Robes of Creation and Spelltwister's Grand Robe). Robes of Creation I gave to a guild member in a guild roll and the other I sold for 3400 gold. Someone had put it on the auction house for 38000 gold. Stupid price I thought, so I set the base bid on 3K and sold it via the trade chat.

Sciz

Far sighted my way in a few days ago. There's some Mogu architecture, most notably a palace (that A, looks like it'll have an instance portal in the future, and B, doesn't have a backside yet), and also a troll ship and a couple other troll-ish bits. The rest of the assets are lifted from Krasarang.

Berordn

Far sighted my way in a few days ago. There's some Mogu architecture, most notably a palace (that A, looks like it'll have an instance portal in the future, and B, doesn't have a backside yet), and also a troll ship and a couple other troll-ish bits. The rest of the assets are lifted from Krasarang.

The palace is probably a placeholder, since it's identical to Mogu'shan Palace in Vale, which would at least explain why it has no backside.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ah, i guess its there for some future patch then, maybe something to do with the troll invasion in Kunlai Summit.

To be honest I don't know why you keep playing this game if Cross-Realm Zones is ruining your life. You're better off quitting at this point.

As you said your entire guild has fallen apart because it's being harrassed. Why keep playing?

Trickster

Visually, Scholo and the two SMs are nothing like they used to be. Similar 'style' but you can immediately tell that all the art is new.

Scholo has boring bosses? what? I love those bosses. Jandice is an AWESOME concept and is genuinely rough to do 'correctly'. Rattlegore is interesting, and Gandling is as cool as he always was except without the 6 rooms of garbage before him. Oh, the first boss is cool too just way undertuned of course.

Scarlet Halls has dog food trash, which is awesome aside from when it bugs out, Harlan is probably the least-pug friendly heroic boss in the expansion, and the last guy is neat, try not blocking book burner sometime and see how much more fun it is ;)

Cathedral..that one is mostly unchanged. The monk boss is a lot of fun, but the first one is kind of a snooze and the last boss is way too similar to how it used to be. Also this zone on challenge mode SUCKS BALLS. Tuned too tightly compared to most of the rest imo.

http://youtu.be/v3RBUKElCzg from the stream yesterday now up, good times. I know I'm plastering stuff all over but I can't help it CMs are exciting to me.

visually the remade instances are pretty much exactly what they used to be. Only things that have changed are mobs, bosses and layout. Maybe you played vanilla with a shitty monitor, low settings and low resolution?

Scholo has boring bosses. rattlegore is tank and spank where you might have to go and click on an item on the ground, that's it. Jandice would probably be a good encounter if heroics were remotely close to being difficult. But as it stand, her cloning phase is just boring due to the low dps being dealth by the clones, removes any tension the phase might've had. Gandling is pretty much a faceroll version of the original, nothing about that fight is new or interesting.

Scarlet halls has gimmick dog food mechanics. There's no point to it since you can aoe the dogs in like 10 seconds, yeah you might save a few seconds, but it feels pointless to me when the group might just as well kill the pack that posses zero threat. Harlan is actually a good fight one or two times, until it becomes obvious that it's hilariously easy to avoid the whirlwind. It's nothing more than run up to the ledge, when he's out of the pit area, jump down and stand in safe spot.

Cathedral is very forgetabble. I did it a few days ago, and I honestly can't remember what the 2 first bosses did, only that they were very easy even though I didn't know what they did. The whitemane fight is pretty much unchanged from the original version from what I remember, it's still kill some guy, she comes out, kill both of them.

The main problem is probably that all the heroics are piss easy however, none of the heroics are very fun due to them being faceroll. The remade instances are just worse because much of the assests used is ancient

Sophia

Can't say I like Scholo or the new SMs myself, and I'm not even talking about the easyness. They're boring, poorly designed, full of trash mobs, ancient art, and small enclosed spaces which cause camera issues.

TheYanger

Except they aren't. They're not reused at all, you clearly didn't run SM a lot in the past if you think that. I wish I had plenty of old screens to prove it, but it looks significantly different. As different as say, Halo Anniversary vs Halo 1. Same thing, but very reimagined. Also the layouts are quite different.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Except they aren't. They're not reused at all, you clearly didn't run SM a lot in the past if you think that. I wish I had plenty of old screens to prove it, but it looks significantly different. As different as say, Halo Anniversary vs Halo 1. Same thing, but very reimagined. Also the layouts are quite different.

Meh, maybe they are to him. You may find them enjoyable/different/unique/etc, but he might not...

Rokam

The island north of Townlong is, assuming Blizzard doesn't change the established lore, Zandalar, home of the Zandalari. Will probably see something related to it since the next book is about Vol'Jin and he's made it his goal to stop the formation of the new troll empire..

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm not talking about subjective matters here. I'm saying that they didn't just plop new bosses into the old zones.

Oh, fair enough. I haven't had a chance to go through the new ones, but I DID just do all the old ones last week. That being said, I'll make my own judgement when I get there. :)

Sophia

I'm not talking about subjective matters here. I'm saying that they didn't just plop new bosses into the old zones.

You're right, they plopped partially new bosses in partially new zones. =p

Also is it just me, or is the achievement design awful this time around? Half the achievements are always some obscure mechanic that you'd never notice (like a switch in the corner of the room or a crystal on the side) instead of something related to doing the boss battle well.

Berordn

Also is it just me, or is the achievement design awful this time around? Half the achievements are always some obscure mechanic that you'd never notice (like a switch in the corner of the room or a crystal on the side) instead of something related to doing the boss battle well.

"Awful" is a bit subjective. I kind of like that the achievements are more about obscure stuff, it makes the discovery and execution more fun. We'll be doing the heroics forever anyway, getting in and out quickly is already the reward for doing them well.

Top Bottom