• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Sophia

"Awful" is a bit subjective. I kind of like that the achievements are more about obscure stuff, it makes the discovery and execution more fun. We'll be doing the heroics forever anyway, getting in and out quickly is already the reward for doing them well.

Seems to me like a lot of them are just a bad excuse for not adding new mechanics to the fight proper. At least some of the achievs are hard. >_>;

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm fairly certain every class can solo Kael in TK now, given that you can just get him to Phase 5 before he even has the chance to use his Mind Control once.

So many friends quite after CRZ it's not even funny.

The guild was in shambles. My raiding guild also is changing games.

When people saw the "Proudmoore" tag they would instantly harras them for being gay. >.> Which is just wrong. One I believe people should be nice to each other, two I believe people shouldn't go out of there way to make life hell for others, and three not everyone on Proudmoore is gay.

They'd do things like flag up for PVP and stack on the portals so we couldn't summon without accidently getting flagged for PVP. The raiding guild got so annoyed that half of the main team already left to Rift (which am not a fan of).

Then we have alliance going around one shotting all quests mobs needed when they see a proudmoore player just to be a bigot. These players won't flag up, so your guild can't help you. You are forced to log out and do something else, until they find a new target to harass.

>.>

This expansion has been a nightmare.

Hard >< waiting for quest giver/mob respawns. Clicking tab and 1 is not hard. Frustrating but not hard.
lol @ this post given there's no CRZ in Pandaria

TheYanger

I didn't find the achievements particularly different than any other time. Some are related to performing well, some are related to random silly things. The gems aren't super hard to notice, they have names that pop up when they spawn and they start spawning early. Some aren't as descriptive as they should be, I'd say (For instance, the barrel one you have to KILL the boss with a barrel, which is not what it says), and for Mosh Pit you have to have 8 simultaneously alive, which isn't what it says. Those kinds of things bug me, but I found them overall to be pretty easy this expansion.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Far sighted my way in a few days ago. There's some Mogu architecture, most notably a palace (that A, looks like it'll have an instance portal in the future, and B, doesn't have a backside yet), and also a troll ship and a couple other troll-ish bits. The rest of the assets are lifted from Krasarang.

It's Zandalari Isle.

It's in a slightly different place, but you could see it on the original sketch of where Pandaria zones were going to be:

PandariaMap.jpg

Actually there is. You can manually invite people in Pandaria to your server. There's just no automatic grouping.

That isn't what he was talking about at all and the percentage of people in zones being cross-realm invited to them is minuscule compared to the number of people in automatically grouped zones.

Angry Grimace

Yeeha for Elder Charms of Good Fortune!

http://www.wowhead.com/item=90425

I'm getting really even numbers for rep gain -- almost as if guild and human racial perks aren't getting added -- anyone else seeing this?

Slayerx

Question about Scroll of Resurrection. Do I need to transfer to the friend's realm? Or can I choose any realm I want?
Transfer is to the realm of the character who sent the scroll. You will also get a free faction change if he is on different faction. Whether someone can make a level 1 char on the realm of your choosing and send scroll to you I am not sure.

TomServo

Whelp, my two weeks of playing pretty hardcore are over. Got my blood DK to 90, got him pretty well geared out with only two slots below 463, and made over 50K on the auction house with little to no effort.

Going to play the rest of this expansion pretty casually. Take faction dailes one or two sets at a time, and just do LFR as content patches roll out. Haven't touched pet battles or challenge modes yet. Tons of content in this expansion, I don't see myself leveling any of my three alts - sorry warlock, priest, and rogue but I think you're retired.

The AH was pretty interesting to me. It was fun chasing in-demand items. First ore, then uncut rare gems, now golden lotus (bought with SoH). I've played off and on since Vanilla's launch, and never bothered too much with the AH. Having the mobile options made it enjoyable this time around.

That said, I think things are calming down on Zul'jin's economy. Ore prices have tanked, gem prices have mostly tanked, and the only things that seem to be going for high prices now are made from living steel.

Westlo

Living steel isn't really even worth it right now, primal diamond transmutes makes more money and has no cooldown.

Wind wool cloth should rise in price with the hot fix to their drop rate, grabbed about 150 stacks at 12-14g.

Bought 90 stacks of ghost iron @ 90ish, won't get that cheap for a while again due to the hot fix. Prospecting it easily makes your money back and more.

Rare gem transmutes are so dumb right now, pointless when you can buy the rate gem already much cheaper than golden lotus.

Need more meta pat drops! Got only two though the int plus crit one is going to serve me well. Are these all random drops across pandaria?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Grats to Ashes :)

TomServo

Yeah, the meta pattern drops are random. After leveling to 90 and doing 30-40 heroics I've got quite a few and have stopped seeing them. When I do see them in dungeons they're for another JC ("already known" to me).

I'm guessing that the orange and green uncut rare gems are used for diamond transmutes? Those seem to be the only gems with price support over 40g on Zul'jin.

Not buying ore myself. I take a few extra minutes during my dailes and fly myself around Pandaria, stopping to mine. Usually gets me six toneight stacks during my Tillers and Order of the Cloud Serpent dailies. Sometimes some trillium, which is still god for about 200g a bar.

What are all your Jewelcrafters doing with your green con gems, like the Pandarian Garnet? No one wants the gems you can cut from them, and the rings/necklaces you can make use up so much Serpents Eye.

Ive got around 60 now of all of these stupid things. Is there a MoP version of the Cata Fire Prism I dont know about or something?

Cipherr

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Finally got Galleon!

edit: And Elder Charm of Bullshit keeps disappointing. Fuck this piece of shit game. 5 Coins and not a single loot from either.

Less talk about 'con' and more talk about what the fuck im gonna do with all these shitty gems! :'(

Stupid gems are stupid!

I honestly don't know. Enchanting mats are worth shit, so even making jewelry to DE isn't a very profitable solution. You can cut them hoping for a perfect gem, which is equivalent to the regular blue ones, but then you end up with a pile of useless cut green gems that are pretty much only worth what they are to a vendor.

They really need to fix the cost to transmute green gems to blue. When that's normalized (if it ever is), then I can start up my JC racket again.

I honestly don't know. Enchanting mats are worth shit, so even making jewelry to DE isn't a very profitable solution. You can cut them hoping for a perfect gem, which is equivalent to the regular blue ones, but then you end up with a pile of useless cut green gems that are pretty much only worth what they are to a vendor.

They really need to fix the cost to transmute green gems to blue. When that's normalized (if it ever is), then I can start up my JC racket again.

Forgot about perfect gems, maybe I will just do that, its better than nothing, I just want a new 'Fire Prism' and im good.

TomServo

What are all your Jewelcrafters doing with your green con gems, like the Pandarian Garnet? No one wants the gems you can cut from them, and the rings/necklaces you can make use up so much Serpents Eye.

I cut them all to the type of gems I use on my personal character. Keep the perfect cuts, vendor the rest. Save the rare uncut gems for the AH.

Kaper

I'm finding tailoring and engineering to be my best money making professions this expansion. One stack of cloth turns into 1 green, and that cloth has been lower than 10g a stack at high traffic times of the day. Making Tinker's Gears is also just like printing money. They move slower, but turning 4 Ghost Iron Ore into 250-300g is just rediculous. The only items worth transmuting are meta gems and Ghost Iron -> Trillium -> Living Steel. Lotus cost way too much to make transmuting rare gems viable.

TheYanger

Watch Method's kill of feng the accursed. One of their tanks is a monk. The monk is number 1 in dps, with like 20k more dps and second highest. It's pretty ridiculous.

To be fair, Feng has specific mechanics that inflate tank dps. Tanks are absolutely beatable, and will scale more slowly with gear than dps (since tanks barely scale with gear at all, but instead with mob damage).

Trickster

To be fair, Feng has specific mechanics that inflate tank dps. Tanks are absolutely beatable, and will scale more slowly with gear than dps (since tanks barely scale with gear at all, but instead with mob damage).

I see, that explains it. But why doesnt the other tank also top the dps meters then?

Sethos

Banned
62 Kills for Drake of the North Wind and still nothing. I'm guessing I'll hit 300+ before I see it :p

Oh and anyone know what's the 'prime' tank, still "Per situation" or is some class better overall currently?

Yoshichan

It's actually insane that it's been two weeks now and Blizzard still hasn't fixed the achievement for completing all scenarios on a Saturday.

Westlo

You can sell the uncut green gems to Alchemists. They can be used to transmute into the blue quality ones.

Nope, at this moment not worth it period, definitely not at all like the Inferno Ruby transmutes of Cata.

Primordial Ruby atm is 170g
Golden Lotus is 211g

I'm just holding my stock of greens for the moment, the vendor price isn't going to change and if enchant mats go up as they should it's probably worth making green rings and selling the blue procs while DEing the greens.

Trickster

It's actually insane that it's been two weeks now and Blizzard still hasn't fixed the achievement for completing all scenarios on a Saturday.

It took the diablo 3 team weeks to finally give me my blacksmith achievements. Probably isn't too high on their to do list atm.

Yoshichan

It took the diablo 3 team weeks to finally give me my blacksmith achievements. Probably isn't too high on their to do list atm.
I still don't have my lvl 60 barbarian achievement.

Yeah.

Fuck that game.

Top Bottom