• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Entropia

No One Remembers
That makes me feel much better, thank you ♥

edit: This made me think... the two statues that are in the login screen, are they statues of the same two final dudes in Mogu'shan Vaults?

Maybe? They're the statues in the vale of eternal blossom ;P

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Maybe? They're the statues in the vale of eternal blossom ;P
I know that, silly! I was wondering if they're supposed to represent the final boss in the raid XD

Berordn

I should probably use this time that I have in the game by myself to level my alts in relative peace.

...nah, more pet battles.

B-Dex

I should probably use this time that I have in the game by myself to level my alts in relative peace.

...nah, more pet battles.

Don't get me started with the pet battles. I tried it once and I can't stop now. It's like they added an entire pokemon game into wow.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This is actually getting frustrating.

TheYanger

I see, that explains it. But why doesnt the other tank also top the dps meters then?

One tank gets a crystal that gives him basically a channelled bubble that reduces damage to everyone, the other gets a button to 'steal' boss abilities. The second one gets to do basically +100,000 dps, the first one gets to hit his button and save people. That's why :)

scoobs

62 Kills for Drake of the North Wind and still nothing. I'm guessing I'll hit 300+ before I see it :p

Oh and anyone know what's the 'prime' tank, still "Per situation" or is some class better overall currently?

I'm 130 kills in myself, good luck bro

Yoshichan

We are currently experiencing an issue after the performed rolling restarts that is affecting the authentication servers. We are currently investigating this issue and will provide further updates within an hour.
ffs

Yoshichan

B-Dex

So I was catching up on some lore.

Who do you think will become warchief after Garrosh? I really couldn't think of anyone. Would it have to be an orc?

notworksafe

My plan was just to play casually...but now I'm getting super sucked in AGAIN. This damn game...

Of course I wonder what will happen when I hit 85. Hopefully I'm not still as hyped lol

Who do you think will become warchief after Garrosh? I really couldn't think of anyone. Would it have to be an orc?
Sylvanas! And then Horde starts keeping it real and showing the Alliance what is up.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Doesn't have to be an Orc at all.

A couple of theories:
1) A Counsel of leaders for the Horde - Sylvanas, Vol'jin and Bane.
2) Vol'Jin

notworksafe

If the next expansion has some super big baddie that will require the Horde and Alliance to team up, I can see Baine taking the helm of the Horde. He's big on forgiveness and cooperation.

EDIT: Vol'jin would be a good leader for a story like that too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You know, i thought this expansion would have more of Horde vs Alliance, but other than some quests in Jade Forest, there's nothing of this.

B-Dex

I would love if Vol'jin took over. (Troll Shaman 4 life yo) I was elated when they redid the starting area for trolls.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Re: Sylvanas - I really don't think they're going to take the leader of the Horde from a colossal asshole to an even more colossal asshole. The Horde is practically just evil at this point; there isn't even a real "misunderstood" or "the other side is evil too" argument to be made anymore.

Maybe the Elder Saurfang since he hasn't really done anything since WLK?

Rokam

If the next expansion has some super big baddie that will require the Horde and Alliance to team up, I can see Baine taking the helm of the Horde. He's big on forgiveness and cooperation.

EDIT: Vol'jin would be a good leader for a story like that too.

Yeah Vol'Jin already showed he's more than willing to work with the Alliance to take down a common enemy. Hell he even went to them for help in the 4.2 patch.

You know, i thought this expansion would have more of Horde vs Alliance, but other than some quests in Jade Forest, there's nothing of this.

Supposedly that's what 5.1 is for, we were just the first landing party, turns out we don't really give a shit about the war.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Ha, yeah. The rest of it it was like "Hey! A panda that belongs to this faction... oh hey some insect creatures" :(

5.1 will supposedly expanding on this much more as it plays into the legendary storyline.

Personally, I want Vol'jin to be the new Warchief. He has stated his disdain for Garrosh. In fact, I want Vol'jin to give Garrosh the final knife in the back (we all know this won't happen though)

Tamanon

Banned

That's apparently really starting in 5.1. They wanted us to experience the new land first before full-on war.

notworksafe

Re: Sylvanas - I really don't think they're going to take the leader of the Horde from a colossal asshole to an even more colossal asshole. The Horde is practically just evil at this point; there isn't even a real "misunderstood" or "the other side is evil too" argument to be made anymore.

Yeah, no chance of it happening. I'd just love for the Horde to become the "Fuck you, kill everything" faction like old school WC2.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Still, even if its going to be more Alliance vs Horde war in 5.1, the zones and original quests themselves are still going to be "help the citizens of Pandaria with their little problems. Oh and some Sha bad guys too".

B-Dex

Still, even if its going to be more Alliance vs Horde war in 5.1, the zones and original quests themselves are still going to be "help the citizens of Pandaria with their little problems. Oh and some Sha bad guys too".

At this point in the story though both factions are trying to sway the Pandas to their side. If they lashed out and just destroyed everything then the Pandas would just side with the other faction.

The rivalry is there. Like at the temple of the white tiger for example.
No fighting really happens but the dialogue puts in right in your face.

There will probably be phasing involved. So when you haven't finished leveling/completed the initial quests, you're essentially in the past. Same as anyone who levels later into an expansion.

I don't see a problem with this.

Rokam

Spoiler question regarding Jade Forest horde side
what happened to the awesome Hozen dude, did he not survive the battle at Serpent's Heart?

Yoshichan

So tired of this. Probably heading to bed now :/

Clipse

Decided to take a nap while the log-in screen was stuck at 'connecting'. Open my eyes like 10-15 minutes later and see my character on-screen. Slowly get up and start walking towards my computer to press enter and just as I'm about to press it, I get the auto-disconnect for being on the character select for too long.

Well.. fuck you too, Blizz.

So, I got MOP last Tuesday and I've been playing the shit out of it. I think it might be my favorite expansion as far as questing goes. It reminds me a lot of WOTLK questing, but with all the phasing and cutscenes of Cataclysm. Also, it feels like they learned something form KOTOR with all the voice acting and companions.

Want to have a good laugh? Go queue up for a random dungeon on a lowbie and watch bad pandas try to tank and heal.

Want to cry? Queue up for Corren Direbrew and watch a healer try to heal it in DPS spec because he thinks it's going to be easy and wipe.

Yoshichan

You know what? Screw Blizzard.

Good night.

Top Bottom