• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Fjordson

Damn I'm almost 88 and I'm still in valley of the four winds.
Haha, I was in Jade Forest until I was like 75% through 87 before I moved on to Valley of the Four Winds. I just love the quests so much, haven't wanted to skip any. Definitely taking my time leveling.

Also managed to do my first three dungeons last night: Stormstout Brewery, Temple of the Jade Serpent, and Shado-Pan Monastery. All were really fun. Some interesting mechanics and lots of scripted story stuff which I dig.

Sophia

So, just realized one thing I hate about world bosses, especially this early in the expansion - the top, bleeding edge guild will have a raid group out there and it tagged within a minute of it spawning .

I've seen a lot of pugs on Cenarion Circle take the Sha of Anger down. Also my guild has basically invited anyone who asks to help with it.

Tarazet

Honored with Golden Lotus, crafted my bear's chestpiece. Looks like balls against the red PvP shoulders. Also, I'm completely out of Spirits of Harmony, and I don't have enough rep with the Tillers yet to plant motes, smh.

What's a good way to farm Motes of Harmony out in the world?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Honored with Golden Lotus, crafted my bear's chestpiece. Looks like balls against the red PvP shoulders. Also, I'm completely out of Spirits of Harmony, and I don't have enough rep with the Tillers yet to plant motes, smh.

What's a good way to farm Motes of Harmony out in the world?

Kill stuff, they drop off everything I believe.

Rokam

Transmog complete... aka got all the pvp gear and made all my pve gear look like it. So badass.
XW4O4.jpg

Rokam

You can't loot most of the swarm-type mobs though. Wondering if there's generally a good place for aoe farming.

Well I'm not sure how well druids do at aoe farming, but there are packs with 6 warriors and one bigger bug can't remember name, I farm those drop rate seemed pretty decent.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So, just realized one thing I hate about world bosses, especially this early in the expansion - the top, bleeding edge guild will have a raid group out there and it tagged within a minute of it spawning .

Big, overpopulated servers are awesome until there's competition for anything.

Tarazet

Well I'm not sure how well druids do at aoe farming, but there are packs with 6 warriors and one bigger bug can't remember name, I farm those drop rate seemed pretty decent.

I can Moonfire spam pull and then go into Fuck You I'm a Bear mode to finish them off. Druids AoE farm with the best of them. The more I pull, the faster they (or I) die.

Robin64

Bored of the Tillers dailies now, so this final push to Exalted is going to drag. Could have done with one more area to quest in, aside from the Hozen bit and the Vermin bit.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I would guess no because i've gotten a smattering of literally everything over the course of 20+ rare kills. Looking at the loot tables, I am aware that some of them share items too.
I've gotten gear not for my class(and that would make sense not to always have a guaranteed drop you could use), but plate strength always seems to be tank for me. I quest in blood.

Whooter

Pretty much every rare I've killed has dropped plate for me. I'm a mage.

I've gotten gear not for my class(and that would make sense not to always have a guaranteed drop you could use), but plate strength always seems to be tank for me. I quest in blood.

I would guess no because i've gotten a smattering of literally everything over the course of 20+ rare kills. Looking at the loot tables, I am aware that some of them share items too.

I've killed several while in a group with my wife. Plate and Shaman Mail. I'm a hunter, she's a priest. Why is this stuff BOP? :p

Thoraxes

Maybe it's just the loot tables I guess.

Ever since finishing the achievement, i've stopped killing most rares unless a quick wowhead search shows either a good piece of gear, a BoE, or a cool vanity/utility item.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Got 3 achievements left on the meta. The last 2 look pretty easy but Cleaning Up seems like it will be next to impossible. I predict that one being un-earned until our group is in full epics.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Damn, talk about being in a bad mood yesterday.

Sorry about that guys.

Robin64

Don't do what I did and work out how much you've spent on WoW...
Subbed every month since launch + all the expansions + all pet/mounts from store + various character moves/race changes etc = WHAT!?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Don't do what I did and work out how much you've spent on WoW...
Subbed every month since launch + all the expansions + all pet/mounts from store + various character moves/race changes etc = WHAT!?
No regrets!

Robin64

Prices of everything are taking such a dive on my server. Pandaria mats are now basically the cheapest mats on our AH. Screw that, I'm not selling my Golden Lotus for less 200g each. Eff the market.

TomServo

Prices of everything are taking such a dive on my server. Pandaria mats are now basically the cheapest mats on our AH. Screw that, I'm not selling my Golden Lotus for less 200g each. Eff the market.

I don't know what the hot fix to node spawns did. Ghost iron is still everywhere. Picked up eight stacks doing Tillers and Cloud Serpent dailies this morning, without really trying.

Of course, anything I get from them is now pretty much worthless. Only the orange rate gems bring more than 100g on the AH.

Yoshichan

The market will always go up and down, and then eventually go down permanently! There's nothing wrong or new with this :3!

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Hey look, yet another day without the Serpent Race daily!

I don't even give a fuck anymore, it's probably bugged :lol

I really lost a lot of the drive to chain run Heroics this weekend (and this is coming from someone who loves doing Heroics the first few weeks of Cataclysm). I was Valor capped by Friday and had the necessary iLvl for LFR so I just could not get motivated. I think I am just experiencing some minor burn out from playing a ton the first two weeks so I might take it easier this week. It does not help that my guild only has about four 90s so far so we cannot even do guild runs on the content.

I should be hitting Revered with the Klaxxi today too which means I can put them on the back burner until the reputation changes go in. It will be relaxing to only have to worry about Golden Lotus for a while until I unlock the other two factions.

I think the get-rich-quickly window has closed.

I got this expansion on day 7. I got Cata on day one.

Without even realizing, 5 hours in on Cata I was level 81 and farming ores in Uldum. I got to 81 by gathering only (except a dungeon and the starting quests on Hyjal). I was selling stacks of ores, bars, and herbs by as much as 1k on day one. One green gem sold for 1k. Blue gems were going for 700, 800, 900, and sold in 5 minutes. I did 50k investing quite a bit in the AH house in 3, 4 days. I couldn't imagine how much I would've done if I had been 100% playing for gold. Now in Mop, starting one week after release I've made 5k in 3 days, and it's still quite a bit for my standard, and I'm definitely playing the AH game this time around. Prices are high but seriously, the first day is insane. if I had all the profession I have now maxed out, I would've made tons and tons of gold.

It's pretty fun to get gold on an expansion release x)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Planning my adventure to 90 from 80. I have 3 pieces of guild heirloom gear (so that's 25% bonus XP). I also have my two Monk bonuses (which equates to 3 hours).

Hyjal -> Deepholm -> Uldum -> Twilight Highlands

That's the route I've been told will most benefit my leveling. Anyone have a feel on that and how long I should be spending in each zone? I'll be running a lot of dungeons as well (Brewmaster).

As for MoP stuff, I'm clueless...Yes, I know I should "enjoy" the expansion, but I'll spend time marveling at things after I've started raiding. I just want to get in deep and start the fun. I've heard dungeons are NOT the way to go in MoP. What IS the way to go? Questing? And if so, what zones have you all been following to get through the expansion in a relatively efficient manner?

Planning my adventure to 90 from 80. I have 3 pieces of guild heirloom gear (so that's 25% bonus XP). I also have my two Monk bonuses (which equates to 3 hours).

Hyjal -> Deepholm -> Uldum -> Twilight Highlands

That's the route I've been told will most benefit my leveling. Anyone have a feel on that and how long I should be spending in each zone? I'll be running a lot of dungeons as well (Brewmaster).

As for MoP stuff, I'm clueless...Yes, I know I should "enjoy" the expansion, but I'll spend time marveling at things after I've started raiding. I just want to get in deep and start the fun. I've heard dungeons are NOT the way to go in MoP. What IS the way to go? Questing? And if so, what zones have you all been following to get through the expansion in a relatively efficient manner?

If you have all that it will probably only take you Hyjal and Deepholm to hit 85. My Mage I leveled recently only needed those two and 20 quests in twilight highlands, he also didn't have the monk buff either.

Yoshichan

I'm so lucky with gear today :D So happy!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If you have all that it will probably only take you Hyjal and Deepholm to hit 85. My Mage I leveled recently only needed those two and 20 quests in twilight highlands, he also didn't have the monk buff either.

Awesome. That's VERY reassuring. I don't remember how long it took my Mage in Cata, but I know it was more than a day. ;) This should make tonight/tomorrow good nights.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I really should keep farming herbs to sell Darkmoon cards, since I've already made over 10k from doing so, but now that I finished my own deck I just don't have near the motivation.

Revoh

druid is the only class ingame that can fill all 4 roles (melee dps, ranged dps, healer, tank) so would be a good idea to start with them and see what you like*, hell you might even like the druid itself**

*that's kinda only if you really have no idea what to play, the druid gives you a preview of all the possible roles, if you have something specific in mind start from there
**unless you like looking at your character instead of a animal, personally I hate the shapeshifting aspect of the druid and would never roll one for that reason

Sorry to respond this after 3 days, I chose a Tauren Druid.
I'm level 20 now, I've played like 8 hours and I'm still super lost haha, I'm getting there though.. reading a begginer's guide at work :p

Everything for $59.99? Go for it. That's a really good deal for new players.

I'm buying it today, I guess it also includes 1 month of service or do I have to pay 15 extra dollars?

Yoshichan

Elegon...

what..... the..... fuck..........................

TheYanger

Elegon...

He's much easier than he first appears, you can do it!

I enjoy all of the bosses in this first zone quite a bit except possibly Garajal (which is more because he's easy as piss than because his mechanics are boring).

Yoshichan

He's much easier than he first appears, you can do it!
I can do it, but I can't say the same thing about the rest of the WoW-population... enrage at 30%... all the time...

TheYanger

I can do it, but I can't say the same thing about the rest of the WoW-population... enrage at 30%... all the time...

The two relevant questions are: How many adds are you killing in each P1, and how many sets of sparks in each P2? We had the same wipe percent basically the first time we did the entire fight, but the way you gain time is those two things basically.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I am excited for LFR and wasting all my elder charms on fruitless bonus rolls!

Ultratech

Hey look, yet another day without the Serpent Race daily!

I don't even give a fuck anymore, it's probably bugged :lol

Yeah, I'm starting to think the dailies are bugged in some way. Feels like I'm getting fewer quests than before from the Cloud Serpents.

Also had some fun with Mind Control in Dread Wastes to take out a Rare last night. Unfortunately, my first attempt ended with the guy slaughtering me (hit me for about half my health 2-3 times). Didn't help that the guy has a entourage of mobs with him. Then on the 2nd attempt, I MC'd one of his buddies and went from there. Dropped a nice goody bag that had some money, 10 Black Trillium Ore and a Golden Lotus!

Then I hopped on my 85 DK to start leveling him a little bit, and put myself in the LFR queue just to see if I'd get anywhere while I started on the Jade Forest. Almost had a full group for DS, lol. But they never found healers, so nothing happened.

Enosh

I am excited for LFR and wasting all my elder charms on fruitless bonus rolls!
I'm not
I have no idea how something like the first 2 bosses will work in LFR without any voice coordination, plus griefers will have the time of their life on the first one by just taunting the dogs all over the place
or hell even the third boss with all dps standing in the totem thingy instead of a healer

didn't get further so far ^^

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Elegon...

Bit silly question here maybe, but were you and the others in the raid group hit and expertise capped at first? I've seen a bunch of people with ratings below the cap that still have managed to get down most bosses.

I'm working on getting my guild (we aren't exactly casual but we haven't raided much since WotLK) ready for Mogu'Shan Vaults. It's going pretty smoothly and we should be ready this Friday. LFR opens this week also, right?

ampere

We did a few Elegon attempts this week, but we decided to take a break and go at him hard next week. He hits so hard! And his breath... ouch.

Top Bottom