• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Robin64

That sounds like an awesome feature.

So in theory I could go farm out MC to get the Might set for my warrior and transmog it with stats from equipment that I'm currently utilizing?

Yep! And that's a popular thing to do with this feature. A lot of people loved how the gear looked back then and are never happy with new stuff.. :D

Rokal

Did they change void storage yet? I remember them charging 100g to put shit in every time.

Is it still useless?

I think it's 25g per item now, which is slightly more than you make from one of the millions of daily quests you'll do.

The cost isn't, and has never been, prohibitive.

Pretty sure feasts give you 300 if you mastered a way. The 275 feast that is.

Banquets only grant 250 in your primary stat (except Oven).
Specific banquets give +25 additional bonus in a preselected primary stat (e.g. wok -> 275 agility to rogues/hunters, but only 250 strength to warriors/death knights) regardless of current skill/mastery.
Pandaren banquets give a flat +275 bonus to your spec's primary stat.
Individual meals learned at specific masteries give 300 bonuses to specific stats. Sea Mist Rice Noodles = +300 agility.

It's bullshit how bad banquets are. :(

Rokam

Banquets only grant 250 in your primary stat (except Oven).
Specific banquets give +25 additional bonus in a preselected primary stat (e.g. wok -> 275 agility to rogues/hunters, but only 250 strength to warriors/death knights) regardless of current skill/mastery.
Pandaren banquets give a flat +275 bonus to your spec's primary stat.
Individual meals learned at specific masteries give 300 bonuses to specific stats. Sea Mist Rice Noodles = +300 agility.

It's bullshit how bad banquets are. :(

Wow, yeah that is horseshit, at the very least should give you 300 if you get Master of the Ways. Stupid Blizzard.

Berordn

Wow, yeah that is horseshit, at the very least should give you 300 if you get Master of the Ways. Stupid Blizzard.

But if they don't, then it undervalues the other cooking mats and we're back in the position we were in for Cata where only three of the foods are worth anything and everyone just waits for one guy to bring all the feasts. +275 in a primary stat for free still isn't anything to scoff at, and if you feel the need to go get the extra bump, your +300 food is out there.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Pretty sure feasts give you 300 if you mastered a way. The 275 feast that is.

Yeah, there was a huge shitstorm on twitter the other day over Time investment vs. return on the way that feasts/food are.

Personally, they cost way too much for what they give. One need a buff, or the other needs a nerf.

Sarcasm

I have some questions:

What rep do I want as a feral druid?

Should I go bear spec when in wastes/veil so I get gear for it or since being a druid feral cat and bear share the same gear?

But if they don't, then it undervalues the other cooking mats and we're back in the position we were in for Cata where only three of the foods are worth anything and everyone just waits for one guy to bring all the feasts. +275 in a primary stat for free still isn't anything to scoff at, and if you feel the need to go get the extra bump, your +300 food is out there.

Guild cauldrons did not devalue individual flasks. No reason that ironpaw token redemptions alone can't keep cooking materials good and valuable throughout the life of this expansion.

What's really being devalued here are the historical cost benefits of making feasts for your guild. It shouldn't cost a 10 man guild more per raider to prepare banquets than a 25 man guild.

Berordn

Guild cauldrons did not devalue individual flasks. No reason that ironpaw token redemptions alone can't keep cooking materials good and valuable throughout the life of this expansion.

It didn't? I can't remember ever buying a flask in Cata once we got our supply of cauldrons and by DS they were going for as little as 50 gold for one.

What's really being devalued here are the historical cost benefits of making feasts for your guild. It shouldn't cost a 10 man guild more per raider to prepare banquets than a 25 man guild.

Completely agree.

It didn't? I can't remember ever buying a flask in Cata once we got our supply of cauldrons and by DS they were going for as little as 50 gold for one.

It was quite often the case that our guild would have hybrids respec during progression attempts or between encounters that changed the number of tanks required. In this case we would just hand the players individual flasks if it was fewer than the amount required to cook up a new pot. Individual flasks seldom lost their utility for raiders.

Maybe individual flasks got cheaper at the AH but they were worlds apart from the throwaway worthlessness of most cataclysm meat and fish.

Rokam

They really need to do a second pass on professions as a whole:

-The reliance on Living Steel this expansion is just absurd, even belt buckles require it.
-Make Kryparite and Trillium bars more useful, as it stands just a few patterns use Kryparite, and Trillium is just used by alchemists/engineers and one set of BS patterns.

Archaeology
-Good direction, but needs some tuning.
-The Achievement for getting all the pristine artifacts needs some sort of reward, because it takes an absurdly long time to get. All to make the Seat of Knowledge look better, which once you finish the achievement you have no reason to go back to.
-Make the crates not unique (same goes for grocery baskets). This is just a quality of life change that needs to happen.
-Should have made the various achievements where you have to collect certain items, play out a story. Not just exploration achievements.
-My favorite thing about archaeology is the rare chance to spawn a mob, should add rarer mobs that can spawn that drop keystones or a Sha non-combat pet!
-Add Mantid digsites... seriously how the fuck did they skip these guys?

Blizzard needs to hire me. I'll work on fine tuning archaeology.

notworksafe

qigGw.png

So, graphic on the left is what that item actually looks like, middle is the transmogged tooltip. Right is what it looks like when I'm actually using it. That's the graphic for the Draconic Avenger, refer back to the tooltip.

Hopefully that makes it simple :) Transmog is a way to have an item look like something else.

Void storage is just extra bank space for stuff you won't use often.

How do you transmog stuff anyway? I want to make every sword I ever use look like Tfury (on my paladin anyway).

And doesn't Void Storage cost gold? I remember hearing about it before I quit last time, but don't remember details.

JCizzle

They really need to do a second pass on professions as a whole:

-The reliance on Living Steel this expansion is just absurd, even belt buckles require it.
-Make Kryparite and Trillium bars more useful, as it stands just a few patterns use Kryparite, and Trillium is just used by alchemists/engineers and one set of BS patterns.

Archaeology
-Good direction, but needs some tuning.
-The Achievement for getting all the pristine artifacts needs some sort of reward, because it takes an absurdly long time to get. All to make the Seat of Knowledge look better, which once you finish the achievement you have no reason to go back to.
-Make the crates not unique (same goes for grocery baskets). This is just a quality of life change that needs to happen.
-Should have made the various achievements where you have to collect certain items, play out a story. Not just exploration achievements.
-My favorite thing about archaeology is the rare chance to spawn a mob, should add rarer mobs that can spawn that drop keystones or a Sha non-combat pet!
-Add Mantid digsites... seriously how the fuck did they skip these guys?

Blizzard needs to hire me. I'll work on fine tuning archaeology.

I think they need to adjust the lower level requirements too. I was reading a guide that Tailoring still takes something like 1400 Frostweave, for example. The current system simply doesn't match the time you're at these level ranges anymore due to XP nerfs. Every time they nerfed the XP required to get through an expansion, they should have done the same for professions (IMO).

Rokam

Trillium is hard enough to find as it is and hard enough to make.

o_0 Find tons of trillium, not to mention the alchemists trillium transmute has no cd. They could probably up the drop rate on black a little, but I have 3 stacks of white currently.

They should have been their own quest, honestly. I liked the Lorewalker stuff a lot but I was hoping they'd play out in the zones where you actually discovered the artifacts rather than coming back for a fireside storytelling session. I miss actually seeing things happen in the outside world, like the old Stalvan Mistmantle quests that sent you everywhere, chased by a haunted spirit while you followed the story of a real bastard that ruined lives while he moved from Darkshire to Moonbrook to Elwynn and back. Those were the good old days of lore.

Ultratech

How do you transmog stuff anyway? I want to make every sword I ever use look like Tfury (on my paladin anyway).

And doesn't Void Storage cost gold? I remember hearing about it before I quit last time, but don't remember details.

There's a guy in Org/SW/Vale that can do it. It costs some money, but it's dependent on whatever you're using to Transmog (it's some percentage of its base price). It's generally not expensive unless you're using Heirloom gear to Transmog.

However, there is a limit to what things you can Transmog. You can't use Legendaries or "joke/silly" items for Transmog, and there's a few other exceptions, but it's fairly rare. Most everything else will work.

Interestingly enough, Hunter weapons (Bow, Xbow, and Guns) can be Transmogged interchangeably, so you can make a bow look like a gun and so on.

Void Storage costs Gold to unlock, then it costs 25g per item to deposit an item (Withdrawals are free). The catch here is that you can only put Soulbound items in Void Storage.
Probably best used for Transmog sets/items you won't be using, since depositing an item will strip it of all enchants/gems/etc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
o_0 Find tons of trillium, not to mention the alchemists trillium transmute has no cd. They could probably up the drop rate on black a little, but I have 3 stacks of white currently.

Must be farmed to hell and back on my server then.

Woorloog

Banned
Ah, suffering from heavy altitis.
I leveled a warrior to level 30 or so and then started making alts. Worgen was fun but some quests are really badly bugged, nearly stopped playing it.

My issue is that i want to play a Horde race (Forsaken or Blood Elf) but be on the Alliance's side. I've played a Horde character up to 80 but highest Alliance toon has been around 20 (a Draenei and a Worgen).
If Blizzard would just give us an ability to use at least some races with opposing faction... Not that there are many of these: Blood Elf, Goblin, don't see why not Worgen as well (not all Gilneans like Alliance, i reckon)... the PnP RPG (now declared non-canon) implied there are some humans and other non-Horde inviduals in Horde (and same for Alliance), wish doing that was possible in-game.

Also wishing there were more magic-physical hybrid classes (like Death Knight or Paladin). Dark Ranger, Demon Hunter, you get the idea. The Death Knight is a fun class but i want to play something else.
Paladin is a fun class but i don't like the theme. Shaman's theme is good but i don't care for the class. Don't like Monk's theme (and still lacking Mists). Rogue and Warrior do not posses magical abilities, at least not enough (since both have one or two abilities that could be called magical). Don't like Druid's shapeshifts.

I'm the kind of player to whom theme, visuals and style matters quite a lot. Fun requires coolnes (like the DK or Warlock has).

JCizzle

Ah, suffering from heavy altitis.
I leveled a warrior to level 30 or so and then started making alts. Worgen was fun but some quests are really badly bugged, nearly stopped playing it.

My issue is that i want to play a Horde race (Forsaken or Blood Elf) but be on the Alliance's side. I've played a Horde character up to 80 but highest Alliance toon has been around 20 (a Draenei and a Worgen).
If Blizzard would just give us an ability to use at least some races with opposing faction... Not that there are many of these: Blood Elf, Goblin, don't see why not Worgen as well (not all Gilneans like Alliance, i reckon)... the PnP RPG (now declared non-canon) implied there are some humans and other non-Horde inviduals in Horde (and same for Alliance), wish doing that was possible in-game.

Also wishing there were more magic-physical hybrid classes (like Death Knight or Paladin). Dark Ranger, Demon Hunter, you get the idea. The Death Knight is a fun class but i want to play something else.
Paladin is a fun class but i don't like the theme. Shaman's theme is good but i don't care for the class. Don't like Monk's theme (and still lacking Mists). Rogue and Warrior do not posses magical abilities, at least not enough (since both have one or two abilities that could be called magical). Don't like Druid's shapeshifts.

I'm the kind of player to whom theme, visuals and style matters quite a lot. Fun requires coolnes (like the DK or Warlock has).

Enhancement Shaman too.

Woorloog

Banned
Enhancement Shaman too.

"Shaman's theme is good but i don't care for the class".
So, no Shammys for me. Besides, i don't like any of the races that can be one, expect the Draenei and Orc.

Try Hunter. Their shots and stings and certain pet abilities take on elemental magic properties.

Ah, yes, forgot why i don't want to play a Hunter. That pet. It ain't cool. Gimme something else in place of it (skeleton? Hunter would be easy to convert to Dark Ranger, just replace beast pet with an undead minion). EDIT Yeah, WoW has a lot of choices for a pet. I don't like a single one of them. Don't think even Exotic beasts had any i'd like.
Seriously, i've never found Hunter to be particularly fun to play, Warlock is far more fun and interesting ranged class. EDIT also, i miss the ability to use at least some melee attacks and dual wielding melee weapons (while having a bow or gun). Stupid change, if you ask me, if sensible one.

I'm Warlock in my heart but i'd prefer more physical melee class right now.

EDIT and class isn't so much of an problem for me as the fact i can't play an Alliance Forsaken or Blood Elf (or Draenei Warlock). Sigh. Guess i'll figure something out.

EDIT actually, since i don't have any real ideas, maybe i'll give a Hunter a try. Then i've made one of each classes but a Priest since playing WoW again.
Priests are my least liked class, to the point of hating them.

notworksafe

There's a guy in Org/SW/Vale that can do it. It costs some money, but it's dependent on whatever you're using to Transmog (it's some percentage of its base price). It's generally not expensive unless you're using Heirloom gear to Transmog.

However, there is a limit to what things you can Transmog. You can't use Legendaries or "joke/silly" items for Transmog, and there's a few other exceptions, but it's fairly rare. Most everything else will work.
-_- Even if I own the Legendary I want stuff to look like? BAH!

BLIIIIZZZAAAAARD! :mad:

At least I can just make my Pally wear T2 forever!

Void Storage costs Gold to unlock, then it costs 25g per item to deposit an item (Withdrawals are free). The catch here is that you can only put Soulbound items in Void Storage.
Probably best used for Transmog sets/items you won't be using, since depositing an item will strip it of all enchants/gems/etc.
Now this is awesome. Now I finally have a place to put my old tier and arena sets that I'll never use again, but still want to keep.

Thanks for the info!

So, some backstory;

Played since vanilla, off and on in BC and played consistently throughout WotLK and up until Dec of last year through Cataclysm. Said Pandaria looks okay, but not enough to bring me back. The Collector in me still bought the collectors edition since I have them all anyway. Girlfriend worked all day Saturday, didn't feel like playing Borderlands 2, realized I need to check out that art book, oh? I guess I should install since I opened it. What? No install? Just need to provide my key since it was all downloaded in the patch??

9 hour play session later I can say I have a level 10 Pandaran Monk, Rogue is in the Jade Forest halfway to 86 and I have a rockin team of 4 Pets that are all level 13. Pet Battles rule. Hard.

Fuck.

Sarcasm

I haven't started dead wastes or the eternal veil yet..was wondering if (since I want to tank) that I should go Guardian and quest in bearform so I can get gear for that spec? Or does it not matter even if I am in Feral spec. I ask this cause supposedly quest rewards are for your spec right? I basically want to know if I have to do bear spec or not.

Also what rep do I want as a druid? (For both feral specs - mainly guardian)

Berordn

I haven't started dead wastes or the eternal veil yet..was wondering if (since I want to tank) that I should go Guardian and quest in bearform so I can get gear for that spec? Or does it not matter even if I am in Feral spec. I ask this cause supposedly quest rewards are for your spec right? I basically want to know if I have to do bear spec or not.

Also what rep do I want as a druid? (For both feral specs - mainly guardian)

Guardian and Feral still use similar itemization, so there's no difference. Reps no longer grant spec-specific enchants or anything, but you're going to want Klaxxi and Golden Lotus since they give the best raiding rewards, but not for a while. Golden Lotus also branches out in the August Celestials and Shado-Pan dailies, so if you've got any interest in doing those (you probably do), gotta start there.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
There is so many reps to grind, so many dailies to do to get all of that to exalted, and no easy way to grind them through dungeons... this is kinda depressing. Especially when some of those dailies only gives like 110 rep.

mr_toa

So, some backstory;

Played since vanilla, off and on in BC and played consistently throughout WotLK and up until Dec of last year through Cataclysm. Said Pandaria looks okay, but not enough to bring me back. The Collector in me still bought the collectors edition since I have them all anyway. Girlfriend worked all day Saturday, didn't feel like playing Borderlands 2, realized I need to check out that art book, oh? I guess I should install since I opened it. What? No install? Just need to provide my key since it was all downloaded in the patch??

9 hour play session later I can say I have a level 10 Pandaran Monk, Rogue is in the Jade Forest halfway to 86 and I have a rockin team of 4 Pets that are all level 13. Pet Battles rule. Hard.

Fuck.

So good times all around?

FLEABttn

Banned
I just found this The Black Prince stuff..this a rep for rewards or something?

Legendary quest line that, upon completion in the current patch, will reward you with a +500 stat gem for raid/LFR weapons.

Down the line, it's supposed to lead to a legendary weapon.

Berordn

I just found this The Black Prince stuff..this a rep for rewards or something?

It's tied to the legendary for the entire expansion. Don't worry about earning rep, and just keep with your dailies. You'll get it in time for the raids to open, and there's no benefit to doing it early.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is this Black Prince legendary stuff going to be impossible to finish if you're not a hardcore raider? I mean, is there going to be a lesser version of that legendary through LFR or something?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yanger, what guild do you run with? And what was your Elegon strat? My guild can't get him down. They're doing 4 sparks in the transition phase

I don't understand why you would even bother grinding this right now since it's going to take 30 days+ before you can even use the mount. It just makes it so you have to grind like 5 things at once.

Because more and more people are seeing Alani flying around, hitting up wowhead to see what the deal is and then starting to try and farm shards. Competition for the best mobs to farm is already pretty crazy and it's only going to get worse. The usual clowns are already sitting on spawn points and racing each other to tag mobs as they spawn, and now that's asshattery I don't have to expose myself to because I've gotten it done nice and early.

ZenaxPure

Is this Black Prince legendary stuff going to be impossible to finish if you're not a hardcore raider? I mean, is there going to be a lesser version of that legendary through LFR or something?

We don't really know yet. You can get the current part in LFR, though, so it's entirely possible it will continue that way in future patches.

Sarcasm

I didn't know it was even possible! I love old stuff AND would love a group of people who "get it" to run current content with.

Who should I PM? I'm def available to tank pretty much anything that's needed.

Well PM if your NA to add each other. I won't host a doc since nobody is interested.

Top Bottom