• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

The story for him seems pretty interesting too. Seems like they're almost teasing the next expansion through his quest.
That storyline is probably the one I'm most looking forward to because I want to see how it all pans out. Seems like some really interesting stuff coming out of it.

Westlo

They added 1434 stamina to it.

How? Educate me!

I've got Alch/Ench at 600, and tomorrow, will have a Miner/JC at 600. All I've been doing so far is selling Living Steel, which makes me 2-300 every day at most. I could sell Sha Crystals for 500 a piece too.

What else to make money?

He would've made that money in the first week, would be harder right now, at the start was easy. Heck I flipped 2 green items for 10k in the first hour, sold a Starlight Ink for 1k etc. Right now if you have a scribe you can make some big bucks.

Sold 3 of Serpents (was a double) for 13.5k and Two of Tigers for 8.5k, tomorrow all ink trader changes from blackfallow to ink of dreams, which means we can trade in 10 IoD for 1 Starlight, considering Starlight is 300g each on my server right now and Ink of Dreams was 4g before the notice and 8g until i bought out the auction house.... (now 15g...)

Hopefully I'll have my Serpent deck soon.

But money sucks right now except for a few things, I really miss the auction house sorting bug lol... made 150k on glyphs thanks to that after the MOP pre patch. Glyphs are shit right now... make 1-2k a week now since I refuse to sell shit @ less than 70g and most of them are up for under 20g.

If they ever went to a regionwide auction house.... lol glyphs... it's bad enough on servers like Frostmourne.

Just got my 2nd binding to drop in MC ... then proceeded to kill Ragnaros to see if I could get the Eye of Sulfuras.

Little did I know .. that I had to go talk to an NPC in Silithus to get a quest which enabled Ragnaros to drop Essence of the Firelord so I can complete it.

Thank GOD it's Monday and MC resets tomorrow because if I had to wait any more than a day to make this sword I think I'd kill a murloc IRL.

32 long weeks of farming on 2 characters (one binding on a death knight .. and finally both bindings on my warrior who just happens to be my main!!) so I can finally get my first legendary in this game. I bought this game day 1 .. and I still think this is the most exciting piece of gear I have ever gotten.

It didn't quite make me breakdance like when I got my Ravenlord mount, but I sure did feel like shedding a single tear.

Anywho, enough of my blog post ... I just had to share!

Westlo

That sounds like an awesome feature.

Some people really like this stuff, they go all in lol

WoWScrnShot_092512_142537.jpg

5 accounts, 5 subs, and all those outfits were probably 15-25k each...

I'm pretty happy I got a somewhat matching staff and cloak just from Jade Temple for my Slut Elf's outfit.

Tarazet

I haven't started dead wastes or the eternal veil yet..was wondering if (since I want to tank) that I should go Guardian and quest in bearform so I can get gear for that spec? Or does it not matter even if I am in Feral spec. I ask this cause supposedly quest rewards are for your spec right? I basically want to know if I have to do bear spec or not.

Also what rep do I want as a druid? (For both feral specs - mainly guardian)

As far as rep, if you are a Leatherworker, Golden Lotus has all of the LW patterns. If you want Agility food, you do Way of the Wok for cooking. Other than that, it's the usual reps that everyone needs - Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, August Celestials, Shado-Pan.

The gear is still exactly the same for cat and bear spec, it's just a different priority for reforging. And for that matter, since all of the leveling trinkets are general purpose (mostly Mastery), you can use the same gear until you get to 90 and start using gems and specific class trinkets.

If you're anything like me, you will spend most of your time questing as a bear, or else wind up repairing a lot because of the active respawns.

The cunt thread in OT has taken a another twist.

Just an fyi.

Man...that thread is off the rails.

Um, on topic - didn't play today, but I should get back to at least doing a little bit tomorrow. Got kinda burnt out by dailies, especially since I don't have a raid or challenge dungeon group of my own to work with on more difficult content at the moment. Took the time to catch up on some reading.

As far as rep, if you are a Leatherworker, Golden Lotus has all of the LW patterns. If you want Agility food, you do Way of the Wok for cooking.
Personally, I find the stam food to get more mileage than agility.

You can't go wrong with the LW gloves or chest. They are exceptional and will give you a big boost. However, you will need 14 (I think) spirits of harmony to craft both, along with magnificent hides.

You're very fortunate to be going bear now. Our whole world has been turned upside-down. In the past, AGI and STAM were all we could care about. Now, I am finding myself shooting for hit and expertise cap. More landed blows = more rage = more Savage Defense/Frenzied Regeneration.

I value Mastery higher than Dodge right now, as mastery always mitigates. Which is insane that I am not focusing all my attention on dodge. Dodge just doesn't have the stat power it used to.

When all is said and done, bears are now much more complicated in their stats and there is no one right way to stat. T14 gives us a lot of dodge stats and 4-piece gives our Savage Defense 5% more dodge and 10% more healing from Frenzied Regeneration. Really scrutinizing these details, I truly believe the other stats (hit, expertise, mastery) are going to be exceptionally important to round out all of the bear's tools and play style, above and beyond dodge.

Tarazet

Personally, I find the stam food to get more mileage than agility.

You can't go wrong with the LW gloves or chest. They are exceptional and will give you a big boost. However, you will need 14 (I think) spirits of harmony to craft both, along with magnificent hides.

You're very fortunate to be going bear now. Our whole world has been turned upside-down. In the past, AGI and STAM were all we could care about. Now, I am finding myself shooting for hit and expertise cap. More landed blows = more rage = more Savage Defense/Frenzied Regeneration.

I value Mastery higher than Dodge right now, as mastery always mitigates. Which is insane that I am not focusing all my attention on dodge. Dodge just doesn't have the stat power it used to.

When all is said and done, bears are now much more complicated in their stats and there is no one right way to stat. T14 gives us a lot of dodge stats and 4-piece gives our Savage Defense 5% more dodge and 10% more healing from Frenzied Regeneration. Really scrutinizing these details, I truly believe the other stats (hit, expertise, mastery) are going to be exceptionally important to round out all of the bear's tools and play style, above and beyond dodge.

The one I'm responding to is a Feral Druid though. I think the Agi food is key. In my case, I'm geared ahead of the curve for our guild, so I'm going for the Agi food first since our DPS is behind.

Sarcasm

As far as rep, if you are a Leatherworker, Golden Lotus has all of the LW patterns. If you want Agility food, you do Way of the Wok for cooking. Other than that, it's the usual reps that everyone needs - Golden Lotus, Klaxxi, August Celestials, Shado-Pan.

The gear is still exactly the same for cat and bear spec, it's just a different priority for reforging. And for that matter, since all of the leveling trinkets are general purpose (mostly Mastery), you can use the same gear until you get to 90 and start using gems and specific class trinkets.

If you're anything like me, you will spend most of your time questing as a bear, or else wind up repairing a lot because of the active respawns.

So basically swipe and thrash mixed with mangle right?

Tarazet

So basically swipe and thrash mixed with mangle right?

For AoE, Mangle is top priority for damage and Rage, then Thrash's bleed, then Swipe.. use Berserk and spam Mangle if you have 3 mobs. Single target priority is FF for the debuff, Mangle, Lacerate for DoT stacks and good direct damage, then Thrash. Use Maul to dump rage if you're not taking damage.. if you are, use Frenzied Regeneration (without the glyph for questing). Savage Defense is good to use right before large incoming physical damage.

And since you are going Guardian, Way of the Oven is the one to do for the Stamina stat food. They made it literally a 2-minute process to level cooking to 525, so there's no excuse anymore!

TheYanger

Yanger, what guild do you run with? And what was your Elegon strat? My guild can't get him down. They're doing 4 sparks in the transition phase

Aftermath on Mal'ganis. We did 5 and 5 as our strat, but someone fell asleep bigtime and we ended up doing 5 and 3 on our kill.

Sarcasm

For AoE, Mangle is top priority for damage and Rage, then Thrash's bleed, then Swipe.. use Berserk and spam Mangle if you have 3 mobs. Single target priority is FF for the debuff, Mangle, Lacerate for DoT stacks and good direct damage, then Thrash. Use Maul to dump rage if you're not taking damage.. if you are, use Frenzied Regeneration (without the glyph for questing). Savage Defense is good to use right before large incoming physical damage.

And since you are going Guardian, Way of the Oven is the one to do for the Stamina stat food. They made it literally a 2-minute process to level cooking to 525, so there's no excuse anymore!

What?

Robin64

Cooking: Two minutes to 525, two weeks to 600. I feel like I'm never going to get there unless I go out and grind like a mofo. The type of grinding I haven't done since Sorrow Hill in vanilla.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I love when you get new main quests :D Just got revered with Golden Lotus and I'm loving the new quests!

Yoshichan

Don't forget to go down to the island in Krasarang for more August Celestial quests, there's no breadcrumb quests leading down there.
Thanks a lot! Anything more I should be aware of?

CoLaN

My server is kinda dead, can anyone suggest a nice european pvp realm? I dont mind queues as long as the server is populated and with a decent community.

TomServo

He would've made that money in the first week, would be harder right now, at the start was easy. Heck I flipped 2 green items for 10k in the first hour, sold a Starlight Ink for 1k etc. Right now if you have a scribe you can make some big bucks

Yup, I hit 90 on the first weekend after launch. Ghost iron ore was selling for 400g a stack. Eventually that price came down, but then uncut rare gems were all selling for 300g-400g. Then it was golden lotus selling for 300g each. Throw in some trillium bars and I made some decent gold.

Robin64

Does it matter what specialization? Looking on wowhead it just briefly talks about this.

Eventually you'll get them all for completion sake, but the one you want to focus on first depends on your class role. They each offer buffs to specific stats.

Way of the Grill - Strength
Way of the Oven - Stamina
Way of the Pot - Intellect
Way of the Steamer - Spirit
Way of the Wok - Agility
Way of the Brew - Tea and beer

mclem

o_0 Find tons of trillium, not to mention the alchemists trillium transmute has no cd. They could probably up the drop rate on black a little, but I have 3 stacks of white currently.

Heh, I have three times as much black as I do white!

RNG, there.

I'm in the slightly awkward position of kinda wanting more void storage. I'm down to my last eight slots. Admittedly, there's stuff in there I probably don't particularly *need*, but... sentimental value, y'know? I've got my sets from the Necropolis attacks in there!

I just tamed the white tiger, Savage. It was kind of a pain in the ass. I tracked him for about half an hour. This is the only new pet I really wanted though. Until the new spirit beasts come out that is.

aqWgb.jpg

Enosh

question about the spirit binder boss in MV

when he stops with the spirit totems at what is it, 20%? does he also stop with banishing? Wonder if it is possible for the other tank to taunt him off me at some point during that time if his CDs are up and mine aren't? I still had the voodoo dolls on me and didn't want to risk shit getting fucked if he taunted (got him down ^^) but just wondering for next try since it would be easier

Yoshichan

Buying Tol'vir boxes with archaeology tokens is much better than actually trying to dig in Uldum.
Oh yes! Archeology in Northrend sucks ass.

mr_toa

Quick question - what's the best place online, as in cheap and safe, for purchasing EU server game-time cards?

Thanks in advance.

Robin64

I hope I can balance my Pokemon White 2 playtime with Mists of Pandaria. I don't want to get left behind, in either game. Stupid release schedules.

Yoshichan

I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of dailies I'm getting, now that I'm revered with Golden Lotus... ugh.

edit: Are there any more dailies/quests in Townlong, besides the ones in the Shado-Pan Garrison? Rokam?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Aftermath on Mal'ganis. We did 5 and 5 as our strat, but someone fell asleep bigtime and we ended up doing 5 and 3 on our kill.

Aye - my guild leader was talking about your guild on vent last night, haha. We are on that server as well. I will pass the info on and see how they fair this week.

Yoshichan

Aaaaaaand maintenance, and I wasn't even half done with my dailies today. gg.

mclem

I tried a Challenge Mode yesterday. Ouch, that's brutal. Clocked in at just under an hour on Gate of the Setting Sun. That said, having more foreknowledge now means I *think* we can get ourselves a bronze in the future, at least - possibly a silver.

It doesn't help that I'm undergeared! My nice shiny boots from Sha of Anger get nerfed down to 463, but all my sub-463 blues still langour in their 440-ness.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I tried a Challenge Mode yesterday. Ouch, that's brutal. Clocked in at just under an hour on Gate of the Setting Sun. That said, having more foreknowledge now means I *think* we can get ourselves a bronze in the future, at least - possibly a silver.

It doesn't help that I'm undergeared! My nice shiny boots from Sha of Anger get nerfed down to 463, but all my sub-463 blues still langour in their 440-ness.

Yeah, challenges seem like a really neat addition to the game. I'm also happy that the rewards are transmog gear and not stat gear. Since group comp is SO important in those.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of dailies I'm getting, now that I'm revered with Golden Lotus... ugh.

edit: Are there any more dailies/quests in Townlong, besides the ones in the Shado-Pan Garrison? Rokam?

How are you even revered with them already? I started doing them yesterday and their dailies gives me like 110 rep, and there isnt hundreds of them. Or is there some items you can pick on the ground like the Onyx eggs?

Yoshichan

How are you even revered with them already? I started doing them yesterday and their dailies gives me like 110 rep, and there isnt hundreds of them. Or is there some items you can pick on the ground like the Onyx eggs?
I started doing all the dailies day 2.

Yoshichan

Still, even if we take that in fact, with 110 rep a daily, i don't see how...

Unless even more of them unlock once you get to friendly, honored and so on.
Yes, more dailies gets unlocked when you reach honored :)

Top Bottom