• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Yes, more dailies gets unlocked when you reach honored :)

Which kind of made me sad when I realized that. I know, I know...I do not have to do all the dailies, but when a lot of gear is locked behind the reputations I just want to get them done. I will then stop at Revered until the reputation changes go in.

Speaking of which, I thought I was going to hit revered with the Klaxxi last night and of course when I turned in my last daily I stopped at 11999/12000. I could not have done that if I tried.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I love when you get new main quests :D Just got revered with Golden Lotus and I'm loving the new quests!

You know, I think I might be like 200 rep short of revered today :( I just have the last daily to turn do. Servers went down as I was flying to the quest mob.

mclem

Yeah, challenges seem like a really neat addition to the game. I'm also happy that the rewards are transmog gear and not stat gear. Since group comp is SO important in those.

While that's true, it does mean that I'm having to gently let down my well-geared buddy who wants to fill in time before we start raiding officially with challenge modes, because at the moment I have a responsibility to get myself raid-ready so I can't spend all my time running and improving my times.

Edit: Oh, unlocked my third Tillers plot now. Just one to go! Do you get Tillers rep by handing in the blue items, or is it only personal rep with that person?

aesop

Hours after getting my new PC up and running, I got lucky and won the roll for the Darkmoon Rabbit. 1/1 on new hardware.

Holy crap at the tells and whining in trade chat after I started trying to sell it. Got a 75k offer that I'm sitting on because I think it will fetch 100+.

Here is the guide I am using for my Guardian Druid. It is extensive and covers pretty much everything you'll need to know for starting out in MoP.

http://www.icy-veins.com/guardian-druid-wow-pve-tank-guide

I think a high stam/high mastery build might be viable. I am casual and I think the crossover to Battlegrounds would work well. A full Stam Guardian would gain more healing from our % based healing proc and make Bear Hug hit like a mac truck. If anything it will be fun to try out before going back to the traditional Agi/Stam/Dodge/Mastery route.

I am really enjoying leveling as bear. I can AE 10+ mobs at once, no problem. It is nice for fighting rares too since I have so many survival tools at my disposal and my dmg is nothing to sneeze at, especially when I blow cooldowns. I think I have enough interrupts to lock a healer down for the duration in PvP. Farie Fire (glyphed), skull bash, mighty bash, bear hug, and cyclone can all be used together to shut a caster down. That's more tools than we have ever had and the duration has increased on bash.

Hours after getting my new PC up and running, I got lucky and won the roll for the Darkmoon Rabbit. 1/1 on new hardware.

Holy crap at the tells and whining in trade chat after I started trying to sell it. Got a 75k offer that I'm sitting on because I think it will fetch 100+.

Man I really do not know what I would do in that situation. I like collecting pets, but never pay absurd amounts of gold for them. So to have that sitting in my lap where I could use it or sell it for a good chunk of gold would be a tough decision.

Of course I am already sitting on 600k gold and I have no idea what I am ever going to use it all for so I would probably just keep it.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Take that shit to pet battles, level it up to 25 and sell it for like a lot ;D

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=30249
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Entropya/reputation/

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH

aesop

Man I really do not know what I would do in that situation. I like collecting pets, but never pay absurd amounts of gold for them. So to have that sitting in my lap where I could use it or sell it for a good chunk of gold would be a tough decision.

Of course I am already sitting on 600k gold and I have no idea what I am ever going to use it all for so I would probably just keep it.

I really don't care about pets outside of a few and in all my years of playing WoW, since vanilla, I've never had a high value item that I could sell. I'm taking advantage of this one. Plus between all my toons I've got ~40k gold.

Take that shit to pet battles, level it up to 25 and sell it for like a lot ;D

Too much work. Heh

Entropia

No One Remembers
I really don't care about pets outside of a few and in all my years of playing WoW, since vanilla, I've never had a high value item that I could sell. I'm taking advantage of this one. Plus between all my toons I've got ~40k gold.

Too much work. Heh

Just sell it then.

:p

Nice char! What's your /played? Puts my little guy to shame :/

I think it's around 335 days played?

I'm sad because I'm going to be just shy of being Revered with the Golden Lotus after that last daily :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MG would farm that shit in a week, max :3

crpav

I am sort of bummed out. I was hoping to be able to raid with our guilds' team 1 and tonight they are looking to start possibly LFR together if not the normal raid but I don't have high enough ilvl for LFR. Lost a dps trinket last night from a heroic and just can't get other items I need to drop. I really wanted to raid with them and even though they are easy going I don't know what plans will be if i can't start when they are ready. I know the guild leader is only 458 so not sure she will be fully ready for LFR either.

JP gear should be the same level for LFR. It is a little difficult to get the required ilvl in such a short amount of time unless you can put in 5 hours a day running heroics.

JCizzle

I am sort of bummed out. I was hoping to be able to raid with our guilds' team 1 and tonight they are looking to start possibly LFR together if not the normal raid but I don't have high enough ilvl for LFR. Lost a dps trinket last night from a heroic and just can't get other items I need to drop. I really wanted to raid with them and even though they are easy going I don't know what plans will be if i can't start when they are ready. I know the guild leader is only 458 so not sure she will be fully ready for LFR either.

JP gear should be the same level for LFR. It is a little difficult to get the required ilvl in such a short amount of time unless you can put in 5 hours a day running heroics.

It will certainly be interesting to see the feedback roll in over these next few days on that topic. I have a feeling that a lot of people will be in your shoes (and will not be pleased), but time will tell.

mclem

In that situation, as a GM, I'd be more inclined to take a 10-man into the normal raid with people being slightly undergeared than to go for LFR. Save LFR for the end of the week and you won't be losing out on potential upgrades yet you'll still have the chance to get more guild members involved. Besides which, 10-man shouldn't be *too* inaccessible; this week I downed the first boss with a raid with gear in the mid-450 range, and while we're raiders with slightly more dedication than the masses, I wouldn't call us particularly hardcore.

Our original schedule was to start official raiding *next* Wednesday (not this coming one), with unofficial raids being permitted in the meantime. Some of the officers have been pushing to move that earlier, but I think I'm going to override them - the guild as a whole isn't ready, yet. They can certainly roll out a squad, but there's not a lot of leeway in there. Besides which we'd *kinda* like to get back to 25s if we have the people, and I'm worried folks will be reluctant to do that if there's a 10-man who's already stormed off doing everything they can in the meantime.

Entropia

No One Remembers
In that situation, as a GM, I'd be more inclined to take a 10-man into the normal raid with people being slightly undergeared than to go for LFR. Save LFR for the end of the week and you won't be losing out on potential upgrades yet you'll still have the chance to get more guild members involved. Besides which, 10-man shouldn't be *too* inaccessible; this week I downed the first boss with a raid with gear in the mid-450 range, and while we're raiders with slightly more dedication than the masses, I wouldn't call us particularly hardcore.

My raid team raids Sunday/Monday so my view is a bit different, but:

I'd rather people do LFR before the normal scheduled raid. This early in the expansion, being able to grab some of the much needed upgrades would be invaluable. I know there's only 3 bosses up in this part so you may get 1-2 pieces at the most. Those upgrades would certainly help make your main raid a lot smoother.

mclem

My raid team raids Sunday/Monday so my view is a bit different, but:

I'd rather people do LFR before the normal scheduled raid. This early in the expansion, being able to grab some of the much needed upgrades would be invaluable. I know there's only 3 bosses up in this part so you may get 1-2 pieces at the most. Those upgrades would certainly help make your main raid a lot smoother.

Well, we had our first probe into the raids last week. There *wasn't* an LFR - that has rather coloured my viewpoints!

The fact that it was *adequate* suggests that I'd be open to doing that again this week and leaving LFR until the time most people can attend.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Well, we had our first probe into the raids last week. There *wasn't* an LFR - that has rather coloured my viewpoints!

True. We went in last night on our first raid (No Sunday raid due to Thanksgiving).

With you guys officially starting next week, your gear should make the fights from a throughput perspective easier.

Robin64

8 x Living Steel and 8 x Spirit of Harmony to make myself a Ghost Reaver's Breastplate. Ouch...

I suppose I can get the SoH from farming, but what about the Living Steel? How many can alchemists make a day? Do I need to get an alchemist to 600 as priority?

crpav

Our original schedule was to start official raiding *next* Wednesday (not this coming one), with unofficial raids being permitted in the meantime. Some of the officers have been pushing to move that earlier, but I think I'm going to override them - the guild as a whole isn't ready, yet. They can certainly roll out a squad, but there's not a lot of leeway in there. Besides which we'd *kinda* like to get back to 25s if we have the people, and I'm worried folks will be reluctant to do that if there's a 10-man who's already stormed off doing everything they can in the meantime.

This is what I would do as well and hopefully they decide to go this route so we can at least go in do some trash and get a look at the raid.

Ultratech

Getting ever closer to Exalted with the Cloud Serpents...think I only like about 8k more rep, and I'm getting something like 1500+ rep a day with the dailies.

Guess I need to work on Golden Lotus rep, but I can't be bothered with it right now for some reason. Mostly concerned with Cloud Serpents, Klaxxi, and Tillers to lesser extent (Carrots!).

Also managed to get some more gear upgrades from Heroics, including a Trinket upgrade finally. Still gotta replace my crappy neck item (or get the one from the Klaxxi once I get enough VP).

Black Market AH and make more money!

No joke, I checked it the other day and it had a Rocket Chicken from the TCG game. Not something I'd spend money on, but you could probably make a ton of money selling something like that.

Most of the time when I check the BM, it's usually something like:
*Random T3 piece
*Random Pet
*Random high-level gear/recipe

There's usually no more than 2 items when I check it, though.

I logged in for an hour and did some farming (like, in my virtual farm), around 10 quests, killed a rare, and harvested a bunch of herbs (3 golden lotus among them). Damn I love this game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DUDE.

It's WoW.

DUDE.

1 year is not special at all.

DUDE.

Black Market AH and make more money!

No joke, I checked it the other day and it had a Rocket Chicken from the TCG game. Not something I'd spend money on, but you could probably make a ton of money selling something like that.

Most of the time when I check the BM, it's usually something like:
*Random T3 piece
*Random Pet
*Random high-level gear/recipe

There's usually no more than 2 items when I check it, though.

Yeah I guess I should start taking a look at that thing, I keep forgetting it even exists.

Yoshichan

OVER NIIIIIIINETHOUSAAAAAAAAND.

Started this druid in late WotLK

DUDE

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Gotten a few lotus from my farming daily quests, love those free 300g herbs.

Yeah, I made a cool couple thousand from lotuses found while farming herbs for my darkmoon trinket.

Yoshichan

Yeah I've made a total of 56 spirits and converted them into Golden Lotus:

56 x 3 = 168 lotus

168 x ~250g = around 42k from those flowers

But I'm saving up my spirits now :3

Entropia

No One Remembers
I just realized the armory page hasn't properly updated my rep yet. I was over 11k into Honored with the Golden Lotus when I logged out, but I forget what I was at exactly. Ugh, I hope I get it today! DDDDDDDDDDD:

Fularu

Banned
380 days 14 hours on my warrior

I feel old

That's with stopping raiding shortly after Cata came out and taking a one year break from the game...

I hate Paladins...fucking heals and absorbs.

Cant fucking kill em.

It is funny how sometimes I feel like a damn tank in BGs as a Holy Paladin and then other times I just absolutely get blown up in a matter of seconds. But yeah it usually takes at least three people focusing on me or two people with a good combo of stuns.

I love that they added Denounce though, I can actually kill people 1v1 unless they are another healer.

Top Bottom