• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FINE.

Bye forever.
The first step in persuading me would be to get your sweet Samus-ass to NA! I play from Europe and I still serve our NA overlords :3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What do you mean ,_,?

Yoshichan

It's beautiful ;_;

64Mc9.jpg

0mjSg.jpg

eeZNc.jpg

Yoshichan

Wait, are you saying he didn't spend 365 days (A WHOLE YEAR) on this?!

DUDE.

(sorry, I had to)

Yoshichan

:mad: EU lucky again, feels like our maintenance is 10x longer!

Stridone

Banned
DUDE.

It's WoW.

DUDE.

1 year is not special at all.

DUDE.

Not trying to be judgemental or anything, I just think it's a bit much to spend on a virtual life, even though WoW is pretty awesome. I think I had like 28 days in my entire WoW-career and I thought that was alot.

I'm genuinely curious, do you guys have normal lives outside of WoW?

Yoshichan

edit - nevermind, not even gonna go there.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Not trying to be judgemental or anything, I just think it's a bit much to spend on a virtual life, even though WoW is pretty awesome. I think I had like 28 days in my entire WoW-career and I thought that was alot.

I'm with Yoshichan on this one.

R... really? I mean, really? I'm actually slightly offended by this, for some reason. I know I shouldn't be, since this "do you guys actually have normal lives?"-discussion has been going on for years. I just didn't know someone on GAF would actually ask this, so blatantly.

meh, I think you can cut the guy some slack. I see it from both sides but you did just say spending an entire year inside the game is "nothing special."

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've done 10 days in MoP already. Your delusion of "28 days played" in a game that's been out for 8 years is pretty insanely stupid.

Still... 10 days/240 hours of WoW since the expansion's release? Out of the 14 days/336 hours since the expansion release, only 96 hours were spent outside of WoW? That's crazy. Did you take 2 weeks off work or school or something?

Yoshichan

crpav

Wow, you are going to go there? I have a full time job, a wife and my first son was born 9 weeks ago. We also own our home so plenty of chores and things to take care of with owning a home and having a yard. I do the grocery shopping and help my wife clean the house and of course take care of our son. Those things always, ALWAYS come first and I play WoW when and if I have time....but can see how it sometimes pulls my attention away from actual life. It's about moderation and proper prioritization which I know some people struggle with.

In the end it's a stress relief mechanism. Some people read, some people take naps and many other hobbies are what peaks people's interests. Why do you have to come down on what some people do for enjoyment? Of course I should add I know your post is directed towards those who play like 5 to 10 hours a day which is a bit much and I don't know how they do it but to each their own.

Robin64

Haha, wow, the life thing is back.

I'm not even going to debate this, but suffice to say, I have fun where I see fun.

Wow, you are going to go there? I have a full time job, a wife and my first son was born 9 weeks ago. We also own our home so plenty of chores and things to take care of with owning a home and having a yard. I do the grocery shopping and help my wife clean the house and of course take care of our son. Those things always, ALWAYS come first and I play WoW when and if I have time....but can see how it sometimes pulls my attention away from actual life. It's about moderation and proper prioritization which I know some people struggle with.

In the end it's a stress relief mechanism. Some people read, some people take naps and many other hobbies are what peaks people's interests. Why do you have to come down on what some people do for enjoyment?

He said nothing negative or judgmental. It's a valid question when you have dudes on this forum saying they're spending ungodly amounts of time inside the game.

I'm genuinely curious as well. If you have a full-time job (40 hrs/week) and a social life (socializing a few hours during the week and several over the weekend), it is extremely challenging to find as much time as some of the dudes posting here have reported.

I don't think anyone is calling anyone else a "loser" or whatever. I might call some of you guys sleep-deprived, though :)

Yoshichan

I'll follow Robin64 on this. Edited all my posts above. They didn't contribute to anything.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Is there a Excell doc or some shit with everyones realm and name?

There was, but I don't think it's active anymore? :(

I'll bite.

I have a decent job with a great company and my career potential at the moment is outstanding. Would I be further ahead if I didn't play WoW so much - maybe.

I go to the gym 2-3 times a week on top of exercising (jogging, p90, etc) a few times a week. I also play in a social sports league (Slo pitch in the summer, floor hockey at the moment).

I hang out with friends regularly, every Friday I go out to a pub with co-workers.

So yeah, I have a "normal life" outside of WoW.

My co-workers heckled me when I took a week off to play Mists of Pandaria, I told them how much I played (~4-5 hours on weeknights, double that on weekends). One of them made the comment, "I guess that's no worse than watching TV all night". Exactly, me playing a game and socially interacting with fellow players is actually better than sitting in one spot and watching a TV show. Hell, when I play WoW I usually have the TV on as well to watch.

Do I regret playing so much? Not at all. I've made great friends through this game, and it's really quite rewarding to down a new boss and progress.

Entropia, sounds like we play about the same amount. Totally agree about folks watching that much TV or whatever.

Anyway, yeah, that list is super old. My info on it is still accurate though. If anyone wants to be friends, my Battletag is Lamonster#1554.

Entropia

No One Remembers
When are they going to buff windwalker monks. D:

Such a terrible and poorly designed spec.

Please include sources on posts like these! :(

Sidenote: I hit level 40 on my Brewmaster monk last night. I absolutely love how involved tanking is on it. I set up several PowerAuras (thank god I found the 5.0 RC3) to track everything! (Shuffle, Guard, Stagger, Brew stacks)

Yoshichan

WAIT! The servers are up, WTF?

Why did no one tell me? How long have they been up?!

XenodudeX

Please include sources on posts like these! :(

Sidenote: I hit level 40 on my Brewmaster monk last night. I absolutely love how involved tanking is on it. I set up several PowerAuras (thank god I found the 5.0 RC3) to track everything! (Shuffle, Guard, Stagger, Brew stacks)

http://www.disargeria.net/2012/09/16/sotm-state-of-the-windwalker/

This is a good read I think.

My gripes are pretty much PvP related. I think they're fine in PvE. Although it's rotation is just boring.

In PvP:

We have zero burst

We are easily kited

Our self healing is atrocious

Spamming jab, a weak ability that does almost no damage( our white swings hit harder!), is stupid.

Keeping up tiger power in PvP is too hard, it's also a weak ability damage wise. So unless you have combo breaker up, you might as well not even use it.

Thats all I can think right now, but yeah, blizzard really dropped the ball on this spec. It is the worst spec in PvP bar none.

mclem

Yea I been -trying- to set a new one up.

Well, for what it's worth, I'm still playing the same character on the same server.

Maybe when I get good enough at it, I'll start an alt!

I'm finding an awful lot of DPSers who are convinced that *their* spec sucks. Given that one of them is a shammy, I'm not setting too much store by that for all of them!

Is there any DPS spec that's genuinely a bit poor right now?

Yoshichan

Time zones aren't my thing... in how many hours are we getting LFR, Entropia? :3

Sarcasm

Well, for what it's worth, I'm still playing the same character on the same server.

Maybe when I get good enough at it, I'll start an alt!

I'm finding an awful lot of DPSers who are convinced that *their* spec sucks. Given that one of them is a shammy, I'm not setting too much store by that for all of them!

Is there any DPS spec that's genuinely a bit poor right now?

Thing is the existing doc is down meaning nobody can access/see it.

Also for this lvl cooking to 525 in 5 minutes in halfhill..I haven't gotten any points what-so-ever...and its been a reset too.

Yoshi btw I live in Taiwan. Play on NA account.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I've got a few pieces left to collect until I'm ready for raiding: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/nordrassil/Çæðð/simple

A few pieces I lack (based of a good guide over at MMO-Champion):

Anchoring Sabatons
Blade Trap Signet
Binding of Broken Dreams
Carbonic Carbuncle
Commanding Bracers

I keep running these horribly boring and easy heroic dungeons. It's a cakewalk really, and I seldom have sought after gear drop. And the guild hasn't got too many peeps at the moment to allow for easy access to the heroic dungeons, so I have to rely on LFD.

Ah well, Mogu'Shan Vaults LFR opens tomorrow, maybe I can get something nice from there. Though I dread the atmosphere and spam that is more or less a given.

Yoshichan

Stridone

Banned
@yoshichan: I don't see why it would offend you. 380 days total is like playing WoW 6 hours a day every single day for like 4.5 years straight. So yeah, I'm curious how you combine that with a job/social life. I had periods were I would play WoW alot, but that was in high school where I had seas of time and no responsibilities.

In the end it's a stress relief mechanism. Some people read, some people take naps and many other hobbies are what peaks people's interests. Why do you have to come down on what some people do for enjoyment? Of course I should add I know your post is directed towards those who play like 5 to 10 hours a day which is a bit much and I don't know how they do it but to each their own.

Yeah, I have nothing against WoW as a hobby at all, it's a great game to get sucked into once in a while (even better after smoking a bowl). But seeing someone with 380 days on the counter really makes me wonder what sacrifices they made to get there.

Tarazet

He said nothing negative or judgmental. It's a valid question when you have dudes on this forum saying they're spending ungodly amounts of time inside the game.

I'm genuinely curious as well. If you have a full-time job (40 hrs/week) and a social life (socializing a few hours during the week and several over the weekend), it is extremely challenging to find as much time as some of the dudes posting here have reported.

I don't think anyone is calling anyone else a "loser" or whatever. I might call some of you guys sleep-deprived, though :)

I work 6 days a week, average of around 40-45 hours. I spend pretty much all my free time on WoW. My /played at 90 is right around 3 days, which basically means I've played for a few hours every day between other things. It's not important to me whatsoever to be the first at anything.. I'm just enjoying the ride, fishing and farming leathers once dailies are done and valor is capped. (Which you can actually do with nothing but dailies.) I have a total of 40k gold and ilvl 458 on my gear. I haven't done any of the raids or challenge modes. None of my MoP reps are capped except for the Huojin Pandaren, courtesy of the tabard, so I have my dragon turtle.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Tarazet/simple

(ilvl on the pants is wrong, it's 458)

Yoshichan

LFR is up! Let's do it, boys!

crpav

Okay, sorry for going a little overboard with my comment.

Yoshichan

Jade Guardian LFR: Is a joke.

NEXT!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Level 83. :( Only 7 more...

Unrelated, but when should I expect my Monk to get nerfed?

It kind of naturally nerfs itself at 90. They don't suck by any means, but they aren't as ludicrously unstoppable as they are while leveling. My brewmaster is pretty much unkillable in any situation that I've come across, but he's not even 50.

Top Bottom