• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Also, kind of hate that LFR armor uses lame models and not tier models like normal and heroic. I'm not likely to be in a legitimate raiding situation soon or at all this expansion, but I totally love the current warlock tier model.

Oh wait, LFR tier tokens still give LFR sets with real set models. I guess it's all ok then, even though set pieces won't show up until Heart of Fear.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It kind of naturally nerfs itself at 90. They don't suck by any means, but they aren't as ludicrously unstoppable as they are while leveling. My brewmaster is pretty much unkillable in any situation that I've come across, but he's not even 50.

Brewmaster's are sick, but I'm expecting them to be much more vulnerable at 90. I get the feeling Blizzard balanced Monks for raiding/90 content vs leveling. I just hope it doesn't destroy the playability of the class. :|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh, remember the AoE explosion-debuff that gets put on random players (second boss)? Yeah, that's still deadly. I have no idea how LFR is gonna beat this :lol

Oh, remember the AoE explosion-debuff that gets put on random players (second boss)? Yeah, that's still deadly. I have no idea how LFR is gonna beat this :lol

I am definitely going to have to open a few beers tonight while running this to help keep myself in a light mood.

Robin64

Everyone doing LFR right is probably overgeared, given that only people who already raided and got gear are really going to be in there. :\

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am definitely going to have to open a few beers tonight while running this to help keep myself in a light mood.
Way ahead of you :lol I'm having a great time though, listening to people trying to give tips on how to beat this boss... IN LFR. No one is reading!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Way ahead of you :lol I'm having a great time though, listening to people trying to give tips on how to beat this boss... IN LFR. No one is reading!

Reading in LFR?

Yshichn pls.

I do LFR to get loot, fuck everyone else in the raid and my own personal responsibilities in the raid.

Yoshichan

... you can get those fucking sigils (for the legendary quest/gem) from LFR... WHRYYYYYY BLIZZARD!

Garryk

The wife is out of town for work tonight and tomorrow. Time to tape back the eyelids and get my WoW on after work. Now if I could only get a babysitter without her realizing I'm upstairs poopsocking a game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
... you can get those fucking sigils (for the legendary quest/gem) from LFR... WHRYYYYYY BLIZZARD!

You didn't know this? It's gonna certainly take a lot longer due to randomness and everyone out for themself-ism of LFR, but yeah they exist.

Yoshichan

You didn't know this? It's gonna certainly take a lot longer due to randomness and everyone out for themself-ism of LFR, but yeah they exist.
No, I didn't know this... I was expecting Blizzard to make a good choice about something :/ I shouldn't have done that.

JCizzle

It will take significantly longer to make the same amount of progress on that through LFR compared to the other two modes from what I understand.

mclem

No, I didn't know this... I was expecting Blizzard to make a good choice about something :/ I shouldn't have done that.

It's an order of magnitude slower since there's no way to decree that the sigils end up on the same person consistently. I think it's fine.

Anoregon

Oh who cares. So people can get inferior weapons (Due to legendaries being based off Sha-touched drops, an LFR weapon will be worse than a normal/heroic), at a slower pace, than people doing harder content. Where's the problem?

Yoshichan

Meh, it'll still take them ages anyway so I'm not bothered about it. Really.

Yoshichan

Okay so they removed every single mechanic from the third boss, haha!

You seem to be able to enter the spirit realm whenever.
No need to be fully healed.

JCizzle

So this LFR is only 3 bosses from what I read? Is that all the normal modes are right now as well?

Debating whether to do it tonight or during the weekend, looking forward to it!

Entropia

No One Remembers
So this LFR is only 3 bosses from what I read? Is that all the normal modes are right now as well?

Debating whether to do it tonight or during the weekend, looking forward to it!

The LFR is only the first 3 bosses.

Normal mode has all 6 bosses available.

Yoshichan

So this LFR is only 3 bosses from what I read? Is that all the normal modes are right now as well?!
LFR is three bosses. The real deal is all six. Also, LOL:

iYyEsYYTxM0eS.jpg

Anoregon

Yeah, if you look at the LFR drop down window you can see that Mogu vaults is divided into 2 raids, as is Heart of Fear. Just like they did with Dragonsoul.

Fularu

Banned
Not trying to be judgemental or anything, I just think it's a bit much to spend on a virtual life, even though WoW is pretty awesome. I think I had like 28 days in my entire WoW-career and I thought that was alot.

I'm genuinely curious, do you guys have normal lives outside of WoW?

Half of that time was spent idling in orgr. Overall, 200 days over 8 years isn't much

Snagged two items on my lunch break. One ring and a Valor Point neck piece. Ready to rock both LFR and the guild's 25-man Raid tonight.

For those bears out there, here's my toon. I've been aiming more for rage generation with hit/exp cap (soft-cap for exp) and critical strike chance. For mitigation I am working mastery. Stam comes where I can afford it. During raids I consume Mantid and Monk's Elixirs for additional mitigation.

Simply put, I want to be able to proc Savage Defense or Frenzied Regeneration as much as I possibly can.

So far I am doing well in this area. On Sunday, with less gear than I have now, I was able to keep Frenzied Regen up 33% of the time on the Stone Guardians.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
This made me curious what my /played was considering I hadn't checked it in forever. Only 134 days since launch.

Can you even check your total /played across all characters? When i do, it only shows my current character. And my oldest character that I still play is from 2008-2009, but i started back in 2006. I made tons of characters since that day.

Yoshichan

Can you even check your total /played across all characters? When i do, it only shows my current character. And my oldest character that I still play is from 2008-2009, but i started back in 2006. I made tons of characters since that day.
Haha, I don't think Blizzard wants you to know!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, there's like 5 different LFR wings this time - the only one that isn't split up is Terrace of Endless Spring.

Honestly, LFR is fine for me. It's easy to complete, takes no scheduled time out of my life to do and usually gears me up enough to pull off a PUG of the dungeon at some point or another - I don't usually have the urge to complete each dungeon 30 times anyways.

Also, I should have known your character would be named "Yoshichan"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Am I the only one who finds it odd that they made regular raids 2 tiers above heroics, with LFR covering a full tier in the middle, but then they released LFR AFTER the initial raids?

Ultratech

25 Man Dungeon indeed. But then I noticed almost everyone was dead.

That's how I got the Mosh Pit achievement last night, funny enough. The tank and 2 other guys got whacked by the boss' tornado, then I got killed because he started up another tornado right on me, so I couldn't move (I was attempting to have my pet emergency tank).
So that left one guy remaining, but the boss was about dead at that point, so the remaining DoTs finished him off and we got the achievement. lol

From screw up to triumph!

Just did a fast run of all three bosses in LFR (took about 30 minutes). We one shot all of them with little trouble. I used an extra roll on all of the kills and walked away with zero items except a Sigil of Power. Oh well!

Yoshichan

25 Man Dungeon indeed. But then I noticed almost everyone was dead.
Hey, people can die in dungeons too, y'know!

edit: Sheesh. Finally done with the 60+ dailies of today!

Robin64

How do you do so many dailies, every day, without falling asleep? I need a break, every couple of days just avoid dailies..

And they released LFR a week later only because the "proper" raiders were whining like crazy. Apparently if LFR came out at the same time as Normal raids, that means they would HAVE TO do LFR. For some strange stupid reason they think.

Top Bottom