• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How do you do so many dailies, every day, without falling asleep? I need a break, every couple of days just avoid dailies..
Dedication!

Also, kpop!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm digging my DK tank, haven't stepped foot in Outlands since I hit 60, just mad dungeon queues.

Using the Enlightenment buff, there's literally no point in leaving Stormwind/Orgrimmar as a Monk. You outlevel every quest once you exit the five minute DPS queue. I've got four of those 300% XP potions too, but I'm saving those for outlands/Northrend/Cataclysm content.

Aesthet1c

I remember reading something about items that give you extra roles on boss fights. Can anyone tell me where to get those? It's from dailies right?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I remember reading something about items that give you extra roles on boss fights. Can anyone tell me where to get those? It's from dailies right?
You get [Lesser Charm of Good Fortune] from dailies. Trade in 90 of these coins once every week (the quest can be found in the Vale of Eternal Blossom) for 3x [Elder Charm of Good Fortune].

Draxal

You get [Lesser Charm of Good Fortune] from dailies. Trade in 90 of these coins once every week (the quest can be found in the Vale of Eternal Blossom) for 3x [Elder Charm of Good Fortune].

I have a crazy amount of lesser charms ... already finished this reset's weekly, and have enough banked for two more weeks.

Yoshichan

I have a crazy amount of lesser charms ... already finished this reset's weekly, and have enough banked for two more weeks.
Tell me about it.

At least Blizzard made it so that they stack at 180 now (instead of 90).

Yoshichan

do the normal lock out times apply to LFR? so 1 week for each wing?
Normal and LFR has nothing to do with each other. You can get loot from both normal and LFR.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well then. First LFR I was 1-2 dps on each fight, and got a robe and sigil of power. Imokwiththis.gif

Loxley

Just hit 89 and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, not that I haven't been enjoying taking my time leveling through Pandaria - I certainly have. I also randomly got the Achievement for completing 3000 quests (only took me six years of playing the same character :p) and got the Seeker title. Think I'll still keep my old-school Knight-Lieutenant flag flying proudly.

I really can't wait to start doing some heroics and getting geared though, I missed practically all of the end-game content from both WotLK and Cata and promised myself that I will actually make an effort to see as much of the MoP end-game as I possibly can.

Also, I really like that Blizzard have made the world-raid bosses a thing again. I enjoy seeing non-stop groups in trade chat forming to fight the Sha of Anger in Kun-Lai, even stopped questing for a second to watch a group take him on.

JCizzle

Just hit 89 and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, not that I haven't been enjoying taking my time leveling through Pandaria - I certainly have. I also randomly got the Achievement for completing 3000 quests (only took me six years of playing the same character :p) and got the Seeker title. Think I'll still keep my old-school Knight-Lieutenant flag flying proudly.

I really can't wait to start doing some heroics and getting geared though, I missed practically all of the end-game content from both WotLK and Cata and promised myself that I will actually make an effort to see as much of the MoP end-game as I possibly can.

Also, I really like that Blizzard have made the world-raid bosses a thing again. I enjoy seeing non-stop groups in trade chat forming to fight the Sha of Anger in Kun-Lai, even stopped questing for a second to watch a group take him on.

Oh you poor, poor soul.

Just hit 89

and

can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel

Are not compatible at all. :p

The last half of 89->90 was probably the most aggravating leveling experience I can remember in a long ass time. Others likely had a different experience than I did, but it just seemed to drag on and on and on and on...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I didn't run out of quests doing 89-90 myself, but that basically doesn't happen if you will yourself to finish Townlong Steppes instead of just leaving ASAP

mileS

Is Sha of Anger "bugged" or did they suddenly hotfix it to spawn every 10min? Thats what it has been doing on Bleeding Hollow since yesterday.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
WoW-GAF I have an old account and was wondering if there was anyway to try out MoP without having to buy it and game time.
You can get a scroll of Resurrection that gives 7 days, a free upgrade to cataclysm, and a free 80.
You can level a non-monk panda in the panda starting zone. Do pokeman battles. See class and UI changes.

You can't visit the 85-90 Pandaria zones or level a monk unless you buy it.

JCizzle

I didn't run out of quests doing 89-90 myself, but that basically doesn't happen if you will yourself to finish Townlong Steppes instead of just leaving ASAP

I didn't run out either, but it just seemed to take 12093102931023 quests in the Wastes to finally get over the hump to 90.

JesseZao

Dailies are the worst thing to happen to the game. Spin this wheel instead of having fun and we can trick you into wanting to do it.

My pipe dream to return to playing this would be to implement a F2P Dungeon/BG/(arena?) spinoff. If they did that, they'd knock LoL from #1 played game.

TheBez

You can get a scroll of Resurrection that gives 7 days, a free upgrade to cataclysm, and a free 80.
You can level a non-monk panda in the panda starting zone. Do pokeman battles. See class and UI changes.

You can't visit the 85-90 Pandaria zones or level a monk unless you buy it.

I've already been scrolled unfortunately :(

Sarcasm

I didn't run out either, but it just seemed to take 12093102931023 quests in the Wastes to finally get over the hump to 90.

I didn't even get to the Wastes when I hit 90. I was 89 in Kun and hit 90 almost halfway into Townlong. I started doing the dailies and such and still haven't touched Wastes yet.

Woorloog

Banned
I made a Hunter. Played for 5 levels. Meh.
It lacks awesomenes.
It feels like only Warrior, Warlock and Death Knight (don't know about Monk) have this. Warrior feels powerful and brutal even with limited ability selection. Warlock is just plain cool. Death Knight is a hero class, and feels very cool as it should be. The rest... meh.
Too bad DK has frost magic, if those were replaced with fire... I reckon a combination of Warrior and Warlock would be my ideal class, essentially Demon Hunter.

I give up and just play a Warlock.

Salz01

So just figured out that LFR raid loot lock out consists of a week. Yea, that pretty much pisses me off again. Not part of a raiding guild, so can't hit Raid content twice in a week. So pretty much confirms Ill never hit the top tiered Raid content because I won't be able to raise my avg item level for it.

Has anybody ever raised their Avg item level by doing LFR in the previous expansion? I was burnt out of WoW long before this was introduced. It must take like a year to itemize up.

I made a Hunter. Played for 5 levels. Meh.
It lacks awesomenes.
It feels like only Warrior, Warlock and Death Knight (don't know about Monk) have this. Warrior feels powerful and brutal even with limited ability selection. Warlock is just plain cool. Death Knight is a hero class, and feels very cool as it should be. The rest... meh.
Too bad DK has frost magic, if those were replaced with fire... I reckon a combination of Warrior and Warlock would be my ideal class, essentially Demon Hunter.

I give up and just play a Warlock.

I know how you feel. After playing a druid since launch, every other class feels so limited. I have a 50 rogue but all he can do is CC and dps but at least he has stealth, an ability I have grown so used to that I feel naked without it. I have an 85 elemental shaman and 85 shadow priest and they feel totally vulnerable in battlegrounds and limited in overall roles. I usually end up alt speccing those guys to make them healers so I don't have to wait 20 minutes for Instance ques.

I may mess around with other classes, but I am quite obviously a druid at heart and I don't ever see that changing.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So just figured out that LFR raid loot lock out consists of a week. Yea, that pretty much pisses me off again. Not part of a raiding guild, so can't hit Raid content twice in a week. So pretty much confirms Ill never hit the top tiered Raid content because I won't be able to raise my avg item level for it.

Has anybody ever raised their Avg item level by doing LFR in the previous expansion? I was burnt out of WoW long before this was introduced. It must take like a year to itemize up.
Start looking for a raiding guild sooner than later.

Your not guaranteed to get loot weekly in lfr, normal, or heroic.

Woorloog

Banned
I know how you feel. After playing a druid since launch, every other class feels so limited. I have a 50 rogue but all he can do is CC and dps but at least he has stealth, an ability I have grown so used to that I feel naked without it. I have an 85 elemental shaman and 85 shadow priest and they feel totally vulnerable in battlegrounds and limited in overall roles. I usually end up alt speccing those guys to make them healers so I don't have to wait 20 minutes for Instance ques.

I may mess around with other classes, but I am quite obviously a druid at heart and I don't ever see that changing.

It ain't really about limitations for me, though without some things like dual wielding or certain Warlock abilities playing the game feel weird but these are mostly visual or stylistical things (yes, i feel weird while playing a Warlock since i can't DW and i feel weird when playing any other class since i can't DW/don't have Shadowbolt).

I need something that i feel is cool, awesome and powerful. I fell in love with Death Knight when Wrath came, it offered pretty much everything i wanted.
Though now i don't like its frost abilities, or more specifically, their icy effects. Without the effect, i can imagine i'm playing some other class. Also dislike the blue glowing eyes, though those can be covered with a helmet so not a big deal really (except i prefer helmets showing face...).
Maybe i just need to change my attitude, accept the frost spells, make up some some explanation for them (playing on RP server after all).

The fun thing about Death Knight is that it is almost like Warlock, especially nowadays. Unholy specced they have, i think, quite many stylistical similarities to Warlocks, if Warlocks were a melee class.

Ultratech

This was my path from 89-90:
-Finished my remaining questline for Townlong; the swamp stuff
-Did pretty much all of the Dread Wastes storylines except the last Anglers quest or two.

It ain't really about limitations for me, though without some things like dual wielding or certain Warlock abilities playing the game feel weird but these are mostly visual or stylistical things (yes, i feel weird while playing a Warlock since i can't DW and i feel weird when playing any other class since i can't DW/don't have Shadowbolt).

I need something that i feel is cool, awesome and powerful. I fell in love with Death Knight when Wrath came, it offered pretty much everything i wanted.
Though now i don't like its frost abilities, or more specifically, their icy effects. Without the effect, i can imagine i'm playing some other class. Also dislike the blue glowing eyes, though those can be covered with a helmet so not a big deal really (except i prefer helmets showing face...).
Maybe i just need to change my attitude, accept the frost spells, make up some some explanation for them (playing on RP server after all).

The fun thing about Death Knight is that it is almost like Warlock, especially nowadays. Unholy specced they have, i think, quite many stylistical similarities to Warlocks, if Warlocks were a melee class.

Ironically, the original Death Knights were pretty much mounted spellcasters.
Even more so, they were basically made with a combination of slain Warlocks and knights, and were more like Necromancers (this is somewhat reflected in their skills with Ghoul raising and Army of the Dead) who raised fallen soldiers to do their deeds.

Tarazet

So my partner logged on his Rogue to open his Ghost Iron Lockbox. It dropped another Ghost Iron Lockbox. And then he opened that one, and it dropped another Ghost Iron Lockbox. What the balls.

Magnus

So, uh....did two bosses in LFR, boss 2 and 3.

Feng (boss 2) gave me nothing. Not even a Cache with just gold in it. Gara'jal gave me a Cache (with just gold in it) and a Sigil of Power.

So..it's possible to actually receive nothing off a boss in LFR? Like, not even gold? Ridiculous.

Tarazet

Feng (boss 2) gave me nothing. Not even a Cache with just gold in it. Gara'jal gave me a Cache (with just gold in it) and a Sigil of Power.

So..it's possible to actually receive nothing off a boss in LFR? Like, not even gold? Ridiculous.

Did you use your Elder Charms of Good Fortune? There's no way I would do a raid and not use one of those on each boss.

Not receiving anything sounds like a bug. You should always at least be receiving a cache from what I understand.

Woorloog

Banned
Ironically, the original Death Knights were pretty much mounted spellcasters.
Even more so, they were basically made with a combination of slain Warlocks and knights, and were more like Necromancers (this is somewhat reflected in their skills with Ghoul raising and Army of the Dead) who raised fallen soldiers to do their deeds.

Indeed. The irony is not lost to me.
I like it how Blizzard took WC2 DK abilities and WC3 DK abilities for WoW DKs, not just one of them.
In retrospect, it is odd how orcs who were working for the Burning Legion and had Warlocks used mostly death magic and necromancy instead of demonic fel magic before WC3, and then they became proper Warlocks...
I wonder if Warlocks would have gained Death and Decay and some other classic spells if Blizzard had not implemented Death Knight.

Top Bottom