• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Magnus

Did you use your Elder Charms of Good Fortune? There's no way I would do a raid and not use one of those on each boss.

lol, wut? I've done dailies for a few days (couldn't bear doing more than 15 a day for half a week) and don't even have enough for 1 set of Elder Charms, haha.

And I mean, ok, so, bottom line, there is actually a chance of receiving NOTHING from an LFR/Normal raid boss? Not even gold? Which means, there's a chance that even on your re-roll with an Elder Charm, you'll still receive nothing?

Fuck. They've done a really poor job of communicating exactly how the new loot system works as far as I'm concerned. I understand the concept of a personal roll, so that you're not actually competing against other people for specific loot. But it doesn't play out in the UI/on-screen in a comprehensible manner at all.

Here's my understanding of it, tell me if I'm wrong.

in a 25man raid, say, everyone automatically gets a roll from 1-100 that isn't even displayed, and the highest four players get loot. The game automatically assigns something from the boss' loot table to you based on your class and sepc. The remaining 21 players get just gold (although in this LFR I just ran, I actually got nothing at all off a boss).

And then, regardless of how your first roll turns out, you can opt to consume an Elder Charm, which simply gives you another roll (which...I guess...is compared to the initial 25 rolls to see if it garners a piece of loot).

How far off the mark am I?

Tarazet

lol, wut? I've done dailies for a few days (couldn't bear doing more than 15 a day for half a week) and don't even have enough for 1 set of Elder Charms, haha.

And I mean, ok, so, bottom line, there is actually a chance of receiving NOTHING from an LFR/Normal raid boss? Not even gold? Which means, there's a chance that even on your re-roll with an Elder Charm, you'll still receive nothing?

Fuck. They've done a really poor job of communicating exactly how the new loot system works as far as I'm concerned. I understand the concept of a personal roll, so that you're not actually competing against other people for specific loot. But it doesn't play out in the UI/on-screen in a comprehensible manner at all.

Here's my understanding of it, tell me if I'm wrong.

in a 25man raid, say, everyone automatically gets a roll from 1-100 that isn't even displayed, and the highest four players get loot. The game automatically assigns something from the boss' loot table to you based on your class and sepc. The remaining 21 players get just gold (although in this LFR I just ran, I actually got nothing at all off a boss).

And then, regardless of how your first roll turns out, you can opt to consume an Elder Charm, which simply gives you another roll (which...I guess...is compared to the initial 25 rolls to see if it garners a piece of loot).

How far off the mark am I?

I don't know how it's supposed to work, but in Cata I did an LFR Dragon Soul and got only a single bag with gold in it.

Berordn

The loot system for LFR and World bosses is:

1. You kill boss that week
2. Behind the scenes, the game rolls for each character that was tagged for the kill.
3. If the game didn't roll a character in the winning range, they get a bag/box/satchel of gold.
4. If the game did roll in the winning range, they are given a piece of loot deemed appropriate for their spec, or any mounts/novelty items on the loot table.
5. If a character has an Elder Charm of Good Fortune, another optional roll can happen for that character that works the same way.
6. At the raid lockout expiration, characters can repeat the process.

All rolls happen independent of any other outcome. All players could win loot (unlikely) or all players could win nothing (also unlikely).

It was buggy as hell when they applied it to Dragon Soul LFR, but for now it seems to be working fine.

Magnus

The loot system for LFR and World bosses is:

1. You kill boss that week
2. Behind the scenes, the game rolls for each character that was tagged for the kill.
3. If the game didn't roll a character in the winning range, they get a bag/box/satchel of gold.
4. If the game did roll in the winning range, they are given a piece of loot deemed appropriate for their spec, or any mounts/novelty items on the loot table.
5. If a character has an Elder Charm of Good Fortune, another optional roll can happen for that character that works the same way.
6. At the raid lockout expiration, characters can repeat the process.

All rolls happen independent of any other outcome. All players could win loot (unlikely) or all players could win nothing (also unlikely).

It was buggy as hell when they applied it to Dragon Soul LFR, but for now it seems to be working fine.

Oh, so it's not the 4 highest rolls? It's just (for example) all the rolls above say, 90, or whatever?

I also got confused, because, anecdotally speaking, everyone I've heard say they used an Elder Charm got a piece of gear. This made me think using a Charm guaranteed loot, perhaps...?

JCizzle

2 hour wait as a tank for LFR apparently. Ughhhhhhhhhh. Kind of sucks you get pretty much the best deal for 5 mans, but the absolute worst for raids. Talk about two extremes :-/

Neki

2 hour wait as a tank for LFR apparently. Ughhhhhhhhhh. Kind of sucks you get pretty much the best deal for 5 mans, but the absolute worst for raids. Talk about two extremes :-/

2 spots for tanks, 17 spots for dps, 6 spots for healers, tanks are usually the most geared, meaning they're probably going to be queueing the most in LFR early in it's life.

JCizzle

2 spots for tanks, 17 spots for dps, 6 spots for healers, tanks are usually the most geared, meaning they're probably going to be queueing the most in LFR early in it's life.

Even then, I remember waiting 7 minutes the first day DS LFR hit as a tank. I'm cool with that, but something seems really off considering those ratios haven't changed. First day and all that though, so I'll hold off on rerolling to DPS for now lol.

Berordn

Oh, so it's not the 4 highest rolls? It's just (for example) all the rolls above say, 90, or whatever?

I also got confused, because, anecdotally speaking, everyone I've heard say they used an Elder Charm got a piece of gear. This made me think using a Charm guaranteed loot, perhaps...?

Correct, though you'll never know what you rolled. Just if you won or not.

And I can assure you that a Charm is not guaranteed loot. Just... trust me on that one.

Ultratech

I've heard winning nothing is pretty rare, given you normally get the goodie bag of Gold.

I did LFR earlier and didn't win any loot other than the bags, but got 2 Sigils of Power which was nice. (I guess they roll separately from everything else...)

We actually didn't do too bad. 1st bosses went down ok, 2nd boss gave us issues with the Arcane crap, but they managed to win. 3rd went ok too, though people weren't really going into the Spirit Realm (only a few of us went from what I saw).

Also got Brewmaster and upgraded some more gear, so now I got nothing below ilvl 450. :D

Think I'll save my Charms for actual Normal/Heroic Raids or the World Bosses.

Berordn

How does LFR work? How come sometimes I can queue but other times I can't?

Guardians of Mogu'shan, the first three bosses of Mogu'shan Vaults are currently available after you reach an average itemlevel of 463. The other instances are unavailable because they're not open yet.

Dresden

h2ddX.jpg

That's . . . quite a long time.

Tarazet

My progress is feeling reeeeeeeally slow, but I finally reached 460 ilvl on my Druid tank. Our Priest healer is 464 and we have a Warlock and a Hunter each at 463. Ready to try an LFR this week.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hmm, I'm so tired... when does the Sha/Galleon-loot thingy restart? I killed him a couple of days ago; if I kill them now, will I get loot?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
weekly raid reset, you can do it again.

also, FUCK stormstout brewery. Stupid shit.
Thank you ♥ all these different reset times is confusing me... well, especially when I'm super tired ,_,

Also ♥ you will get gold Stormstout soon! I can feel it!

Raskett

Does anyone know if it is possible to queue for Dragon Soul at level 90 using the LFR?

I missed it and am interested in going back to check it out. Thanks

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wouldn't use all of my Elder Charms if a) I thought I would be doing a regular raid that I could use the charm on; or b) I already had all the loot off of that boss.

I got a bracer using a Charm and just won a pair of boots outright in LFR this week. That's probably 5 LFR's worth of luck, unfortunately.

Robin64

Wearing PvP items to easily boost ilvl to get into LFR is okay now right guys? I remember Blizz saying something about how the items are a lot closer now or something.

Rokam

Wearing PvP items to easily boost ilvl to get into LFR is okay now right guys? I remember Blizz saying something about how the items are a lot closer now or something.

Well I wouldn't have 463 ilvl without pvp gear, I was #1 dps on all the bosses. I'd say it's okay. Just make sure you're hit capped and all is well.

Also fuck you LFR... gave me a downgrade.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
89 mofos.

I'll prob farm ghost iron, get someone to craft a full pvp set, and start lfr right away or shortly after along with heroics.

Sarcasm

So what class should I do PvP with? Keep in mind I only have a 90 druid which I plan to tank with.

85 Hunter
85 Warrior
85 Paladin
85 Lock
82 Shaman

Rokam

So what class should I do PvP with? Keep in mind I only have a 90 druid which I plan to tank with.

85 Hunter
85 Warrior
85 Paladin
85 Lock
82 Shaman

Well hunters and warriors are pretty ridiculous right now. So.. one of them till they get nerfed!

Nugg

Do we know if the 10 minutes Sha of Anger thing is a bug? Or did they hotfix him to make him less of a pain in the ass?

Yoshichan

So what is the official timer on Galleon nowadays?

Yoshichan

Wait what? A friend just told me that the PvP honor gear is only 458 not 463. CONFIRM/DENY
They got nerfed about a week ago, so yes :3

Rokam

You can still get a couple epics to balance it out, hell I'm still wearing green pants, because Scarlet Halls is full of dicks.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Anywys, it's pretty much retarded. Instead of dealing with dungeon bullshit and letting the game do the work with the lfr loot to even out frustration, you got to cheese and suffer to get into LFR. Well how aboot that, my ilvl is higher with dis tank gearz. They are just asking for off-spec needing out the ass. Unless I'm unaware about something.

lordmrw

Oh you poor, poor soul.

and

Are not compatible at all. :p

The last half of 89->90 was probably the most aggravating leveling experience I can remember in a long ass time. Others likely had a different experience than I did, but it just seemed to drag on and on and on and on...

Its mostly because you don't get any new dungeons to run once you hit 89, just the same 4 that you've more than likely run dozens of times up to that point. Why they left Siege of Nizuao Temple and Gate of the Setting Sun as heroic only I don't know. I cringed when I hit 89 Friday afternoon and saw the same 4 dungeons. It took until Monday afternoon for me to hit 90.

Robin64

Blizzard: "You can choose either PvP or PvE in MoP as long as you choose PvE."

Edit: I'm just pissed off that Blizzard have made entry into LFR so "hard" (read: annoying) for everyone except people who don't need to be in there.

Yoshichan

The Shadow-Pan dailies, combined with the achievements attached to it are so fucking retarded. It's actually sad how mentally ill Blizzard, as a company, must be in order to create such shitfest.

Yoshichan

In combat-bug for 15 minutes now. Relogging doesn't work. Running half the map doesn't work.

Holy shit, Cataclysm is approaching the better expansion - and quick!

ch0mp

There's no difference anymore. PvP stats are not counted in the budget. Altough you will find PvP gear will lack hit/exp.

Top Bottom