• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

mclem

Goddamn I loved riding up to those hilltops in Jade Forest.

Now I can just fly there.

SOOOOOO not the same.

And *that* is why I didn't buy my flying mount until I'd done Loremaster :)

Is your 'saved' status for the world bosses recorded anywhere? I didn't see my Sha of Anger kill in the raid info tab, at least.

Still on 457, no luck with drops yesterday, although I helped some other guildies get gear. That said, it's probably better that other guild tanks get to go in today's 10-man, anyway, and I'm sowing the seeds for a big organised guild LFR on Monday rather than people doing it in drips and drabs so we get some community time - and it gives most people an extra weekend to get geared.

mclem

How did you use all six of them on three bosses O_O? Did you do it twice? lol

Wait, so you can use a coin to buy an extra roll *on a boss you've killed before this lockout*? That's intriguing - it gives reasons for people who've 'done their LFR' to still come along and help out.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Using coins in normal is a waste, let alone LFR :lol

Yes, it is clearly better to hit the cap of 10 and let them rot because you aren't doing heroics.

I ROLL MY EYES AT THEE, YOSHI. WITH EXTREME FEROCITY.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Got two new items on lfr

Used all 6 of my gold lucky coins

Wait, what? I thought you could only use the coins once and only if you were eligible for loot from the boss?

Using coins in normal is a waste, let alone LFR :lol

LFR - possibly. (I wasted 2? :()

Normal mode - if the boss has something that you want that he didn't drop, no.

This depends on the progression of your guild as well. I imagine my guild will be in normal modes for at least 1 more week, so I don't see the harm in using a coin or two if the boss drops something I need.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yes, it is clearly better to hit the cap of 10 and let them rot because you aren't doing heroics.

I ROLL MY EYES AT THEE, YOSHI. WITH EXTREME FEROCITY.
Hey, if you wanna let them rot - that's your choice. I'll be doing heroic bosses before they grow old, Don't be hatin' just because you ain't good 'nuff!
This depends on the progression of your guild as well. I imagine my guild will be in normal modes for at least 1 more week, so I don't see the harm in using a coin or two if the boss drops something I need.
Oh, absolutely. It is highly varied depending on your raiding progression-situation.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is there any confirmation if coin rolls can result in Legendary sigils? The one I got was from the boss kill itself, but it stands to reason loot is loot and it should work.

Also Yoshi, the reason I don't do heroics is because I'm too pro. I don't have the patience anymore to deal with people who hold the raid back, which I had to deal with for pretty much all of cataclysm, and recruiting on my server was always a fruitless nightmare.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is there any confirmation if coin rolls can result in Legendary sigils? The one I got was from the boss kill itself, but it stands to reason loot is loot and it should work.
Oh, I would love to know this as-well!

edit: I hear you Anoregon. I seriously do, and I wish I would do the same. This game is causing me to panic and stress much more than it should be doing.

Had three when I joined the first lfr, spend all three and got one purple

Went to the lucky coins trader, so got another 3 and spent all three again and got another purple

Not gonna be playing wow for a month, so gotta gather as much healing gear as i can

sazzy

I wonder who the Dumb Fuck Cunt at Blizzard was who decided that, "Hey guys! I'm a Dumb Fuck Cunt! To my make myself a more of a Dumb Fuck Cunt, I'm going to make you do QUESTS to do new awesome amazing new dungeons at level 90! And I'm going to arbitrarily call them Heroic! Because I'm a Dumb Fuck Cunt!"

Yoshichan

sazzy, lay of those drinks :/

Anoregon

I wonder who the Dumb Fuck Cunt at Blizzard was who decided that, "Hey guys! I'm a Dumb Fuck Cunt! To my make myself a more of a Dumb Fuck Cunt, I'm going to make you do QUESTS to do new awesome amazing new dungeons at level 90! And I'm going to arbitrarily call them Heroic! Because I'm a Dumb Fuck Cunt!"

...wat? Hitting the heroic queue ilvl doesn't take much, and certainly shouldn't take so much extra questing/effort to elicit this kind of anger. MABBE U DOIN IT RONG?

Yoshichan

Didn't they even, like, reduce the ilvl required for heroics or something :lol?

Robin64

Hehe. Dumb fuck cunts.
But yea, MoP was promised to be "play how you want, get rewarded for doing what you want to do" and it's not.

Yoshichan

Yep I do. 4000 Jp and 1500 Hp.
Go spend them on 458-gear then! Taolong Steppes -> Niazou Temple -> two merchants; one sells VP-stuff and the other sells JP-stuff!

Knch

At least you didn't overuse the D-word...

(And what quest do you "need" to do, to do heroics? Or are you talking about the LFG gear-requirement which was in about as long as we've had LFG?)

filipe

I have to be possibly the worst DK player around, and probably one of the worst overall players. Quests are easy to get through without ever dying but I can't seem to be of any real value to my party.

Anyone have any tips/pointers or maybe some links to proper DK builds? I really want to play dungeons but don't want to hear "you suck" every dungeon I play in. Currently level 86.

Any help is really appreciated peeps.

Ultratech

Does anyone know if it is possible to queue for Dragon Soul at level 90 using the LFR?

I missed it and am interested in going back to check it out. Thanks

Nope, it won't show up in the queue at 90, unless there's another way to get to it...

I'm gonna say no based on what I've read. Seems that if it drops on Normal/Heroic, everyone can loot it who has the quest, so it's probably a separate roll. I guess it probably works the same for LFR, maybe?

Anoregon

Yea, I was jumping back and forth b/w Wilds, Valley and Summit.

Well, that was kind of a mistake. Dread wastes greens are 437 and it has some 450 blue quest rewards. I found the whole leveling/gearing for heroic process very natural. I hit 90 with an avg ilvl of like 438 or something, I think I needed 1 upgrade to queue.

I didn't touch Wilds, so that made valley-kunlai-townlong-dreadwastes progression very seemless and I always completed a zone right around the time I was the intended level for the next zone.

Anoregon

Who is selling the JP gear? I can look the place/point up on wowhead.

There are two vendors for all Justice and Valor gear at Niuzao temple in Townlong. They are around the like southeastern edge of the structure, sort of where that one yak is for the missing dad quest.

edit: ultratech'd.

Yoshichan

Found him!
Just buy whatever gear you can. You need rep for most of the VP-gear, but you should still be able to buy tons of good upgrades.

Top Bottom