• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Less than 10 points away from "heroics" now :D

If you really want to get into heroics and have more gold than common sense, on the great wall (forget what its actually called), where you start Dread Wastes you can buy 437 greens for gold. Since they lowered the requirements to 435 those would get you into heroics.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's the fourth person since MoP-launch that's being a racist towards me, and also the fourth ban I will have the satisfaction to give out :)

Good bye, sad fucks.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Racism how? Specific nationality, just European, what? The hell happened?
Does it really matter? Racism is racism, no matter how it's formed :p Anyway, let's not talk about this.
Got my Alani kill and mount earlier, that last Skyshard took so many kills to get. Now for three weeks of dailies so I can use the damned thing!
Grats! True dedication!
editing cuz Yoshi doesn't want to talk about it.

/hug
Most people just think I'm Chinese, straight up.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Got my Alani kill and mount earlier, that last Skyshard took so many kills to get. Now for three weeks of dailies so I can use the damned thing!

Jesus christ, have you been farming vale mobs all day every day for 2 weeks or what?

All told it took about five days of pretty hardcore farming, and like goblins, pirates and syndicate mobs before them, I'll be glad to never see another Trickster in my life.

Entropia

No One Remembers
All told it took about five days of pretty hardcore farming, and like goblins, pirates and syndicate mobs before them, I'll be glad to never see another Trickster in my life.

Yeah, I'd rather just get them "naturally" if at all possible, lol

@Yoshichan: Remember how i was >:| about my Golden Lotus rep? This morning when I did my dailies, the first mob dropped a cache key -_- I could've went and got a chest right away but I waited for my Revered quests... the chest had the Rare and Epic versions of the rep item thing :lol

RPGCrazied

A few questions.

1.) Where does Chen Stormstout run off to after helping him in the dread wastes?
2.) How do you continue the Lorewalkers stuff? I cleared the bookshelf, but can't seem to find anything else. I'm still Neutral with them.
3.) Does the Order of the Cloud Serpents only have 3 dailies? Damn this is going to take forever getting to exalted.

Robin64

2.) How do you continue the Lorewalkers stuff? I cleared the bookshelf, but can't seem to find anything else. I'm still Neutral with them.

You have to explore Pandaria and find all the lore objects. Completing a set will get you a quest to hand in to them. All objects = Exalted.

Entropia

No One Remembers
A few questions.

1.) Where does Chen Stormstout run off to after helping him in the dread wastes?
3.) Does the Order of the Cloud Serpents only have 3 dailies? Damn this is going to take forever getting to exalted.

1) I'm not sure. I think to find more of his family/relatives?

2) http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...rewalkers-get-your-own-disc-flying-cloud.html This involves finding all the lore items across Pandaria. Finding them all will get you exalted with them.

3) I just did 1 day of them, but I had several quests. There was one for each of the secondary professions - Fishing, Cooking, First Aid and Arch.

Sarcasm

Yeah, I'd rather just get them "naturally" if at all possible, lol

@Yoshichan: Remember how i was >:| about my Golden Lotus rep? This morning when I did my dailies, the first mob dropped a cache key -_- I could've went and got a chest right away but I waited for my Revered quests... the chest had the Rare and Epic versions of the rep item thing :lol

When can you use the keys? I got two and I am only friendly.

ampere

So the other day we did Temple of the Jade Serpent challenge mode and after messing up on Wise Mari and resetting twice, we got Silver just barely.

Then we tried Scarlet Halls and god... throwing the dog food well is so essential it sucks when you mess up. When I got globaled later on by two 250k holy fires we gave up for the night.

Then last night we tried Shado Pan Monastery since it was the daily, and god wtf. We never reset, so we were really just trying to progress and learn the place. It took us 2 hours and many wipes on a few of the bosses. Only the second boss was a one shot. Wow challenge modes. I see why people like Yanger have fun with them... they might actually get challenged by this things, at least trying to get gold. I think our goal is to try for silver in all of them eventually and get the mount.

Damn you cray

Post a picture when you finally can ride it!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I must get golds in all challenge modes. It is currently my primary goal of the expansion, above any raiding achievements or legendary stuff. That warlock set is fucking amazing.

Sarcasm

Also you guys are liars lol...

I have gotten 0 skills up in cooking and its been a couple resets already. I done the dailies few times too.

Also dailies reset at 4 AM PST right?

-Dismounting players on 2-person mounts when crossing zone borders still happens.

-"In combat" bug still happens...cannot drop aggro sometimes no matter what.

Annoying!

TheYanger

quoting works like Dick on my phone so i won't try. what was your group comp? once you start getting used to how top proceed they get a LOT easier. I would say the hardest by far are storm stout and Scarlet monastery. I've Got videos of every one i may comment on and pot on YouTube soon, for now they're all on twitch if you want to get an idea.
easiest to hardest:
Scarlet halls
gate of the setting sun
scholomance
Jade serpent
mogushan palace
niuzao temple
shadopan
scarlet monastery
storm stout

Yoshichan

-Dismounting players on 2-person mounts when crossing zone borders still happens.

-"In combat" bug still happens...cannot drop aggro sometimes no matter what.

Annoying!
Fall off a cliff :/ That'll make you get out of combat.

Salz01

So I'm confused again. If I cleared all the LFR bosses, and got a sack,of gold loot from each one. I'm locked out that whole week from LFR and not eligible to get a purple drop or even more gold loot right? So I don't even waste my time this week with LFR. Or does it only lock me out if I happen to get a piece of purple loot from that boss?

Yoshichan

So I'm confused again. If I cleared all the LFR bosses, and got a sack,of gold loot from each one. I'm locked out that whole week from LFR and not eligible to get a purple drop or even more gold loot right? So I don't even waste my time this week with LFR. Or does it only lock me out if I happen to get a piece of purple loot from that boss?
Yes. Once you've killed the bosses, you won't be able to get neither loot nor gold from them until next week when it resets.

Salz01

Yes. Once you've killed the bosses, you won't be able to get neither loot nor gold from them until next week when it resets.
This is dead to me. I got my hopes up again. LFR will be a dead waste land on Sunday, Monday. I hit my item gear cap, and there is, save some enchants, no way for me to itemize up on my lock. I can't even grind out valor points for equipment because of the valor token drops needed for the sets.
The whole allure of LFR is to play and Raid when I want to, not because of a guild saying or telling me when I need to raid. I'm totally fine for raiding on items with lesser stats, than people who have the time or willingness to Raid with guilds. I know this is an age old debate with wow. I was hoping they finally found a solution.

Minus joining a raiding guild, I could cancel my sub, wait till they release all LFR raid content in the coming months. Raid it all ,which would take a week to clear it all. Then Hope that others have higher gear and increase my chances for the drops.

TheYanger

I'm confused what your issue is.
lfr will be ready to go whenever you want. you only Get loot once a week but that's the only restriction

This is dead to me. I got my hopes up again. LFR will be a dead waste land on Sunday, Monday. I hit my item gear cap, and there is, save some enchants, no way for me to itemize up on my lock. I can't even grind out valor points for equipment because of the valor token drops needed for the sets.
The whole allure of LFR is to play and Raid when I want to, not because of a guild saying or telling me when I need to raid. I'm totally fine for raiding on items with lesser stats, than people who have the time or willingness to Raid with guilds. I know this is an age old debate with wow. I was hoping they finally found a solution.

Minus joining a raiding guild, I could cancel my sub, wait till they release all LFR raid content in the coming months. Raid it all ,which would take a week to clear it all. Then Hope that others have higher gear and increase my chances for the drops.

I am really confused about what you were looking for with LFR. Did you think you could run it as many times as you want during the week?

Yoshichan

I don't get it :/

Entropia

No One Remembers

I'll add in the "I'm confused" post as well.

LFR is different from a normal/heroic mode raid in that it's meant to be puggable.

If I kill a boss on normal, I can't go back and kill it and get loot again until the raid reset on Tuesday. With LFR you can actually kill the boss as many times as you want, you just won't get any loot.

You can run LFR at anytime that you want, you will only get loot once. You'd be surprised how many people will run it at any given time. You won't have any problems being able to raid whenever you want to.

Salz01

I am really confused about what you were looking for with LFR. Did you think you could run it as many times as you want during the week?

I know I can run it as much as I want per week. But after being locked out, with no loot, then there is no point to run it again. Minus valor points, with nothing to spend it on.
To me it would make sense, that per boss, if I received loot. It would lock me out again from receiving loot from that boss till it reset the next week.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I know I can run it as much as I want per week. But after being locked out, with no loot, then there is no point to run it again. Minus valor points, with nothing to spend it on.
To me it would make sense, that per boss, if I received loot. It would lock me out again from receiving loot from that boss till it reset the next week.

So, what you are asking for is this:

You kill Boss A, Boss B and Boss C on Tuesday.

Boss A doesn't give you loot, Boss B gives you loot, Boss C doesn't give you loot.

You want to be able to run it again, on Thursday:

Boss A can give you loot, Boss B cannot give you loot because you already received loot from him, Boss C can give you loot.

The next Tuesday all 3 bosses can drop loot again.

Salz01

So, what you are asking for is this:

You kill Boss A, Boss B and Boss C on Tuesday.

Boss A doesn't give you loot, Boss B gives you loot, Boss C doesn't give you loot.

You want to be able to run it again, on Thursday:

Boss A can give you loot, Boss B cannot give you loot because you already received loot from him, Boss C can give you loot.

The next Tuesday all 3 bosses can drop loot again.

How can we get this implemented? This is perfect.

Salz01

Probably by making your own MMO. I won't say it's never coming to WoW, but I would be highly surprised if it ever did.

But it should. It still doesn't guarantee that I will get a drop, it just doesn't lock me out. It's still fair for Guilds when they run through it. Because its the same 25 people raiding, so sooner or later you'll get something with that process. Probably even faster, and with better stats.

Why should LFR behave differently than normal raids in this regard though? Just because the iLevel of the items is lower than Normal and Heroics? Also if you thought raiders complained about being forced to run LFR as well before, damn this would cause an uproar.

Entropia

No One Remembers
How can we get this implemented? This is perfect.

Sorry, but this is will never happen. And it's actually in both your and Blizzard's best interest.

For you, it means you run LFR once. Whether you win something or not is completely random. If you win something off each boss - awesome! You can also use the Good Luck Charms for an extra shot on that kill if you didn't win an item (a weekly quest gets you 3 of these if you have done dailies and have 90 of the lesser charms). It also means you only have to set aside 1-2 hours to do LFR once a week. This means you can do other content in the game (Dailies, Heroics, profession related stuff).

For Blizzard, it means that you're going to keep playing and doing LFR. If you didn't win something you wanted off a boss, and you're striving to gear up, you'll want to keep going in there to fill in the missing gaps in your gear. And by only doing it once a week, it means that you can do the other content that Blizzard has made available and can help gear you up. Doing things like dailies earns you valor points, and reputation with the factions you did dailies for which let's you buy gear.

Top Bottom