• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

TheYanger

To get gold you just can't take the time to CC things? Man there are some pulls in Shado Pan Monastery that I just don't understand how you could do with CC (ex: after Master Snowdrift with the Sha packs, some of the mobs would hit me for 200k per melee it seemed)

I'm going to take your advice and just watch lots of videos on whichever one we're going for. Some of these seem completely impossible right now, but obviously they aren't, but yeah I'll read up on them more

That one is an invis pot section. That video is long so it's still processing but you can see it easy. In fact...shadopan on the whole was a LOT easier than I anticipated. That stuff hits just as hard on heroic as on challenge mode.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Recruited a friend!

"You received a month of free game time"
"You received an exclusive in-game mount"

:D Anyone know what mount it is I get?

I have the Obsidian Nightwing and I really do think it is one of the best looking mounts in the game. It's not too big and has a very sleek profile both flying and on the ground. The ability to add a rider is just icing on the cake. This is my go to, all purpose mount. Remember that this particular mount is not account wide, so choose your character carefully!

Speaking of... I have some ideas about how to improve mounts and druids. Basically, why would a druid ever use any other mount over fight form (other than areas where it is restricted)? Blizzard really, really needs to make all flying mounts for druids insta cast just like our bird form is. This is a pretty big annoyance to me. Furthermore, for both rogues and druids, our non combat pets need to stealth when we do. As it stands right now we cannot have pets out during any type of PvP scenerio because they stay visible the entire time. It seems like a pretty easy thing to tweak.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't get the concept of the Onyx Jeweled Panther. It looks just like the Obsidian Nightwing without wings and is no better than the other jeweled panthers.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It has more jewels attached to it :3

CassSept

As someone who retired from WoW two years ago, I only wanted to chime in.

Pandaria is awesome. That's all. Really though, I'm in love with the new xpac.

PatzCU

As someone who retired from WoW two years ago, I only wanted to chime in.

Pandaria is awesome. That's all. Really though, I'm in love with the new xpac.

Agreed! I canceled my sub for the first time since launch last year but got suckered back into this xpac (even though I swore I wouldn't!). I've gotta say, I'm really loving it. It feels like a combination of the best aspects of each expansion rolled into one. The sense of exploration and discovery from BC, the mild phasing and flowing quest structure from WotLK, and the overall gameplay streamlining from Cata. Of course, there is a lot of great new stuff too like new talent trees, pet battles, and incredible art.

I've also gotta add that Ret Pally feels fun for the first time since Holy Power/Inquisition was added. It almost feels like Frost DK with the pace of instant procs. Really looking forward to hitting 90 for achievement hunting and challenge modes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kind of random, but I honestly don't think people would have complained so much about phasing if they could somehow make it so you never saw stuff phase out. The only reason people ever really hated it was that nodes would vanish because you could see them from a certain distance (which still happens)

ampere

That one is an invis pot section. That video is long so it's still processing but you can see it easy. In fact...shadopan on the whole was a LOT easier than I anticipated. That stuff hits just as hard on heroic as on challenge mode.

Somehow I forgot all about those. I remember how useful those were for soloing Vortex Pinnacle in crappy gear at 85, we'll have to make sure to stockpile them and kill the minimum amount of trash when going for a good time then.

Sophia

Kind of random, but I honestly don't think people would have complained so much about phasing if they could somehow make it so you never saw stuff phase out. The only reason people ever really hated it was that nodes would vanish because you could see them from a certain distance (which still happens)

Vanishing nodes SUUUCKS, but it's not as bad anymore. The most annoying aspect of phasing is the popping in and out of models.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Did you just hit honored/revered/whatever with Golden Lotus? Cause my Treasure daily broke as well on the day I crossed one of those thresholds (didn't get one.)

Yeah, but I got a friend from another server to invite me. He wasn't bugged on that so he killed it and I got credit...

The Helm quest is still bugged :<

TheYanger

Gold should be reachable without invis pots. Makes me sad.

Invis pots have their own tradeoffs, they put your dps potions on insane CDs, basically meaning none in many instances. You rarely skip many mobs, conversely rogues can help with this issue by using their AE stealth instead.

There are a lot of problems in CMs, and I don't like all the consumable usage, but I think invis pots lend a lot of creativity to it, those are the one consumable I'm all for. You have to kill X amount of trash in each one too, so you have to get pretty exact in some cases and in many you can't really bother with a potion because there's nowhere worth using it. Far worse is that resetting it doesn't reset your cooldowns like a raid boss. REALLY need this implemented. Easily half of our time spent learning these is sitting around waiting on cooldowns.

Watching the videos, it dosn't look like Vaults Gold is even possible without the invis pot skip, which is where I draw the line on consumable usage. It would be a different story if the pots were buying you 60+ seconds under the gold mark. There are ways to solve this without barring their use, like forcing predictable patrol spawns and locations on every reset of the map, but as it stands it's too convenient and therefore mandatory for Gold in CMs.

ampere

Yeah, but I got a friend from another server to invite me. He wasn't bugged on that so he killed it and I got credit...

The Helm quest is still bugged :<

The helm quest is the revered one? It's not in the Guo-Lai halls, it's above it in the lake, unless there is something bugged up there?

JCizzle

Anyone else have a bug where the enlightenment buff for their monk just doesn't run out? It just keeps running to 0 then resetting.

Ultratech

I have not used any glyphs on any of my characters even my main that I am only working on. Did they purposely made them meh?

Eh...sorta.

Before, they were damn near mandatory if you wanted more powerful attacks/skills and stuff. That, and some glyphs were obviously more superior than others giving you a clear advantage over others who didn't have 'em. (That and it figures into the whole "cookie cutter" thing demanding you have specific X glyphs in order to be efficient.)

The new glyphs offer a little more flexibility in options, and most aren't considered totally necessary, but still help out considerably (the minor ones now are typically just cosmetic stuff you could literally do without). Some of 'em have their advantages and drawbacks.

I have not used any glyphs on any of my characters even my main that I am only working on. Did they purposely made them meh?

The minor ones are all completely passable. Major ones too, mostly. Depends on the class. I tanked a heroic as Blood awhile back without any glyphs, only realizing it later (not that it's hard content).

They way the new talents work has sort of superseded the position that glyphs used to be in.

There's still some useful/gamechanging stuff in there, but as mentioned, it affects some classes more than others.

Magnus

Why am I so bad at making money in this fucking game. How do you do it.

I have 600 Alch, 600 Ench, 540 JC, 300 Mining. I do what I can with my Living Steel and Sha Crystal transmutes every day, and that's all I got.

I guess I gotta farm with that miner once he's over 525.

Anyone else have a bug where the enlightenment buff for their monk just doesn't run out? It just keeps running to 0 then resetting.
Yeah it just stays at 0 until I zone into a new area such as a dungeon or other continents.

I should've bought the Pandaren Monk when it was on sale before launch. Would've been nice to have it run around with my Pandaren Monk.

TheYanger

Fuck yes.
eoAB6.jpg

Finally!

Westlo

Why am I so bad at making money in this fucking game. How do you do it.

I have 600 Alch, 600 Ench, 540 JC, 300 Mining. I do what I can with my Living Steel and Sha Crystal transmutes every day, and that's all I got.

I guess I gotta farm with that miner once he's over 525.

Market is stuffed atm, if this was Cata before patch 4.1 for instance all you would have to do is The Obsidium Shuffle and you would print money. Back than uncommon cut gems vendored for 9g, jc/prospecting was a license to print money.

Me personally have made about 40k this past week from Heirloom enchants (2h agil sells really well @ 1200g a pop), darkmoon cards, as well as darkmoon quest turnins in addition living steel, meta gems and glyphs (actually sold one for 500g today, /faints. of course today out of the 120 glyphs I list via TSM only 1 was over my threshold of 80g....)

If there's any real good tips atm than top goldmakers are keeping it to themselves, as they should.

Anyway I recommend you just buy stacks of ghost Iron under 100g and prospect them, sell every blue (should get @ least 1 per stack) on the AH, which should be 150-250g depending on the type. Any extras is just gravy on top, you can make money that way, just tedious. Don't even bother cutting any gems, the rares are more valuable right now since needed for Primal Diamond Transmutes, JC Research as well as the JC Panther mounts.

Also look into cooking, I haven't done it myself but it should be very profitable.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
second week of raiding, and probably not going to be taken at all this week by the looks of it. I was in the first two days we were raiding but was basically in greens at the bottom of dps lol

wonder how long i'll get sat for. i get really insecure about this stuff. if i become full time back up i dont know if i'm going to enjoy this game much anymore because progression raiding is what i have the most fun with :p

guess i should get back into soloing content. that always seems to occupy me for a couple hours at a time.

Neki

finally got exalted with order of the cloud serpent, the mount moves way too much for me when it flies though, maybe I'll get used to it.

Angry Grimace

Elder Charms are one of the more interesting concepts Blizzard has put into the game. I really like those "second rolls" on loot. (Particularly since I seem to get loot from them a lot)

Trickster

Is that pet that comes with digital download deluxe?

No, that is the next 20$ blizzard store pet.

On another note. It's hilarious to see how shitty the "best" 10 man guilds in the world were, now that paragon has gone 10 man. Only 10 man guild to have killed more than 2 heroic mode bosses. They're up at 5 out of 6 kills now :lol

Sarcasm

No, that is the next 20$ blizzard store pet.

On another note. It's hilarious to see how shitty the "best" 10 man guilds in the world were, now that paragon has gone 10 man. Only 10 man guild to have killed more than 2 heroic mode bosses. They're up at 5 out of 6 kills now :lol

Care to link the pet? I been trying I swear.

Rokam

Hooray, exalted Tillers, farm fully upgraded. Should hit exalted with Anglers in a couple days, only the big ones left now.

Top Bottom