• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Server restart ,_, noooooooo!

ampere

Fuck yes.
eoAB6.jpg

Finally!

On Mal'ganis in particular that's quite an achievement, congrats

Ultratech

yeah, imagine having the mount + having an item that makes you astral (just like in the Elegon fight)! I would pay... lots o_o

Well, it's not quite Astral, but you could use Aqua Jewel and turn yourself translucent blue. (Not to mention being able to move faster underwater, breathe underwater, and in semi-active Camouflage!)

Also applies to your mounts as well. I like using it for the effects mostly.

Berordn

So... does Challenge Conqueror Gold entitle all your 90 characters to that Challenge Mode armor or do they have to earn it themselves?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi, does the Master Plower thing mean I won't have the stupid mobs to fight before tilling soil?
You still have to :( Sorry...

Yoshichan

Did they buff Windsong recently? I remember when I first got the enchant, a week or so ago, it NEVER proc'd. Now I'm getting procs consistently, like, all the time!

ciVIp.png

Yoshichan

Yes. Should proc more/better for DoT/Hot classes.
That's awesome! I can't find anything about this any MMO-champ logs though o_o weird.

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7540458

World of Warcraft PTR Patch 5.1.0

General

The Pandaren Campaign begins!

The conflict between the Horde and the Alliance has ignited a new series of daily quests along the shore of the Krasarang Wilds.
Players can visit their faction strongholds in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to begin the quest to summon their war fleets to the continent of Pandaria. (Please note: The Alliance version of this quest is not yet complete, but will still unlock the new missions and features).
Players will both valiantly defend their faction’s outpost and assault the opposing faction's headquarters.
Two new Reputations have been added: Alliance players can earn reputation with Operation: Shieldwall, while Horde players will curry favor with the Dominance Offensive.
Players can slay rival NPCs and opposing faction players along the shore to earn commissions that can be spent to upgrade their faction's base.
Look for strategic objectives to capture, including graveyards and towers. Commissions can be spent to recruit guards that will help protect this captured territory!
Players who are truly dedicated to their faction can spend their commissions on an item that will give their fellows an extra reputation group quest for the day. Horde players can speak with Ongrom Black Tooth, while Alliance players can contact Proveditor Grantley for details.

Pet Battles

A new item has been introduced that can be used to upgrade the quality of Battle Pets: Battle-stones.

Battle-stones are available in two basic types, general purpose Battle-stones that can be used to upgrade the quality of any pet, and family specific Battle-stones, which can only be used to upgrade pets of a specific pet family.
Battle-stones are available in two qualities: Flawless Battle-stones can upgrade pets directly to Rare quality, while Polished Battle-stones will upgrade a pet to Uncommon quality.
Players will have a very small chance to obtain a general purpose Flawless Battle-stone after winning a match against wild pets; defeating higher level opponents increases the chances of obtaining a stone. These valuable items are not soulbound, and can be sold on the Auction House.
Family specific Flawless Battle-stones can be found in the Sack of Pet Supplies obtained from performing Pet Trainer quests, and are Bind on Pickup.
General purpose Polished Battle-stones can be purchased for 1000 Justice Points.

Pet Journal

The quality of each pet is now visible in its slot in the Pet Journal.
Pets can now be filtered by name, type, rarity and level, and filters will remain in place each time the Pet Journal is viewed.
It is now possible to search locations in the Pet Journal. For example, searching “Westfall” will display all the Battle Pets that can be found in Westfall.

Right clicking a pet's portrait will now offer the option to look it up in the Pet Journal.
Players can now keep up to 650 pets.
Battle Pet tooltips will now display whether a pet is owned, and how many pets of that type are owned.
Pet Quality is now displayed in battles, and will be visible on portraits, names and tooltips.
The level of battle pets in a zone can now be seen on the map, and it’s now possible to see the strength of wild pets relative to your team at a glance.
Backline pets now display debuffs affecting them as well as the remaining duration of these effects.
The experience multiplier obtained by all seven Grand Master pet trainers in Pandaria has been increased to x5 from x3.5.
The experience multiplier obtained by defeating Pet Trainers Julia Stevens, Old Macdonald, Zunta, and Dagra the Fierce has been reduced to x2.5 from x3.5.
Macros have been added that allow for summoning random pets and random favorite pets.
The achievement Taming the World now awards the Safari Hat, which increases pet experience gained from Pet Battles by 10%.
The I Choose You achievement has been added for defeating Zen Master Aki. The reward for this achievement is 3000 gold.
A new Master Pet Tamer offering daily quests has been added to the Darkmoon Faire. Completing quests for the new trainer will offer the chance to acquire a new pet: the Darkmoon Eye.
Two new Battle Pets now roam Darkmoon Island waiting to be caught.
Fixed a bug where the Gazelle would join pet battles.

UI

A new banner will appear when a player is subjected to an effect that causes them to lose control of their character. The effect that caused the loss of control and remaining duration will be displayed. Configuration options are available in the “Combat” section of the “Interface Options" menu.
A search bar has been added to the mount section of the Mount and Pet Journal.
The Mount and Pet Journal remembers which tab you were last using.

Brawler's Guild

Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft.
Players will prove their skill, and increase their rank with the Brawler's Guild, as they win matches against some of the most difficult solo encounters in World of Warcraft.
As their Brawler's Guild rank increases, players will unlock additional rewards and activities within the Brawler’s Guild.
Brawlers on a realm will gather together into the blood spattered ring to watch as their peers face down their own opponents. They can watch the battles in progress to learn from hardened Brawler's Guild veterans as they wait for their own turn to fight.
If this is your first night at Brawler's Guild, you have to fight.

As someone getting into Pet Battles, the quality of life changes there are a God send, particularly; Searches, Filters, and remembering the last tab open.

Yoshichan

5.1 just seems like an awesome patch all-together!

Entropia

No One Remembers
That War stuff in Krasarang sounds awesome. Hopefully it's people are active there on my server... or else I may need invites from you Yoshi! ;D

Brawler's Guild

Underground fighting rings have sprung up in Stormwind and Orgrimmar that will give brawlers a chance to earn bragging rights by testing their solo PvE mettle against some of the toughest creatures found in World of Warcraft.
Players will prove their skill, and increase their rank with the Brawler's Guild, as they win matches against some of the most difficult solo encounters in World of Warcraft.
As their Brawler's Guild rank increases, players will unlock additional rewards and activities within the Brawler’s Guild.
Brawlers on a realm will gather together into the blood spattered ring to watch as their peers face down their own opponents. They can watch the battles in progress to learn from hardened Brawler's Guild veterans as they wait for their own turn to fight.
If this is your first night at Brawler's Guild, you have to fight.

Also known as the Blood DK Guild.

Entropia

No One Remembers
It just sounds like more dailies to me :(

Players can slay rival NPCs and opposing faction players along the shore to earn commissions that can be spent to upgrade their faction's base.
Look for strategic objectives to capture, including graveyards and towers. Commissions can be spent to recruit guards that will help protect this captured territory!
Players who are truly dedicated to their faction can spend their commissions on an item that will give their fellows an extra reputation group quest for the day. Horde players can speak with Ongrom Black Tooth, while Alliance players can contact Proveditor Grantley for details.

Makes it sound a bit more excitable than just dailies.

That War stuff in Krasarang sounds awesome. Hopefully it's people are active there on my server... or else I may need invites from you Yoshi! ;D

lol, it's gonna be fighting NPCs all day on Mal'Ganis. I've seen like 4-5 85+ Alliance players tops in Pandaria (though the CRZs aren't so bad).

Also known as the Blood DK Guild.

Haha. Too true. Definitely gonna keep an eye on it though, as it said you could watch other people doing encounters. Fight Club!

And while it's been fine, especially for the initial expansion rush, I kinda hope they enable it just for Krasarang if we're going to have these PvP-centric things.

You know what has really been bugging me? The enemy respawn rate in Pandaria. Way too high. I'm so sick of pulling dudes left and right and getting obliterated because I'm a glass cannon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Again, my understanding of Brawler's Guild is that its just a how-to-play type lesson - Ghostcrawler has talked about it as the "proving grounds." I don't think, as a DPS type player, you're expected to heal yourself a la arena combat.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
OHHHH SNAP, just saw this datamined on mmochamp:

Seek and Defeat (New) Find and defeat the 8 legendary pets listed below.

rewards red panda cub, apparently.

WHAT ARE NEW LEGENDARY PETS? I MUST CATCH THEM ALL.

You know what has really been bugging me? The enemy respawn rate in Pandaria. Way too high. I'm so sick of pulling dudes left and right and getting obliterated because I'm a glass cannon.

Yeah, I'm looking at you Tricksters in the Vale...

Obnoxious little assholes, pulling even when their health bar is yellow, and the NEVER. STOP. SPAWNING.

:<

(Just as one example.)

Again, my understanding of Brawler's Guild is that its just a how-to-play type lesson - Ghostcrawler has talked about it as the "proving grounds." I don't think, as a DPS type player, you're expected to heal yourself a la arena combat.

I was under the impression that this and Proving Grounds were different things. There are definitely similarities either way, but unless we get confirmation that Brawler's Guild = Proving Grounds just with a different name, I'm not so sure.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I was under the impression that this and Proving Grounds were different things. There are definitely similarities either way, but unless we get confirmation that Brawler's Guild = Proving Grounds just with a different name, I'm not so sure.

Seriously? They are literally the same exact idea. "Proving Grounds" was just the name for the concept, "Brawler's Guild" is the actual in-game mechanic.

Anoregon

They've been presented slightly differently. There's not enough information until the PTR is out to confirm either way.

I disagree. I see it as completely cut and dry. Brawler's guild, as it has been described in the patch notes, is absolutely the implementation of the proving grounds idea.

Yoshichan

Vanilla WoW music as-well <3 they really want us to get all nostalgic with MoP!

Yoshichan

I am so happy! No resto druid nerfs in the 5.1 patch note (so far). I was definitely expecting mushrooms to get a nerf :3

Also, SYMBIOSIS 2 SECOND CAST! Thank God! So ridiculous that it's a 6 sec cast time right now!

JORMBO

Darkness no more
What are the chances of epics dropping at the end of heroics? I've done Jade Temple a few times for the healing mace but have only seen blues. It kind of hit me maybe they have really low drop rates and I shouldn't be so concerned with trying to get it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
What are the chances of epics dropping at the end of heroics? I've done Jade Temple a few times for the healing mace but have only seen blues. It kind of hit me maybe they have really low drop rates and I shouldn't be so concerned with trying to get it.

They're fairly low and supposed to be somewhat rare. I don't see the harm in queuing for it specifically once a day.

Berordn

Ding. They'd be nice to have, but you shouldn't be actively seeking them out. Raid drops are already better and you can complete Mogu'shan without the dungeon epics. Course, dungeons being as short as they are, it might not hurt to try for them every so often.

I am so happy! No resto druid nerfs in the 5.1 patch note (so far). I was definitely expecting mushrooms to get a nerf :3

Also, SYMBIOSIS 2 SECOND CAST! Thank God! So ridiculous that it's a 6 sec cast time right now!
Are they really doing balance fixes anymore? On my guild of all RL friends only 3 are currently playing and bought MoP. The rest (40-ish people) won't buy based solely on what they read about the current state of PVP balance and Blizzard's silence and lack of action regarding the topic.

If this PVP state continue until my sub expire(next month), I have no plans on renewing either. Its not fun playing Ele Shaman against Warrior/BM hunter's pet killing you in seconds.

Edit: Just saw GC's twitter and it seems like warrior/BM nerf is incoming. Life on a PVP server ATM is still hell though.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Thanks, that is what I was thinking. Some days I only have time to run one or two heroics. I'm getting kind of tired of this one already so after a few more runs I will probably move on. I'm actually not too excited about doing heroics this time around and they used to be my favorite thing about WoW. They are just so easy it doesn't seem much different from a normal dungeon run (which I did plenty while leveling).

I'm not quite geared for LFR yet. I think I'm 7 points away.

Anoregon

Newest MMOchamp data shows stones that boost pets to the currently unavailable epic quality, two warlock-specific quest items of unknown purpose, and a naaru-related legendary quest item, amongst other things.

Robin64

Brawler's Guild is not Proving Grounds.

Zarhym said:
For clarity, the Brawler's Guild feature announced for 5.1 is unrelated to Proving Grounds. That's still on our #Pandaria wishlist. Brawler's Guild akin to solo Amp of Anguish w/ more depth. Proving Grounds likely closer to solo role-based scenarios/challenges.

Dresden

Newest MMOchamp data shows stones that boost pets to the currently unavailable epic quality, two warlock-specific quest items of unknown purpose, and a naaru-related legendary quest item, amongst other things.

Knowing blizzard one will turn fire to a redder hue while the other turns green spells red.

strafer

Probably related to the Felfire quest.

Finally.

Top Bottom