• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Berordn

Black Temple Scenario, Artifact Quality Naaru stuff, Warlocks everywhere.

I am going to jump to the only logical conclusion and say this is leading up to the return of Illidan.

And no amount of actual logic will convince me otherwise.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I am going to jump to the only logical conclusion and say this is leading up to the return of Illidan.

The datamined spoiler dialogue is pretty weird. Sure it is out of context, but it seems to imply there were pandaren on Draenor or something.

Berordn

The datamined spoiler dialogue is pretty weird. Sure it is out of context, but it seems to imply there were pandaren on Draenor or something.

The Shado-Pan at that. Crazy.

There's also some crazy voice clips that seem to imply that Garrosh kills Anduin too, but that's harder to believe, somehow.

Berordn

HOLY SHIT GARROSH KILLS ANDUIN

I'm... skeptical. The kid's got prophecies written about him according to Velen... plus he's been a bit of a Mary Sue for a while. Garrosh may strike him down, but I very much doubt it'll be for long.

Plus, they've recorded lots of voice acting work that they've never used but kept in the files forever... who knows at this point. That, or he rises again under Bolvar as the Lich Prince or something equally stupid.

strafer

Gotta love Bibi.

Sometimes people ask, what's the secret of patch days? Well, that's the secret.

sNC9o.jpg

Rokam

Anyone else find it kind of odd we summon the fleets. We spent all this time befriending the various factions, learning about the sha, and then we go and say... yeah fuck it more war... fuck your homeland!

Entropia

No One Remembers

Didn't Blizzard say something stupid at last BlizzCon like "I dunno, Illidan's body is somewhere lol"

Berordn

Didn't Blizzard say something stupid at last BlizzCon like "I dunno, Illidan's body is somewhere lol"

Council of the Black Harvest, serving the Black Prince, meeting in secret at the Black Temple, final resting place of Illidan, the one boss mob whose head we didn't cut off.

Illidan, who has intimate knowledge of the Burning Legion, having once been empowered by Sargeras and becoming the first Demon Hunter, using his own power against his hordes.

The Black Prince, having becoming increasingly interested in a force capable of a larger scale war than that of the Alliance and Horde, who he is currently playing against each other in an attempt to keep them weaponized.

Wrathion resurrects Illidan to help combat the Burning Legion. You heard it here first.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Council of the Black Harvest, serving the Black Prince, meeting in secret at the Black Temple, final resting place of Illidan, the one boss mob whose head we didn't cut off.

Illidan, who has intimate knowledge of the Burning Legion, having once been empowered by Sargeras and becoming the first Demon Hunter, using his own power against his hordes.

The Black Prince, having becoming increasingly interested in a force capable of a larger scale war than that of the Alliance and Horde, who he is currently playing against each other in an attempt to keep them weaponized.

Wrathion resurrects Illidan to help combat the Burning Legion. You heard it here first.

media_preview.php

strafer

0001_rz7g.gif

Ultratech

Looking at the patch notes, seems like they buffed some the of enemy skills unless they weren't correct to begin with.

Not to mention all the class changes and all Hunters get is a change to Aimed Shot. :|

An upgradeable Cooking Bag seems pretty nice though.

Anyone else find it kind of odd we summon the fleets. We spent all this time befriending the various factions, learning about the sha, and then we go and say... yeah fuck it more war... fuck your homeland!

Dunno about the horde side, but early on in the Alliance quests just after you hook up with the Pearlfin, you witness an in-game cutscene between Admiral Taylor and Admiral Rogers that foreshadows the landing of a full Alliance fleet in 'a month's time.' I doubt news of the Sha and the Mogu/Troll Incursion will sway Varian's resolve or the mobilization considering
he still doesn't have his son back

Clearly the player has been instrumental in clearing the way for the Alliance getting a foothold meanwhile, so it's a natural progression from that point to 5.1. The war effort is there thanks to you.

I realize it's still extremely early but how's everyone liking MoP thus far?

I'm pretty certain that I won't ever buy it because my guild broke up/quit, and there's no way I'm putting myself through the hassle of finding a good raiding guild again.

But I'm curious on everyone's thoughts a few weeks in.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Best exp, content-wise.

I was bored of Cata after 2-3 weeks.

Berordn

I'm pretty certain that I won't ever buy it because my guild broke up/quit, and there's no way I'm putting myself through the hassle of finding a good raiding guild again.

After a couple fruitless nights of raiding, I can safely say that I love it, and raiding is the least interesting part of the expansion for myself so far.

Of course, it also depends on your willingness to do other stuff. I know a lot of people who got used to just logging in on raid night who hate that they have other things to do.

B-Dex

Loving it. Tons of dailies and reps to get exalted at the top (which is a grind but once and done really) but the art is amazing. Storyline is great (imo).

Dungeons are fun and don't take too long.

5.1 is making me giddy like a schoolgirl.

I can't wait.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Best exp, content-wise.

I was bored of Cata after 2-3 weeks.

Samesies.

I haven't even scratched the surface of MoP so far!

Pet Battles (Done a bit of them)
Challenge Modes (Haven't done at all)
Raiding (only 1 available now, more in a week or two)
DAILIESDALIESLDALIESLESIDLAEIS
Farming

so much to do!

Plusses:
New artwork/music are beautiful.
Pretty brisk questing through first 3 zones.
The main thread of the storyline is so far pretty compelling if you pay enough attention.
Primary Professions have never been easier to level.
Archaeology is half as painful as before.
I have heard nothing but good things from people irretrievably addicted to Pet Battles. I've not done a single thing with it yet.
New dungeons aren't bad, and lots of them.

Mehs:
Daily quests offer very little variety at 90.
Can't fly until 90.
Lorewalker stuff is one and done, but the stories they tell are at least interesting.
Not enough mailboxes in the world, had to constantly dump junk from bags while levelling.

Minuses:
Dread Wastes has terrible quest pacing, getting everything done feels like a huge grind. Not as bad as Twilight Highlands, not as good as Icecrown Glacier.
Scenarios are a complete waste of time.
Valor point grind got worse if you don't raid on a regular basis.
Justice Points are useless.
Reputation Quartermasters and their 'fresh level 90' rewards are locked behind an absurd grind.
Getting cooking to 600 is about 10 times harder and more expensive than it should be.

After a couple fruitless nights of raiding, I can safely say that I love it, and raiding is the least interesting part of the expansion for myself so far.

Of course, it also depends on your willingness to do other stuff. I know a lot of people who got used to just logging in on raid night who hate that they have other things to do.

I like doing things other than raiding, but I hate the really grindy stuff like daily quests, and farming gear. I enjoy dungeons the first few few times through, but when it gets to the point that you just need that 1 piece of gear off the final boss that NEVER drops.... it starts to get old.

Raiding is an absolute blast, but if you're in a crappy guild that's not making progress, or has 1 or 2 bad players bring down the group, it can really suck.

Berordn

I like doing things other than raiding, but I hate the really grindy stuff like daily quests, and farming gear. I enjoy dungeons the first few few times through, but when it gets to the point that you just need that 1 piece of gear off the final boss that NEVER drops.... it starts to get old.

Raiding is an absolutely blast, but if you're in a crappy guild that's not making progress, or has 1 or 2 bad players bring down the group, it can really suck.

I love raiding, don't get me wrong, it's just been the thing I've been looking forward to the least, but it may be due to a couple people bringing the group down.

I like questing in general, so the dailies aren't an issue to me, but they might wear on you if you really dislike them. With the exception of maybe the Shado-Pan hub, which is just annoying in general, I think they're better than any of the other dailies they've done so far, but YMMV. However, even though I think the dailies are fine, the reputations tied to them kind of suck.

Robin64

Stackable Stag
Binds when picked up
Item Level 85
Use: Summon a Stackable Stag at the target location. If there is another Stackable Stag nearby, your Stackable Stag will stack on top of it. (60 sec cooldown)

Brilliant!

Blizzard should fire Metzen and hire you if it doesn't go like this.

I'd love for Metzen to be fired regardless, he's getting worse and worse as the years go on.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Don't fire Metzen, he's a super nice guy - but keep him away from the story writing :/

Robin64

Portable Refrigerator
Binds when equipped
28 Slot
Item Level 85
"Purchased with 10 Ironpaw Tokens from Nam Ironpaw. Can be upgraded by a skilled Engineer."

Sweet!

This expansion is an embarrassment of riches. There is so much content and variety that a casual player like myself can get a little lost in it all. I have to really focus on one goal at a time or else I get pulled in a dozen different directions at once and accomplish nothing. The game is really the best it has ever been in it's lifetime IMO. "Just 1 more quest/herb/fish/instance/pet battle/battleground/skill-up/archeology dig site/scenerio and then I'll go to bed!" "Oh shit, it's brewfest still!" "Good lord, Darkmoon is going on too!" "I have to put this stuff on the AH as well!" It just never ends and I love it!

The patch notes look fantastic. I cannot wait to brawl on my Guardian! I am anxious to see if Blizzard can keep supplying content at a steady pace for the entire expansion.

Finding and soloing rare NPCs has got to be one of my favorite things about this expansion so far. Most are a challange and some are virtually impossible for me right now. I look forward to gearing up and trying those guys again later :)

Yoshichan

Portable Refrigerator
Binds when equipped
28 Slot
Item Level 85
"Purchased with 10 Ironpaw Tokens from Nam Ironpaw. Can be upgraded by a skilled Engineer."

Sweet!
Wait, what? 10 iron paws (which can be EASILY farmed) for a 28 slot, which is like, the cost of 10k gold? That doesn't make any sense...

Top Bottom