• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Robin64

It's obviously for the shitload of cooking ingredients we get now. :p
Given I dedicate a bag to them already, this pleases me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok, this wrong really wrong. Straight up :/

KaLFe.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When did they change so you can mount in that form? Or is it a bug?
MoP changed that :3 Although they DID forget to implement so that I can mount in treant-form ,_,

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Some of these datamined things aren't even changes, just tooltips of stuff that already existed, i.e. Soul Reaper was always 5 seconds of haste.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/90899-darkmoon-whistle

Use: Make a loud, annoying sound, startling everyone within 30 yards. (30 min cooldown)

Imagine if the noise is the NPCscan horn.

Yoshichan

Easy fix: shapeshifting shouldn't trigger a gcd :3

I know that would make constant shapeshifting op

RPGCrazied

Got the disc mount. This would be impossible without a guide. Also, I have yet to find any eggs to turn in for rep for the Cloud Serpent faction, tips?

Yoshichan

Then they could just nerf the shapeshifting glyph. Simple.
Wait, the shapeshifting glyph just reduces the mana cost by 90% :p. That doesn't really solve anything :lol

Tarazet

Wait, the shapeshifting glyph just reduces the mana cost by 90% :p. That doesn't really solve anything :lol

Even with the glyph on, if I res, throw a Healing Touch, and refresh Mark of the Wild on folks who got ressed, I can find myself without enough mana to turn into a bear again.

So are there any guides out there about soloing or duoing old content? I missed so much of BC.

And can't you solo farm for Ashes and the flaming horse with the fangs?

Slayerx

I think that scenarios are really fun and sometimes challenging when you do it with 3 dps as intended, but as soon as you introduce a tank or a healer into the mix it breaks the whole thing. I don't see any way to fix this situation :(

For example in the arena of annihilation if you fail with 3 dps you just die, all of the abilities do a lot of damage to you, tank can just tank through it and healer can heal you if you fail removing any personal responsibility you had.

One of the options would be to reduce healing and tanking capabilities through some scaling debuff but it will feel really clunky and players will whine.

Ultratech

Got the disc mount. This would be impossible without a guide. Also, I have yet to find any eggs to turn in for rep for the Cloud Serpent faction, tips?

Wouldn't say it'd be impossible, but there's 2-3 you probably wouldn't come across unless you were really exploring every nook and cranny.

As for eggs, check around the mountains on the island and keep a look out on certain spots on the ground. I haven't had much luck finding many myself.

So are there any guides out there about soloing or duoing old content? I missed so much of BC.

And can't you solo farm for Ashes and the flaming horse with the fangs?

Pretty sure you can do most of BC stuff solo save for a few bosses, which border on near-impossible due to mechanics or other BS.

The horse is the first boss in Kara, so that's stupidly simple nowadays.

Ashes could be a fair bit trickier to solo, but I hear DKs can still do it. Hunters too, if they know what they're doing.

Here's a DK Solo guide, though it's slightly outdated (4.3): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6036454104

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Yup - nerf inc.

E: What fight?
Doesn't really matter, honestly. All fights look identical except for the third one :p that log in the screenshot was Feng (#2).

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Just got to Four Kings (normal), seems like a fun fight. Honestly, though, all the fights have been really fun so far. It got so tiring being melee in DS and not having to dodge anything...ever. I felt like a range just standing still most of the time.

[edit]

Oh and

FUCKING SPAWN,GALLEON

WTF MAN

Magnus

Experiencing astonishingly bad dps on trash as a fire mage at 85. I'm in semi-LFR gear from that level too. I know, I know, shit's tuned for 90, right. I shouldn't panic. And whatever, this is an alt.

Question -- is the issue fixed where Reforging into Hit/Spirit was being scaled to below Hit Cap by Challenge Mode gear normalization?

Thinking about upgrading to mists and getting back into this.

If I buy the xpac does it come with a free month or will I also have to drop an extra $15 on top of the $40?

Tamanon

Banned
Thinking about upgrading to mists and getting back into this.

If I buy the xpac does it come with a free month or will I also have to drop an extra $15 on top of the $40?

Would need to pay for the month, although you might be eligible for a Scroll of Resurrection, depending on how long you've been out.

Would need to pay for the month, although you might be eligible for a Scroll of Resurrection, depending on how long you've been out.

I resubbed about 2 months ago, "played" for about 2 days and cancelled. Not far back enough for a scroll :(

I'm in money saving mode at the moment so $15 a month is one of the cheaper ways to keep myself entertained. Just gotta figure out if I wanna spend this $55 now.

TheYanger

Experiencing astonishingly bad dps on trash as a fire mage at 85. I'm in semi-LFR gear from that level too. I know, I know, shit's tuned for 90, right. I shouldn't panic. And whatever, this is an alt.

Question -- is the issue fixed where Reforging into Hit/Spirit was being scaled to below Hit Cap by Challenge Mode gear normalization?

Not fixed, difficult issue to fix.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I played a Fire Mage at the end of ICC and into Cata. You NEED high crit for Fire to be good. Otherwise, you're gimping yourself pretty bad. What's your current crit%?

Thoraxes

Black Temple Scenario, Artifact Quality Naaru stuff, Warlocks everywhere.

I am going to jump to the only logical conclusion and say this is leading up to the return of Illidan.

And no amount of actual logic will convince me otherwise.

I blindly want this to happen as much as you do. But watch him resurface when the Burning Legion inevitably does as part of the Black Prince storyline because he was cursed with the Eyes of Sargeras so long ago.
http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/90899-darkmoon-whistle

Use: Make a loud, annoying sound, startling everyone within 30 yards. (30 min cooldown)

Imagine if the noise is the NPCscan horn.
I have an aggro horn that makes that noise (I think, it sounds really similar), it's: http://www.wowhead.com/item=86565
First pass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrKeSMjlTmU

Putting together complete guides to all of the zones. Would love some feedback.
Oh shit! My guild's name is Aftermath too lol

Tarazet

I honestly don't think I can level an alt this expansion.

My dailies are taking about 2 hours. After I'm done with them, I hop on my panda Shaman and do some questing. With the VP you get from the dailies, I've stopped queueing for heroics because there's nothing left that's worthwhile for me to get.

Thoraxes

I honestly don't think I can level an alt this expansion.

I'm actually the opposite lol

For Cata, I just couldn't bring myself to do it with how quick and easy it was to make cash on multiple 85s, and because there were no new classes. With TBC I rolled a Pally because I was always Horde. With WotLK I played a DK extensively through the F&F and Beta and loved it in live as an alt. With Cata I didn't really have that kind of surge, or the "awesome for alts" LFD (which was 3.3 I believe).

All of a sudden I feel super compelled to level what reps I want, whenever I want because there's now this freedom of choice, and LFD makes it more fun and easy than it's ever been, not to mention heirloom pants too!

Westlo

Killed Hogger the other day, lmao @ the "Forest was only a setback" line, never really got it when I killed Hogger in the new Stockades at first, did Magisters Terrace for the first time when I farmed the mount a month before MOP came out.

That shit should be a running joke each expansion!

Switch to Frost man, that shit is fun as fuck. Frost Orb and Frost Bomb <3

Top Bottom