• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

So has anybody done the Dark Iron Brewfest achievement this year? It feels totally impossible. I've been trying since it started weeks ago and still no luck. I've tried getting groups together, but the most I can get is about 5 people trying, which seems like way too few.

I did not bother with Brewfest this year. As far as I knew, most of my guild was the same way. I'll be in better shape for the Halloween event.

I find that if you don't grab this on the first or second day, it just goes downhill from there. :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
World of Warcraft |OT4| Burning Legion soon, gtfo Pandaria!

Enosh

yay got the cloud serpent

not a fan, will stick to my other drakes, kinda hate how it sways so far left and right when flying, plus it has no ground animation for some reason
also i simply like the aesthetics of western looking dragons a lot more

so more or less got it because it is new a shiny :p

also got the tanking darkmoon relic some 2 days ago for 25k, still not sure if I should use it, or try to flip it for more money.... kinda low on gold atm, just 25k on all characters together

Rizific

so ive finally found time to try and play and my launcher gets stuck on checking for updates. apparently this is a widespread problem with numerous suggestions on how to fix it. can anyone tell me what worked for them?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
so ive finally found time to try and play and my launcher gets stuck on checking for updates. apparently this is a widespread problem with numerous suggestions on how to fix it. can anyone tell me what worked for them?
Do you run Launcher.exe as administrator? If you are and still have the same problem, try running the program in compatibility mode for Windows 95, if you are using Windows that is. For Mac I don't know how to fix it.

Chris R

Can BSs produce higher ilvl versions of the blue/purple gear like is possible with the MoP greens? Just want to know if I should just produce a single item over and over hoping to hit it big or if I should spend my harmony things to learn more recipes now that I'm at 575.

Berordn

Can BSs produce higher ilvl versions of the blue/purple gear like is possible with the MoP greens? Just want to know if I should just produce a single item over and over hoping to hit it big or if I should spend my harmony things to learn more recipes now that I'm at 575.

No, since they don't get a random suffix applied to them. Anything the crafting professions make that has a "of the..." suffix on it has a chance to be a higher quality rare item instead of uncommon, but epics are 476, what you see is what you get.

I don't know if the random epics (as raid drops) experiment in Cata really worked (Throne of the Four Winds and at least one other place I think), however it could be interesting if they brought it to crafting. The gambling aspect could be fun.

Tamanon

Banned
I don't know if the random epics (as raid drops) experiment in Cata really worked (Throne of the Four Winds and at least one other place I think), however it could be interesting if they brought it to crafting. The gambling aspect could be fun.

600g in materials for an Of the Whale would be amazing, heh.

600g in materials for an Of the Whale would be amazing, heh.

I have played this MMO Before. It was called FFXI. It sucked wasting crafting materials for the hopes of an 'HQ'

Ultratech

also got the tanking darkmoon relic some 2 days ago for 25k, still not sure if I should use it, or try to flip it for more money.... kinda low on gold atm, just 25k on all characters together

Flintlocke's Blasthammer was on the BMAH the other day, going for about 13k+.
Was damn tempted to get it, seeing as it's a very good gun and it's also based off of the Alliance gun from ToC, making it the only way for Horde to get it.

Ended up not paying for it since I figure it'd probably get outdated once Terrance LFR comes out.

I'd like to get the Darkmoon agility relic, but I have to imagine it'd be going for crazy money if it's up on the AH.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
6 = the amount of hours I've camped Galleon today

60 = the amount of times I've listened to the Skyfall theme today

600 = the amount of times I've said "fuck this game" today

Yoshichan

What class is your main, Yoshi? Tell me it is not some boring Warrior :p
Why would you possibly think that I'm a warrior? I'm the most entertaining, interesting, multi-functional, hardworking class in the game :p. The resto druid!

Weenerz

Banned
Exalted with tillers, 2 days from cloud serpents, guess I should start questing in Dread Wastes so I have those daily quests to do.

Yoshichan

Exalted with tillers, 2 days from cloud serpents, guess I should start questing in Dread Wastes so I have those daily quests to do.
Succuuuuumb toooo the klaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

(When typing that, I actually tried voicing one of my favorite klaxxi from the Dread Waste)

Yoshichan

Good answer! Well, I went from assuming that since you played Barbarian in D2/3... :p
Ahhh, but the baba in D2 was an amazing product of quality and variation, unlike the shit that came out from Diablo thr... ahhh what the hell, I'm not going there :lol

But yeah, no - I've had three mains since I first started playing.

Pre-alpha -> Beta -> Vanilla = Mage. Lots of bad memories from these times.
Mid-vanilla -> Late TBC = Warrior, heavily focused on PvP. All the nostalgia comes from this character.
Wrath -> MoP = Resto druid, heavily focused on PvE.

V_Arnold

For me, it started with a balance druid (Vanilla - kinda the "worst choice ever", yet I LOVED it), then I fell in love with DK tanking.

...and now I am stuck with that. Although it is about time to level my druid for alchemy/herbalism, gotta need those Living Steels to get a nice stream of money incoming. I also had a raiding mage at the end of WOTLK, arcane raiding was amazing in that expansion.

Yoshichan

For me, it started with a balance druid (Vanilla - kinda the "worst choice ever", yet I LOVED it), then I fell in love with DK tanking.

...and now I am stuck with that. Although it is about time to level my druid for alchemy/herbalism, gotta need those Living Steels to get a nice stream of money incoming. I also had a raiding mage at the end of WOTLK, arcane raiding was amazing in that expansion.
Did you actually have to press more than two buttons as arcane in Wrath :3?

Yoshichan

I'm pretty sure it was just blast til no mana then evo when out of mana.
And even then, that's more buttons than what you had to press in Cataclysm.

V_Arnold

Did you actually have to press more than two buttons as arcane in Wrath :3?

I'm pretty sure it was just blast til no mana then evo when out of mana.

Blast, blast, blast...arcane missiles when procced, blast, blast...proc for fast cast.... rinse and repeat. Trick was getting together all those different cooldowns, and NUKING like crazy for like 15 sec.

Yeah, it does not sound as exciting now. But it was! :D

Yoshichan

Yeah, it does not sound as exciting now. But it was! :D
♥

Speaking of something completely different: NeoGAF now allows you to have 10k inbox PMs :D So now you can continue harass me in PMs Arnold!

Robin64

Please tell me this crap isn't on every staff for Forsaken monks..

gRchp.jpg

Chris R

No, since they don't get a random suffix applied to them. Anything the crafting professions make that has a "of the..." suffix on it has a chance to be a higher quality rare item instead of uncommon, but epics are 476, what you see is what you get.

Good to know, thanks!

Yoshichan

8 hours and counting...

Yoshichan

Waiting for outdoor raid boss that spawn every few days...why? Better drop legendary loot or something
What is this I don't even. Loot = always good, especially if you can't get it anywhere else :p

Trickster

What is this I don't even. Loot = always good, especially if you can't get it anywhere else :p

You got absolutely nothing better to do than sit in a zone for half a day, and wait for the possibility that a raid boss will spawn, who might give you loot if your raid manages to tag him?

Though I guess I can understand it if you have multiple monitors and can play or watch something else while waiting.

Yoshichan

You got absolutely nothing better to do than sit in a zone for half a day, and wait for the possibility that a raid boss will spawn, who might give you loot if your raid manages to tag him?

Though I guess I can understand it if you have multiple monitors and can play or watch something else while waiting.
No, I don't have anything better to do. I've already done the dailies for today.

Also, Alt Tab is pretty good

Yoshichan

what if he spawns while your alt tabbed, and miss out on the kill?
1: I have sound on
2: I alt tab from time to time
3: I have a pro group, and if they get the tag, I get the loot

idlewild_

You can share tags, someone in the group with the tag drops out and joins another group and voila, both groups get loot.

ch0mp

yay got the cloud serpent

not a fan, will stick to my other drakes, kinda hate how it sways so far left and right when flying, plus it has no ground animation for some reason
also i simply like the aesthetics of western looking dragons a lot more

so more or less got it because it is new a shiny :p

I've been trying to put the caster trinket together, got 6 of the cards and paid 24k so far for them. Pretty decent going. Should be able to pick up the rest fairly cheaply because it's 3 weeks till DMF is here again.

Top Bottom