• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Flib said:
Ones that are way different or new:

Undead, Goblin, Troll, Worgen, Gnome

The only two forms locked to specific specs for druids are Moonkin form and Tree of Life (for healers).

Those are the most drastically new/good. The other zones like Orc/Tauren/etc. have been updated as well so that they don't suck as much. Tauren starts off the first couple levels completely different and then transitions into some more familiar things for example.

ch0mp

Alucrid said:
Actually, could I get someone who has downed shannox/rhy invite me to their raid, let me get into FL, then have them leave or whatever so that I'm in their locked instance?
You could use their raid ID to get in but unless you get a boss kill, you won't get locked to it.

Alucrid

Banned
ch0mp said:
You could use their raid ID to get in but unless you get a boss kill, you won't get locked to it.

Ah, so I'd only get that one go, then if I wanted to reset it I'd have to re-group up with someone that has the bosses down.

Flib

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Those are the most drastically new/good. The other zones like Orc/Tauren/etc. have been updated as well so that they don't suck as much. Tauren starts off the first couple levels completely different and then transitions into some more familiar things for example.
That's why I said way different. He should try one of the more drastically revamped zones.

Miragith

Alucrid said:
Ah, so I'd only get that one go, then if I wanted to reset it I'd have to re-group up with someone that has the bosses down.

Unless you can find someone who will just log on out on that character in raid so you can reset as many times as you want.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Miragith said:
It's probably 1.8%, no way it's at 6%. The hell hounds need to be pretty much perma-snared since they run so fast.
I have chilblaines on them 100% of the time and when I get to a circle it's hard.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Miragith said:
You should be in unholy presence unless you have lavawalker enchant. Just keep running and don't stop.
What I'm saying is it's easy to mess up when you turn them around in beth's lair or rhy's area and get clipped/owned.

Miragith

I usually stay max range for howling blast. You should be able to run around in a BIG circle, meaning close to the outer edges, casting HB without having to ever turn around. Or just jump, turn your character around, and cast HB in midair. You really can't be lazy with the hounds because once you do, you're screwed. Where you can just backpeddle the scorpions and turtles the whole time.

Garryk

Man, heirlooms have made low-level pvp a nightmare. I rolled a character on a new server to hang out with some work friends so I didn't have any BOA stuff to send my lowbie. I made a Shadow Priest and every BG I go into involves me getting sapped until my PW:S wears off and then getting one-shot by an Ambush. If I do survive long enough to attack, people of the same level have around 1k more HPs than me so I use up all of my mana trying to take them out. I can't see how a person new to the game could possibly get any enjoyment out of BGs.

M.D

Is there any other zone as cool as Azshara for low levels? Also can a player from Alliance go to Horde territories to take quests and vice versa? If you're on a PVP server like I am will you get killed pretty much all the time?

What is the equivalent of Orgrimmar for the Alliance?

Tamanon

Banned
M.D said:
Is there any other zone as cool as Azshara for low levels? Also can a player from Alliance go to Horde territories to take quests and vice versa? If you're on a PVP server like I am will you get killed pretty much all the time?

What is the equivalent of Orgrimmar for the Alliance?

Well, I really like Darkshore for the Alliance. And most quests are horde or alliance only, there are some neutral quests that both sides can take. Once you get past the lower levels, you'll find zones that have both factions in it.

Your first one should probably be Ashenvale for seeing the other faction regularly.

Stormwind is the Orgrimmar equivalent, it's the Human capital on the other continent.

Hello! I was wondering if there was some sort of thing keeping free trial players out of Stormwind?

I walk out of the tram and take a few steps into Stormwind and immediately got disconnected from server. Log in, take a few steps, disconnected.

I finally was able to (very slowly) walk through and head to Goldshire and do some quests. After a while of questing I flew back to SW, took a few steps from the bird, and was disconnected from server again.

Now I'm stuck. As soon as I log in I'm disconnected immediately. I can't even move before I get booted. The client is fully up to date, no UI mods installed or anything. So hence my question, are free trial users not allowed in SW?

Alucrid

Banned
How good is your computer or connection? You could have trouble with everything that's going on in SW since it's the main hub. Likewise all that activity might be affecting your connection somehow.

ArtistDude88 said:
Hello! I was wondering if there was some sort of thing keeping free trial players out of Stormwind?

I walk out of the tram and take a few steps into Stormwind and immediately got disconnected from server. Log in, take a few steps, disconnected.

I finally was able to (very slowly) walk through and head to Goldshire and do some quests. After a while of questing I flew back to SW, took a few steps from the bird, and was disconnected from server again.

Now I'm stuck. As soon as I log in I'm disconnected immediately. I can't even move before I get booted. The client is fully up to date, no UI mods installed or anything. So hence my question, are free trial users not allowed in SW?

I was having this same problem when I was using my free 7 days. What I did was disable all of my UI mods, then delete my cache and WTF folders. Of course I had to re-do my UI but everything was fine afterwards.

Looking on the forums people have been having disconnection issues as well.

Was just checking out the WoW Visa website (Yes, I have one) just to see how many points I have accumulated and I see they have Arthas and Illidan designs now. What the fuck man. I want an Arthas or Illidan card. Not this Draenei one.

Ahahahahahaha, I just found out a guild on my old server got banned for exploiting a world 2nd kill this tier. I hadn't even noticed, that's hilarious because on the realm forums they were talking shit to the other guilds on the server.

ArtistDude88 said:

I don't think that's a trial problem, I think it's a problem with all Vanilla only players. I remember when I had vanilla trial only (I bought the game after cataclysm's release) I would get disconnected in Desolace all the time. So I upgraded to a full copy of vanilla, but it still happened in a few areas until I bought BC. Then it cleared up and I could go back to those instances. When I leveled another character, I had no more problems (because I had Cataclysm content).

The GMs said certain areas behaved like that but there was no timeline for a fix.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, I got my Paladin to level 29 and started tanking finally(was waiting until I had a reliable AOE attack) and man, Pallies are easy to control mobs with. I started learning the joys of chain-pulling the first 7 or so instances I ran. Now to set up Tauntmaster since I'm about to get Righteous Defense, that should make it even easier.

Alucrid

Banned
devildog820 said:
I don't think that's a trial problem, I think it's a problem with all Vanilla only players. I remember when I had vanilla trial only (I bought the game after cataclysm's release) I would get disconnected in Desolace all the time. So I upgraded to a full copy of vanilla, but it still happened in a few areas until I bought BC. Then it cleared up and I could go back to those instances. When I leveled another character, I had no more problems (because I had Cataclysm content).

The GMs said certain areas behaved like that but there was no timeline for a fix.

lol, of course not.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Miragith said:
I usually stay max range for howling blast. You should be able to run around in a BIG circle, meaning close to the outer edges, casting HB without having to ever turn around. Or just jump, turn your character around, and cast HB in midair. You really can't be lazy with the hounds because once you do, you're screwed. Where you can just backpeddle the scorpions and turtles the whole time.
I've done several strats.

1. Kite up and down Rhy's area.
2. Kite back and forth between Rhy's area and Beth's area.
2. Run in circles around where the dogs spawn.
3. Run in circles in Beth's lair and run down if I get tired.

Since it takes so long sometimes I slip up and get clipped and insta death on a circle.

I think I'm done. 4 hours and no epics. I could just do turtles and scorpions, but, eh.

Well thanks for the input ya'll!

I guess my posting on GAF fixed it because it hasn't happened since, strange enough. Now to track down and bother my old guildmates.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anyone heard of that Swifty guy? He was banned because of a mistake he did(making some live stream video on a server and invited lots of fans, which cause the server to shut down from what i've heard), and people seems to be really mad about this on the wow forums. There's a thread with 185 pages. 185 fucking pages.

I never heard of this guy before, and he apparently is popular on Youtube, am i the only one?

I've never heard of the guy other than I know that all of his fanboys crashed Darkspear about 3 times today. They've been spamming trade chat and such. I feel sorry for everyone on that server that has to put up with that shit.

TheBez

I have some WoW TCG loot cards. Blazing Hippogryph, Foam Sword Rack, War Party Hitching Post, and Illidan's footsteps. If anyone is interested in buying them pm me.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Bisnic said:
Anyone heard of that Swifty guy? He was banned because of a mistake he did(making some live stream video on a server and invited lots of fans, which cause the server to shut down from what i've heard), and people seems to be really mad about this on the wow forums. There's a thread with 185 pages. 185 fucking pages.

I never heard of this guy before, and he apparently is popular on Youtube, am i the only one?

I've heard of him only because of someone in my guild likes his PvP videos.

I don't get why he got banned - a lot of other people do the same thing. That Legendary podcast seems to do it a lot of the time.

Miragith

DeathNote said:
I've done several strats.

1. Kite up and down Rhy's area.
2. Kite back and forth between Rhy's area and Beth's area.
2. Run in circles around where the dogs spawn.
3. Run in circles in Beth's lair and run down if I get tired.

Since it takes so long sometimes I slip up and get clipped and insta death on a circle.

I think I'm done. 4 hours and no epics. I could just do turtles and scorpions, but, eh.

I just take them to Alysrazor's room and go around in circles. It takes me about 7 minutes to kill each pack I pull. Takes awhile and a lot of patience, but it'll be worth it in the end. I'll be pulling a total of 170k+ from FL BoEs.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Miragith said:
I just take them to Alysrazor's room and go around in circles. It takes me about 7 minutes to kill each pack I pull. Takes awhile and a lot of patience, but it'll be worth it in the end. I'll be pulling a total of 170k+ from FL BoEs.
Guess I'll wait till we kill Alysrazor.

Completed my first Cata ZA run. Only took 3 different queues. It's amazing how many people quit out simply because you wipe on a boss and miss out on a chance at the mount. I mean the mount is cool, but not omg-quit-out-of-the-group-because-we-wiped cool. I just wanted to finish some of the instance quests lol. Got new cloth shoulders and a nice caster ring, too.

Thoraxes

Bah 13% Rag tonight had an unlucky DC.
I wanted my Helm :(
The fight is actually one of the easier fights in there once you get it down, in my opinion anyways. Biggest problem is our DPS dying to meteors sadly.

moojito

Thoraxes said:
Bah 13% Rag tonight had an unlucky DC.
I wanted my Helm :(
The fight is actually one of the easier fights in there once you get it down, in my opinion anyways. Biggest problem is our DPS dying to meteors sadly.

I've only seen into phase 2 of the fight but it's certainly a good 'un. The whole instance is pretty good aside from lord R being janky as fuck and the bird boss being a bit too long. As I'm the sucker up in the air I find it incredibly stressful.

Alucrid

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
Completed my first Cata ZA run. Only took 3 different queues. It's amazing how many people quit out simply because you wipe on a boss and miss out on a chance at the mount. I mean the mount is cool, but not omg-quit-out-of-the-group-because-we-wiped cool. I just wanted to finish some of the instance quests lol. Got new cloth shoulders and a nice caster ring, too.

ZA is never a problem, it's always ZG and idiots that don't know the last boss. RAAAAAGE. I get more of that now though that I have my valor to get.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alucrid said:
ZA is never a problem, it's always ZG and idiots that don't know the last boss. RAAAAAGE. I get more of that now though that I have my valor to get.
I'd rather wipe once or twice on the last boss than do ZA trash.

Alucrid

Banned
DeathNote said:
I'd rather wipe once or twice on the last boss than do ZA trash.

Eh, with CC and a decent group it's never a problem for me. If we wipe once or twice someone always ends up leaving, (usually a tank or a healer) then we requeue and get another healer or tank who sees that we wiped on hakkar and will usually leave as well. :|

aesop

What the hell happened to WoW Wiki? It used to the be go-to place for strats, info, etc. Is there another site that has replaced it?

Alucrid

Banned
aesop said:
What the hell happened to WoW Wiki? It used to the be go-to place for strats, info, etc. Is there another site that has replaced it?

I like wowhead. Seems a lot easier to find the info I need.

aesop said:
The raid journal has most of the info you really need...the strats that used to be posted on those sites were usually what top guilds used and that just leads to guilds falling flat on their faces because their players can't pull it off. If you need a summary look on youtube for learn to raid or tankspot guides, like I said though come up with your own strats.

aesop

cuevas said:
The raid journal has most of the info you really need...the strats that used to be posted on those sites were usually what top guilds used and that just leads to guilds falling flat on their faces because their players can't pull it off. If you need a summary look on youtube for learn to raid or tankspot guides, like I said though come up with your own strats.

I'm not looking for raid strats. I'm just getting back into the game after a year and a half break with a new toon. Just looking for some info on the new zones and dungeons and what not. I rolled a pally healer, and I don't want to go into the newer stuff blind just to get kicked for wiping the group.

But thanks for the elitist attitude!

Garryk

aesop said:

Wowpedia, literally. The people that made wow wiki created wowpedia. Something to do with requirements by wikia.

aesop

Garryk said:
Wowpedia, literally. The people that made wow wiki created wowpedia. Something to do with requirements by wikia.

Ah, thanks. Up until Cata, it was a pretty good place to go for info. Now most of the pages for the new stuff are empty.

Edit: Exactly what I was looking for. Cheers.

Top Bottom