• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Mostly I will revert to stuff I had around lvl 60, where I spent the most time. I have some of it still, but in some cases I'll have to refarm it. No big deal.

This also makes it more interesting to have two specific sets for the specs. Instead of "this is my brown tanking set and this is my brown dps set but with slightly red shoulders", you can actually distinctly change them.

My tank set is certainly going to be the Strat/Scholo pieces with the UBRS shield and ZG tanking sword (which is back so it doesn't even need to be changed).

Dunlop

NOOO!!!

When I came back to wow after 3 years decked out in my full T2...I uh DE'd them when I was running out of space in the bank

Now let me swap in my benediction staff

Kaper

Chriswok said:
Is 4.3 out? Might have to resub >.< The one thing that really annoyed me in WoW was the lack of personalty. Now this... ergh.

Not for another month and a bit, probably longer, but I have to prepare all my tier sets for 4.3. I burned myself out on WoW so I play super casual now.

Alex

They should really hotfix in Mortal Strike back to 25%. With the passage of time/gear and raising healing crits to 200% it can be maddening to try to down one nowadays, especially in battlegrounds. Even with hard focus fire a bit of cross healing can be impossible to cut through.

Oh, updated interview points:

New Raid
Deathwing raid will be the final raid of the expansion.
You will even get to ride on Deathwing's back during the fight, apparently to take him down over multiple phases.
The project for an Abyssal Maw is gone for the moment, the storyline wasn't convincing enough/fitting.

5-Man Instances
3 new 5-man instances will be added in this patch.
One of the instance will be in the Caverns of Time, for the War of the Ancients

Transmogrifier (Preview below)
The Transmogrifier NPC, which will let you change the appearance of any armor piece on you, while retaining the stats of your current gear. (= T12 stats, but with the Tier 2 look!)
Players won't be able to change the appearance of their armor into another armor type or class armor set, and you might have to own the armor before you can use it to swap the appearance of your existing armor.

Void Storage
The Void Storage is a new type of bank where players will be able to store their old armors in order to free up space in their regular bank.
It will hold 100-150 items. Anything stored there will lose all gems and enchantments.

Raid Finder
The Raid Finder will be introduced in Patch 4.3, it will work like the Dungeon Finder.

Darkmoon Faire
There will be a new Darkmoon Faire island with a bunch of new activities such as "Whack-a-Gnome"

transmo2.jpg

transmo3.jpg

Man, this is more like it, I feel really excited again for the first time since Cata launch.

Deathwing already? Isn't it a little early to bring out the star of the show? Then again I'm going to guess they'll have another raid instance before the new expansion with an old god set up as the one behind it all.

Alex

HarryDemeanor said:
Deathwing already? Isn't it a little early to bring out the star of the show? Then again I'm going to guess they'll have another raid instance before the new expansion with an old god set up as the one behind it all.

They said Deathwing is the end of it. They'll probably focus some on non-raid content and systems that can be used going into the future is my guess. Like I kept saying, I really think they realized they fucked up with Cata's launch and focuses and things were getting way too narrow for anyone but the most hardcore of raiders/arena nuts.

Seems like all of the stuff they've been hinting at lately is now coming, so maybe that new content type, which they brought up again recently saying it'd be "challenging and between heroics and soloing" will be after.

Anyhow I'm calling June for the next expansion, myself. I expect to be horribly wrong. But with their pacing and the Q2 listing for expansion 4, maybe not!?

Alex said:
They said Deathwing is the end of it. They'll probably focus some on non-raid content and systems that can be used going into the future is my guess. Like I kept saying, I really think they realized they fucked up with Cata's launch and focuses and things were getting way too narrow for anyone but the most hardcore of raiders/arena nuts.

I'm calling June for the next expansion, myself. I expect to be horribly wrong.
Yeah a summer release would make the most sense if they're trying to get expansions out faster as they said they would.

Also I'm disappointed to see Void Storage is not the system to transfer Battle.net account bound items cross-realm. I was really looking forward to seeing if they would do that in 4.3.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
TheYanger said:
I question your ability to read and comprehend. That's not at all what he said, that's what YOU said. "SIMZ LOL" is about as hard to interpret as a reasoned argument as anything could be, so I don't know how you're doing so. A sim explanation for why something is bad is actually pretty good, you need to know NOTHING about the game to understand that the sim/spreadsheet/whatever your class uses, is giving you a lower number with one item than another, and higher numbers are better. That's absolutely all that you NEED to know, aslong as you trust your source. In addition, I JUST POSTED exactly why it was bad. Scroll back up. That's more than you've done to add to the discussion. I have no concern whether I'm good or someone else is bad, I don't even care who does or doesn't use sims, but to dismiss them as a viewpoint is ignorant and absurd.

tl;dr:
Original point was that: Sim shows dps is lower with slow offhand. (Useful information)
response: LOL SIMZ (not useful)
response: You didn't tell him why it's bad! (This was yours, also not useful info)
My response: You're wrong that sims are bad, original response, and if you want to understand why it's a bad choice, here is the reason. (Useful information)
response again: WHY YOU FIGHTIN BRO!?

Get real, I was trying to end an argument, now you're trying to bring it right back. I'm done, the rest of the people reading this thread don't want to see a dick measuring contest, and if they did then at this point I think I've said what I needed to regardless.
I'm paying about as much attention to you at this point as everyone else is, that is to say, not much. You can't read, and your arguments make no sense at all. There's no point trying to reason with an unreasonable person.

The last thing I will say to you on this subject is to just check the factual sequence of you claiming anyone said "sims are bad." You might notice you're missing a link somewhere.

I might also mention your "tl;dr" is longer than the rest of your post.

Strafer said:
T3 you can't get since it dropped from old naxx.

Shame really, miss Plagueheart. :(
Tier 7 is just Tier 3 recolored.

I think we know what Transmogrifier means. It means LFM Black Temple all goddamn day.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Alex said:
Wonder if the raid finder will let you do old raids too. That'd be fun for getting transmog items.
I'm gonna gun so hard to grab those Warglaives for my DK

HarryDemeanor said:
Yeah a summer release would make the most sense if they're trying to get expansions out faster as they said they would.

Also I'm disappointed to see Void Storage is not the system to transfer Battle.net account bound items cross-realm. I was really looking forward to seeing if they would do that in 4.3.
The overall design is obviously to put out less content less often in order to force you to buy expansions more often.

Back to transmogrifier; I don't know if Blizzard will ever top Tier 6 in terms of design, so you're going to see a lot of Lvl 70 raids I imagine.

Posted this in the gaming thread, but I'll post it here too. Super disappointed that we're not getting to tangle with an old god in this expansion, N'Zoth was pretty much my last gem of hype for Cataclysm. Now with us apparently heading off for Pandaria, it would seem that that whole line is going to be abandoned.

In a perfect world, I'd hoped we'd face N'Zoth and that would transition into an expansion set in the Emerald Nightmare, since that's something he had caused to exist.

The changing armor stuff does absolutely nothing for me. Well, it'll be nice not to have a bird for a helmet and birds for my shoulders. But still, very little.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
TheYanger said:
Then how about we sum it up: Nobody is trying to make anyone feel bad for spending money on something, but people should realize so they don't make mistakes in the future: Slow offhands are EXTREMELY bad for rogues, to the point that vastly weaker faster weapons are superior in most situations. This is because of poison stacking/application rate, and combat potency. Poison is less important for combat spec, but potency is one of your main sources of energy regen as combat (mutilate wouldn't evenw ork with it so I'd assume most assassination rogues would figure it out). It's effectively turning offhand white damage (autoattacks) into mainhand yellow damage (Sinister strikes/eviscerates/whatever you need).

To call simming wrong is simply BAD. Sorry, but you're not remotely near the top of your game if you can't understand the value of sims, spreadsheets, and theorycraft. Not everyone has to be, but most people who aren't have the sense to accept that fact and not stick their nose in it. Sims can be WRONG, but the act of simming things is never BAD. or the wrong thing to do. Rogue weapon speed isn't some grand mystery which is hard to model in a simulation, so why try to question the data.
We disagree sometimes but THANK YOU.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hopefully, the patch will not release in november. We already have enough good stuff that release there.

But seeing how the patch isn't even on PTR yet, i'm afraid november/december is when we'll see it.

And it seems my mage will have to farm some old dungeons... hopefully my guild will think the same thing so they can follow. I don't think i can solo a lot of raid stuff with him.

sn1pes said:
As a noob, what's the deal with 'tiers' for gear? What do the numbers mean?

Tiers are sets of armor that when worn together will give you a set bonus, they usually have strong visual themes and can only be worn by one class at once.

The numbers (I.e 6, 7, 8, 9) describe the order in which the tiers ramp up. (or are introduced to the game.

For example, Right now we have Tier 11, Which was introduced at the beginning of Cataclysm and comes from the slightly easier raids and Tier 12 which was introduced in 4.2 and comes from the harder, Firelands raid. Tier 12 is ~20 item levels better than Tier 11 and is therefore superior in every way.

Edit:

And 4.3 will almost definitely coincide with SWTOR, Blizzard needs to give people as many reasons as possible to not jump on SWTOR at launch.

Angry Grimace said:
I'm gonna gun so hard to grab those Warglaives for my DK

SO HARD. May have to drag people along to upgrade my Shadow's Edge to a Shadowmourne as well...

And I think I ditched most of my DK starting set, but there are remodels for all the pieces of that except for the runesword or axe you get. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure I ditched that. I may go for a T7 look - the DK shoulders there were pretty awesome, but I do still have all of T8 except for shoulders, and T10 is pretty easy to get if I wanted that. Picking out a weapon would be tougher - I have so many good and/or ridiculous looking weapons left in my bank - I kept nearly every one of those that I used for any period of time.

Unfortunate that my main is a DK in this case, since I don't have earlier tier sets to choose from. But that's what alts are for, right? Shaman Tier 6 is absolutely glorious. Shout-out to T10 as well for the shoulder effect. Could always go for off-sets as well.

Anyway...

Besides that, really kind of disappointed that 4.3 will be the "final" patch. We'll probably get a band-aid like Ruby Sanctum later, but still. Pretty much guaranteed to be the expansion with the least end-game content so far, and that's quite disheartening. I think they just want to move on to the next expansion and try and start fresh rather than drag out what has generally been regarded as a failure. I still think we've been cheated out of a raid tier though since 4.1 honestly should not have been an entire patch.

4.3 better be bursting at the seams with stuff to do. If the new expansion does drop in summer though, it'd be more on time compared to having ICC for a year.

I'll probably re-up for killing Deathwing though, and catching up on the stuff I've missed.

Mairu said:
I don't really see them letting you transmogrify anything into a legendary model but we'll have to wait and see

Even if not, I still have some pretty neat things sitting around. Hell, even Shadow's Edge is pretty nice if I couldn't get a Shadowmourne model. Definitely know there are some sweet-looking weapons from BC though that I'd want.

Also saw a blue post on making certain looks available if they were removed or whatnot (like the DK Starter Gear or Dungeon Sets). Though they might not be available when the feature launches.

Curious to see if they'll allow this on PvP gear or what they do there. Prevent gear with resilience on it from being changed?

And of course the down side that has been mentioned is being able to identify a top-geared player by looking at them if they decided to change their gear, though I imagine at least some would keep the current tier's looks to make that known. Still it's kind of weird there.

Mairu

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Even if not, I still have some pretty neat things sitting around. Hell, even Shadow's Edge is pretty nice if I couldn't get a Shadowmourne model. Definitely know there are some sweet-looking weapons from BC though that I'd want.
Even though every paladin in the game is going to be using Judgement, it's too awesome looking to pass up. I'll probably change my tanking sword to either Quel'Serrar or Talon of Azshara. Shield will probably look like Bulwark of Azzinoth.

As far as my DK is concerned I'm like everyone else who vendored the starting set so I don't think I'll do anything with that :(

Angry Grimace

idlewild_ said:
they already said that you cannot remodel to legendaries
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973026165?page=32#632

i can't see this ending well

Musta missed that. Not nearly as cool.

Subliminal said:
Tiers are sets of armor that when worn together will give you a set bonus, they usually have strong visual themes and can only be worn by one class at once.

The numbers (I.e 6, 7, 8, 9) describe the order in which the tiers ramp up. (or are introduced to the game.

For example, Right now we have Tier 11, Which was introduced at the beginning of Cataclysm and comes from the slightly easier raids and Tier 12 which was introduced in 4.2 and comes from the harder, Firelands raid. Tier 12 is ~20 item levels better than Tier 11 and is therefore superior in every way.

Edit:

And 4.3 will almost definitely coincide with SWTOR, Blizzard needs to give people as many reasons as possible to not jump on SWTOR at launch.
They pretty much just wasted Deathwing, so I doubt it's going really persuade anyone that was going to jump ship.

th3dude

Subliminal said:

Edit:

Thanks for the answer.

What do you mean by the bolded part?

So what's the best looking mage tier to transmogrify to? I didn't even play this class til Wrath.

Nice addition to the game, though it gives them a great excuse to make all future tier sets as generic looking as possible.

I have a feeling my DK's PVP sword will look like an Ashkhandi pretty soon if they let us do weapons.

mileS

Just claimed my 7 free days. It will be my first time playing since January I think. Without having to try and find this info on the official forums can somebody give me a quick update on how Hunters and Shamans are doing PvE wise these days? I used to find resto the most enjoyable spec for Shaman, and I've always loved DPS as a Hunter. Auto shot while running around sounds amazing.

witness

Oh i can't wait to rock the DK blue starter set again and I'll be specc'd as Unholy more often now to so I can use the OG rune blade.

Swag

Well fuck I can't transmogrify unless I currently have the item in inventory? I'm not even sure if I still have my Tier 6 set.

Angry Grimace

witness said:
Oh i can't wait to rock the DK blue starter set again and I'll be specc'd as Unholy more often now to so I can use the OG rune blade.
I don't know why people are all upset that they don't have that set any more since the generic Naxxramas gear is the same set as the DK blue starter set.

Alex

Angry Grimace said:
I don't know why people are all upset that they don't have that set any more since the generic Naxxramas gear is the same set as the DK blue starter set.

Not the spawn set, which is cooler with the cowl and robe and such.

Alex

As expected, there's quite a few angry threads about the function. People demanding it not go in or demanding opt-out checkboxes :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I wonder if they will have smarter loot distribution. I mean... it can't be hard to filter out people that got the item already and giving main specs priority. They already track what we get and post it in a feed.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
3 new 5-man instances - Including one in the Caverns of Time. (War of the Ancients was mentioned as a cataclysm instance a few years ago, but a lot of things have changed since then, who knows!)

That Deathwing fight will be the most epic boss encounter to date, including a battle phase that takes place on the massive dragon's back as he flies through the sky.

This will be the last patch that includes new raid content for the Cataclysm expansionn, Chilton said. But there will be another expansion, he added. He's just not ready to talk about it yet.

I was thinking/hoping War of the Ancients was going to be a raid.

So 4.3 with Deathwing is the last raid content for Cataclysm.

...and it sounds like it's only 1 boss?..

Top Bottom