• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Xtyle

Bisnic said:
I'll gladly take these 5 mans if they're as interesting as the ICC ones. But i wonder, is Blizzzard going to make 3 seperate queues for 5 mans once 4.3 is release? I hope not, its going to hurt them. Maybe they'll put the troll heroics in the same queue as the original ones since they'll be pretty easy by then when everyone is in T12 or T13.

They are pretty easy already. I didn't play for 8 months and when I started playing again last week I finished them on my first try in random dungeon. Then couple more times after that. The hard thing was doing it timed. And that is just due to the nature of random dungeon.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
True, they're not the pain in the ass that they were when 4.1 launched(which you missed, lucky you). 2 hours in ZA/ZG... ugh. That first boss in ZG was always a pain back then. Both better gear and experience helped the pugs thankfully.

But you still sometimes have that idiot standing in the cone of death of the 2nd ZG boss or the one not clicking on the poison cauldron against Zanzil.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
"Cross realm RealID grouping is going to be expanded to cover Battlegrounds as well. Depending on how well that works it could be expanded to raids and rated battlegrounds."

nomnomnom

"The next expansion should be released with a "meaningful difference" in the release timeline compared to previous expansions."

wtf does that mean

Pollux

DeathNote said:
"Cross realm RealID grouping is going to be expanded to cover Battlegrounds as well. Depending on how well that works it could be expanded to raids and rated battlegrounds."

nomnomnom

"The next expansion should be released with a "meaningful difference" in the release timeline compared to previous expansions."

wtf does that mean

Maybe they'll release it sooner?

djm

They said on that recent Activision investors call that in response to the large subscription losses, they were switching to deploying expansions more often with less content, basically.

Bisnic

zmoney said:
any idea what the world event could be?

Until we know officially what the next expansion is, there is really no way to tell. Hopefully that Panderia thing is just a rumor. Really not interested in an expansion focused on a panda race.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
djm said:
They said on that recent Activision investors call that in response to the large subscription losses, they were switching to deploying expansions more often with less content, basically.
The wording "meaningful difference" is weird to me.

I would probably rather see another class(es) before a new race(s). Mists of Pandaria could be just us bailing out the Pandarens for one reason or another (some new invasion of evil) without them necessarily becoming a playable race. They could just be the new quest-givers like the Ethereals or some of the other races we have seen in BC and Wrath. No one knows what other kinds of creatures exist in Pandaria either.

My preferred theory at this point for an expansion plot (if it is Mists of Pandaria) would be Horde and Alliance having to go down there and deal with corruption from some old god and flunkies and maybe something to do with the Emerald Nightmare/Dream (though apparently that was taken care of in the books?)

If they do Pandaria it will be interesting as we know next to nothing about the place with no known enemies lurking there. There will probably have to be at least some supplemental content back in Azeroth, Northrend, or Outland as far as I'm concerned at the moment.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
CarbonatedFalcon said:
I would probably rather see another class(es) before a new race(s). Mists of Pandaria could be just us bailing out the Pandarens for one reason or another (some new invasion of evil) without them necessarily becoming a playable race. They could just be the new quest-givers like the Ethereals or some of the other races we have seen in BC and Wrath. No one knows what other kinds of creatures exist in Pandaria either.

My preferred theory at this point for an expansion plot (if it is Mists of Pandaria) would be Horde and Alliance having to go down there and deal with corruption from some old god and flunkies and maybe something to do with the Emerald Nightmare/Dream (though apparently that was taken care of in the books?)

If they do Pandaria it will be interesting as we know next to nothing about the place with no known enemies lurking there. There will probably have to be at least some supplemental content back in Azeroth, Northrend, or Outland as far as I'm concerned at the moment.
There's a Feralas quest to seal one of the portals or something, but I'd like to go through that shit.

So I decided to try PvP for the first time with my new toon and fuck is it bullshit. Everyone has insane gear somehow and i'm getting one-shotted by level 10 players and spawn camped by rogues.

Pollux

Bisnic said:
Necromancer would just be too much like a warlock no?
or too much like a hunter...the idea would be that they could "tame" dead creatures, much like a hunter....

thats what I read online at least....all hypothetical of course

Alex

If it's actually Pandaria, I think it'll be a Monk. Safe, common guess, but I'd like that aesthetic anyway. Although it's a bit hard for me to get worked up for a new class when modern class design is what it is.

ampere

Brewmaster or Monk would seem likely if a new class is made. I'm going to stick with my Shaman though.

I would be tempted to race change if Pandaren joined the Alliance. Though I love Dwarves.

Rokam

I always thought if they did a South Seas expansion Shadow Hunter would do nicely in WoW. A class that actually uses Thrown weapons as a main attack, would also uses bows. It could have a healing spec as well as a caster dps spec. But sadly all it is a hunter and shaman combined as I believe the Shadow Hunter hero used totems as well in WC3.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What's your stance on guildies and profession patterns? I always craft stuff for free and will even give them chaos orbs when it comes to stuff they are going to use the items. But when it comes to auction house profits? A crafting fee is an obvious answer, but it saturates the market and becomes a big competition. There's like 5 people wanting to leech large quantities of each pattern. They got the bright idea to level up mining and herbing to leech of guild alchemists and JC's. They have transmute masters, potion masters, elixir masters, and JC's with different patterns to milk.

Tamanon

Banned
If it's a profession use for the guild and for a raidgroup, free. Anything else, going to have to work out something if it's going to be regular.

Alucrid

Banned
DeathNote said:
What's your stance on guildies and profession patterns? I always craft stuff for free and will even give them chaos orbs when it comes to stuff they are going to use the items. But when it comes to auction house profits? A crafting fee is an obvious answer, but it saturates the market and becomes a big competition. There's like 5 people wanting to leech large quantities of each pattern. They got the bright idea to level up mining and herbing to leech of guild alchemists and JC's. They have transmute masters, potion masters, elixir masters, and JC's with different patterns to milk.

I don't have a problem making stuff for people as long as they provide the mats since I almost never have them. I do have a lot of orbs though and have no problem using them to craft shit for people since they'd be sitting there otherwise. I generally use my Alch's CD before anyone asks though, but chances are I wouldn't let them use it since I've been trying for DAYS to get some volatile air outta it. But no. If they want non CD transmutes have at it. I need to get my priest to 80 (currently 76) so I can stop having to buy gems on the AH. I already prospected like 20 inferno rubies by flying around Twilight Highlands in since 75 ninjaing elementium / pyrite veins from level 85 mobs lol.

ch0mp

Started on heroic ryo last night. Only got about 30 minutes of attempts... but wow. Probably the most fun I've ever had playing the game.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Thanks for the prof input.
ch0mp said:
Started on heroic ryo last night. Only got about 30 minutes of attempts... but wow. Probably the most fun I've ever had playing the game.
What's the diff between normal and heroic?

TheYanger

more damage, of course. when he stomps a volcano oozes spawn around the edges that walk towards him and if they touch him he regains 1% of his armor for each one. the damage makes it so that you CANNOT miss stomping a volcano really, and the dps requirement is a lot higher.

It's been nerfed a lot, it's not nearly as rough as it was, but it's pretty rng and dumb. it's entirely dependent on driving. the rest only matters in the most basic sense.

idlewild_

Alucrid said:
I don't have a problem making stuff for people as long as they provide the mats since I almost never have them. I do have a lot of orbs though and have no problem using them to craft shit for people since they'd be sitting there otherwise. I generally use my Alch's CD before anyone asks though, but chances are I wouldn't let them use it since I've been trying for DAYS to get some volatile air outta it. But no. If they want non CD transmutes have at it. I need to get my priest to 80 (currently 76) so I can stop having to buy gems on the AH. I already prospected like 20 inferno rubies by flying around Twilight Highlands in since 75 ninjaing elementium / pyrite veins from level 85 mobs lol.

you can do the transmute in uldum and be guaranteed volatile air

Bisnic

idlewild_ said:
you can do the transmute in uldum and be guaranteed volatile air

And water from Vashjir, fire from Hyjal and earth from Deepholm.

Made farming my own truegolds much easier knowing that. :D

SuperSonic1305 said:
So I decided to try PvP for the first time with my new toon and fuck is it bullshit. Everyone has insane gear somehow and i'm getting one-shotted by level 10 players and spawn camped by rogues.

Low-level PvP is a complete waste of time unless you are heirloom'd out the ass.

mileS

Just coming back from a long break and i'm trying to get my Hunter ready for raiding again. When I stopped playing, Survival seemed like it was the most dps overall. Now that I'm back, most people I've been inspecting have been Marks, but I'm also seeing much more variety in specs now. If I want to be doing as much dmg as I possibly can, is MM the spec to go these days? If anyone could link me to a basic raiding spec that would be cool.

Jrmint

mileS said:
Just coming back from a long break and i'm trying to get my Hunter ready for raiding again. When I stopped playing, Survival seemed like it was the most dps overall. Now that I'm back, most people I've been inspecting have been Marks, but I'm also seeing much more variety in specs now. If I want to be doing as much dmg as I possibly can, is MM the spec to go these days? If anyone could link me to a basic raiding spec that would be cool.
Honestly right now MM and SV are both very competitive.

I would say MM is slightly higher, maybe 1-2k, but both can easily raid. I don't have a spec handy ATM but I'd just say play which you prefer and have more fun with.

I currently have one spec of each set up on my Hunter.

New Darkmoon Faire Preview is up on the official site and MMO-Champ.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3390849

Indicates new heirlooms and a new Gurubashi-Style Arena among other fun things.

This is the kind of content that should be available all the time though, but I can't fault them for giving it to the Darkmoon Faire - shit needed fixing as it was one of the most useless and boring events starting with BC, except for turning in your decks of cards.

It's just something new to do that isn't necessarily dailies *gag* or new dungeons/raids and that is what WoW needs right now to inject some more life into it besides getting out dungeons and raids quicker.

I still feel like Blizzard is hesitant at this point to invest in building new types of content for WoW and is instead focusing more of their creative effort of new systems and types of gameplay on Titan. At least it seems that way as the introduction of novel elements in WoW has slowed over time. Recently we've just been getting refinements (which may or may not be good) and continuations of existing types of content.

Bisnic

People keep talking about Titan, but this game is still nowhere to be seen, and if we're looking at how announcements and releases work with new Blizzard games usually, the game will release like 3-4 years after its first announced at a Blizzcon. And i would be very surprised that they announce it this year, with Diablo 3, the zerg expansion of SC2 and probably the next WoW expansion already there.

So yeah, predicted announcement in 2012 and release in 2015. woot...

FLEABttn

Banned
Bisnic said:

The game has been in the works since 2006. Unless they made Titan, scrapped it, and remade it from scratch, I don't think it will have a 9 year dev cycle.

Alucrid

Banned
mileS said:

MM (imo) has better DPS and more raid utility. Silencing shot, readiness, and (with the right talents) great AoE w/ stun makes them good for fights in Firelands.

devildog820 said:

Blizzard's next MMO.

Bisnic

FLEABttn said:
The game has been in the works since 2006. Unless they made Titan, scrapped it, and remade it from scratch, I don't think it will have a 9 year dev cycle.

I know it has been in the work for a long time, i'm talking about official announcement with trailers, screenshots, etc. Starcraft 2 was announced in 2007 right? It was probably in developpement for much longer.

Pollux

Bisnic said:
People keep talking about Titan, but this game is still nowhere to be seen, and if we're looking at how announcements and releases work with new Blizzard games usually, the game will release like 3-4 years after its first announced at a Blizzcon. And i would be very surprised that they announce it this year, with Diablo 3, the zerg expansion of SC2 and probably the next WoW expansion already there.

So its for sure that Blizzard is announcing the next expansion this year? if so when would that be released?

Bisnic

zmoney said:
So its for sure that Blizzard is announcing the next expansion this year? if so when would that be released?

It's just a guess because of what Blizzard said at Gamescon and because the next major patch will be the last one with Deathwing. They HAVE to announce it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
How does name reservation work with trial (limited now?) accounts. I have two I accidentally tied to my battle.net account.

Do they delete toons after a time period?

I'm at 10 characters and want to reserve a name for the day I delete a bank toon that has a 3 slot guild bank.

DeathNote said:
How does name reservation work with trial (limited now?) accounts. I have two I accidentally tied to my battle.net account.

Do they delete toons after a time period?

I'm at 10 characters and want to reserve a name for the day I delete a bank toon that has a 3 slot guild bank.

Probably just more likely to be deleted/forced name change by request if below level 10 and not used within a certain time-frame. (If someone petitioned a GM for the name.) Otherwise you pretty much should be good indefinitely.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
CarbonatedFalcon said:
New Darkmoon Faire Preview is up on the official site and MMO-Champ.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3390849

Indicates new heirlooms and a new Gurubashi-Style Arena among other fun things.

This is the kind of content that should be available all the time though, but I can't fault them for giving it to the Darkmoon Faire - shit needed fixing as it was one of the most useless and boring events starting with BC, except for turning in your decks of cards.

It's just something new to do that isn't necessarily dailies *gag* or new dungeons/raids and that is what WoW needs right now to inject some more life into it besides getting out dungeons and raids quicker.

I still feel like Blizzard is hesitant at this point to invest in building new types of content for WoW and is instead focusing more of their creative effort of new systems and types of gameplay on Titan. At least it seems that way as the introduction of novel elements in WoW has slowed over time. Recently we've just been getting refinements (which may or may not be good) and continuations of existing types of content.
Things really have to be crazy at Blizzard because they are finally doing things people have been asking for years now. Stuff like updating Darkmoon Faire was something that should have happened at least 3 times by this point.

Top Bottom