• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

TheYanger said:
it IS the F-NE falling animation for sure, I think it'd be cool if they just deployed on any downward descent, jumping included.

Wonder if it works like a parachute (or mount). Sky-ganking taken to a whole new level.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Some of you speak like getting legendary daggers will be as easy to get as some epic dagger sold from a vendor or a simple boss drop with the "brb rerolling rogue" posts. :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
Some of you speak like getting legendary daggers will be as easy to get as some epic dagger sold from a vendor or a simple boss drop with the "brb rerolling rogue" posts. :lol
Legendaries aren't worth it if you have anything better to do, ever, anywhere.

Bisnic said:

Well sure, but a competent 10-man isn't going to have more than 1 rogue, and a 25-man won't have more than 2-3. So if you raid, and you play a rogue, you won't have to compete with more than 1-2 people (if anyone at all).

It will be fuck easy to get (even if time-consuming) if Dragonwrath was any indication to go by. If it works more like Shadowmourne, it may be a bit more difficult, but again - ability to acquire it on 10 man makes it pretty trivial.

TheYanger

.Yeah given rogue population numbers...this dagger set will basically be an inevitability. They're not going to make it rare random chance like TF/Sulfuras, i see no way they'd make it slow enough to acquire that you won't ALL get them (due to 10 mans, as usual. if 10s can get at least 1 in a reasonable time, then getting the 3-4 you need in a 25 man guild will be easy as well)

dave is ok

aztek is ok
TheYanger said:
.Yeah given rogue population numbers...this dagger set will basically be an inevitability. They're not going to make it rare random chance like TF/Sulfuras, i see no way they'd make it slow enough to acquire that you won't ALL get them (due to 10 mans, as usual. if 10s can get at least 1 in a reasonable time, then getting the 3-4 you need in a 25 man guild will be easy as well)
You know nothing about the method of acquiring one, let alone both of these daggers.

I highly doubt it'll be staggered like the staff is.

TheYanger

dave is ok said:
You know nothing about the method of acquiring one, let alone both of these daggers.

I highly doubt it'll be staggered like the staff is.

It doesn't have to be staggered, in fact it won't be based on comments the devs have made about how the staff panned out.

What we DO know, is that you can get it in 10 man, and 25 mans need to have a rate of acquisition in line with the ratio difference. That means 3:1. It means that since 10 mans PRESUMABLY will be able to get one at some point, 25 mans will presumably not have difficulty getting 3. I've never been in a 25 man guild with more than 4 rogues, ergo, I suspect almost every raiding rogue will have these daggers before the tier is over.

Angry Grimace said:
Legendaries aren't worth it if you have anything better to do, ever, anywhere.

Well, for those of us with absolutely nothing better to do, and geared rogues ready to hit the ground running day one of 4.3, we're gonna be us some batman.

I honestly think we'll be 6/7 heroic firelands waaaay before the patch, we probably won't get h rags tho. We picked up heroic domo after 3 pulls, which is just ridiculous. I wasn't complaining though, I spiked up to 56k dps while I was behind him which I'm pretty sure is my personal best.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
TheYanger said:
It doesn't have to be staggered, in fact it won't be based on comments the devs have made about how the staff panned out.

What we DO know, is that you can get it in 10 man, and 25 mans need to have a rate of acquisition in line with the ratio difference. That means 3:1. It means that since 10 mans PRESUMABLY will be able to get one at some point, 25 mans will presumably not have difficulty getting 3. I've never been in a 25 man guild with more than 4 rogues, ergo, I suspect almost every raiding rogue will have these daggers before the tier is over.
Eh, it could be available in 10 mans but not necessarily feasible to acquire. 5-6 months or something.

Pollux

Bisnic said:
I'm starting to see a few Fire Hawk mounts this week, those things are HUGE. Damn. Saw someone else transformed as the legendary staff dragon. Cool looking mount and badass staff.

Fire Hawk mounts? Where do you get one of those?

Pollux

TheYanger said:
Rag drops it rarely on normal and 100% on heroic. It's huge.
Thats a raid right?
sorry this is a stupid question

I need more cool mounts....what are some that are cool looking but aren't crazy hard to get? My coolest so far is the nether ray.

Also can I solo strat. and kill the baron over and over as long as i reset the instance and get the skeletal horse?

zmoney said:
Thats a raid right?

I need more cool mounts....what are some that are cool looking but aren't crazy hard to get? My coolest so far is the nether ray.

Also can I solo strat. and kill the baron over and over as long as i reset the instance and get the skeletal horse?

Yes, the Firelands raid.

TheYanger

zmoney said:
Thats a raid right?

You can easily run strat for Baron's mount.

As for cool looking...opinions will vary wildly.
http://www.warcraftmounts.com/ should be a good place to look

TheYanger

zmoney said:
Thanks. Is there a limit to how many times i can run it back to back to back etc.?

5 unique instance ids per account per hour. This is an oldschool limitation because of hacking gold farmers who would literally teleport around and finish instances in under a minute. It's a bit outdated now, but you'll probably run into it in Strat (This is a rolling timer, so if you were doing 13 minute clears for instance you would never run into it).

The Raven Lord (Anzu's Mount) is also relatively easy to acquire now. Some 80s, and nearly all 85s shouldn't have a problem clearing up to and killing him. It it in Heroic Sethekk Halls only though, so you can only try once a day for ~1% drop rate, but aside from travel time, it shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes or so.

Pollux

CarbonatedFalcon said:
The Raven Lord (Anzu's Mount) is also relatively easy to acquire now. Some 80s, and nearly all 85s shouldn't have a problem clearing up to and killing him. It it in Heroic Sethekk Halls only though, so you can only try once a day for ~1% drop rate, but aside from travel time, it shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes or so.

TheYanger said:
5 unique instance ids per account per hour. This is an oldschool limitation because of hacking gold farmers who would literally teleport around and finish instances in under a minute. It's a bit outdated now, but you'll probably run into it in Strat (This is a rolling timer, so if you were doing 13 minute clears for instance you would never run into it).

Cool, thanks guys. Any other mount advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bisnic

I hate farming for the Anzu mount, been doing this for months, every day, even on 2 different alts more recently, and still no luck. Sucks since i love the model.

I think I tried getting Anzu's mount for about a month with no luck before I quit.

I got the Swift White Hawkstrider and Blue Proto-Drake on my first attempts in the same day, which I was all sorts of jazzed about.

Anzu and the Swift White are easily soloable, whereas the Blue Proto-Drake takes a bit more effort. I did it as a rogue, but died a few times before I got the strat down. Prolly varies class-to-class.

Bisnic said:
I hate farming for the Anzu mount, been doing this for months, every day, even on 2 different alts more recently, and still no luck. Sucks since i love the model.

I feel your pain, and I only put in about a month.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
not that I wouldn't like to have it, but Baron's mount is the same model and dark color as under city rep... so I don't see how it qualifies for cool looking.

the white one from argent tournament is the most unique looking of it

C.Dark.DN

Banned
zmoney said:
Cool, thanks guys. Any other mount advice would be greatly appreciated.
us.battle.net/wow/en/character/server/character/mount#status=not-collected

change the bold and look through them

If you didn't know, you have a chance to get one of these mounts doing the daily brewfest Coren Direbrew fight through the dungeon finder:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=37828
http://www.wowhead.com/item=33977
You get a Keg-Shaped Treasure Chest at the end of the fight and open it up to see what's inside.

Bisnic

DeathNote said:
not that I wouldn't like to have it, but Baron's mount is the same model and dark color as under city rep... so I don't see how it qualifies for cool looking.

Not everyone is Horde.

So, I brought a friend with me today to farm for the T2 pants in Molten Core. He had Geddon's bindings (for Thunderfury) so of course I said he could have the other if it dropped.

It dropped.

Well, he's happy. Then we went on and I got a Sulfuron Ingot for my hammer and a Blood of the Mountain (those are stupidly rare), and then I went back in with another character and got two more bloods. No pants though. But a good Molten Core evening still.

Now I think I'm down to 6 ingots, 5 bloods and a couple of arcanites before I can make my first and possibly only legendary item.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alucrid said:
Oh fuck. I'm getting those daggers some how. (No rogues raid with me.)
no rogues raid in our 10 man, but a few of us have rogue alts. one might stick with healing because that's what he loves to do. the other would be in line before me if he wants to make the switch. other than that, there's always the possibility of someone leveling up a rogue.

but, iunno if I want to rogue it up for months. i'll see how much I like it after i RTTP. mine has an average of 359 right now.

I'm always confused by the lack of raiding rogues around. Granted, I've been one since the beginning of wotlk, but it's an amazing class. Maybe people just think they're a pvp cheese class and that's all or something. It requires a little bit of strategy, but the results can be incredible. I'm not the authority by any means, and there're TONS of rogues better than me, but if anyone wants to legit roll a new one and level it I can provide advice here or pm's, or raiding tips, or whatever.

TheYanger

Rogues have a stigma of being a shit class, and have for a while. they used to be incredibly popular. /shrug. Now it's a really large deficit, it's not surprising they're trying to encourage people to play them. I loved my rogue.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
theinfinityissue said:
I'm always confused by the lack of raiding rogues around. Granted, I've been one since the beginning of wotlk, but it's an amazing class. Maybe people just think they're a pvp cheese class and that's all or something. It requires a little bit of strategy, but the results can be incredible. I'm not the authority by any means, and there're TONS of rogues better than me, but if anyone wants to legit roll a new one and level it I can provide advice here or pm's, or raiding tips, or whatever.
what's a good finisher/buff tracker?

I use CLC DK on my DK to track diseases, runes, RP. I want all my important rogue info in it's own little dragable UI.

Pollux

DeathNote said:

Well I'm an alliance toon so the only way I can get the skeletal horse is through the Baron....unless I'm missing something?

Edit: didn't see your later post about finding my toon....my b.

Also, I just got to 85, what's the best way of getting higher lvl armor and weapons? do BG and use honor? or run instances and use justice points? or something else?

for buff/debuff tracking I use a switched up forteXorcist which only uses pertinent information, and for finishers I just use audio cues from msbt, with a different cue for 4 points and 5 points. SnD, and formerly rup with mut spec (most of the damage coming from envenomed wounds), can go up with any points so when they go I refresh them.

Bisnic

Shit... my alt won the roll for the ZG 2h mace, but it didnt automatically loot it and i didnt realize until i left... i hate when that shit happen. =/ Can a GM help with that or are they gonna say "deal with it"?

Edit : Eh... nevermind what i said. A GM responded to me like 5 mins after i made a ticket and i already got it. I was expecting a 2-3 days wait haha.

theinfinityissue said:

Yeah, it's always surprised me that in the few raiding guilds I've beenin, there were only myself, and maybe one other rogue. Meant more loot, so I never really complained.

Rogue Power Bars was what I used.

Rokal

TheYanger said:
Rogues have a stigma of being a shit class, and have for a while. they used to be incredibly popular. /shrug. Now it's a really large deficit, it's not surprising they're trying to encourage people to play them. I loved my rogue.

I think rogues were only ever popular as a pvp class. That's what drew people to playing rogues, at which point they might also do pve. Since world pvp has died out and pvp in general in WoW is on the decline with the rise of good MOBA games like LoL, rogues have become less popular.

If people plan on playing a dedicated dps class for pve, most of the community seems to prefer ranged classes.

Rogues are a great class though. Their dps has been competitive throughout all of Cata if you play well. You get so many little tricks to mitigate damage taken or boost your own or your allies, it keeps things interesting. Rag and domo (pre-nerf anyway) were very fun as a rogue because there was a lot of aoe damage that you could cut down to help your healers if you used your cooldowns (like feint and cloak of shadows) correctly.

Since rogues get (roughly) the same amount of abilities each expansion as other classes that might perform multiple rolls, you usually end up finding some use for all of them. Meanwhile, resto druids usually aren't going to get any mileage out of new feral or balance spells. It leads to the class feeling like it has a lot of cool/useful abilities, and it forces Blizzard to get creative when thinking about what to give us.

In summary, rogues are pretty awesome :p

suzu

zmoney said:
Also, I just got to 85, what's the best way of getting higher lvl armor and weapons? do BG and use honor? or run instances and use justice points? or something else?
Run random instance dungeons, get some blues. Collect justice points & valor points to pick up some pieces. If you want to PVP, then do Battlegrounds for honor.

Also there are daily quests you can do for gear/mounts at Tol Barad or Mount Hyjal's Molten Front.

I really like Nug Combo Bar. I've used it more on my paladin though (since I've never had a rogue above level 12 or so. Really elegant way of tracking combo points. You can change the final point to be a different color than the others, and I think you can have it trigger a sound as well - maybe a few other features.

mileS

how is rogue dps doing these days? I haven't raided for a while (still haven't stepped foot into any cata raids besides BH, and that shouldn't even be considered) but from all the ZG/ZA runs i've been doing I never see rogues and when I do they can't seem to get over 12k dps. Just curious. Do most rogues spec combat these days for raiding?

Rokal

It's fine to be honest. Assassination was the preferred spec for most of T11, but Combat seems to be gaining popularity again. I think Catacylsm did a good job making the Assassination rotation more interesting, but combat still plays pretty much like it always has (for better or worse).

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I started playing alliance side on Proudmoore a little while ago. I'd gone several years without seeing people riding around on Ashes of A'lar on my previous servers only to see the thing EVERYWHERE here. It's crazy.

Rokal

DeathNote said:
3 classes are inherently more popular combined than one as far as pures go :p

Right, but individually each of the three is more popular than the rogue class. I'd wager that, for pve, DKs and Warriors are less popular for dps than mage/hunter/warlock. People seem to dislike the mobility that melee requires. The DK in our current raid team was a blood tank for T11. He switched to frost for T12 because we had too many tanks, but he commented that playing a melee dps class felt unpleasant compared to ranged. That seems to be a common opinion for PvE.

TheYanger

Rokal said:
Right, but individually each of the three is more popular than the rogue class. I'd wager that, for pve, DKs and Warriors are less popular for dps than mage/hunter/warlock. People seem to dislike the mobility that melee requires. The DK in our current raid team was a blood tank for T11. He switched to frost for T12 because we had too many tanks, but he commented that playing a melee dps class felt unpleasant compared to ranged. That seems to be a common opinion for PvE.
Weird, just a playstyle thing, most people I know that like melee hate all ranged, and vice versa. I am an AMAZING melee player on almost any toon, ranged....no thanks. Totally different skillset.

Pollux

TheYanger said:
Weird, just a playstyle thing, most people I know that like melee hate all ranged, and vice versa. I am an AMAZING melee player on almost any toon, ranged....no thanks. Totally different skillset.
I'm the exact opposite, although i wouldn't say i'm amazing at WOW in any sense of the word lol, but I love all the ranged classes, but whenever I try to do a warrior or DK i ALWAYS get my ass kicked

Top Bottom