• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

C.Dark.DN

Banned
lol

"25 year game time cards issued to employees of Blizzard Entertainment may not be used to meet the commitment required by this offer."

blizzard employees apparently have 25 year game cards

i'm signing up for the 1 year subscription

I've been using time cards, nice to see it and future ones apply to the commitment. My commitment starts today but my time card runs out the 27th of next month so I have a over a month covered to far.

Pollux

I posted this in the Pandaria thread but I think it MIGHT be better recieved here. Please think about it. I really think we can pull this off, and if it doesn't work then no big deal, we go our separate ways and back to our main toons and guilds.

I REALLY THINK WE CAN PULL THIS OFF

Angry Grimace said:
I think it's just baffling that there's not an official GAF guild.
For the record I've been campaigning for this for over a year. Not that long, but still damn it, lets pick a server vote on a faction and just fucking roll.

Edit: also, don't bother paying for a character transfer...let's just pick new toons and classes and go at it. I kno there ae at least 10-15 of y'all out there that would be willing to lvl and quest and pvp together and then get into raiding. let's just fucking do it. if it doesn't work it doesn't work, but let's give it a damn try.

if anyone is interested in this let me know. please lol. what would people be more interested in re-rolling, horde or alliance? As for server Area 52 used to have a GAF guild we could re-roll on there.

LETS FUCKING DO IT.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
lol

"25 year game time cards issued to employees of Blizzard Entertainment may not be used to meet the commitment required by this offer."

blizzard employees apparently have 25 year game cards

i'm signing up for the 1 year subscription

I've been using time cards, nice to see it and future ones apply to the commitment. My commitment starts today but my time card runs out the 27th of next month so I have a month covered to far.
The guys on the Instance podcast have them too for some reason.

Rambaldi

bunbun777 said:
I have over a hundred pets and let me tell you something-- this pokemon thing is the most exciting news to me of all the extra stuff announced. Magical Crawdad, Nuts, Phoenix Hatchling.

I just got the Petting Zoo achievement the other night so I too am super excited about this. Plus, I love Pokemon and now I don't have to decide between WoW or it. 8)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Rambaldi said:
I just got the Petting Zoo achievement the other night so I too am super excited about this. Plus, I love Pokemon and now I don't have to decide between WoW or it. 8)

I can't wait for my Alliance Balloon to fight a Core Pup Hound.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I only have 24 pets, lol.
102 mounts.

I have a few in the bank I was gonna sell tho.

elementium geode
disgusting oozeling
proto-drake whelp
razzashi hatchling

I HAVE FOUNDED A NEOGAF GUILD ON AREA 52.

If you would like to get in on this train before it implodes in a month or so, message Eatpraymoo for an invite. The name is "NeoGAF Believe" but this can be up for debate.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
keeblerdrow said:
I HAVE FOUNDED A NEOGAF GUILD ON AREA 52.

If you would like to get in on this train before it implodes in a month or so, message Eatpraymoo for an invite. The name is "NeoGAF Believe" but this can be up for debate.
People that are interested need to vote on alliance and horde :p

Yes, it's Area 52 Horde. I only had a paladin sitting on there from dinking around with In Defence of the Genre and he had enough resources to get the guild off the ground.

I'm trying to come up with ranks right now and having a hard time. I already created the Denis Dyack rank for people who need to be muted. It has no speaking privileges in guild chat.

Bisnic

I already have 5 Alliances lvl 85 with every professions maxed and over 100k gold combined out on my server... it's always hard to start somewhere else without those. :( Especially when assholes sells glyphs for 200g lol.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
I already have 5 Alliances lvl 85 with every professions maxed and over 100k gold combined out on my server... it's always hard to start somewhere else without those. :( Especially when assholes sells glyphs for 200g lol.
yeah :|

Bisnic said:

I'm walking away from a similar situation. It can be kind of freeing at the same time as it is terrifying.

I'm just doing this in an effort to actually get this going for once. We talk we talk we talk, no one ever does. Let's try it. We haven't had NeoGAF playing all together since vanilla.

If we want to do this alliance style, I have enough on Bleeding Hollow to get an alliance guild off the ground. I'm trying to do this so I'm not sitting there as Mr. Moneybags and so that we all start around the same square one. But someone needs to bribe the locals to start the charter and buy the first couple bank tabs.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
GAF guild NEEDS to be called "GAF Gold"

But I don't think it would really take off unless you had it start up right around Mists when people come back and re-roll.

Bisnic

Angry Grimace said:
GAF guild NEEDS to be called "GAF Gold"

But I don't think it would really take off unless you had it start up right around Mists when people come back and re-roll.

If we wait until MoP, we should just call it "GAF Pandas" because that's all people will reroll into. Both Horde & Alliance.

Omg... that starting island is going to be a laggy mess if both factions are playing together haha. Get ready to camp that little "boss" for a long time guys.

Angry Grimace

The problem is that it won't really take off if you don't do it when there's a lot of people. It's just kind of a groupthink thing; people are going to be way more interested if it's popular and that's when it would get really big. I guess if you wanted to farm up the necessary guild rep, then it might be fine to start it now, but I can't imagine a big leveling rush right now.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
If we wait until MoP, we should just call it "GAF Pandas" because that's all people will reroll into. Both Horde & Alliance.

Omg... that starting island is going to be a laggy mess if both factions are playing together haha. Get ready to camp that little "boss" for a long time guys.
We will probably be able to share named mobs.

Sai-kun

Banned
zmoney said:
I posted this in the Pandaria thread but I think it MIGHT be better recieved here. Please think about it. I really think we can pull this off, and if it doesn't work then no big deal, we go our separate ways and back to our main toons and guilds.

I REALLY THINK WE CAN PULL THIS OFF

I'm totally down.

suzu

No idea, but if they were doing it I think they'd mention it. :( The old models are going to look even more crappy next to the pandas.

Well, I'm going to try to stay online on Eatpraymoo for the remainder of the evening. We can work out naming and so forth as we go. I've also never led a guild before and don't really know if I'm the immerse-myself-in-WoW-enough personality to do so. I'd just really like to see all the talk become action for once.

suzu said:
So are they really not going to update the character models anytime soon? Boooooo.
Metzen said new character models aren't coming in this expansion, yesterday.

Now Frank Pierce just said that they don't want to update the models because there's a portion of the player base that's attached to those models and wouldn't like their character's looks changing.

That's some great bullshit.

Pollux

keeblerdrow said:
Yes, it's Area 52 Horde. I only had a paladin sitting on there from dinking around with In Defence of the Genre and he had enough resources to get the guild off the ground.

I'm trying to come up with ranks right now and having a hard time. I already created the Denis Dyack rank for people who need to be muted. It has no speaking privileges in guild chat.

I'll be on later tonight, I have no toons over on Area 52 so I will be creating a new one. But I"ll shoot you a message tonight.

Alucrid said:
I'll bite. Shotty huntard since that's all i know how to play.
Bah. We can have two hunters (you and me) although I might roll something completely different if I'm feeling daring. I've never done anything else lol.

What's something that's not too hard to pick up?

Alex

Now Frank Pierce just said that they don't want to update the models because there's a portion of the player base that's attached to those models and wouldn't like their character's looks changing.

It's clearly bullshit in regard to being any sort of actual decision maker, but it is true to an extent. It's pretty fascinating, like a trip to the zoo in a way. There's been several instances in the past where art changes have occured in such a way and some of the... "special" members of the community have flipped their lid over it.

I've told this story a few times but back when they added in a unique Elekk Charger for Draenei Paladins there were quite a few threads filled some of the creepeist posts I've ever seen throwing a fit over it. One person, filled with achivements and clearly with a ton of playtime, kept sobbing that the change literally made them sick and they were now constantly depressed and considering quitting the game...

I'm not the kind of person who gets attached to things, especially in a video game, so clearly these arent the type of folks I can see eye to eye with but... But still, people like that are not the ones who should be catered to by anyone, at any point in time, ever.

I don't have much respect for Blizzard's art and modeling decisions but this was something I really figured that even they would see needed to be done this expansion. Heck, it needed to be done last expansion. It's very awkward to hold a large art panel, showing off all of these slides and improvements while ~50%+ of the players are rolling around on character models from ~2003-2004, a lot of which were absolutely repugnant right out of the gate.

They probably should have just made Pandaren a neutral race/faction and spent the time on old-school models instead, touching up textures, bits of geometry and animations.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
HarryDemeanor said:
Metzen said new character models aren't coming in this expansion, yesterday.

That's misleading.

WoW Open Q&A:
Theres lots of people wanting the reskinning for old races, I was over at the art panel and the pandaren just looked so amazing. They were talking about being 10-20 in the fact alone, is that also something they are looking into for reskinning the new races?

Its the one thing we really want to see brought up to the pandaren level. There are about 10 times more bones in the pandaren models compared to the current character models. We dont know when this exactly will happen, because we are still not unsure how to roll this out because some people might not like the new models as much as they do the old models.

Hmm. I might join up at least for something different to do. Now whether to roll a class I've played before, or something new. Rogue and Warlock are the only ones left I haven't had at a significant level before. I guess I could toss Priest and Druid in there too, but I've had both at around level 40 before.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
more info on updating char models:

Art Director Chris Robinson spoke on this just moments ago at the BlizzCon Open Q&A panel. It was in reply to an attendee who brought up that, in the art panel, it was explained that the pandaren model has 10 times the bone structures of the classic races, allowing for many more facial animations.

To paraphrase his statement -- which isn't too different from what I've said here on the forums before -- we absolutely plan on updating the existing models. As Chris mentioned, we want to make sure we preserve the look and feel of the original models players have come to know and love, while vastly improving their model and animation quality to be more in-line with the newer races.

We're not going to hide behind the statement that too many players will get mad if we tamper with their models, but it's a concern -- not a concern that's going to stop us from doing it, however. I want to stress as well that it's a massive undertaking to go back and do this. And to a lot of people it's something that won't be considered shiny new content. But not only do we hear the masses of players calling for this update, we really feel it's time to bring them up to par with newer models as well.

The game continues to age, but as we have no plans of slowing down on development any time in the near future, we want to keep updating and polishing it to stand the test of time (again, without sacrificing the look and feel which has brought players in over the years).

You are allowed up to 10 characters per server and up to 50 characters per account. You can make or destroy as many as you'd like, as long as you are within those limits.

Guild Information:
<NeoGAF Believe>
Ranks are GAF Platinum, GAF Gold, GAF Silver, GAF Bronze and Denis Dyack. They'll change as we get organized.

Realm & Faction:
Area 52 (PvE) Horde

Goal of the guild:
To collect NeoGAF members in one place in this game, for now. We don't have raiding goals, we don't have PvP intentions. Right now it's a leveling guild and we are all starting out fresh. I have a level 70 guy I'm using to seed the guild. I have barely any money and am using what I have to get us a couple guild tabs and maybe set us up with a seed of bags to spread around. I plan on starting a level 1 myself.

Come to this server for a fresh start over with your fellows from NeoGAF. Roll a level 1. No heirlooms shipped in from another server, no money but what we earn. It's scary, I know. I'm turning my back on quite a bit of comfort myself.

We have no officer structure yet. We will figure that out once we start getting to a position where we'll need leadership. It'll be all based on reliability and responsibility. For now, everyone in the guild can invite and everyone has access to the one guild bank page I've got. No guild repairs, but once we get the guild tax up and running and we build a base of money, we can turn them on. I'm gonna try to be as democratic about this as we can be.

Contacts for the guild:
Eatpraymoo (me)
Aederick

Yes, we only have two so far. Ha. I think once the word gets out, we can get some regulars playing. Also, just search for neogaf and you should be able to bring up everyone in the guild. We can all invite. Just mention NeoGAF and your screenname here for an invite.

Pollux

Syphon Filter said:
Some question from a new wow players. Do they charge extra to make a new character? Also can you only sell one at a time or something?
No you can make as many new alternate (alts) characters (toons) as you ant.

If you have more than one of something *shift* then enter the amount you want to sell.

As a new player get on over to Area 52 and roll in the official GAF guild for only GAFers. you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Alex

I might be interested in a GAF guild at the start of the new expansion. I mean, I probably won't play until then anyway but the way the game is evolving with new types of content and finders for everything the game will finally be detached enough from more serious guilds and raiding to make it viable.

Pollux

Alex said:
I might be interested in a GAF guild at the start of the new expansion. I mean, I probably won't play until then anyway but the way the game is evolving with new types of content and finders for everything the game will finally be detached enough from more serious guilds and raiding to make it viable.
Might as well start a new toon with us now so that when the new expansion hits you can heirloom the hell out of you're panda monk. or w/e else you want to roll.

Pollux

DeathNote said:
the majority of the people, active people, in this thread are in guilds.

i would post in the gaming section
In guilds on Area 52? If not why not just roll an alt and play a little bit when you can with fellow GAFers? I'm in a guild on a Malygos but I rolled an alt becasue I think this would be a fun idea.

suzu

DeathNote said:
more info on updating char models:
Art Director Chris Robinson spoke on this just moments ago at the BlizzCon Open Q&A panel. It was in reply to an attendee who brought up that, in the art panel, it was explained that the pandaren model has 10 times the bone structures of the classic races, allowing for many more facial animations.

To paraphrase his statement -- which isn't too different from what I've said here on the forums before -- we absolutely plan on updating the existing models. As Chris mentioned, we want to make sure we preserve the look and feel of the original models players have come to know and love, while vastly improving their model and animation quality to be more in-line with the newer races.

We're not going to hide behind the statement that too many players will get mad if we tamper with their models, but it's a concern -- not a concern that's going to stop us from doing it, however. I want to stress as well that it's a massive undertaking to go back and do this. And to a lot of people it's something that won't be considered shiny new content. But not only do we hear the masses of players calling for this update, we really feel it's time to bring them up to par with newer models as well.

The game continues to age, but as we have no plans of slowing down on development any time in the near future, we want to keep updating and polishing it to stand the test of time (again, without sacrificing the look and feel which has brought players in over the years).
Well this is good to see. Just found it annoying that they'd bring it up all the time as if that was their main reasoning for putting it off. lol.

McNei1y

zmoney said:
In guilds on Area 52? If not why not just roll an alt and play a little bit when you can with fellow GAFers? I'm in a guild on a Malygos but I rolled an alt becasue I think this would be a fun idea.

You have a gaf guild? I'm interested in just rerolling with people. I have a friend that just rerolled alliance on Shadowmoon. We're only 14 but if there are a lot of GAF people rerolling I'm definitely interested. Is this so?

Pollux

Rambaldi said:
I'd roll an alt for the A52 guild to play just to pass the time. :3

Yes. Roll a Horde toon on Area 52 and shoot a message to "eatpraymoo" or "Aederick" if neither are on, send a message through the mail and we'll shoot you an invite.

McNei1y said:
You have a gaf guild? I'm interested in just rerolling with people. I have a friend that just rerolled alliance on Shadowmoon. We're only 14 but if there are a lot of GAF people rerolling I'm definitely interested. Is this so?

Yes. See above. Come and join us. I'll be on in about 30-45min. and then stay on for a couple hours.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
zmoney said:
I mean different servers.

The gaming section has a lot of people debating whether they want to come back or not because of blizzcon hype.

Bisnic

DeathNote said:
I mean different servers.

The gaming section has a lot of people debating whether they want to come back or not because of blizzcon hype.

Really? All i see is more and more people bashing the game and "lolpandaswowsuck".

Pollux

Bisnic said:
Really? All i see is more and more people bashing the game and "lolpandaswowsuck".

Pretty much, which is why i'm campaigning over here for people to re-roll on Area 52 and then lvl with fellow GAFers.

If you're already playing and planning on lvling an alt you might as well do it ith GAFers.

Top Bottom