• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultratech

Yup, a lot of us remember that. All the dungeons are nerfed into oblivion. I remember when ZF was buggy, and hard as fuck. You wanna summon Gahz'rilla? Nah son, you better have that hammer from hinterlands to hit that gong. Oh, you didn't go through 50 elites to get the hammer? Well you anit ever seeing that boss.

I remember doing that questline back in the day to get the hammer. Shit was bonkers.
Still have it on my Hunter in his bank.

It's rare that any pre-MoP dungeon will take more than 20~ min, and that'd likely be due to the dungeon being a long walk rather than hard.

Pretty much.

Basically, if you're having issues in a dungeon, it's typically due to one or two baddies just being bad.

Fjordson

You generally get them as you do the daily quests that you'd be doing when the content was released.

To Honored was the Golden Lotus daily area
Honored -> Revered was the Domination Point daily area
Revered -> Exalted was the Isle of thunder daily area
Ah I see. And these items I need from raids can drop in LFR?

Fjordson

And I'm exalted with the Black Prince. That was way easier than I thought it'd be. Found a 5 man group, got it in like 2 hours.

Ceebs

Another day of leveling purely with LFD (up to 38 on the paladin now, holy crap this is fast) and I have 2 observations.

Lowbie warriors suck ass. Fuck you all (except the good ones). If you want to tank put on a shield and pick that spec. Otherwise stand back and whack on shit I am hitting.

Hunters do not know how to turn off pet taunts.

Have actually had some good groups with the LFD tool, but then you get the ones with a DPS not satisfied with pulling half the room, they want it all (and they usually are at the bottom of the list in damage done!)

That said, I need some keybind tips. I have way more buttons to press than I did on my shaman. Already using `-5, Q,E, and F and my two side mouse buttons. Where do I put stuff?

Fjordson

Another day of leveling purely with LFD (up to 38 on the paladin now, holy crap this is fast) and I have 2 observations.

Lowbie warriors suck ass. Fuck you all (except the good ones). If you want to tank put on a shield and pick that spec. Otherwise stand back and whack on shit I am hitting.

Have actually had some good groups with the LFD tool, but then you get the ones with a DPS not satisfied with pulling half the room, they want it all (and they usually are at the bottom of the list in damage done!)

That said, I need some keybind tips. I have way more buttons to press than I did on my shaman. Already using `-5, Q,E, and F and my two side mouse buttons. Where do I put stuff?
Could use a few shift + *key*.

Though ever since I got my M95 mouse I use 1-6, Q, E, F, V, T, and then everything else on my extra mouse buttons.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I seriously need to look into openraid already.

I swear the alliance on my server cannot down oon to save their lives half the time. Its either the smoothest kill ever or the worst wipes imaginable. No inbetween.

ZenaxPure

Could use a few shift + *key*.

Though ever since I got my M95 mouse I use 1-6, Q, E, F, V, T, and then everything else on my extra mouse buttons.

I am gonna suggest getting a new mouse as well >_>

But yeah, shift, alt, and ctrl modifiers make things easier if you aren't using them. I use ` through 5, shift ` through 4, and alt ` through 4, and a few other misc ones like shift+tab and shift+z (ctrl is my vent push to talk key so no using it). Then I use 10ish mouse buttons + shift/alt modifiers with those mouse buttons. Honestly I'd hate to play WoW without a mouse with a lot of buttons.

sqwarlock

Like the others said, a new mouse might help. I got a G600 a month or so ago, and while I don't use it for much on my dps characters, I do use it a lot with Grid + Clique on my healers. It's made a huge difference.

As for bindings, I use 1-5, Q, E, R, F, C, X, Z, Alt + 1, 2, & 3, Shift + 1, 2, & 3, and my G600's side keys.

I use 1-6. So...I guess that makes me a clicker? I do have a second AoE focused action bar I use that's just a shift+mouse wheel away. I've thought of taking the time of setting up some proper keybinds and new action bars and add-ons and all that jazz but...eh. I do rather good DPS, I'm really aware where everything is so clicking is not really an issue, and generally it all works.

I even have a G700 that has an assortment of other buttons and almost never use any of them at all for the game, mainly use them for browsing online. I preferred my old Logitech but was unable at the time to replace it. With whatever it was I did actually have a couple things assigned to side buttons but due to how these ones feel and they're placement I pretty much never bother. I did like having spirit wolves set to a side mouse button so I could pop them in a hurry so that might be good to do over again.

If nothing else I should change my mouse button settings because half of them are default things like changing profiles, checking the battery life, and two for going up and down mouse speed settings (changes DPI or whatever that acronym is). And those are all things that when I press them they generally just annoy me more than anything since I don't want different mouse speeds triggered by a button press nor do I change profiles. The battery drains fast enough in this thing that it seems it's almost always in the red whenever I've checked it so I don't even care about that.

Ugh.

CassSept

Yeah. Cata was stupid as hell.

Yay the dragon is dead and now you're preggers.

The worse part was "yeah the titans were awesome so they made us uber-powerful so that when one of us goes mad and wants to kill the world we will kill him our job here is done bye".

Whole Hour of Twilight ordeal was so mind-boggingly terrible that I can't fathom how anyone could have thought it would be cool, even Metzen

Berordn

The worse part was "yeah the titans were awesome so they made us uber-powerful so that when one of us goes mad and wants to kill the world we will kill him our job here is done bye".

Whole Hour of Twilight ordeal was so mind-boggingly terrible that I can't fathom how anyone could have thought it would be cool, even Metzen

They were clearly in a mad frenzy to make SOMETHING for the final patch so they could wash their hands of the whole thing and move onto greener pastures, but the fact that the final tier involved so much nothing just spells wonders for the state the company was in before Pandaria.

Pandaria still has its issues - I absolutely despise the amount of class churn that's goes on even in the middle of tiers, but at least the content is there and the story inoffensive.

And so few cutscenes. SO FEW CUTSCENES.

sqwarlock

Ran through Vortex Pinnacle a lot on my old rogue, but I got the mount to drop today on my 2nd run on this priest. So freaking stoked.

tKirjFw.jpg

kewV9ab.jpg

So I am on the Dark prince part where you have to collect
3 000 valor coins
, Do I have to save all and give it to him or I can spend it in gear and still counts.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I didn't even know that vortex pinnacle mount was rare.. ran that as a pug for leveling like 2 weeks ago and it dropped. I didn't even bother rolling on it. /shrug

Ultratech

Finally got Herald of the Titans on my Bear Druid.

Man, I'd been prepping this alt for what seems like months now and then we go in with a pretty decent group and drop his ass before he can even get a Big Bang off.

Oh well. Time to level him to 90...

Ceebs

Hey at least the tribute run is still in the game :)

Even got myself a Treant's Bane for transmog purposes.

Granted they made it stupid easy

Fjordson

How do you guys buy game time? Just through Blizzard's online store? Seems like the cheapest option around still for multiple months.

Finally got Herald of the Titans on my Bear Druid.

Man, I'd been prepping this alt for what seems like months now and then we go in with a pretty decent group and drop his ass before he can even get a Big Bang off.

Oh well. Time to level him to 90...
Grats man. I still use that title on my main, got it back during Wrath.

Such an annoying achievement, I hated having to farm the gear set for it and all this stuff just for one fight :lol but it's a dope title so oh well. Must be hard to get a group for these days (unless it was a guild thing).

Ultratech

Grats man. I still use that title on my main, got it back during Wrath.

Such an annoying achievement, I hated having to farm the gear set for it and all this stuff just for one fight :lol but it's a dope title so oh well. Must be hard to get a group for these days (unless it was a guild thing).

Thanks!

Yeah, I spent a while trying to get gear for him.
Part of it was because I put it off for a while, and the other part was that getting some of it was a pain.

Then of course, finding a decent group to do it is kinda tough. The one I went with was off OpenRaid and was pretty well-geared with Cata food/flasks/enchants (when possible), so we burnt him down quickly (like a little over a minute and half?). Kinda helped that they were they were pretty strict on gems/enchants and decent gear.

Tried to do it a month or two back with a random group, but their DPS was crap, so we'd end up wiping either because of Big Bang or something stupid. Was a total mess.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
My sub runs out August 15th and I am not going to re-sub.

Been playing since 1st beta round, and day one on release ... that is a long freaking time lol.

I think I peaked during LK expansion for "fun" ... since then it just felt off.

Gonna miss it a ton I think. But with 90% of my friends not playing the last year anyway, should be a short lived withdrawl.

Have fun everyone :)

sqwarlock

God, I still suck at Durumu. Really the only boss from the last few raids that I die consistently to. Pathetic =[

I tend to not know where to stack, and die as that fog rolls over before the maze starts. Oh well, at least as DPS that doesn't affect things much.

CassSept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom