• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Especially since nowadays leveling through LFDs is so fast you can quickly be undergeared. It's quite stupid how quick that is.

Definitely true. My rogue just hit outland and if it wasn't for heirlooms I'm not sure how I'd be faring gear wise. Hell I still have 1-2 slots with gear from the 30s that I simply never saw drops for.

Way to screw more the enchanters on instances..

We already got bonus rolls, and now they want people to have more shots at gear? Ugh. Why is the focus so much on loot? Is this more pandering to people who say they never get anything ever? I really worry about the future of this game when I read some of these blue posts.

I still havent earned something from Durumu and he is the second one who drops left handed weapons and caster trinkets.

I dont like the random drop for each person instead of getting the same loot acording to the same class.

Talents

Banned
So guys, I finally hit 90 on my Warlock and I'm gonna start PvPing soon, I'm just wondering though, what's better to use, a 1h+offhand or a staff? I remember it used to be 1h+offhand I think. Is that still the case?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
So guys, I finally hit 90 on my Warlock and I'm gonna start PvPing soon, I'm just wondering though, what's better to use, a 1h+offhand or a staff? I remember it used to be 1h+offhand I think. Is that still the case?

Used to be off hand then staff then offhand then who knows. Nowadays go with the one that mogs the coolest.

Whooter

Until we learned it, sure. It was hardly "nigh unplayable", though, which was my only point.

Definitely hard, though.

I did say it was "nigh unplayable" for random groups (via the dungeon finder.)

It was perfectly playable for groups that could/would communicate with each other.

Bizazedo

I did say it was "nigh unplayable" for random groups (via the dungeon finder.)

It was perfectly playable for groups that could/would communicate with each other.

We formed random groups via common channels back in the day, y'know.

And no, I have zero sympathy for people who don't talk.

Sunken Temple was probably the most confusing dungeon ever in vanilla. Great times.

Blackrock Depths tops it. Fucking. Maze. And you had groups that only did Jailbreak. Or stopped at the Black Forge. Or were just runs for people getting the shadowforge key. Or groups stopping at the bar because someone was only there for Thorium Brotherhood turnins. Or you had the one guy who needed MC attunement and forced you through all that extra trash to then say bye and not finish the Emperor run. Too many intersecting questlines, not enough people helpful or patient enough to do everything in there, like coffer keys, ring of law events, schematic farming, etc. It was a wonderful dungeon and I miss it, but I don't miss the 4 idiots standing next to me as they derped their way through an entire underground kingdom saying 'hey where r u guys.'

Sunken Temple runs were a mess though, that's for sure. Wipe on Hakkar? Haha, you're done. Miss one minitroll? Haha you have to go back that barrier is still there. Someone fell through the hole in the center of the third floor? lol

I had a screenshot on my old HDD with 7 of us kneeling around the throne at the end of BRD. Just random pugs, the lot us, I was a fairly fresh 60 too. It felt like a fun accomplishment, good times =D

CassSept

I remember even when levelling and trying to go through every instance I steered clear of BRD

Sunken Temple was still a terrible experience, God

Jedi2016

Oh sweet jesus! Excuse the double post but I just saw this:

iW2fWEl.png

Guaahahahahahah FINALLY. Sorry but ninja looting needs to die. We can rebuild it, we have the technology. Ninjaing loot is sooooooooo 10 years ago at this point. I wonder why they took THIS damn long to roll this out.
I actually didn't know about this loot method at all until a couple days ago. I just dinged 90, and got into a Galleon group. I DC'd at the very end of the fight, and when I logged back on, everyone was disbanding and going home, I was all "Well, fuck, I missed the loot roll". So I fuss about for about twenty minutes or so, go to log off, think "Hm, have I emptied my bags yet?". I open my bags and there's a 496 epic ring sitting in there (remember, I just dinged, so that's a pretty damned big upgrade, and my first epic on this toon). I had no idea it worked that way, I had to look it up to find out where the hell the thing had come from, it just magically appeared in my bags.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They don't need LFR loot in LFD. They need to put a few days of effort into making the system smart enough to figure out situations in which people can ninja.

I actually didn't know about this loot method at all until a couple days ago. I just dinged 90, and got into a Galleon group. I DC'd at the very end of the fight, and when I logged back on, everyone was disbanding and going home, I was all "Well, fuck, I missed the loot roll". So I fuss about for about twenty minutes or so, go to log off, think "Hm, have I emptied my bags yet?". I open my bags and there's a 496 epic ring sitting in there (remember, I just dinged, so that's a pretty damned big upgrade, and my first epic on this toon). I had no idea it worked that way, I had to look it up to find out where the hell the thing had come from, it just magically appeared in my bags.

It also works if you're in an LFR or dungeon queue and you have tagged and damaged Galleon/Sha/Nalak/Oondasta. If the queue pops and you are removed from the fight and it still dies, the game rolls for you and if you won something it shows up in your mail. It's a weeeeeird system.

Kenai

I run them on my main spec and just ask in chat before I roll on offspec gear. It helps that I am doing this on my Shaman for mail gear.

If everyone did that WoW would be a better place, unfortunately that is not the case at all.

As noted, it's already so easy to get gear that I honestly don't think all that much about it, even when I was gearing up in Heroics. If I needed something and lost the roll to someone that didn't deserve it I might send a whisper and ask about a trade and explaining my reasoning but honestly it's such a minor setback that I just continued on and got something else to replace that slot.

Yea a bag at the end after every boss might be interesting, like how they do LFR but with better odds at Blues instead of a really low chance of Purples.

Considering how they changed getting gear from last expansion I wouldn't be surprised if they were interested in changing it again, that's why I'm going with the assumption that things might very well be different later. For example they might change how JP works since so many people are capped with nothing to spend it on, or how VP gear can get outdated very quickly as well outside of gear upgraders. The lack of mounts in 5 mans has been a problem too and those could be rare bag drops, although there's still plenty of those I don't have so I won't complain much. All things that they might be looking into refining, especially with Flexiraid coming and probably staying. I think a nice balance can be found so that if they release 5 mans after launch they have a better loot system in place.

Ceebs

So I ran into my first few DK's while Paladin tanking, and can't seem to hold aggro at all. They are constantly pulling it off of me. Now I know jack shit about DK's since I tried one and instantly said not for me when they first came out, but is this just stupid new DK's? I have had zero threat problems so far so I would guess the answer is yes.

Draxal

So I ran into my first few DK's while Paladin tanking, and can't seem to hold aggro at all. They are constantly pulling it off of me. Now I know jack shit about DK's since I tried one and instantly said not for me when they first came out, but is this just stupid new DK's? I have had zero threat problems so far so I would guess the answer is yes.

DK quest gear is equal to t2.5. They just start out broken.

Ultratech

They don't need LFR loot in LFD. They need to put a few days of effort into making the system smart enough to figure out situations in which people can ninja.

That's my thoughts on the issue.

Frankly, if the current system can determine loot for different specs, there's gotta be a way to reprogram the logic for Need/Greed rolls.

Like I was running my Bear Druid through one of the Cata dungeons yesterday and a Tank trinket dropped. Guess who won it? A goddamn Resto Druid.

Pretty much what Draxal mentioned.

Fresh DKs are basically better geared than most other characters leveling at that point in the game.

Cipherr

This system IMO solves that problem. No other system you are describing is going to be able to handle it flawlessly. MMO's have been trying for years. This new single loot system is just flat out superior. I can see no real convincing reason to stick with the old system except for genre 'tradition'. But tradition doesn't make it good, it just means its been around a while.

And I'm glad that they didn't just decide to restrict need rolls based on the dungeon loot 'spec' system. Anyone who plays a priest can tell you that their classifications for loot are a hot mess for classes like that. I just want to be able to do runs, not worry about ninjas, and also heal a run while gathering gear for my dps spec without having to bother asking/bothering the group about it.

About the only thing they could do is make the loot tradeable to people in the group, so if you get something in a 5 man you don't need, you can give it away. But it still shouldn't read out what you won to the group IMO. Don't need people begging me for shit I won. And I also love the idea of the roll on each boss indicating whether you won gold or loot, but holding that reward until the instance is cleared; THEN giving you a box with the loot/gold inside of it from all the boss kills in the run. Encourages people to stick around. I doubt they go that far though.

Tamanon

Banned
Alright, my warlock went from level 88 to level 90 and just hit ilevel 461 in one day. Get to do a few LFRs before the reset.

I love days off from everything.

Whooter

We formed random groups via common channels back in the day, y'know.

And no, I have zero sympathy for people who don't talk.

Indeed. But that still involved discussions between players to at least determine experience level, etc. before setting out. With the advent of the dungeon finder, you had 5 players dropped in together from wherever at whatever experience level. Possibly speaking different languages.

Forming a group the old-school way, to me, was not "random".

ch0mp

This system IMO solves that problem. No other system you are describing is going to be able to handle it flawlessly. MMO's have been trying for years. This new single loot system is just flat out superior. I can see no real convincing reason to stick with the old system except for genre 'tradition'. But tradition doesn't make it good, it just means its been around a while.

And I'm glad that they didn't just decide to restrict need rolls based on the dungeon loot 'spec' system. Anyone who plays a priest can tell you that their classifications for loot are a hot mess for classes like that. I just want to be able to do runs, not worry about ninjas, and also heal a run while gathering gear for my dps spec without having to bother asking/bothering the group about it.

About the only thing they could do is make the loot tradeable to people in the group, so if you get something in a 5 man you don't need, you can give it away. But it still shouldn't read out what you won to the group IMO. Don't need people begging me for shit I won. And I also love the idea of the roll on each boss indicating whether you won gold or loot, but holding that reward until the instance is cleared; THEN giving you a box with the loot/gold inside of it from all the boss kills in the run. Encourages people to stick around. I doubt they go that far though.

While the LFR loot system introduced in cata was broken, I liked that gearing would (theoretically) accelerate each week, similar to normal/heroic raiding, because people wouldn't need to roll on every drop. Unfortunately people are dicks. Would have preferred "you can't roll on anything you already have in bag/bank" instead of just a 15% chance or whatever it is.

I think you would see less frustration too, due to getting the same old cape every week when all you want is the weapon.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anyone know if Lightning Steel Ingots are going to be used for new BS recipes in 5.4? I'm wondering if i should continue making them or not.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Any word of maintenance yet? Maybe we'll get lucky and just have server restarts.

The front page just mentioned that the arena server would be down for maintenance, but with half the realms having login issues right now, who knows what may change :p

Fjordson

Damn, looks like Sargeras is having issues also. Can't log in =[

Always unfortunate to run into issues right before the weekly reset. I need to get in my weekly Tempest Keep run :lol

Eklipsis

I was stuck on the loading page trying to get to jade forest. I logged for a few mins and when I came back everything was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom