• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I always go to BlizzCon!

I am not making a BlizzCon thread. :p
I am making the Blizzcon thread :3.

You have to take pictures man, promise me that!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I still debating if i should use 1750 valor points for a 522 belt when i have a 502 one currently. That seems like a lot of valor points for 20 more item level. Especially when 5.4 isn't so far away.

Maybe i should try to slowly get to the 4k Valor cap in the following weeks instead... might be hard to resist though.

mclem

I still debating if i should use 1750 valor points for a 522 belt when i have a 502 one currently. That seems like a lot of valor points for 20 more item level. Especially when 5.4 isn't so far away.

Well, you could spend 2250 valor on a 530 one, if that affects your viewpoint.

Tarazet

Maybe i should try to slowly get to the 4k Valor cap in the following weeks instead... might be hard to resist though.

There is no new valor gear in 5.4. All you would be able to do is buy the 522 pieces (at a reduced price) and upgrade the new stuff you get, provided they don't remove the vendors again. Also, it seems likely they will convert it to JP as this is usually what they do in this stage of the expansion when the old VP gear is buyable with JP.

Cipherr

SpHUdTw.jpg

I'm screaming

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
There is no new valor gear in 5.4. All you would be able to do is buy the 522 pieces (at a reduced price) and upgrade the new stuff you get, provided they don't remove the vendors again. Also, it seems likely they will convert it to JP as this is usually what they do in this stage of the expansion when the old VP gear is buyable with JP.

No new VP items? That would be a first... So all your VP are going to be used to buy gear at worst item lvl than LFR Orgrimmar or to upgrade your items?

That seems kind of shitty.

scojitsu

Must resist urge...
Must not give in...

Man, I'm really tempted to resub just to lay waste to that bastard Garrosh!
Is he last major boss before the next expansion? Is he like Deathwing was to Cataclysm or Lich King was to Wrath?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Must resist urge...
Must not give in...

Man, I'm really tempted to resub just to lay waste to that bastard Garrosh!
Is he last major boss before the next expansion? Is he like Deathwing was to Cataclysm or Lich King was to Wrath?

Yeah, he will be the final boss of this expansion.

So I'm looking for a nice Shaman-esqe shield to transmog? Anyone got any ideas?

I like the Red Dragonscale Protector.

sqwarlock

Thanks. Will look into that.

And of course when I do Molten Core no Tier set I need drops.

Ran MC on my priest for the first time yesterday and had mage, shaman, paladin, and warlock tier pieces drop. No priest ones. Oh well. At least today's the reset so I can try again quickly.

Totalriot

So I'm looking for a nice Shaman-esqe shield to transmog? Anyone got any ideas?

I like the Illidari Runeshield.

But now I need to brag! I have had the best luck ever this week:

luckwowbvjd8.jpg

First I got the Binding from Garr after getting Geddon's Bindings three times. Farming 100 arcane kristals was kind of annoying, though. And then this evening I finally got the off-hand Glaives!

Best thing is as a fury warrior I still do 60k DPS when equipping either of these weapons on my offhand. More than enough for dailys ;-)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

They just haven't put any items in yet

Draxal

This should not really affect the Living Steel price at all. You'll need the the exact same amout of Ghost Iron Bars (10) as you need now for Lightning Steel Ingots. Only difference is you'll also have the option to smelt your Trillium Ores or to get multiple Bars from transmuting the Ghost Iron.

... and where did I imply that it was? All I said was that lightning steel ingots are getting replaced by this and living steel is still going to be worth more.

Fjordson

Anyone on alliance feel like doing a heroic scenario soon? Maybe later tonight or sometime tomorrow. I'm up to 502 item lvl and still can't get into a group lol.

finally a 502 ilvl shoulders for my mage, no sigh for a decent ring or gloves still stuck with a pvp ring.

Ugh, just hit 86 on my warrior alt. I freaking hate slow boring MOP zone leveling.

I stayed in dungeons till 89 when it required more ilvl, did the klaxxis quests to reach out 90 and get good gears to go to heroics.

Tarazet

I'm really enjoying my Brewmaster now after playing my bear since MoP launch. Tons of character and fun abilities, and I think he's actually less squishy than any of my other tanks were just starting in MoP. (Got a 90 Druid, DK, and Paladin) I spammed elder charms to get the T14 4-piece and a couple of weapons, and it was well worth it. Tanking Horridon with 479K HP was no problem at all.. just keep up Shuffle and Power Guard, macro Elusive Brew to Jab, purify Stagger after every Triple Puncture. Very undramatic.

It's a brilliant combination of proactive and reactive abilities. The only tank that feels completely polished and thought out in this expansion IMO. They run way hot on threat, but for now, I'm undergeared so it balances out. I just wish the drop rates from LFR were better. They're such long instances that it's a pain to run them repeatedly.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm sure that, like always, they'll realize that all these random systems changes are actually a terrible idea for a playerbase that's annoyed at the constant redesigning on live content, but I don't think we'll actually see it for 5.4.

They "removed" VP gear a couple times now. He's gone on this rant a few times now about alternate progression (that always tellingly involves grinding some dailies); nobody wants Ghostcrawler's dumbshit alternate progression. We just want insurance against no loot in raids.

The biggest problem here is, of course, WoW designers keep chasing the white whale of some system that causes players to log in every day that isn't raiding. The problem starts to impact everyone when you realize the designers are actually willing to fuck with content and progression to force players kicking and screaming into this, despite the fact that it never, ever amounts to something more than "run a bunch of fucking daily quests."

Up to six Sky Shards now. Got two this week just from redoing the Golden Lotus dailies and one other from farming for an hour on the sprites. I told myself once I was up to seven I'd spend more time just farming for the last few. Alani isn't that far away at this point.

I also continue to open Primal Eggs with duplicate raptors and the wrong Mysterious Camel Statues. Oh well.

So I stopped playing WoW at the end of Cataclysm. I had raided hardcore since BC on the EU-Silvermoon server in some top end guilds. I played as a DK, and took great pride in being able to play my class properly. Especially when there was a lot of stigma about the DK in general. I also loved playing as a disc priest, the idea of preventing damage from happening before it actually happened was amazing.

The reasons I stopped playing were :

1- Time investment. I was used to having the best of gear and playing to a high level, farming like hell to make sure the guild had everything we needed to raid at our maximum. The thought of playing casually but not being at the cutting edge of raiding somewhat ruined it for me.

2- 25 man raiding started to die out. 10 man raiding just doesn't cut it for me. The problem then being that finding the "right calibre" of players for 25 man raiding was difficult and thus the performance dropped overall.

How is the game now from a PvE point of view? Has 25 man raiding recovered? How is MoP? Is it worthwhile getting my feet wet again?

So I stopped playing WoW at the end of Cataclysm. I had raided hardcore since BC on the EU-Silvermoon server in some top end guilds. I played as a DK, and took great pride in being able to play my class properly. Especially when there was a lot of stigma about the DK in general. I also loved playing as a disc priest, the idea of preventing damage from happening before it actually happened was amazing.

The reasons I stopped playing were :

1- Time investment. I was used to having the best of gear and playing to a high level, farming like hell to make sure the guild had everything we needed to raid at our maximum. The thought of playing casually but not being at the cutting edge of raiding somewhat ruined it for me.

2- 25 man raiding started to die out. 10 man raiding just doesn't cut it for me. The problem then being that finding the "right calibre" of players for 25 man raiding was difficult and thus the performance dropped overall.

How is the game now from a PvE point of view? Has 25 man raiding recovered? How is MoP? Is it worthwhile getting my feet wet again?

I believe 25-man raiding continues to be on a decline from the bit of talk I see here and there. I don't actually keep up on the numbers or really aim to look into it at all so I could be incorrect. But if it's not declining I don't believe any steps were made to improve the situation.

As for MoP it's almost unanimously considered one of the best expansions for the game. I think there's some that would place it second behind some other favorite but generally it's extremely well liked and they've been doing a good job putting patches out more quickly and providing plenty of content. If by asking about the state of PvE you're meaning more than just raiding then there's plenty to do and more to come with this upcoming patch as they've introduced pet battles (perhaps not exactly pve...), the Brawler's Guild, and soon we'll have Proving Grounds. There's also loads of scenarios to check out with the heroic versions still being somewhat of a challenge when geared up. The zones of MoP are some of the most fleshed out with having plenty of stuff scattered around for lore, treasures that give gold (small thing but a nice surprise each time you stumble on one), and oodles of rare mobs that all have a chance to drop some unique, often silly items.

I'm not a serious raider to go deeper into if MoP is great in terms of raiding. In my own opinion I believe Wrath had the best quality overall for better structure and scope but we still haven't seen the final raid for this expansion and it could blow me away. The current raid, Throne of Thunder, is extremely linear and I believe everyone agrees that the difficulty has been managed poorly as most of the hardest fights are fairly early on. In fact all of the raids are linear with no optional bosses or branches to take to fight bosses in a different order. Anyhow, that's about the best I can answer in terms of raiding.

Absol

My luck this week is shit. I ran the Zandalari wing of LFR today four times for the Bad Juju trinket on Council. That was painful due to all the thrash which are really boring to fight. Used all my bonus loot on the Council and nope it didn't dropped. Decided to run Pinnacle for the resto trinket on Leishen and also nada. Killed both Nalak and Galleon and again nothing. So, between 6 LFR bosses, two world bosses, and 3 bonus rolls all I got were gold gold gold. God damn. Not even one item I didn't want dropped from them :(

mclem

Gnngh, so close. We're reaching P3 on Lei Shen with everyone alive, now. I think now it's just a case of being able to get a foothold on the final section; once we can reach a moment on that section with everyone on good health and not wildly scattered, we'll be able to convert it into a kill.

flotsam

Neo Member
Gnngh, so close. We're reaching P3 on Lei Shen with everyone alive, now. I think now it's just a case of being able to get a foothold on the final section; once we can reach a moment on that section with everyone on good health and not wildly scattered, we'll be able to convert it into a kill.

We're in pretty much exactly the same position (on 25man HC) but we just need a few more attempts practice to get it down. I have wildly optimistic hopes for tonight...

Which tactic did you go with in the end? We're disabling Static Shock and Diffusion Chain to have them active in P3 and using Mass Spell Reflect to dump more DPS back onto Lei Shen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom