• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceebs

Sometimes, when im healing with my Holy Paladin, i like to throw my Light's Hammer on a big group for AOE healing and some damage.

Sometimes, that hammer alone is doing more DPS than one of the DPS players.

CFJI5Se.jpg

I have been bitching about DPS classes in dungeons all week while leveling my Paladin Tank. It's no wonder they do garbage DPS at 90 since they have never learned to play the class properly while leveling. If you can't spam your AOE attack at it, they have no clue.

I had a group today ask me to pull the next set of trash with the boss so they could AOE it all at once.

Enosh

I ran some dungeon the other day, ended up #2 on the DPS charts. And by a pretty wide margin, too.. the #3 guy was waaay back.

I was the tank.

(would have been funnier if I was the healer, but oh well)
if you are second as tank in a dungeon it just means you aren't pulling fast enough :p
don't settle for anything bellow nb 1! ^^

then again, most dps in heroic dungeons is about 470 to 480 these days, which is way bellow my ilvl

EekTheKat

I had an entire guild group from Skywall trying to troll me, their tank was pissed that I was running ahead of them so he had his entire useless guild dps stand by while I soloed a boss in a heroic dungeon.

And yes, heroic dungeons are comically easy for a somewhat geared healer.

Then the second trend is tanks pulling unnecessary mobs in the middle of a fight. Or pulling unnecessary out of the way mobs for no reason at all.

Reminds me of why I absolutely hate the people in WoW these days, know it all players trying to pull bullshit like this.

On the bright side, my healing kit is averaging 60k dps, 60-80k healing depending on the fight. It's even extra hilarious on fights with a damage boost buff.

It's a bit sad how you can totally game both damage and healing meters, and to some people that the meter is the only thing that matters (and defines who you are as a player).

I had an entire guild group from Skywall trying to troll me, their tank was pissed that I was running ahead of them so he had his entire useless guild dps stand by while I soloed a boss in a heroic dungeon.

And yes, heroic dungeons are comically easy for a somewhat geared healer.

Then the second trend is tanks pulling unnecessary mobs in the middle of a fight. Or pulling unnecessary out of the way mobs for no reason at all.

Reminds me of why I absolutely hate the people in WoW these days, know it all players trying to pull bullshit like this.

On the bright side, my healing kit is averaging 60k dps, 60-80k healing depending on the fight. It's even extra hilarious on fights with a damage boost buff.

It's a bit sad how you can totally game both damage and healing meters, and to some people that the meter is the only thing that matters (and defines who you are as a player).

I do that on my blood DK to get extra vengeance but I'm way overgeared for them (522 ilvl). On my mage in heroics (also way overgeared for them) I pull mobs with or without the tank if I know I can solo them which pisses them off if they aren't pulling fast enough.

Fjordson

Now I see why no one would take me for heroic scenarios when I was under 500 item level. They'll kick your ass if you aren't paying attention.

Now I see why no one would take me for heroic scenarios when I was under 500 item level. They'll kick your ass if you aren't paying attention.

I think you asked for Alliance people? Add me and I'll go with you whenever. I go regularly with guildmates and not all of them are geared super well. The last one I ran I did the majority of the damage and was the only one alive during the boss fight at the end and had to solo most of the fight.

Real ID is LordWibble#1924. I hop on and off randomly so just send me a message anytime you see me on. Oh, except tomorrow evening is raid night and I told them I'd probably be around. Ugh. Anyhow, I'm 520 geared so I don't mind helping out and doing some heroic scenarios with non-guildmates every now and then.

Edit:
I think it also depends on which one. Dark Heart of Pandaria is a pain in the ass underleveled.

I honestly find this one really easy. The easiest is Crypts of Forgotten Kings or whatever. Blood in the Snow is still the one I consider the hardest. Plenty of accidental mobs due to them being packed tight with a bunch of patrols. And they can hit super hard with the blizzards, berserkers, and mid-boss/boss units being a big pain.

Fjordson

I just did Battle on the High Seas. Wasn't as tough as the one I did last night (Secrets of Ragefire) and we had a pretty geared rogue at like 535 who was doing really good DPS.

But the final boss fight is made tougher by the fact that the camera is always right up on my character's ass :lol the sails and the masts of the ship forces the camera angle to zoom in tight the whole time. And that deck isn't really a large area, so it starts to get really difficult to dodge the incoming cannon fire and shit from the boss. Crazy annoying.

Finally got the heroic deeds quest finished, though. 516 neckpiece! Woo!

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So I'm not sure of this counts as cheesing the system but... my main on my server is alliance. Rolled a horde alt, and besides gathering profs, I figured I would sell the extra battle pets I get from my weekly old raids, but sell them horde-side.

I then noticed that certain pets (namely the Netherspace Abyssal) are selling for about 800-1k alliance side, and for about 3.5-4k hordeside.

Making a pretty great profit "transferring" gold across factions this way :D My horde toon is 72 (with 280% flying already), and chilling on about 14k.

Atsumi

I just picked up WoW again, but I'm sort of scared to get into dungeons. I quit shortly after Cataclysm (I think my Boomkin was 83 at the time) and am working on leveling 90. I'd like to get the dungeon quests done, but I'm afraid my skill (which isn't great) will just make people mad. I'm in the gear from the monkey dudes at the Jade Forest right now and doing ~10k DPS on my own at 86.

Not even sure what I should expect right now, but it seems pretty low.

I'm definitely enjoying the pet battles and leveling a character from scratch again.

Tamanon

Banned
You should be fine in the leveling dungeons. There's only really a trick in the Shado-Pan Monastery where DPS will kill a group.

Otherwise, gotta jump in some time.

Atsumi

You should be fine in the leveling dungeons. There's only really a trick in the Shado-Pan Monastery where DPS will kill a group.

Otherwise, gotta jump in some time.

Maybe I'll finally jump in tomorrow. I've been doing some reading since I never really level capped my Boomkin, nor do I have instance experience with it. Being the disappointment of the group sucks. Especially with how rude people in LFD can be.

vocab

Ya, you should be fine. Shadopan is the only roadblock while lvling.

Keep at it with the boomkin. They are complex, but they are really valuable to have around.

30 lightning steel ingots I have no real use for, how do people sell the 502 BOE weapons? It's not like I want to make the weapon first and pray a buyer shows up.

Cipherr

So level 100 next exp? :O

On PTR btw.

Thought it was cool.

It would be nice if they did 10 levels for the next expansion. I hope they do that. The 5 level thing is lame. I like leveling my characters. The questing and dungeon runs etc. Its just far to brief when a new expansion hits to cap your level since WOTLK hit.

sqwarlock

You're on Sargeras, right? Add my character (Netiaa) if you ever want to run. I'm only at 500(Disc) and 502(Shadow), but I'll gladly join you.

Tarazet

I ran some dungeon the other day, ended up #2 on the DPS charts. And by a pretty wide margin, too.. the #3 guy was waaay back.

I was the tank.

(would have been funnier if I was the healer, but oh well)

Just wait until you get some gear. I have full ToT normal gear plus two heroic pieces, 537 ilvl Druid tank.. I go into a dungeon and it's like I'm leveling in full heirlooms again, doing 70% of the group's damage. After a couple of pulls they stop pushing buttons because everything is already dead by the time they caught up.

Slayerx

Well according to wowhead the first 8 bosses can drop all legendary quest items appropriate to your stage of progression on the questline.
In addition, there's some catch-up mechanisms in place for the legendary questline--the first eight bosses in Siege of Orgrimmar have a chance to drop a Sigil of Power, Sigil of Wisdom, Secrets of the Empire, or Titan Runestone in addition to their normal loot for players on the appropriate step in the legendary questline.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's fucking horrible.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why? If you dont like it dont play.
5.4 dropping all legendaries throughout the entire expansion pack is a bad design choice. It has nothing to do with me...

RPGCrazied

Welp, I guess next expansion is 10 more levels, unless those weapons get changed. Sucky LFR can't get those BoA heirlooms, but even this is probably not enough for their continued complaining normal/heroic raiders.

I'm glad the secrets and runes drop in Siege. They never drop in ToT so it seems, I just did all of the wings yesterday and got a whopping 1.

strafer

I hope it's 10 levels. 5 levels doesn't really feel like an expansion.

Also 10 years of WoW.

Coincidence? I think not.

Believe.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Any PvPers here? What are the highest burst damage specs at the moment?

Mainly pvper here. Ret pally, BM hunter, and Feral Druids have some pretty insane burst, even on plate. Locks, Shams, and Monks are close but a bit behind. Mages/Rogues can put it out but they have a lot of setup they need to achieve it. Warriors/DKs can put it out but it's basically pop all cds and then be useless for 3 mins.

mclem

5.4 dropping all legendaries throughout the entire expansion pack is a bad design choice. It has nothing to do with me...

Worth noting that one thing that *isn't* listed is the key item which drops off Sha of Fear and later Lei Shen to complete certain stages. If they hold true with that, you're not going to be able to completely omit visiting Terrace and Throne.

Encouraging people to play earlier instances is one thing, expecting them to farm them is something very different; and yes, I think the current setup does lean a little to far in the 'farm' direction.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, expecting people who are late into the legendary questline to farm ToT for a few months during 5.4 to get 20 Secrets and 12 Runestones is a bit too much. They wouldn't even have time to do Siege of Orgrimmar.

TimeKillr

We wiped like 4 times yesterday on Lei Shen at like 2%... Always we had a dumbass who either died during P3 to a Lightning Whip or something similar... Or someone who takes a battle rez during winds...

Ugh. Hopefully we'll get him down tonight.

My hunter only just started the 3k valor quest, so if I can move on from farming ToT right away when 5.4 hits, that would be amazing =O

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I stopped playing because I knew I would have to do ToT a dozen more times for literally zero gain other then the chance of legendary drops. So no, this is a good design choice.

Berordn

We wiped like 4 times yesterday on Lei Shen at like 2%... Always we had a dumbass who either died during P3 to a Lightning Whip or something similar... Or someone who takes a battle rez during winds...

Ugh. Hopefully we'll get him down tonight.

If you can make it that far, you can definitely kill him. Our first kill was a massacre on our end, but we still got him down with one person up.

Yeah, expecting people who are late into the legendary questline to farm ToT for a few months during 5.4 to get 20 Secrets and 12 Runestones is a bit too much. They wouldn't even have time to do Siege of Orgrimmar.

I am on the first week of the 3k valor points, no way I can catch up the 12 runestones in time.

Magnus

I'm just about to begin the Secrets part of the chain today.

Can we continue farming TOT in addition to SoO to maximize secret/runestone drops each week?

TimeKillr

If you can make it that far, you can definitely kill him. Our first kill was a massacre on our end, but we still got him down with one person up.

Yeah I'm positive we'll get him tonight. We should be good - it's just a matter of making sure we're good in the transition before, but we're getting it down.

I'd love to down him tonight - it would give me an early night. Then we can start doing some heroic modes next week.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sorry for the dumb question, but if I'm at level 38 and my buddy is around low 20s could we still run dungeons together?

You could, but you would have to run there yourself with a group of friends if needed, you won't be able to use the dungeon finder.

cdyhybrid

Plenty of classes with good burst atm. Rets, ferals, BM hunters, shamans, mages etc. Are you just looking to one-shot people?

Mainly pvper here. Ret pally, BM hunter, and Feral Druids have some pretty insane burst, even on plate. Locks, Shams, and Monks are close but a bit behind. Mages/Rogues can put it out but they have a lot of setup they need to achieve it. Warriors/DKs can put it out but it's basically pop all cds and then be useless for 3 mins.

Thanks for the answers. My current main is a Warlock, so I should be alright for now. Was just wondering if I should level up yet another alt for PvP :p I asked about burst because I like killing people (I pretty much only play DPS classes).

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
10/12 Titan Runestones. Hopefully I get the remaining during the next lockout period.

Also, gamescom is creeping nearer, though my suggestion that Patch 5.4 would be out before our during that convention seems less likely. Mike Morhaime said in the ATVI conference call on August 1st 5.4 would be out "in the coming weeks". The next patch will be at gamescom in one way or another though,

We’ll have pre-made level 90 characters lined up and waiting for you to try out some of the new features coming in Patch 5.4, including the new Timeless Isle zone and Proving Grounds. And if you never got the chance to try out a brand-new pandaren or explore Pandaria… well, you can do that too!
Some of the new features, including Timeless Isle and Proving Grounds. Well, the other features are Siege of Orgrimmar, Flexible raiding, Connected Realms and the revamped Arena system. And all class changes as well I guess. I wonder what they'll go with.

Also, the live raids this year will be in Throne of Thunder:
On Saturday and Sunday, two top guilds will tackle WoW’s toughest content before your eyes. Famous guilds Method and Genuine will be raiding Heroic Pinnacle of Storms (the final four bosses of Throne of Thunder, ending with Lei Shen himself), with many of their players live on stage, and a caster to talk you through their expert techniques and tactics.
Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10529912/World_of_Warcraft_at_gamescom_2013-06_08_2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom