• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYanger

Yup, it was pretty fun!

Managed to get the cooldown reduction trinket and a got a ring.
Also got that neck from Thok, but I already got a better one.

Flex has been pretty crap on giving me a weapon though. :|

Just hope it wasn't too annoying >.<.... we were pretty drunk.

Kraftwerk

Didn't Metzen say that he might bring back Illidan at some point? I wouldn't be too surprised if it happened.

Yeah. He asked the fans once too. He had said he definitely wants to bring him back. It will probably happen when the real battle with Kiljaeden happens.

Man, I cannot wait for that final raid. Fighting gods and possibly other corrupt pantheon members, and then you finally get to Sargeras.

Ultratech

Just hope it wasn't too annoying >.<.... we were pretty drunk.

Nah, ya'll were pretty cool.

I was trying to drink along with everyone before I ran out of beer.

I just hope they find some way to bring Kael'thas back again for a third time. Maybe replace his head with a giant crystal.
CrystalofPower-Large.png

"Magister's Terrace just another setback...now that I have no body, I'm free to destroy you all!"

I'm sure they'll find a way to bring him back again, even it makes no sense. lol

Ripclawe

Banned
why can't blizzard implement a system where the more characters you level on an account, the less XP you need to level them up... BAH

Tacitus_

Pretty nice alt/casual raid. 4 bosses down and we one shotted the first and fourth bosses. I think everyone already had experience from Flex on the bosses, but it's a bit more forgiving. If the curve from our main raids holds, we'll clear half the place next time :D

Fjordson

someone carry me through garrosh flex 8(

Blizz rng hates me and refuses to drop a weapon.
You and me both (except my problem is trinkets :lol).

I seemingly need a flex 3 carry this week. Didn't have a problem the first few weeks, but been in two failed groups since Tuesday. Hopefully can find something tomorrow night.

strafer

My guess would be yes.
I'm actually pretty surprised that Blizzcon is so close, yet nothing concrete has leaked yet.

That is great to be honest. Makes Blizzcon even more exciting.

Can't wait for the light to darken and the Blizzard logo popping up.

shivers.

Tarazet

this is one of my biggest gripes with the game, of all the things blizzard has made easier they seem to have forgotten about professions. they're really fucking annoying nothing fucking fun about them lol. now that we level faster we cant keep up with the gathering crap and then forced to grind them out.

Herbalism and mining are vastly easier than they used to be, since you can just grind them out 100% in Pandaria. And there's an NPC by the farm that can powerlevel you through cooking, too.

Artanisix

Garrosh is the most fun fight I've ever done (as a casual). Was working through it on flex with a group of people. We didn't down it but it was great.

one daay i will get you my heirloom

lordmrw

You and me both (except my problem is trinkets :lol).

I seemingly need a flex 3 carry this week. Didn't have a problem the first few weeks, but been in two failed groups since Tuesday. Hopefully can find something tomorrow night.

4. I've gotten the tier chest token 4 times, no trinket. Last Wednesday I won it again, did a bonus roll and got another one. That just ain't right.

Fjordson

4. I've gotten the tier chest token 4 times, no trinket. Last Wednesday I won it again, did a bonus roll and got another one. That just ain't right.
Aw man, that's shitty.

Definitely an unlucky boss for me as well. I bonus roll Sha of Pride every week and haven't gotten anything on normal, gotten two chests on flex, and the rest has been =[

Acidote

Still stuck on Shamans HM. And not a single fist weapon or agi axe/mace has dropped yet off the bosses or coin rolls. Not in normal, not in HM.

Sad panda face.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I really really hate the 2nd wing of SoO LFR. If one or two tanks leaves(which happens too often), we have to wait nearly 20 mins to get another... i think i've spent nearly 2 hours in there yesterday because we had to wait for tanks 2 or 3 times. And this is without the wipes. Surprisingly, we never wiped on the shamans, but wiped on every other bosses.

Here's hoping the 3rd and 4th wings aren't this bad.

TimeKillr

I really really hate the 2nd wing of SoO LFR. If one or two tanks leaves(which happens too often), we have to wait nearly 20 mins to get another... i think i've spent nearly 2 hours in there yesterday because we had to wait for tanks 2 or 3 times. And this is without the wipes. Surprisingly, we never wiped on the shamans, but wiped on every other bosses.

Wing 3 REALLY isn't bad. It's actually pretty easy - Malkorok is simple, Spoils is LOLWTF and Thok is pretty simple.

Wing 2 is where the shit happens, really. Galakras needs people to know what they're doing to go into the towers (there's always idiots who position themselves at the wrong place or who don't go up), Iron Jugg is easy, but then you have Shaman where people just stand in shit and just act like kids then Nazgrim where people dps him down in Defensive Stance just because, or who don't kill the Warshamans (or don't interrupt them), healing the boss and guaranteeing a wipe.

Wing 2 is VERY bad in LFR because of mechanics that require players to pay attention. You'd have to make the fights simpler but it's not that easy to do.

Galakras - I'd remove the towers entirely, making them get destroyed in a time-based manner (and making Galakras drop down at a specific time - essentially make the tower raid being done by the forces with you rather than by you). Dark Shaman I'd remove some of their abilities (Ashen Wall and the Slimes, probably) AND remove the need for a tank swap and Nazgrim I'd make Defensive Stance not take any rage on damage + severely nerfing the Warshamans so that their heals don't guarantee a wipe.

Wing 1 is very accessible, Wing 3 is also very accessible but Wing 2 is overtuned, imo. That's why there's a severe lack of tanks - you don't want to be tanking Shaman (it's a shit fight to tank when there's no communication and you end up with a stupid tank) and the absolutely toxic nature of LFR makes it very difficult to stomach. People already are rude idiots in LFR, and it's much much worse when you start wiping.

vocab

Thok in lfr is hilarious. They removed the 1 shot mechanic completely. Siegecrafter and klaxxi are gonna be a nightmare.

Peachpies

You might as well get loot for dpsing a target dummy with those kinds of changes. There are already so many mechanics in lfr you can ignore and if you keep removing those at some point it stops being a "raid" (even if a watered down form) and becomes "aoe the adds/boss for 5-10 minutes".

I strongly recommend that you try to get LFR done on Wednesday. That's usually when the highest quantity of decent players go through LFR.

Kraftwerk

Would anyone be interested in getting a group together for the heroic gold challenges?

GAFFFFF halp me pls.

I am willing to tank them. haven't done any of them.

Since I have been burnt out of my warrior and tanking in general, decided to FINALLY lvl a caster. I also wanted a class that I will be able to do a lot of solo content which I love doing. My Boomkin is lvl 40 now, and I am really happy. Feels refreshing and and a nice change. Looking forward to raiding with this guy next expansion. Going to retire my warrior for now.

Cipherr

I was doing Flex with my guild last night, which I had never done, and one of the more aggressive guys in the guild started yelling at me on Galakras for not running behind the ranged ground in Phase 2 for Flame of Galakras. I'm not sure I understand why I would need to do that vs. just using Cloak of Shadows to avoid the damage; he was saying that it would wipe the raid if I let it hit me without running behind the ranged group.

That's sort of not cool for them to last minute invite you to a raid that you didn't know the mechanics of, them scream when you got something wrong..... Those fireballs are ignorable in LFR. There's really no way to know the differences in the modes unless you are researching beforehand. And since it was a last minute invite I'm assuming you didn't have time to read up on it.

TimeKillr

You might as well get loot for dpsing a target dummy with those kinds of changes. There are already so many mechanics in lfr you can ignore and if you keep removing those at some point it stops being a "raid" (even if a watered down form) and becomes "aoe the adds/boss for 5-10 minutes".

But it's LFR. That's the whole point of it - it's essentially 25-man instances.

Since when have you needed to do any sort of work in a 5-man instance? Even day 1, you could completely ignore mechanics (except on very specific fights, but even then those mechanics are guided).

That's the thing - now that there's Flex, there's very little reason for anybody who actually wants to raid to do LFR. Almost none whatsoever, and it's even worse with the fact that there's no valor loot.

Flex is easy-mode normal raiding, and is the difficulty I wish LFR would be, but LFR is essentially now a way for casuals to see content. It's not meant for most people in this thread, to be honest, nor do I think we should expect it.

Fights like Shamans are hard because they're the same as in Flex/Normal, except they don't hit as hard and some mechanics aren't insta-kill. There's still as much shit everywhere, and it's a complete clusterfuck that is really not suitable for LFR (the same problem was present with Durumu with the maze: you can't expect people who barely understand a priority rotation and who pull off a whopping 20k dps in 510 gear to navigate the damn maze).

Bisnic

Burning Crusade and Cataclysm! Oh those were the days.

Honestly, i'd rather have todays pathetically easy 5 mans with a 5-10 mins queue for DPS(with the dungeon lasting just as long) than the 45 mins-1 hour queue that we had back in Cataclysm with tougher, CC required, 5 mans that also lasted over 1 hour(sometimes 2 hours if your group was shit).

Sure, the 5 mans were more interesting, but i like queuing and getting out of them in less than 30 mins so I can go back to whatever else I was doing.

Honestly, i'd rather have todays pathetically easy 5 mans with a 5-10 mins queue for DPS(with the dungeon lasting just as long) than the 45 mins-1 hour queue that we had back in Cataclysm with tougher, CC required, 5 mans that also lasted over 1 hour(sometimes 2 hours if your group was shit).

Sure, the 5 mans were more interesting, but i like queuing and getting out of them in less than 30 mins so I can go back to whatever else I was doing.

I would like both.

The easy 5-mans for heroic blue gear, very rare purple drops.

Higher difficulty 5-mans, which require CC and what not, take 2 hours that drop raid quality gear. Like the TBC heroics, which even with people that already had raid gear were difficult to navigate. make them a 3-day lockout instead of daily.

TimeKillr

Burning Crusade and Cataclysm! Oh those were the days.

While I miss the difficulty of Cata heroic 5-mans, I understand that we wiped a HELL of a lot and they took forever to finish before people started getting geared. It was sad. :(

I think there's a balance that can be had - the MoP 5-mans were pathetically easy the DAY they came out. As in I could chain pull the day I hit 90 - now I can pull almost the entire instance and require very little healing. Hell I gave a challenge to a healer friend of mine yesterday and asked him to dps as much as he could and heal me as little as possible, and we cleared a bunch of 5-mans with zero healing from him. If there's competent DPS, I don't need healing at *all* in 5-mans, which is kinda ridiculous.

Bisnic

While I miss the difficulty of Cata heroic 5-mans, I understand that we wiped a HELL of a lot and they took forever to finish before people started getting geared. It was sad. :(

I think there's a balance that can be had - the MoP 5-mans were pathetically easy the DAY they came out. As in I could chain pull the day I hit 90 - now I can pull almost the entire instance and require very little healing. Hell I gave a challenge to a healer friend of mine yesterday and asked him to dps as much as he could and heal me as little as possible, and we cleared a bunch of 5-mans with zero healing from him. If there's competent DPS, I don't need healing at *all* in 5-mans, which is kinda ridiculous.

While I hate doing this usually, i barely feel like waiting for the tank in 5 mans anymore, i mean my ret paladin is so damn OP right now for 5 mans that the tank can't hold aggro at all and shit dies in 5 seconds anyway. When you do 200k DPS and the tank does barely 30k...well that kinda kills the whole point of having a tank.

Entropia

No One Remembers
The Shattered Halls was pretty hard, from what I remember.

Think I did that dungeon 5 times total in TBC.

Yeah tanking was a different game in TBC.

If you didn't have a Prot Pally for that place you were screwed.

I miss the more hybridization that existed back then. Like, one of the BIS weapons for a Prot Pally was a caster mace because it gave more threat and such. Wish Blizz didn't move away from that.

profit

Yeah tanking was a different game in TBC.

If you didn't have a Prot Pally for that place you were screwed.

I miss the more hybridization that existed back then. Like, one of the BIS weapons for a Prot Pally was a caster mace because it gave more threat and such. Wish Blizz didn't move away from that.

Psh, I tanked that place on my warrior like it was nothing!
My hands were really tired after each run though, constantly tabbing between mobs and spamming everything I could.

Tacitus_

Cata HCs were hard but fair. Now TBC HCs, goddamn! So much bullshit in them.

Tacitus_

Because half the classes/specs didn't work in BC. Still better than the two thirds not working approach in Vanilla.

That was a part, but they were just tuned out of wack. Slave Pens had those those packs of 2 mobs that you couldn't CC, would enrage, mortal strike and reflect spells. Sogood.gif
And I think Slave Pens was one of the easiest HCs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom