• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Presumably the time limit. There's a clock on the top-centre of the screen by default, and various voice emotes about defense systems being fully online just before everything goes boom. Clicking the lever early is simply impossible, wouldn't cause direct issues.

You can't even click on the lever before you have the 50 energy. If everyone dies at the same time, you hit the time limit.

mclem

I see... i guess next time i should queue as DPS rather than healer, because wiping 4 times on a fight that simple is stupid. If that means replacing a potential shitty DPS doing 30k DPS to my paladin doing 100k more DPS, then so be it.

It's not *necessarily* the DPS's fault, it's in part also the responsibility of the tanks to spawn sufficient mobs to reach the timer, and the responsibility of the raid leader to split the groups correctly; no use having all your best DPS on one side!

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Still no SoO weapon and I've burned a bonus roll on sha and naz every week

FUUUUUUUUUUCK YYOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU BLIZZARD RNG

profit

Holy shit. MEGATON.

oTVFyhW.png

Was he the guy who used to have a lot of inside information about WoW? Correct me if I'm completely wrong though.

Hixx

Was he the guy who used to have a lot of inside information about WoW? Correct me if I'm completely wrong though.

He runs MMO-Champion.

Did used to leak a lot of stuff but I believe he ended up having to make an agreement with Blizzard iirc.

Tacitus_

He runs MMO-Champion.

Did used to leak a lot of stuff but I believe he ended up having to make an agreement with Blizzard iirc.

Yeah, MMO-Champion popped to fame with all the leaks / data mined stuff he was posting. Blizz put a stop to that by making them an official fan site :d

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, MMO-Champion popped to fame with all the leaks / data mined stuff he was posting. Blizz put a stop to that by making them an official fan site :d

They still tend to have datamines and leak shits first, so I wouldn't say blizz really put a "stop" to it.

Entropia

No One Remembers

They still tend to have datamines and leak shits first, so I wouldn't say blizz really put a "stop" to it.

From talking to a Blizz guy at the last BlizzCon:
Yeah someone still leaks to him, and the reason they pushed Curse to make it a part of their network is so that he would stop posting the leaks because he'd be under an NDA.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Well, the most important thing people want to be leaked (what the hell is the next expansion) hasn't happen yet.

I guess there was that time with the "Dark Below" title, but that turned out being fake.

TheYanger

What's your pattern for that? I'm curious. When we were trying it on Flex last night the dude who coordinates our raid strategy was saying the order is "Green crates -> One big crate -> All the smalls and mediums", but that just feels a bit weird, because it *feels* like the big crate takes so little time to burn down that you'd be better off killing the 2 big crates first, then doing the mediums and finishing with all the smalls you need...

And Nazgrim on Flex or Normal is pretty easy, really. The *one* thing to make sure you do is space your tanks evenly, kill banners, interrupt warshamans and kill the assassins asap. Other than that, it's a basic awareness fight. You should never get a Ravager, very few war songs, tons of banners and tons of leaps.

Our trick for it was to make sure that me and my co-tank were spaced evenly, at maximum range for taunt, so that we could taunt off on 3 stacks instead of the normal 4 that it should be. The extra range he has to walk takes about 1-2 seconds, and that's always enough to clear the sunders from us, which doesn't lead to us wiping the raid with back to back war songs.

Once you get that down, it's literally just a matter of making sure your raid has awareness and is burning down the correct shit. (and not hitting during defensive stance, which is where you get rid of any extraneous adds).

Lust once he reaches 11% and you're in the clear.

The following bosses are pretty simple, too - Malkorok is incredibly straightforward, Spoils is a trash fight and Thok is just LOL (you barely need awareness for it).

Kind of depends. Obviously, difficulty varies with difficulty level, but the general pattern is that the mogu massives do a lot of raid damage and are better tackled solo, and the mantid guys are pretty manageable and you want to open smalls/mediums alongside it and have 3ish mobs up at all times.

TimeKillr

That's a lot more movement than I'm comfortable with. I generally take the Mogu quarter first, and I'll run off to start on the green crate near the gate while sending a rogue or hunter off to the other green crate to open it up and MD/tricks the mob over to me. From there I basically work clockwise, opening crates when I'm comfortable. From that position, you'll get two small crates you can start on while finishing off the panda mobs, then you're straight into the first big one. When he's lowish I'll take down the next one near me and so on. When we hit the second large crate we have heroism on our side (we always find Mogu much tougher than Klaxxi).

Doing it this way, when we reach the far wall medium crate, there's only about 4-5 more units of energy needed, which I'll grab selectively from the crates on the other side. Flex isn't particularly representative, but I've been known to get there with a full minute remaining on the clock.

On top of that, going with a regular system allows you to get used to the crate contents - I don't *think* they're randomised - that allows a little bit of preparation for the Anima golems, which can be dangerous unless you work around the healing ability.

Klaxxi side is basically the same; I hit the green crate by the gate while sending a MDer over to the other one, then we work anticlockwise through that.

It sounds to me like your method simply requires far too much running around; you don't need to be that selective, and the time saved by opening crates that are near to one another would probably be beneficial in the long run.

I'll look that up. It makes sense, so I'll see what happens the next time we do it.

vocab

Still no SoO weapon and I've burned a bonus roll on sha and naz every week

FUUUUUUUUUUCK YYOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU BLIZZARD RNG

I got my first one hander last friday, and its the first one I have seen dropped in 6 months. So.. I'm gonna have to wait another 6 months to see another one hander before I use it.

Bisnic

I hope the next expansion is going to be in another alien world like Outlands, especially with the Burning Crusade Legion tease we got from Wrathion during MoP. Love the look of the alien zones, especially Zangarmarsh. Even the nightmarish Blade's Edge Mountains look badass with the giant spikes everywhere.

strafer

I hope the next expansion is going to be in another alien world like Outlands, especially with the Burning Crusade tease we got from Wrathion during MoP. Love the look of the alien zones, especially Zangarmarsh. Even the nightmarish Blade's Edge Mountains look badass with the giant spikes everywhere.

Xoroth <3

Question about Challenge modes.

Do you need Blue Heroic gear to do it or can you go with your current gear and it automatically adjusts to the required challenge ilvl?

Bisnic

I like leveling

first time around

hate alts

Don't worry, they'll improve the heirlooms again.

This time for 1-90, for 2500 Justice points a piece, assuming you own the 1-85 version, which you also need to pay extra Justice points to upgrade the 1-80 version. And to make matters worst, lvl 100 heroics bosses will now only drop 50 Justice points instead of 100.

I'll probably come back around christmas. My guild is on hiatus playing FFXIV so I'll just end up doing LFR seige of ogrimmar and probably unsub again. At least until the next expansion.

TeaFan

Anybody on Silvermoon Eu, alliance side? I just re-rolled there and am looking for a decent guild. Or if anyone could recommend me a good server that would be great too

Don't worry, they'll improve the heirlooms again.

This time for 1-90, for 2500 Justice points a piece, assuming you own the 1-85 version, which you also need to pay extra Justice points to upgrade the 1-80 version. And to make matters worst, lvl 100 heroics bosses will now only drop 50 Justice points instead of 100.

They have to work on making the game more alt friendly. Making heirlooms more accessible is a good start. More importantly, they gotta make it easier to play with alts in end game. This is the first expansion where I've had 3 chars at max level, and I quickly realised keeping up with all three just burns you out way too fast. I dropped my pala tank. Next exspansion I'll probably prioritize it over my resto shaman though, as I feel that a good or bad tank will affect the raid more than a healer, and I am tired of subpar tanks.

Making the game more alt friendly is on top of my wish list for the next exspansion, along with tri specs. Dual spec just doesn't cut it anymore.

CassSept

Yeah from PTRs and stuff. Back when he started he had data mined stuff from the Friends & Family Alpha.

TBC times or when? MMOC was already the place to go when I started playing the game in early TBC and I remember them posting news from WotLK beta (including the very popular dancing Lich King model). Hell, in Cata MMOC featured a direct link to IRC datamining channel where discoveries were posted as they were made heh.

zulfate

Im only leveling my shammy and a monk. Im done with alts for awhile, fucking old wow is starting to feel like a 1970s carnival ride. I am not sure what they can do to help the process as i know they dont want to toss out all that content they have worked hard on.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Question about Challenge modes.

Do you need Blue Heroic gear to do it or can you go with your current gear and it automatically adjusts to the required challenge ilvl?

It down (not up) grades your gear to 463. There are better/worse items based on the way it scales gear, you need to play around with it a bit.

Loxley

Thought this video was interesting, curious if anyone agrees with his choices.

Top 5 Scumbags in WoW's History (side note - they're all PvE/Raid related)

5. People who went to low-population servers to bang the AQ gong just so they could get the mount and the title - screwing over the people already on that server who had planned a specific time to start the event so everyone could reap the rewards. Also, Greek raiders.

4. Rogues who camped out The Black Temple and cheesed loot spawns and raid resets in order to get a Warglaive to show up on Illidan's loot table.

3. Gearscore and the assholes who cared about it, especially in WotLK

2. Blizzard's decision to make 25-mans and 10-mans the same difficulty in Cata, screwing up the balance for 10-mans.

1. DKP abusers, and - to a lesser extent - DKP in general.

vocab

The DKP abuse gets even worse when people are stealing main spec gear for off spec. any rogue who got thunderfury when it was current most likely abused the system for it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Shhhhiiiiieeeeeeeeettttt. If Bibi is finally going then this is going to be one hell of a BlizzCon for WoW players.

What?

Why does that indicate anything? He's in the UK or something right? It's probably just super expensive for the guy and he finally decided to go.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What?

Why does that indicate anything? He's in the UK or something right? It's probably just super expensive for the guy and he finally decided to go.

More like his employer Blizzard just paid his ticket.

Anoregon

Just had about the best flex group ever. Clean 1 shot of blackfuse, 1-shot of paragons even though a healer left right at the pull, and killed Garrosh on the 2nd attempt with like 3 people in the raid still alive.

Still no fucking weapon, but I at least got 2 tier pieces out of it.

Ultratech

Just had about the best flex group ever. Clean 1 shot of blackfuse, 1-shot of paragons even though a healer left right at the pull, and killed Garrosh on the 2nd attempt with like 3 people in the raid still alive.

Still no fucking weapon, but I at least got 2 tier pieces out of it.

Not bad!

Went and did Flex 4 on my Hunter earlier and got a trinket off bonus roll and the bow from Paragons.
(Which BTW, is pretty neat. It has the sonic rings and crap coming from the bow when you shoot it sorta like the Arch gun.)
One-shotted Siegecrafter and Paragons which was nice.

Garrosh took us several attempts, but we finally got him.
Didn't get anything from him though and my controls/keys completely went to shit early on in our first few attempts.

Fun Fact: Doing Garrosh in First-Person View kinda sucks.

Fjordson

Came up big in the clutch tonight. Doing first wing of flex, last four possible runestone bosses for the week, and I went 3 out of 4. 10/12 runestones now so I'll finally be done next week =D

I got 5 on my mage the first week, and 4 this week. Just need 3 more, out of which 2 are guaranteed, so I pretty much assume I'll have the legendary the next week.

Just need 4 on my shaman, but he's given me a little more reason to be skeptical. Last week I just needed 2 secrets. I got one of the first boss I did in tot so I was confident I wouldn't even have to waste any of the bosses in part 3/4 or soo. No such luck. Didn't get the last secret before twins. That left me with the 2 guaranteed rune stones plus one more from one of the soo bosses. I got 5 this week though. So I still think I'll get the 4 I need next week. Just not as confident as I am with my mage.

Thought this video was interesting, curious if anyone agrees with his choices.

Top 5 Scumbags in WoW's History (side note - they're all PvE/Raid related)

5. People who went to low-population servers to bang the AQ gong just so they could get the mount and the title - screwing over the people already on that server who had planned a specific time to start the event so everyone could reap the rewards. Also, Greek raiders.

4. Rogues who camped out The Black Temple and cheesed loot spawns and raid resets in order to get a Warglaive to show up on Illidan's loot table.

3. Gearscore and the assholes who cared about it, especially in WotLK

2. Blizzard's decision to make 25-mans and 10-mans the same difficulty in Cata, screwing up the balance for 10-mans.

1. DKP abusers, and - to a lesser extent - DKP in general.

lol oh yeah...FUCK GEARSCORE

LFM ICC10 need 2 tanks 5.7k GS MIN
LFM Vault of archavon , link achieve and have 5.2k GS pls

oh god

mclem

Doing it this way, when we reach the far wall medium crate, there's only about 4-5 more units of energy needed, which I'll grab selectively from the crates on the other side. Flex isn't particularly representative, but I've been known to get there with a full minute remaining on the clock.

Just as a quick update: We got Nazgrim and Malk yesterday, so in the last ten minutes we threw in a couple of pulls on Spoils. It looks like the same pull order is effective enough in normal, too; we wiped, but that was due to not respecting the matter swap ability from the golems, not through poor kill rate.

TimeKillr

Just as a quick update: We got Nazgrim and Malk yesterday, so in the last ten minutes we threw in a couple of pulls on Spoils. It looks like the same pull order is effective enough in normal, too; we wiped, but that was due to not respecting the matter swap ability from the golems, not through poor kill rate.

Good shit! We failed HARD on Malk yesterday because some of our people are really lacking in raid awareness and kept dying to avoidable shit. ALL. THE. TIME. It got my raid leader so incredibly pissed (and me too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom