• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

Nice
Deathwing has been unleashed! Beginning today, October 15, players are able to get the original World of Warcraft, The Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm for only $19.99 as part of the newly upgraded World of Warcraft package (formerly known as the Battle Chest). In addition, all World of Warcraft subscribers now automatically have access to all of the content and features of these expansions at no additional cost.

vilmer_

wtf did they do to warriors in pvp this is totally ridiculous lol. How many gap closers do they have now? The 86-89 bracket is all warriors and hunters...

CassSept

Yeah, that was him. He was also the one responsible for the worst quest in the history of anything.

Listing worst quests in WoW and no Helcular's Rod? Travesty, I say! Damn thing didn't drop, I think I grinded yetis for over 2 hour on my first char before it dropped. For a single quest during leveling.

ZenaxPure

I'm surprised no one mentioned this turd, easily one of the worst quests in vanilla. You had to travel around half of eastern kingdoms (back when just getting around the world was a pain), kill elite mobs, AND the quest items weren't even a 100% drop. It was back before any sort of quest helper addon so I had no idea what the areas would be like. I couldn't finish the quest because of the alterac mountains part, that place was a death trap.

That said though, I think that stinking TBC eel quest is the worst in the history of the entire game (Alliance/Horde). I think they buffed the drop rate at some point, but, at TBC launch the rate was extremely poor. Really the wowhead comments give you a good idea, 15 minutes and not a single drop, 30 minutes for another man to finish.

I'd say something like Helcular's rod was certainly worse by itself, but, the expansion launch wave of people all trying to finish the quest made the eel one so bad. Not only was the drop rate bad, there was like maybe 25 eels in that lake and there was sooooooo many people killing them.

Bizazedo

That said, there was talk about asking the warrior to slow down because he wasn't getting healed up enough between mines, which seems counter to all the talk about bouncing from mine to mine in no time at all. Again, this makes me wonder if he's doing something wrong.

If it's any use, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-egikhb4yzioo1vah/ are yesterday's numbers. Attempts 1-6 are two-healed, the last two were three-healed (and then said cotank's ISP was DDOSed, which put paid to our stuff for the rest of the night)

I'm at work, I'll look tonight.

The Warrior shouldn't have to slow down, though, unless his gear sucks. He should take zero / close to zero (depends on spacing, i.e. a raid member f'ng up) falling damage and be able to pop Shield Barrier at least once. The most I usually stop (I'm a warrior) is if two mines are right next to each other, then I'll hesitate maybe half a second to let a heal hit.

And usually not even that, just pop SB and keep going. Like I said, Warrior takes zero falling damage in this fight :).

mclem

For what it's worth, we don't get the warrior on Tuesdays, so we had an alt (DK) offtank for that fight... and downed it.

That said, the alt tank was poor in other regards - to be fair, he was inexperienced - but we scraped through thanks to some superb clutch work from the raid as a whole from about 20% when I was the only tank left alive. I was taking 300k/sec from Ignite Armor when I died! Fortunately, Juggernaut died literally one second after.

It may just be a practice thing, I think exposing the warrior to the fight now the healers are more comfortable with how exactly to tackle the healing role here might work better.

All that said, one thing I noticed from you was mention of the mines being explicitly closely spaced: We weren't deliberately stacking, just encouraging people with a general "Stay in closeish".

Anyhow: Next week's going to be a mess (I can't make half the raids), but the week after that we can start on the next problem, which tentatively appears to be slimes on Dark Shammies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Listing worst quests in WoW and no Helcular's Rod? Travesty, I say! Damn thing didn't drop, I think I grinded yetis for over 2 hour on my first char before it dropped. For a single quest during leveling.

Quest was amazing if you were a skinner though.

I kind of feel like leveling a new toon, I haven't leveled a toon from the start since my Monk about a year ago.

Tacitus_

For what it's worth, we don't get the warrior on Tuesdays, so we had an alt (DK) offtank for that fight... and downed it.

That said, the alt tank was poor in other regards - to be fair, he was inexperienced - but we scraped through thanks to some superb clutch work from the raid as a whole from about 20% when I was the only tank left alive. I was taking 300k/sec from Ignite Armor when I died! Fortunately, Juggernaut died literally one second after.

It may just be a practice thing, I think exposing the warrior to the fight now the healers are more comfortable with how exactly to tackle the healing role here might work better.

All that said, one thing I noticed from you was mention of the mines being explicitly closely spaced: We weren't deliberately stacking, just encouraging people with a general "Stay in closeish".

Anyhow: Next week's going to be a mess (I can't make half the raids), but the week after that we can start on the next problem, which tentatively appears to be slimes on Dark Shammies.

Yeah, I did some reading on the cheevo for that fight and it seems that the mines head towards players so if you stay grouped, they should be close-ish.

As for the shamans... you should really try to get 3 tanks for that fight. Makes it a lot less harder.

Bizazedo

Yeah, I did some reading on the cheevo for that fight and it seems that the mines head towards players so if you stay grouped, they should be close-ish.

As for the shamans... you should really try to get 3 tanks for that fight. Makes it a lot less harder.

Our raid leader won't let us cheese it like that haha.

I don't consider it cheesing, though, but whaddya gonna do :(.

Milennia

Both of my friends are stuck at heroic garrosh ( one 25 the other 10)... Its times like these i wish i stll played to jump in and help out -.-

Entropia

No One Remembers
Both of my friends are stuck at heroic garrosh ( one 25 the other 10)... Its times like these i wish i stll played to jump in and help out -.-

You and like 2 other people are the only one that would have the problem of having to 'jump in' to help out their friends on the tier end boss on heroic.

Got my legendary cloak!

Yay

Also, joined a flex that was setup for 540 min ilvl...but the RL had guildies in 490 ilvl gear. lol, carried them through to Nazgrim, had to bail after a few wipes there.

Milennia

You and like 2 other people are the only one that would have the problem of having to 'jump in' to help out their friends on the tier end boss on heroic.

Lol i guess, raiding at that level is about time commitment these days moreso than how skilled you are at multiple roles and alts, i know some dudes who shouldn't even be there right now, yet are because they do nothing else with their time.

Even at that level you have to carry, except people are more vocal if they think you suck and call you out on everything, no exceptions.

TimeKillr

Seriously, 3-tanking Dark Shaman just makes the fight a total joke. It's so stupidly easy. We 2-shot it last week and it was the first time we were seeing them.

My group's getting better and better. We consistently reach Iron Jugg on our first day and get a few attempts in (but we still have problems once in a while on Galakras). Realistically it's all good - if we can tonight we'll probably reach Nazgrim, which should be our new roadblock for a little while.

Tacitus_

Seriously, 3-tanking Dark Shaman just makes the fight a total joke. It's so stupidly easy. We 2-shot it last week and it was the first time we were seeing them.

My group's getting better and better. We consistently reach Iron Jugg on our first day and get a few attempts in (but we still have problems once in a while on Galakras). Realistically it's all good - if we can tonight we'll probably reach Nazgrim, which should be our new roadblock for a little while.

Nazgrim is easy as shit if your raid group is awake. We killed him on our first pull - which was a "lets take one pull so we can see the fight before quitting" type of pull.

TimeKillr

Nazgrim is easy as shit if your raid group is awake. We killed him on our first pull - which was a "lets take one pull so we can see the fight before quitting" type of pull.

Yeah but then again you're doing heroics, which means you have a better group of raiders than we do. Our awareness isn't all that, honestly.

Tacitus_

Yeah but then again you're doing heroics, which means you have a better group of raiders than we do. Our awareness isn't all that, honestly.

Well, Nazgrim isn't all that. Prioritize adds - interrupt the heals from the shaman adds especially, kill banners when they pop up and don't DPS when he is in def stance. Ezpz

Fjordson

Man, Ahoo'ru is really tough for me, I suck ass on this fight. Sometimes I don't even make it to phase 2 because I don't aim the angels' AOE right.

I really want that mount, but I dunno. Might just need to wait until I can outgear this asshole =[

Owensboro

Hello fellow GAFers! A friend and I are getting back into our old WoW characters from Cataclysm and were wondering if 1) Anyone was on Emerald Dream (I didn't see anyone listed in the Google Doc) and 2) If anyone knew a decent guild on Emerald Dream? He's a Prot Warrior who loves tanking and I'm a Disp/Holy priest that loves healing, so I think getting in a guild wouldn't be a problem, but the problem is that we're not looking for anything crazy hardcore (our hardcore raiding days are behind us... like three years behind us) but we still like doing harder and/or stupid things in game as they are usually more fun.

Also, who do I PM to get on that GAF player's list in the OP?

Thanks, and sorry for the derail! You can go back to talking about high end raiding again :)

mclem

While it's nice to read about top-level raiding, our guild has smaller realistic goals, but ones that are a decent challenge for us to hit. One of those which is tricky, but doable and rewarding is 'beating the nerf'...

Galakras
* Reduced the health of ranking officials and foot soldiers in Phase 1 of the encounter on 10-player Normal difficulty.

... I feel good today.

strafer

No one with the Galakras mount yet? :D

LeheFkF.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Good to see that they nerfed the Shamans fight in LFR... wiping 3-4 times just to barely beat them is annoying.

Is the 3rd wing as long as the 2nd?

Entropia

No One Remembers
I just need the malk and one klaxxi mantle for the mount.
The easiest glory meta by far. I still need three for the skyscreamer.

Being able to do them in Flex also makes it really easy/fun to do. I did an OpenRaid last Sunday for the 2nd wing achieves.

3rd wing is pretty nice as it feels for a change like you're participating in a siege rather than doing all the hard work then a faction NPC unlocks a door for you.

Hixx

Do they still do free character transfers from high pop realms?

Draenor is a great realm but this estimated queue time is jumping between 45 mins and 80 mins. On a thursday :/

Entropia

No One Remembers
Do they still do free character transfers from high pop realms?

Draenor is a great realm but this estimated queue time is jumping between 45 mins and 80 mins. On a thursday :/

They do, rarely. And it's usually the same source realms: Stormrage, Illidan, Mal'Ganis and Area 52.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm beginning to suspect that we'll get major casting announcements at Blizzcon. Hell we may even find out what the hell the film is even about :)

Varian furrowing his brow a lot and pre-Cataclysm Jaina wearing skimpy outfits and pining for Thrall, who furrows his CG brow a lot.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I assume the next expansion set reveal will happen during the opening ceremony (as has been the case with previous expansions), but it'd be nice to watch this as well:

World of Warcraft: What's Next

Main Stage
Fri 12:30 PM PST - Fri 2:00 PM PST

What’s in store for Azeroth next? The World of Warcraft
design team takes you on a tour of some upcoming
content, features, and game updates.

Panel Includes:

Tom Chilton, Game Director

Ion Hazzikostas, Lead Encounter Designer

Cory Stockton, Lead Content Designer

Greg Street, Lead Systems Designer
I don't have a virtual ticket though...

Tamanon

Banned
Leveling my Elemental shaman....Chain Lightning is pretty great with Echo of the Elements and the Shammy mastery. At level 86, I know the stats aren't balanced yet, but 58% chance to proc before Windsong even kicks in. Like a Sith Lord in dungeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom