• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

Bisnic: One other thing I wasn't aware of on Spoils: If one side wipes, everyone instantly dies. That's another possibility for your random raid wipes if the timers aren't the issue, since it's quite possible that your side looked like it was doing just fine while the other was being torn apart.

Good shit! We failed HARD on Malk yesterday because some of our people are really lacking in raid awareness and kept dying to avoidable shit. ALL. THE. TIME. It got my raid leader so incredibly pissed (and me too).

We solved the biggest issue with Malk by simply handling the Breath as "everyone come to me"; I'm always looking out for ways to simplify mechanics by putting the responsibility for the complicated bits onto just one person (usually myself!) than the raid as a whole - which I probably shouldn't do because it piles the pressure onto a few failure points, but on the other hand our raid-wide awareness is dodgy as well and having fewer potential failure points seems to work well for us.

That said, a ten-man raid does get spread rather thinly in that fight. I think it feels more natural in 25. (I have a similar issue with Immerseus; too few people monitoring too large an area to feel 'right'.)

Bizazedo

Good shit! We failed HARD on Malk yesterday because some of our people are really lacking in raid awareness and kept dying to avoidable shit. ALL. THE. TIME. It got my raid leader so incredibly pissed (and me too).

Malk is hilarious because it really is an easy fight that we wiped WAY too much on as well. It's not complicated, and yet....

We wiped repeatedly on Paragons. That was also dumb. Guess we'll get him Sunday. We should've had the kill twice, but someone hit one wrong button once......aaaaaaaarrrrrrgh.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Little more than two weeks left.

t1383937200z4.png

Tamanon

Banned
How many 90's does everyone have? I almost have 4. Then an 85 an 87. The rest are in the 60's and 70's. Yes I play to much. lol

I have....9(7 alliance/2 horde0. I have a pretty bad altaholic problem. I think I talk myself out of classes at the endgame and into another class.

Paladin x2
Priest x2
Druid
Warlock
Warrior
Monk
Death Knight

Shaman is at 89 1/2 whenever I finish him. I play a LOT of hybrids.

vocab

How many 90's does everyone have? I almost have 4. Then an 85 an 87. The rest are in the 60's and 70's. Yes I play to much. lol

Two. I might have a third, but I want to make sure my main alt gets the cloak. 555 main and 545 alt. It's nice I have two characters that do normal soo.

90 lock --- 405d (raided from MC through early Cata)
90 DK --- 119d (PvPed a lot in WotLK, ran old content a lot)
90 hunter --- 14d (only really played in MoP)
86 rogue --- 67d (vanilla through ~WotLK PvP and ganking fun =P, haven't had much interest since coming back though)

And this is with a two year break til Feb this year, quit early Cata >______>

Fjordson

Just one =[

Never been too much of an alt guy for some reason. Played a warrior throughout vanilla and TBC, and then switched to a hunter in Wrath and have been playing him exclusively ever since.

I do have an 85 priest that I'm thinking about leveling since I've never played a healer endgame. Either that or my enhancement shaman (only level 30). Have a few other toons in the 30's and 40's.

Aomber

So it turns out my best friend used to play this game. Was completely out of the blue and we talked about it for about an hour

That shit made me wanna play this game again. God dammit, the question is do I allow myself to get sucked in again Y/N hahahhaa

TimeKillr

We solved the biggest issue with Malk by simply handling the Breath as "everyone come to me"; I'm always looking out for ways to simplify mechanics by putting the responsibility for the complicated bits onto just one person (usually myself!) than the raid as a whole - which I probably shouldn't do because it piles the pressure onto a few failure points, but on the other hand our raid-wide awareness is dodgy as well and having fewer potential failure points seems to work well for us.

That said, a ten-man raid does get spread rather thinly in that fight. I think it feels more natural in 25. (I have a similar issue with Immerseus; too few people monitoring too large an area to feel 'right'.)

We tried that, with me as the anchor point (tanking it makes it very easy to position yourself) and yet people still took their god damn time to reach me, so we said "avoid where the markers are" and they STILL GOT HIT.

Damn it was frustrating. I also ended up 2nd on healing meters quite a few times (LOL Blood DK, apparently my blood worms did something like 26mil healing on one fight). I guess they scale with AP.

Malk is hilarious because it really is an easy fight that we wiped WAY too much on as well. It's not complicated, and yet....

I find that Malk is the simplest fight in all of SoO. There's very little mechanics, just a basic "stack/spread/don't stand in the fire/stand in the fire" type of deal. No obscure mechanics, no target switching, nothing. Yet the fire is relatively large and it requires memory, which is not something WoW has done often. I don't remember seeing it in all of Cata. One boss in ICC did need it, but it was very chaotic (either Rotface or Festergut, I forget which one it is :) )

vocab

Just one =[

Never been too much of an alt guy for some reason. Played a warrior throughout vanilla and TBC, and then switched to a hunter in Wrath and have been playing him exclusively ever since.

I do have an 85 priest that I'm thinking about leveling since I've never played a healer endgame. Either that or my enhancement shaman (only level 30). Have a few other toons in the 30's and 40's.

It's probably worth your time to get the priest to cap. Learning how to play Disc with shadow off spec is super valuable to have. Even though I think shadow is shit, it's makes you have a dps spec when your healing is not needed for certain fights.

ampere

I've got 8. Monk, Druid, DK, Priest, Warrior, Shaman and two Paladins (lol).

I leveled the two Paladins because Prot Paladins were so fun to level, and more toons to try to get the Headless Horseman's mount with (still don't have it).

I also like having all the tanks at 90 so I know how they all work since my main is a tank.

Here's whats inside the goody bag this year. I'm sure you'll get more, but this is the big items I guess.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7545/hjwn.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Fingers crossed I get the Arthas one :p

Kraftwerk

Tanked a flex and the guys really liked me, I might get into their guild this weekend which is awesome. They are doing hardmodes. I definitely need a place to call home again. Don't enjoy the anonymous aspect of lfr and flex.

Jin

I really hate the loot system in flex and LFR. While it's miles better than begging someone for a trade like in DS, the fact that I can go weeks without a decent drop is frustrating as fuck.

Plus I've got nothing but gold with my coin rolls. That's frustrating as hell on two levels:
1. Fuck! Gold again!
2. Fuck! Why did I waste the coin in a non-normal run?!

/rant

Same thing happen when Sha refuse to drop that fucking axe in Terrace of Endless Spring. I was seriously consider quitting until it dropped. Then it dropped again the next week.

lol oh yeah...FUCK GEARSCORE

LFM ICC10 need 2 tanks 5.7k GS MIN
LFM Vault of archavon , link achieve and have 5.2k GS pls

oh god

"Looking for someone with enough gearscore that they don't need gear in this raid to carry us"

Is it really that bad? I tend not to pay attention to trade, but this wouldn't surprise me...

I DO remember people asking for a 510 item level for Heroic Scenarios shortly after they were introduced. As in like, three days later.

Can someone explain to me what this person is attempting to ask for in oQueue?

k40MyDP.png

Yeah it's that bad sometimes. I see shit in oqueue that makes me immediately blacklist the leader, like requiring a min ilvl to farm shaohao rep in sanctuary.

Ultratech

Yeah it's that bad sometimes. I see shit in oqueue that makes me immediately blacklist the leader, like requiring a min ilvl to farm shaohao rep in sanctuary.

Yup. That's why I haven't been using oQueue as much to look for Flex groups lately.

Some of them want ridiculous ilvls to the point that makes me ask, "Why the hell are you running Flex?".

That and getting in as DPS is stupidly hard unless you're highly geared or luck out when a group's just forming.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah, my monk has got some gear but not a lot :< I feel bad tanking sometimes because I am considerably undergeared in LFR or Flex runs.

My Shaman was actually doing pretty bad, finally got a belt from Ordos and tier gloves though from Yu'lon.

Tacitus_

Yup. That's why I haven't been using oQueue as much to look for Flex groups lately.

Some of them want ridiculous ilvls to the point that makes me ask, "Why the hell are you running Flex?".

That and getting in as DPS is stupidly hard unless you're highly geared or luck out when a group's just forming.

Maybe to fill a specific slot? We haven't gotten any spell dps rings on our raids nor have I gotten any on Flex. Feels bad to still have last tier rings while every other slot is from SoO :(

Or they could be trying to get carried. That's a possibility too.

Cipherr

Yeah I see the ilvl creep on Flex already on Stormrage. But its mainly around ilvl 540.

Still see some reasonable 530 groups though. Shit is ridiculous. The ilvl to run something shouldn't be the same as the ilvl the run drops. Allow for a 5 lvl gap imo. 525 should be enough to get into a flex run.

Also I enjoy the Tillers farming much more than I could have thought I would. Planting seeds that give me windwool cloth, motes and Golden Lotus and whatnot is great. Much better than killing mobs for them.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah I see the ilvl creep on Flex already on Stormrage. But its mainly around ilvl 540.

Still see some reasonable 530 groups though. Shit is ridiculous. The ilvl to run something shouldn't be the same as the ilvl the run drops. Allow for a 5 lvl gap imo. 525 should be enough to get into a flex run.

Also I enjoy the Tillers farming much more than I could have thought I would. Planting seeds that give me windwool cloth, motes and Golden Lotus and whatnot is great. Much better than killing mobs for them.

You're on Stormrage too?! I transferred there like a month ago. HUGE regret. Hate the queue times. I mean it's nice that it's populated but it's TOO populated. I knew what I was getting into though.

Cipherr

You're on Stormrage too?! I transferred there like a month ago. HUGE regret. Hate the queue times. I mean it's nice that it's populated but it's TOO populated. I knew what I was getting into though.

Yep, queues, ridiculous lag on timeless isle (especially on tuesdays, cant find an elite to kill thats not already tapped lol), and more. But I came from a vacant server, so to me the tradeoffs are worth it.

Dot50Cal

Banned
They do very well, especially on AoE. They're probably the strongest class in an AoE scenario next to Destro warlocks (when played right).

I'm leveling up an ele Shaman for a Herald of the Titans run. Has anyone had any experience doing it in recent patches? Wondering if it'll be difficult.

Rokam

Finally got around to doing the Celestial Tournament, took me a couple days to raise enough pets. Didn't bother with guides, but I did manage to snag a Val'kyr today which made the celestial I was having trouble with a breeze. Very satisfying and frustrating, glad it's only a weekly because having to do it daily would make me want to quit WoW.

Entropia

No One Remembers
They do very well, especially on AoE. They're probably the strongest class in an AoE scenario next to Destro warlocks (when played right).

I'm leveling up an ele Shaman for a Herald of the Titans run. Has anyone had any experience doing it in recent patches? Wondering if it'll be difficult.

With the way stats scale and everything, plus having every enchant available... it's an absolute joke. Just stack haste/mastery and you're golden.

Wow, I'm probably super late to the party here, and I haven't played this game at all since ~5 years ago, but here goes:

What the holy fuck have they done to the talent trees?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wow, I'm probably super late to the party here, and I haven't played this game at all since ~5 years ago, but here goes:

Made them better but not having silly "increases critical strike chance by 1%" that you HAVE to put 5 points into or else you look like a scrub.

Though to be fair, I'm not really a fan of the "You can put your points into whatever and they don't really matter except in some cases."

Into

They thought they could make them better, but instead ended up at the exact same place where they started, cookie cutter builds still exist and people still follow them.

Nothing was gained, but what was lost was that little sense of customization, especially during leveling. You would look forward to your 1 talent point each level, even if some of the talents were dull (1% crit/hit, stuff like that) + going to your trainer to get your newest abilities or newest level of Fireball or whatever. How often would i want to go to bed but still stay on just to get that next level for the next talent point. Now it does not matter, log off whenever you feel like

It boils down to: Perception of meaningful choice is still better than little to no choice. The idea of this being *your* unique character is still better than being like everyone else.

Now you just..level and 6 times you will be asked to make a decision on your way to lvl 90. Six. Less than when the game launched.

Ultimately it does not really matter, at max lvl/end game its the same thing, you will find a cookie cutter build and there you go

Tacitus_

The new talent system is so much better than the old one. There really was no customization available if you actually wanted to accomplish something at end game. Now you can at least choose between talents that suit your playstyle or the encounter better.

Anyway, just got this:

One ugly drake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom