• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Updated models for vanilla races

It's the only thing I want but they probably won't come.

Actually, I'd say that's a given for the next expansion, and I'd expect to see some examples/progress at blizzcon.

mileS

Standardize raid sizes. Sick of the 10/25 BS. Make it 10, 15, 20, 25... or make Flex the standard.

Flex as standard sounds possible. but honestly I'm getting tired of the people that hear that 14 people is the "perfect" amount for flex and refuse to invite anymore. I personally don't see the problem with 10/25m. Whats wrong with it?

Playable Naga, Big villain(someone that you will eventually get to kill at the end of the expansion)Either return to outland or back to more fantasy type zones. MoP was just just forests and forests.

I don't understand how Naga could ever work. But stranger things have happened. Honestly as dumb as this sounds, the less Naga the better. There's already too many immature, racist fucking bullshit with guild names and Naga related things said in trade chat. I can only imagine how bad it would get (including player names) if Naga was playable. What a world we live in.

Cipherr

Any hopes/wishes for the next expansion?

More farming with something like the Tillers. I just recently hit exalted, and its the surprise of the expansion for me. Love it and the way you can grow your tradeskill components. I hope like hell that carries over to a new faction with more farm work in the expansion.

Also a 4th spec for every class, 10 more levels instead of 5, more heroics than this expansion has, a few 10 man heroic only dungeons that drops gear in between LFR and heroics, waaay more of the timeless isle/thunder isle stuff (its sooo good), and free on character storage for at least a single extra set of gear for your offspec that doesnt use BAGSPACE! Bring back the fucking keychain UI thingie and replace that with gear slots for fucks sake.

I would also love for them to add like 3 or 4 new equipment slots.

Fjordson

My one wish for the next expansion is for them to change cooking :lol they probably won't, pretty small part of the game, but I dunno. Is it just me or is cooking sort of expensive/difficult to keep decent stock of for raids and whatnot? And I don't really like the whole Ironpaw token system. I'm probably missing something, but the tokens seem really scarce.

Fjordson

Woo! Got a Burden of Eternity off some random rare on Timeless Isle. Desperately need a new neckpiece and now I don't have to farm 30k more coins to buy one.

Too bad the Timeless gear is budgeted so badly (at least for hunters) but it'll do as a stopgap until I get something in SoO.

Fjordson

Starting to get Ahoo'ru down to 2-3 million. Determined to kill this fucker soon. I'm betting after I get my cloak on Tuesday I'll be able to beat enrage.

Ultratech

Got the Headless Horseman's mount last night!

WOO!

Any hopes/wishes for the next expansion?

They better redo transmog like they're gonna do it in the Diablo 3 expansion.
Basically:
D3 uses item appearances - once an item's appearance is unlocked, it's bound to your account and any character on that account can use that appearance in transmogrification. So if you have two barbarians and one has Unending War, the other can use its appearance in transmog. In WoW, if you have a warrior with Ashkandi, your death knight still has to farm BWL to get it if she wants to use that item for transmog.

In World of Warcraft, if you want to use an item for transmog, you have to have that item - it's in your bank or void storage tab, taking up space. In D3, once you've unlocked an item's appearance, you do not have to keep that item.

It'd free up so much bag space!

Woo! Got a Burden of Eternity off some random rare on Timeless Isle. Desperately need a new neckpiece and now I don't have to farm 30k more coins to buy one.

Too bad the Timeless gear is budgeted so badly (at least for hunters) but it'll do as a stopgap until I get something in SoO.

I hear ya there.

The pants I got from that were pretty decent, but the shoulders?
They're godawful, yet were an improvement over my ToT LFR shoulders.

vocab

Klaxxi on normal/Heroic is dumb. So Many unforgiving mechanics.

Kill The kuchong, oh you stayed on the kuchong too long. 1 shot.

Blue injection? Better stay away from people oh shit you have to stack... too late. 1 shot.

Aim? Line up. no one is in the line. 1 shot. stack up during line? one shot.

Parasites? Wipe

Mesmerize? Oh no ones on the kuchong. You gonna get fucked up.

Diminish? Hopefully your healers are good. Kazzak style shit right there.

Plus all the buffs, and random other shit that happens. Who thought this fight was a good idea. It's like an endurance run of figuring shit out on the go with trial and error.

Thankfully you can brute force some of the mechanics with gear, but Heroic must be a nightmare.

Tacitus_

We never really had trouble with those mechanics. The only ones that gave us trouble were the healing amber (and this is the one I'd expect people with worse gear to have trouble with) and people not getting out of shit quick enough.

Arcayne

Bah, I keep looking at old WoW vids - I've been direly wanting to return to WoW after quitting for like 5-6 years. I left off at killing Illidan in TBC and some raid content on Sunwell Plateau. So, if I may, is it still fun guys? or am I just relying on nostalgia? It's a generic question, I know, but part of it is that I would need to rebuild a PC. In other words, is it worth it.

I'm not really sure if I'm "allowed" to post this kind of question on community threads

Couleurs

Bah, I keep looking at old WoW vids - I've been direly wanting to return to WoW after quitting for like 5-6 years. I left off at killing Illidan in TBC and some raid content on Sunwell Plateau. So, if I may, is it still fun guys? or am I just relying on nostalgia? It's a generic question, I know, but part of it is that I would need to rebuild a PC. In other words, is it worth it.

I'm not really sure if I'm "allowed" to post this kind of question on community threads

I was in a similar spot as you; I quit late in Vanilla and came back last year before Pandaria came out. The game is still fun and there have been so many changes over the years that it's going to be a blast for you to see how different everything is (all of the pre-level 60 zones were completely revamped, massive class changes, etc).

Give it a shot; returning accounts get a week free, so there's nothing to lose.

Tacitus_

Best it's ever been.

Fjordson

The game is great right now I think. Very nice variety of content in MoP, it's been a great expansion.

You're sort of like me. I quit in the early days of Cataclysm, didn't play for two years. But I came back five months ago and have had a blast so far. Coming into an expansion like this somewhat late was actually nice because there's a ton of content to catch up on.

Hopped on today after not playing for a few weeks (and before that barely hopping on). Stopped at 195 mounts (+2 if I hop on a paladin). Did my usual Uldum run. Nothing. Check the AH for mounts and grabbed a Sky Golem for 45k because, eh, why not? I'm not playing enough to realistically hit my 108k goal for the Grand Expedition Yak so I had 87k to use freely. That put me at 196 (+2) mounts.

The Mekgineer's Chopper is a cheap option to then hit 197 but I didn't bother since that'd leave me with one more needed. The Headless Horseman was my hope to get the last one I needed to drop and had no luck.

The only two solo-able dungeon/raid mounts I have left are the one from Malygos and Alysrazor. It's been a month since I've done them but Malygos went smoothly and no drop there. Alysrazor I died on my first attempt during the phase transition because I was playing stupidly and was sloppy. I go for it again and kill Alysrazor before the second phase and get the Flametalon of Alysrazor. Didn't expect that. Mount #197 (+2).

My guildmates were pretty happy for me at that point so I went and bought a chopper for 19k, hopped on an old Paladin from my Wrath days and popped the 200 mount achievement.

So now I have 201 mounts with the armored blue dragonhawk.

For only planning on hopping on to try for the Headless Horseman mount that I had nearly completely forgot about I got the last mounts needed to get my 200.

Pretty satisfied with how things went since my account expires the first week of November.

Fjordson

Grats man! That's quite a feat.

Also, I did not know Alysrazor was soloable. How geared are you? Wondering if I could do it as a 547 hunter.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I like the new look for my Dwarf mage. Looks very Alliance with the blue and gold colors. :) It's like the staff was made for the rest of the set(old PVP set from Burning Crusade).

zSeTCrG.png

Tacitus_

Boo, had to call it quits on HC Naz so we could clear the instance this reset. Had it so close too. The HP differences in that fight are fucking enormous, we had him at almost 40% before the first def stance on normal, while on heroic we were around 80%.

Also, I did not know Alysrazor was soloable. How geared are you? Wondering if I could do it as a 547 hunter.

I've been able to solo Alysrazor from around 510ilvl or so? I think that's where I was when I first started doing it. Took me a couple deaths and some reading to work out a good way to do it. Now I'm around 530 ilvl? I'm an enhance shaman and it can take some pretty hefty healing between phases if you're not geared enough to kill it during the first phase. I know rogues scale super well with the haste buff, but I'm not sure how easy that'd be for a hunter, specially since your pet isn't flying around to help with damage, right?

If I had to hazard a guess you'll need to be able to heal up around 400% of your health during the phase transition. I get it from my totems, draenai racial, and toss a couple heals up (as enhance I run out of mana after only a few straight heals). Even then it can occasionally get ugly as it did today on my first attempt after having not done it for awhile. And the healing is done almost entirely without enemies the way I've always done it, so if your healing is more reactive then you can't rely on that.

But honestly the fight isn't bad at all. Especially now that I can kill it during the first phase and don't have to worry at all about the healing. I think it takes roughly 160k dps to kill during the first phase? Maybe it's more? The haste buff helps loads.

Arcayne

I was in a similar spot as you; I quit late in Vanilla and came back last year before Pandaria came out. The game is still fun and there have been so many changes over the years that it's going to be a blast for you to see how different everything is (all of the pre-level 60 zones were completely revamped, massive class changes, etc).

Give it a shot; returning accounts get a week free, so there's nothing to lose.

Best it's ever been.

The game is great right now I think. Very nice variety of content in MoP, it's been a great expansion.

You're sort of like me. I quit in the early days of Cataclysm, didn't play for two years. But I came back five months ago and have had a blast so far. Coming into an expansion like this somewhat late was actually nice because there's a ton of content to catch up on.

Thanks for the replies, I'll give it a whirl after I shop around for some PC parts :) Would be nice to see my priest and pally again lol.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Oh man Ordos'ing people on timeless isle then laying low for awhile and enjoying the general chat is great. What a good time to be a rogue.

Ultratech

From what I've heard, a Hunter could likely reliably do it at 530+ or something as Survival or MM.

So you're probably geared enough for it now.

The last time I tried it was before the patch, and my biggest problem was doing enough damage before the phase transition (tornadoes!!!).
Apparently, if you don't have X amount of HP, you aren't gonna survive or however you're supposed to do it.

I may try it again now that I'm actually pretty geared from Flex.

Slayerx

I like the new look for my Dwarf mage. Looks very Alliance with the blue and gold colors. :) It's like the staff was made for the rest of the set(old PVP set from Burning Crusade).

zSeTCrG.png

Looks amazing, t5 is my favourite mage set. The pvp version looks even better hmm.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Oh my god. I am never doing Archaeology again.

Until next expansion.

Time to grind out all pet battle achievements.

I haven't tocuhed Arch since like the first week of the expansion and I got the off-hand and the two dummy items.

Also, doing a flex raid on my monk... they made me DPS. I have no clue what I am doin :(

So it's been...years since I've seriously used my dps caster in pve content. Most of the time they're crafting or farming mules.

So I learned for the first time that expertise is now a thing they gem/reforge into. I had to search 3 different sources I used to trust for caster DPS data to make sure I wasn't being trolled hard. If there was any indication that stats on gem colors are poorly distributed it's this and this alone. They really have to shuffle this deck for the next expansion, or undo the crazypants idea that expertise is something mages and warlocks gear for. It's WotLK Spirit all over again.

Dot50Cal

Banned
We downed Nazgrim in two pulls tonight (much better than last week), and got Malkorok down too! Three wipes into spoils, we didn't realize that it takes more crates than Flex to fill the meter. It almost seems like it needs to be every box in the room?

Yeah Jack, I saw an explanation of it somewhere and they posted gemming for expertise vs reforging for hit and you could get more stats out of gemming for expertise vs reforging hit. Crazy stuff. Edit: Ah, found it!
http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2013/09/expertise-gems-on-dps-casters-why/

Any other warlocks out there doing/done with SoO? Looking to see how I'm shaping up DPS wise. Looking like 200k on single target and 250k+ on certain fights with 553 item level.

Logs from tonight (I'm the Warlock):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o7tvudaxekav4bys/

(Wish more people would post their logs here! I'd love to be able to compare classes and such!)

ch0mp

So it's been...years since I've seriously used my dps caster in pve content. Most of the time they're crafting or farming mules.

So I learned for the first time that expertise is now a thing they gem/reforge into. I had to search 3 different sources I used to trust for caster DPS data to make sure I wasn't being trolled hard. If there was any indication that stats on gem colors are poorly distributed it's this and this alone. They really have to shuffle this deck for the next expansion, or undo the crazypants idea that expertise is something mages and warlocks gear for. It's WotLK Spirit all over again.
It's just an extra option if you really want to reach the hit cap. When you have gear you don't really need to do it.

TheYanger

We downed Nazgrim in two pulls tonight (much better than last week), and got Malkorok down too! Three wipes into spoils, we didn't realize that it takes more crates than Flex to fill the meter. It almost seems like it needs to be every box in the room?

Yeah Jack, I saw an explanation of it somewhere and they posted gemming for expertise vs reforging for hit and you could get more stats out of gemming for expertise vs reforging hit. Crazy stuff. Edit: Ah, found it!
http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2013/09/expertise-gems-on-dps-casters-why/

Any other warlocks out there doing/done with SoO? Looking to see how I'm shaping up DPS wise. Looking like 200k on single target and 250k+ on certain fights with 553 item level.

Logs from tonight (I'm the Warlock):
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o7tvudaxekav4bys/

(Wish more people would post their logs here! I'd love to be able to compare classes and such!)

I don't think normal takes more crates than lfr?

As far as I'm aware on all difficulties: Small = 1. Large = 3. Massive = 14.

Typically we do a lot while we're doing the massives, once they're dad you can do some really quick napkinmath to see the best amount to open (if you open lots of mediums it's going to look like you have a lot fo the room left, but if you do mostly smalls you will only have a couple mediums remaining).

Salamando

Thats not necessarily true, if you check the robot link in my post they explain why.

Yeah, it's something my Shadow Priest has needed to start doing. Tier bonuses ratchet up the value of mastery and crit so much that I start wanting them over int.

Our guild just managed to down Garrosh tonight, so Wooo! We took the best raiders from the two raid groups we run and figured out the proper way to deal with everything. Final attempt, everything just clicked. Now we have a good five months of work on Heroics. Though really, I'm only interested in BOA's now.

CassSept

I think it's time for me to take another break from WoW for a couple of months. I'll do the final wing of SoO and quit for a while.

Still, I have yet to beat Garrosh, but I feel this was easily the best WoW expansion in terms of pretty much everything. A few missteps here and there, but the quality, the diversity, the amount of content, they were simply unmatched. Amazing job, especially after Cata. MoP>TBC>WotLK>Cata.

Oh my god. I am never doing Archaeology again.

Until next expansion.

Time to grind out all pet battle achievements.

Terrible achievement :(

mclem

I didn't get that impression from my attempts, although I will admit I didn't finish the room. Still, I believe that when I did my usual route that gets ~=44 energy, I had 44 energy at the end of it. I'll double-check next time I'm in there.

RPGCrazied

2 weeks until Blizzcon! I really wish the new expansion info would leak early. Did it for MoP? I can't remember. Seems like it was a few days before Blizzcon. At least the title came out.

They are pretty good at keeping this underwraps.

strafer

2 weeks until Blizzcon! I really wish the new expansion info would leak early. Did it for MoP? I can't remember. Seems like it was a few days before Blizzcon. At least the title came out.

They are pretty good at keeping this underwraps.

I dont want it to be leaked. I'm going to stay away from the internet soon.

Wanna see the reveal for myself :D

mclem

Another solo question. Been Waiting a Long Time for This achievement in 25 man. Any chance of solo'ing this?

I can't think of a way. The mechanic's dependent on the debuff jumping between enemies - which means having sufficient Drudge ghouls for it to do that. If at any point there's no enemies left the debuff will jump to you and a high enough debuff ought to be fatal.

If there's a way you can flee to a safe distance from all the enemies (AOE stun?) before your plague drops off and tries to transfer and can do that sufficient (3, I think) times, you have a chance to build up enough mobs so it can jump between them enough to get the achievement.

(Ignoring all that, though, how does the 'getting sucked into frostmourne' mechanic work when soloing? Absurd as it might sound, if one player getting sucked in resets the encounter, this may be more soloable in heroic, where all players automatically get sucked in)

Also, defile will be messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom