• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayerx

I know way late on this but
Warlords Release Date
Another MoP patch would delay WoD, so Patch 5.5 isn't going to happen. The entire team is working on WoD right now, so any more MoP content would slow down development.
Q: "Typically after you announce something it is another year, but we are at Patch 5.4 now. What content do you have planned for between now and then?" A: "Any content we do now will delay the expansion by the same amount of time it took us to make that content. We are completely focused on making the next expansion and will try to deliver that as soon as we can, hopefully on a shorter cycle than players are imagining, but you never know, we will have to see."
Q: "Typically that would be in the Winter of next year. Does that mean it is a goal to bring it in to Summer or Spring?" A: "Well certainly the goal is before that, but we'll see, it is very hard for us to predict."
Makes it sound that they want to release it end of winter? I am really confused. Blizzard pr speak is impenetrable. Regardless even the June release date, which appears to be at the latest means that beta must start soonish, considering MoP beta was 200 days and they will probably skip F&F alpha again this time.

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Music - Magnificent Desolation
So good ;_; Draenor will probably top MoP for me in terms of music and art.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lore-wise, why is it that Garrosh is treated as this horrible thing that needs to be executed, but they still haven't done shit about Sylvannas who continues to only be in it for herself? Like, it's one of the few things that made me like Garrosh at the start before he started twirling his mustache. When he did what Thrall should have done and sent her to her room.

Also, Blood Elf leaders and Baine need to do more stuff.

And did they ever say if they'd open up more hairstyles to more races? Seems weird that they just introduced Barber shops then NEVER updated them.

Fjordson

I know way late on this but

Makes it sound that they want to release it end of winter? I am really confused. Blizzard pr speak is impenetrable. Regardless even the June release date, which appears to be at the latest means that beta must start soonish, considering MoP beta was 200 days and they will probably skip F&F alpha again this time.

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Music - Magnificent Desolation
So good ;_; Draenor will probably top MoP for me in terms of music and art.
I believe Chilton said they're shooting for early summer. So hopefully June or somewhere around there if they don't run into any Blizzard Time (aka "it's done when it's done").

CassSept

Blood Elf leaders and Baine need to do more stuff.

To be fair Lor'themar did appear a lot in MoP and he was usually awesome.

I'd be more worried about Sylvanas. Since Cata Silverpine she appeared what in one quest in Andorhal and during fight with Galakras? I don't see her appearing during WoD much (or even at all) either. Maybe it's not Velen-level of inactivity, but this is getting troubling.

Lore-wise, why is it that Garrosh is treated as this horrible thing that needs to be executed, but they still haven't done shit about Sylvannas who continues to only be in it for herself? Like, it's one of the few things that made me like Garrosh at the start before he started twirling his mustache. When he did what Thrall should have done and sent her to her room.

Also, Blood Elf leaders and Baine need to do more stuff.

And did they ever say if they'd open up more hairstyles to more races? Seems weird that they just introduced Barber shops then NEVER updated them.
Gotta save stuff for more expansions I guess.

As for hairstyles, in the Q&A they said that they have a bunch of unreleased hairstyles that never made it into the game. They're looking to put those in some time after the new models are put in.

I suppose Sylvanas is supposed to be "off scheming". I like her a lot though, I'd hate for it to come down to us having to take her out, but that seems inevitable.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I would have no problem with Sylvannas being killed off, honestly. It's like Akama and Maiev still being major plot points after Illidan's death.

Arthas is dead. Sylvanas has no purpose. I kept waiting for Garrosh to Galvatron her Starscream self.

Rokam

I would have no problem with Sylvannas being killed off, honestly. It's like Akama and Maiev still being major plot points after Illidan's death.

Arthas is dead. Sylvanas has no purpose. I kept waiting for Garrosh to Galvatron her Starscream self.

And now Maiev is evil so I'm sure we'll see her again sometime,
just kidding we'll never see her again.

Kangi

Nothing can make you more frustrated with Blizzard than a read through wowwiki/pedia. All those old storylines with loose ends. All those characters we'll never see again. What happened to Tyr, dang it?

And I like Sylvanas. The Val'kyr stuff really put new life into her character, but she dropped off the map after Western Plaguelands quests, as did most Forsaken stuff. Maybe Garrosh's going bye-bye will result in the Kor'kron leaving their posts in Undercity, which may lead to at least something.

Touch

Druids or Shamans, who would be more "one with nature"? Just something i have been thinking about while flying around Thunder Bluff.

Tacitus_

The Dark Lady will be doing her thing, don't worry...
qsrMlqd.jpg

Druids or Shamans, who would be more "one with nature"? Just something i have been thinking about while flying around Thunder Bluff.

Druids. Shamans tune to the elements.

CassSept

Unless Alleria can talk some sense into her whenever she returns.

Don't even mention Alleria. Jesus, we have a second Outland expansion and she is STILL missing. Even after they put her and Turalyon in hints in freaking 5.0. They will either never be introduced to game or will be put in some completely random anti-climactic way like Garona.

Fjordson

:lol yeah, I kinda agree.

What's interesting is Furor straight up said "one day she may do something terrible and we'll have to deal with it" in response to a question about Sylvanas during the lore panel.

Not sure if that meant Blizzard will have to deal with her and advance her story or the players will because she's becoming a full blown villain (probably the latter).

edit: and Dave Kosak said "there'll be some sort of reckoning". Sounds like she's gonna get taken out. Or at least cut down.

Robin64

Warlords of Draenor inspired me to log back in to WoW. Geared up on Timeless Isle to 496, ran the first SoO LFR and got a few items, plus beat a Celestial and got my set gloves, so hit 507 with that.

Then I ran the second SoO LFR and that shit was SO boring. I thought it would be cool, being set in Org, but there was so much trash and the bosses were really uninspired. Despite only having a few wipes, it still took more than 2 hours to beat. Just felt like it dragged on and on.. and then on a bit more. Also didn't get any loot in there. Definitely not running part 2 again!

The thing is if Sylvannas is gone, the Undead are fully and truly aimless. I mean not that they have too much going on now anyway with Arthas out of the picture. With her done it would just be like "welp, guess that's that, pack it up". Have no clue what they could do to advance that storyline with Sylvannas dead. No one else to take her place - Lilian Voss isn't really an acceptable replacement.

And I really wish you could play as high elf undead, similar to Sylvanas herself (her model is fantastic) or the other various dark rangers you see patrolling the city. Maybe if they add sub-races.

Tacitus_

Warlords of Draenor inspired me to log back in to WoW. Geared up on Timeless Isle to 496, ran the first SoO LFR and got a few items, plus beat a Celestial and got my set gloves, so hit 507 with that.

Then I ran the second SoO LFR and that shit was SO boring. I thought it would be cool, being set in Org, but there was so much trash and the bosses were really uninspired. Despite only having a few wipes, it still took more than 2 hours to beat. Just felt like it dragged on and on.. and then on a bit more. Also didn't get any loot in there. Definitely not running part 2 again!

Even the Dark Shamans? That's a hectic fight with only two tanks.

I guess it's because they want to show off the new spell ranks system (I know it's not ranks, but I don't remember how they call it and it sure feels like ranks)

What's interesting is that they're going (back, sorta) to this after removing spell ranks with Cata. Ranks on D3 runes were also removed before release. Hopefully they go back to it there too at some point - it's certainly more interesting.

And I think they're more like trees, or you at least get a choice between two options.

Ryan_

So is it worth it? i'm still not sure whether to sub again or not...

Cipherr

Yeah SOO 2 sucks. Drake boss is boring and annoying, feels like waves of trash for 10 minutes, just a garbage fight. The second fight is boring as hell also and annoying with the knockbacks, Shaman are awful and just not fun at all, and theres a crapload of annoying trash after them.

Just awful all around. I like the third one though, and the last one is sorta meh as well.

mclem

I guess it's because they want to show off the new spell ranks system (I know it's not ranks, but I don't remember how they call it and it sure feels like ranks)

Also, I suspect they feel it'd look a bit weird to get a talent at 90 and then one at 95, whereas one at 90 and one at 100 isn't too unreasonable.

I'm sure it's all placeholder, of course, but if the prices for garrison upgrades end up being of the ballpark we see in the presentation, that'll be quite the money sink. Mind you, a minor thing about TBC that people might not remember is that it included a huge increase in gold gain from normal play, so maybe they'll be mimicking that, too...

Nugg

What's interesting is that they're going (back, sorta) to this after removing spell ranks with Cata.

I see that as an effect of Jeff Kaplan coming back. They're backtracking on a lot of dumb thing from WotLK and Cata (reforging, emphasis on hit and expertise, removing spell ranks). Feels pretty good.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I like the last wing, but I still get kind of sad whenever I have to kill the Klaxxi.

mclem

Isn't that a section where, as Horde, you get a bunch of trash removed? (For alliance, that occurs later in the instance). The only really bad bit is before Shamans, really; there's a lot on the way to Nazgrim, but much of it can be skipped.

Tacitus_

Isn't that a section where, as Horde, you get a bunch of trash removed? (For alliance, that occurs later in the instance). The only really bad bit is before Shamans, really; there's a lot on the way to Nazgrim, but much of it can be skipped.

Don't think so. Horde has trash removed in the hallway leading to the Klaxxi room. Rexxar cleaved them all singlehandedly.

Ultratech

Trash before Shamans is annoying, but manageable (unless you pull the Treasury guys too, then GG).

And the trash leading up to Nazgrim got considerably nerfed for LFR.
Especially those damn Warshamans.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I really hope that WoD convinces some of my old raid buddies to come back. I know at least a few people who were burned out on cata and didn't find Pandaria compelling, so hopefully a return to a more traditional Warcraft setting would help. I've enjoyed Mists quite a bit, but it's been a fairly solitary affair and I miss having a stable group of buds to do content with instead of relying on stuff like Oqueue. We certainly wouldn't be able to field 20 people for Mythic, but the new flexible normal and heroic would be great and wouldn't require the sort of intense progression raid schedule that I'm no longer interested in.

Ultratech

Tidbits:
The game has a Raid Browser that no one uses, so in WoD it will be expanded to support killing world bosses, doing achievements, finishing Shadowmourne, or any other activity. This will support cross realm groups and encourage people to do PuGs rather than completely random matchmaking.

Heh, I think when I first came back in Cata, this was one of the first things I noticed.
But obviously, nobody used it, so it showed nothing.

(Much like how In-game Voice Chat still exists, but nobody really uses that.)

Speaking of, I really should finish up my Shadowmourne. (On Infusions at the moment.)

Transmog that doesn't require you to keep the item forever is on the list, but won't be ready for WoD launch.

Crap. I was wanting this so badly. :(

Anoregon

I can see the transmog thing not being a priority due to how they fixed Void Storage with mists. It's certainly less of an issue now than it was when transmog first launched

mclem

I really hope that WoD convinces some of my old raid buddies to come back. I know at least a few people who were burned out on cata and didn't find Pandaria compelling, so hopefully a return to a more traditional Warcraft setting would help. I've enjoyed Mists quite a bit, but it's been a fairly solitary affair and I miss having a stable group of buds to do content with instead of relying on stuff like Oqueue. We certainly wouldn't be able to field 20 people for Mythic, but the new flexible normal and heroic would be great and wouldn't require the sort of intense progression raid schedule that I'm no longer interested in.

I think key for our guild (Hovering fairly solidly around 10-13 people available on raid days, occasionally peaking at 15-18 or so) is the fact that having a difficult version of flex available gives us potential to gain more people without them having to sit out while we're doing the basic progression stuff, so we have a shot at hitting 20 folks by the point we get to heroic.

That said, one thing I'm dreading is that I'm now - as RL - actually going to have to make calls along the lines of "Your presence is actively making things harder for us; you need to sit out"; that'll certainly be a necessity in heroic, but maybe we can be all-embracing in normal.

Anoregon

That said, one thing I'm dreading is that I'm now - as RL - actually going to have to make calls along the lines of "Your presence is actively making things harder for us; you need to sit out"; that'll certainly be a necessity in heroic, but maybe we can be all-embracing in normal.

Well, one thing to keep in mind is that WoD Heroic is going to be comparable in difficulty to current Normal. So sitting under-performers won't be THAT important unless they are a serious detriment to the raid

So I was browsing the official forums because I was bored and apparently there is this huge fight about removing flight from the game. There are a few dozen threads on it. Did something get said at blizzcon about removing flight?

Boogdud

So I was browsing the official forums because I was bored and apparently there is this huge fight about removing flight from the game. There are a few dozen threads on it. Did something get said at blizzcon about removing flight?

I think it was said there was no flight until 6.1

Anoregon

I think it was said there was no flight until 6.1

It's something they are considering, but not definite yet. They absolutely haven't said anything about removing flight altogether, just delaying the point where you can start flying in WoD.

Dot50Cal

Banned
So fucking hyped for WoD now that I watched the panels. Highlights for me:
Flex in Normal/Heroic mode - Now our guild can bring ANYONE and its not a huge problem if someone can't make it a night or two!

Normal/Heroic is CROSS REALM - Holy shit! Now my girlfriends toon can join us! YES PLEASE!

Stat squish- Finally, sensible numbers! It never sat right with me when stuff started having "k" numbers, and it was even worse when they just cut off the last 3 to 6 numbers. I'm even more stoked about this because of the slide that said player power will NOT be going down. I'd be interested to see how they achieved that, Hopefully it wont be with a series of annoying buffs to your stats when your in older content areas.

Heirloom/Toys management - Woo! No more bank alt whos bank is full of heirlooms! Toys are a big plus too! My main has a lot of goofy shit. My only request would be they normalized trinkets which have transformation effects to have a standard cooldown which can be used permanently.

Character models - What else is there to say? They look amazing so far!

Gear by type - Another huge one. This way we can rotate in between DPS/Healer/Tank and not have to worry about sub optimal DPS because of loot concerns.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I love the idea of delaying flight, and honestly, I wouldn't mind if it was completely removed >_>

They would never remove flight, not only because it would piss off a lot of players, but that would make a lot of mounts unusable or just silly if they did something to make them available in "no flight zones"(lol a dragon who can't fly)

Acidote

The transition to Mythic will be problematic for us. We are always around a 13-14 people roster, I don't know if that will disintegrate other guilds or our own, but there will be a while where everyone is short on people and obviously nobody will want to disband.

Anoregon

The amount of people outraged over the item squish on other forums is staggering and pathetic. They aren't even embarrassed to admit that they need to see big numbers to enjoy the game.

Jag

The transition to Mythic will be problematic for us. We are always around a 13-14 people roster, I don't know if that will disintegrate other guilds or our own, but there will be a while where everyone is short on people and obviously nobody will want to disband.

With x-realm you can always post on GAF for volunteers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom