• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucis

I wanted to confirm that you can indeed use your elder charm in LFR on bosses you have killed already, indeed it is true. And you will get item out of the coin (if you roll for it)

Killed the last boss on LFR twice last night (first queue got me into a 2/3 run) and the second time the coin got me something

strafer

Greatest name ever.

0Qm57.jpg

Fularu

Banned
My enchanter alt barely quested so far, and with all the greens i get with my main, he's already filled with dusts in his bags.... Essences are pretty rare though, even coming from disenchanted weapons.

You can upconvert and downconvert every enchanting mat in MoP.

Enosh

you know what i really hate
people who queue up as something different from what they want to do
had this pala in lfr who queued as healer but was tanking, which was just messing up with the shit I set up with the other tank at the beginning

was still a fun lfr, I think the last fight is really good (never seen it before on normal, kinda stuck on Elegon -.-)

also how is destro leveling on a warlock? Named my warlock Melisandre, gave her red hair and use the phoenix companion, going anything other than destro is craziness at this point ^^

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You can upconvert and downconvert every enchanting mat in MoP.

Yeah, i noticed that a few days later, i'm glad they did that, as the rare essences made me worry on getting enchants for all my characters easily.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Well the tabards are exalted only , that is very outland reminiscent lol.

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Tabards are freaking boring. They ruin reputations and the solo endgame.

Thank the heavens they scratched the shitty Cataclysm model and went back to real reputations with dailies, intricate quest lines and unique rewards.

Bizazedo

you know what i really hate
people who queue up as something different from what they want to do
had this pala in lfr who queued as healer but was tanking, which was just messing up with the shit I set up with the other tank at the beginning

Unsurprised. Probably didn't want to wait in the tank queue, but wanted tank gear. I don't even know if it works like that or if it assigns based on job you queued for, but that was probably his thought process.

Unsurprised. Probably didn't want to wait in the tank queue, but wanted tank gear. I don't even know if it works like that or if it assigns based on job you queued for, but that was probably his thought process.

Which is why I kind of wish you could specify what type of drop you want outside of what you are in LFR as. I have zero desire to play DPS in a raid environment, but once I have all of the Holy drops off a boss I would like the option to try to get Ret gear while healing.

mclem

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. Tabards are freaking boring. They ruin reputations and the solo endgame.

Thank the heavens they scratched the shitty Cataclysm model and went back to real reputations with dailies, intricate quest lines and unique rewards.

I like the fact that all of them (at least, of those I'm actively working on) are tied to an overarching plotline, so you effectively get *story* rewards at various rep levels. I note Shado-Pan - one I haven't started yet - has an acheivement for completing a climactic event, too.

Wondering about the re-using coins on LFR re-kills: Does that also apply to Sha? His loot's a lot more valuable than LFR's.

Nugg

So I'm up to my 8th consecutive charm that gave me gold. That's like 200g total, I'm gonna be rich. Fuck my luck.

Greatest name ever.

0Qm57.jpg

I laughed last night when I got the "Bros Before Hozen" quest.

Finally dinged 90 after dealing with work and a trip to GABF. I'll have company coming over tomorrow which means I won't really be able to play again till next week (probably going to log out at my farm and pop in on my veggies though because of those damn banquets). It'll be nice to return and just be ready to go with dailies.

And flying. I've now ran through half the damn expansion. I wanna get to my archy spots without having to drudge thru mobs. *shakes fist*

On another note, I don't normally accept group requests without someone saying hi or something first but I was working on the Thunder King quests in the Summit last night and someone hit me up. I accepted and we then proceeded to do that entire chain and had a pretty fun time doing it. I forgot how fun it can be to just randomly team up with someone and joke and just have a good time going through the grind. They actually stayed up an extra hour or so later than they were intending and that made me feel pretty good that they were having that much fun too.

Fularu

Banned
I like how many of the new Horde/Alliance quests are Queen song names. More for the alliance than the horde, Blizzard showing blatant Alliance favoritism again!

Bisnic

I like how many of the new Horde/Alliance quests are Queen song names. More for the alliance than the horde, Blizzard showing blatant Alliance favoritism again!

At least the Horde didn't lose cool towns like Crossroads or Tarren Mill, unlike the Alliance who lost Southshore or Theramore. :(

But eh... we got more quests with Queen song names, woo!

aesop

At least the Horde didn't lose cool towns like Crossroads or Tarren Mill, unlike the Alliance who lost Southshore or Theramore. :(

But eh... we got more quests with Queen song names, woo!

Maybe we'll get to thrash Org when we kill Garrosh.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Cory Stockton ‏@mumper
An event 2 years in the making is just a couple hours away. Can’t wait! #Pandaria

What can it be?!?! (tweet was posted about an hour ago.)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's apparently just internal Blizz excitement for the post-launch party blizzard is having.

meeeeeeehhhhhhh

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

I don't know that endlessly grinding on dailies for limited VP/rep rewards is an upgrade from endlessly grinding on heroics for limited VP/rep rewards.

Bisnic

YOU MUST FIGHT, GO'EL

Ugh, don't remind me of that voice. Goel is such a terrible name. It doesn't sound cool or badass or anything. It's Thrall or nothing.

I don't know that endlessly grinding on dailies for limited VP/rep rewards is an upgrade from endlessly grinding on heroics for limited VP/rep rewards.

Eh, i still prefer doing these quests and travel around the world + heroics from times to times than simply doing ONLY heroics and afking in Stormwind while waiting in queue.

You also get more gold that way too!

Irnbru

Gosh, so many people trying to get in on our guild because we are 4/6, but we are a tight group so we aren't letting anyone in lol. We cleared the first four in a hour they are so easy now that we know the fights. One shot all of em. We are now working on elga, which we should get next week! Good times!

Just another execution fight. Healing is getting easier for me (paladin), but my monk friend is still on the ropes with mana.

Also, dailies suck.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
5.1 in my blood

Blood of my blood

Ultratech

Leveling enchanting is much easier if you're doing it alongside tailoring. Make greens, DE, profit.

That or Blacksmithing. Have one dude make a bunch of stuff, send to your Enchanter, DE, and mats!

Also, I'm jelly that Alliance get a Fight Club in the tram area, while Horde gets...a bunch of boxes in an Arena.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So... What rep do people raise first to start buying valor gear?

I haven't done dead wastes or town long steppes yet.

My golden lotus is neutral.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So... What rep do people raise first to start buying valor gear?

I haven't done dead wastes or town long steppes yet.

Klaxxi and Golden Lotus at the same time and then Shado-pan and August Celestials at the same time. You CAN do all of them once they're unlocked by getting Lotus revered, but you will be doing four hours of dailies.

Klaxxi and Golden Lotus at the same time and then Shado-pan and August Celestials at the same time. You CAN do all of them once they're unlocked by getting Lotus revered, but you will be doing four hours of dailies.

Two hours if you skip Order of the Cloud Serpent and you're not going afk every 10 minutes and know where the mobs are ahead of time.
Probably less than 90 minutes if you skip Tillers and Anglers.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So I need to quest in dread wastes to open up klaxxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom