• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So if they had just held back on all of this and released it with a raid in 4-5 months it would've been better?
Well, it wouldn't really have mattered at this point because 5.1 really didn't give us anything besides more time to spend on the game (capping valor each week for the legendary quests and upgrading your gear with the new upgrade-gear-system).

I say they should've just scrapped this whole idea, rethought their whole thing and just go with something a little bit more structure-based because it's a mess right now. The release of MoP was fantastic, the 2-week-per-new-raid system was slightly messy but combining that with 5.1 just made the whole thing a complete mess and it feels like Blizzard really have no idea what they're doing. They're trying to please people (?) but they're doing it the wrong way - they're just giving people stupid reasons to continue their monthly subscription.

Irnbru

Well, it wouldn't really have mattered at this point because 5.1 really didn't give us anything besides more time to spend on the game (capping valor each week for the legendary quests and upgrading your gear with the new upgrade-gear-system).

I say they should've just scrapped this whole idea, rethought their whole thing and just go with something a little bit more structure-based because it's a mess right now. The release of MoP was fantastic, the 2-week-per-new-raid system was slightly messy but combining that with 5.1 just made the whole thing a complete mess and it feels like Blizzard really have no idea what they're doing. They're trying to please people (?) but they're doing it the wrong way - they're just giving people stupid reasons to continue their monthly subscription.

I'm finding raid progression to be really fantastic and fun this time around. Maybe for people not raiding its not fun? But getting through raids has been fantastically fun for me this expac. More then makes up for my sub.

Robin64

I like this patch system as long as we go higher than 5.4, say. Vanilla WoW went up to something like 1.13. Not every patch was a raid patch and it was fun. One patch was battlegrounds, another was weather, a couple were just dungeons.. I liked that delivery.

Then for some reason, at some point, it became "Every patch is three dungeons, a raid and some dailies" and I'm not sure why.

As long as the patches are more frequent, alternating between things the patches deliver is cool with me.

I don't mind 5.1. Some of the new dailies are Dragonmaw Clan level of bad but Krasarang is a pretty good world pvp zone. And it's not like I've touched brawler's guild, pet battles or raided all that much since launch so I'm not out of things to do.

Pace yourself, don't expect Blizzard to do it for you.

Sarcasm

Whats the best way to get VP capped since I am exalted now?

i6kSOWGh2kNx6.jpg

Rokam

I honestly thought Brawler's Guild was pointless, shit rewards and certain classes are screwed. But holy hell it's entertaining to watch. Mainly to see people fail right off the bat and get 1 shot.

Whats the best way to get VP capped since I am exalted now?

LFR, Daily heroic and scenario. Or if you hate yourself just do all the dailies possible for a couple days.

Berordn

Just found it..pretty interesting. The invites on my server go for 8K.

I think the fact that they're dropping off the rares is going to keep the prices for them fairly low on the BMAH. Should be interesting to see in a couple weeks when people can start handing them out, anyway.

Ultratech

So I did some LFR on my DK this afternoon.

Noticed it doesn't show number of bosses killed anymore.

And now those silly gold bags are now Blue items, instead of Purple. lol

Also getting used to the new item tooltip displays; a little jarring after being used to the old ones.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Tried to solo Kaelthas on my paladin, was going fine until he res those 4 blood elves generals that cced me 99% of the time. =/ Is there any way to get rid of all that crap when you're alone? Especially that disoriented effect that last for 10 secs and is constantly spammed?

Berordn

Tried to solo Kaelthas on my paladin, was going fine until he res those 4 blood elves generals that cced me 99% of the time. =/ Is there any way to get rid of all that crap when you're alone? Especially that disoriented effect that last for 10 secs and is constantly spammed?

If you can equip the staff, it's pretty much a nonissue. If not, then I'm not sure. One of the other weapons ought to be able to protect you.

Bisnic

The only thing that could help me is the shield, but its really not enough.

This sucks, i wanted the full T5 paladin set, and i can't solo one boss because of that CC crap. :(

Rokam

The only thing that could help me is the shield, but its really not enough.

This sucks, i wanted the full T5 paladin set, and i can't solo one boss because of that CC crap. :(

Just do it the old way. Kite the problem ones to different parts of the instance the first time you fight them. That will buy you time. The hunter is the one giving you problems so maybe leave him in the room so you can burn him down first.

There's an old rogue solo video that deals with this by pulling the advisors out of his room and fighting them in the 1v1 phase in very different parts of the instance (A'lar and all the trash from the entrance to KT's chamber must dead) so when they res all at once he has time to pick them off one by one and not get constantly CC'd.

At 90 you probably don't have to keep the advisors so spread out but the concept is solid.

aand beaten by 2 minutes.

Wubby

Not sure what this means, but all the new pets they added are on Minfernal timers?

Minfernals are battle pets that spawn in Felwood. Minfernals and Scourged Whelplings in Icecrown have the longest respawn timers of all the battle pets in game. For many, my self included, the only way to catch one is to camp the area after a server restart. Once the spawns are gone after a restart you may not see another until the next restart. They do supposedly respawn but are on a 24+ hour respawn timer. The Time-Lost proto drakes of the pet world.

But the new pets aren't that bad. Problem now is so many people trying to capture them plus the low number of spawn points with a relatively long respawn timer. So thankful I'm not on a server like Malganis.

Minfernals are battle pets that spawn in Felwood. Minfernals and Scourged Whelplings in Icecrown have the longest respawn timers of all the battle pets in game. For many, my self included, the only way to catch one is to camp the area after a server restart. Once the spawns are gone after a restart you may not see another until the next restart. They do supposedly respawn but are on a 24+ hour respawn timer. The Time-Lost proto drakes of the pet world.

But the new pets aren't that bad. Problem now is so many people trying to capture them plus the low number of spawn points with a relatively long respawn timer. So thankful I'm not on a server like Malganis.

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I hadn't really messed with the battle pets - I was looking to work on the quests after the patch - but what I'd been hearing had made me wonder if I should bother.

Tarazet

I'm leveling my Paladin by healing normal dungeons, but Hoptallus is bugging out. The hammers don't spawn during the gauntlet ever, and sometimes fail to spawn during the boss as well.

That's the issue. I'm not saying it's too much content, I'm saying it's too little content for a content patch. 5.1 has been a horrible patch so far.

I know you were not saying it was too much content, my point was they made the reputation rewards low because it needs to last a while.

Decided to play for the first time since like a couple weeks after launch.

Queued up for random on my 88 resto druid......takes 1.5 hours to get a tank for pop.

...get in...."6 minutes till server restarts"

Fuck...u...blizz.

crpav

Decide my fate, cancel my sub or keep playing.....about 1 to 2 hours a week. Things in life have changed. My first son was born in August and I just don't have the time to play the game the amount where it seem fun. I always get the urge to jump on and do something because there is so much but then get burnt out by dailies or just not as fun when I was raiding. I see it as since I can't raid anymore there is less incentive end game to make me want to play. Maybe I answered my own question and should just quit... but it's so hard to walk away.

crpav

On another note, why don't they make 10 man LFRs? Would be less queue times and maybe less pain of AFKers and grievers....maybe?

Decided to play for the first time since like a couple weeks after launch.

Queued up for random on my 88 resto druid......takes 1.5 hours to get a tank for pop.

...get in...."6 minutes till server restarts"

Fuck...u...blizz.

wtf? I've never had a dungeon queue for longer than 45 mins on DPS spec at any level. I think there may be a bigger issue going on with your connection or something, especially queuing as a tank.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Decide my fate, cancel my sub or keep playing.....about 1 to 2 hours a week. Things in life have changed. My first son was born in August and I just don't have the time to play the game the amount where it seem fun. I always get the urge to jump on and do something because there is so much but then get burnt out by dailies or just not as fun when I was raiding. I see it as since I can't raid anymore there is less incentive end game to make me want to play. Maybe I answered my own question and should just quit... but it's so hard to walk away.
I think you should save the money and invest it on your son instead. If you still want some MMO experience, there are plenty of games without a subscription fee. Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic for example. And well, World of Warcraft has a F2P option but it's not that interesting. Congratulations by the way!

On another note, why don't they make 10 man LFRs? Would be less queue times and maybe less pain of AFKers and grievers....maybe?
It has do to with queue mechanics and individual player importance. In 25-man raids (Raid Finder), each player has less importance than they would have in 10-man raids. 25-man raids allow for a few slackers while 10-man does not (unless you have a bunch of exceptionally skilled players).

crpav

Rösti;44879231 said:
I think you should save the money and invest it on your son instead. If you still want some MMO experience, there are plenty of games without a subscription fee. Guild Wars 2, Planetside 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic for example. And well, World of Warcraft has a F2P option but it's not that interesting. Congratulations by the way!

It has do to with queue mechanics and individual player importance. In 25-man raids (Raid Finder), each player has less importance than they would have in 10-man raids. 25-man raids allow for a few slackers while 10-man does not (unless you have a bunch of exceptionally skilled players).

Thanks. Yes I understand now about the 10 man vs 25 man.

Macattk15

My god.

My guild can't make it through Imperial Vizier Zor'lok because they are so f'ing bad at avoiding Attenuation.

One member of our raid ... uses my Warlock Gateway to just go back to the Force and Verve platform while he is doing this because he is so bad.

We make it to the final phase ... but everyone is just so terrible at avoiding Attenuation and then getting in their respective bubbles soon afterwards.

On one pull last night, our tank .. took like 2.6 MILLION damage from Sonic Ring ... several others took over a million through the course of the fight ... I got hit once when I was jumping and spamming Fel Flame.

Why are some people so bad!

Solo'ing old dungeons ... Brutallus was still a pain to solo on my Warlock. If the fight went on 10 seconds longer I would of died.

Only class that can is DK's.

Did it on my warlock with Voidwalker pet also.

wtf? I've never had a dungeon queue for longer than 45 mins on DPS spec at any level. I think there may be a bigger issue going on with your connection or something, especially queuing as a tank.

Not "as a tank" was waiting for a tank.......considering the time of day I imagine not too many were queuing.

Irnbru

My god.

My guild can't make it through Imperial Vizier Zor'lok because they are so f'ing bad at avoiding Attenuation.

One member of our raid ... uses my Warlock Gateway to just go back to the Force and Verve platform while he is doing this because he is so bad.

We make it to the final phase ... but everyone is just so terrible at avoiding Attenuation and then getting in their respective bubbles soon afterwards.

On one pull last night, our tank .. took like 2.6 MILLION damage from Sonic Ring ... several others took over a million through the course of the fight ... I got hit once when I was jumping and spamming Fel Flame.

Why are some people so bad!

Solo'ing old dungeons ... Brutallus was still a pain to solo on my Warlock. If the fight went on 10 seconds longer I would of died.

Did it on my warlock with Voidwalker pet also.

Tell em to move counter to the way the things are moving right outside the bosses hit box, I very rarely ever take damage from it this way. Makes attenuation pretty trivial that way.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'm finding raid progression to be really fantastic and fun this time around. Maybe for people not raiding its not fun? But getting through raids has been fantastically fun for me this expac. More then makes up for my sub.

I'm not raiding at all and I'm having a blast. Pet battles have kept me more busy than I'd like to admit. I'm even enjoying the dailys, giving me a reason to fish and explore and level archy. For me so far MoP has been fun.

The biggest complaint I have about 5.1 is the brawler's guild. It sounded like an awesome solo thing originally, like something for non-raiders. However, with the difficulty in getting an invite, you almost have to be a super rich hardcore player with over 100K gold reserves to even get into it. That's not what I was expecting. :(

Wubby

Wubby is #1 in US!

There's a bug causing all the high ranked pet tamers to be deleted off Wowprogress so it's only a matter of time before I get deleted as well. I should be only around 200th in US but the others higher than me have already been deleted. At least I have a screenshot that I was once #1 on wowprogress lol.

Ultratech

10-Man LFR would be kinda interesting, though they'd have to retune some stuff so one or two baddies wouldn't ruin everything.

Had that thought the other night running Kara and thinking, "Man, this place would be pretty neat to do in LFR...".
(Then you'd actually do bosses only have to wipes due to lack of knowledge on mechanics. Don't move out of Flame Wreath! Avoid Infernals! And so on...)

Tamanon

Banned
I'm not raiding at all and I'm having a blast. Pet battles have kept me more busy than I'd like to admit. I'm even enjoying the dailys, giving me a reason to fish and explore and level archy. For me so far MoP has been fun.

The biggest complaint I have about 5.1 is the brawler's guild. It sounded like an awesome solo thing originally, like something for non-raiders. However, with the difficulty in getting an invite, you almost have to be a super rich hardcore player with over 100K gold reserves to even get into it. That's not what I was expecting. :(

Generally raiding and money don't go hand in hand. If anything, not having to constantly update and upgrade your gear makes it easier to have lots of money.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Generally raiding and money don't go hand in hand. If anything, not having to constantly update and upgrade your gear makes it easier to have lots of money.

Then I'm doing something wrong, because I only have like 6K right now and thats the most I've ever had, LOL.

Macattk15

Tell em to move counter to the way the things are moving right outside the bosses hit box, I very rarely ever take damage from it this way. Makes attenuation pretty trivial that way.

I have. I've even told them to specifically watch me as they lie dead on the floor. It doesn't work and I just cannot understand it.

Not "as a tank" was waiting for a tank.......considering the time of day I imagine not too many were queuing.

Alt progression has gone from quite manageable to utterly demoralizing. It wouldn't be surprising if there just weren't that many people coming up the ranks where there would have been plenty of alts before.

Bisnic

Alt progression has gone from quite manageable to utterly demoralizing. It wouldn't be surprising if there just weren't that many people coming up the ranks where there would have been plenty of alts before.

Well, considering all the stuff that you can do at max lvl in this expansion, it's understandable why people barely play their low lvl alts anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom