• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I haven't played in weeks, but I figure I should hop on to check out some of the scenarios and stuff. I want to hang out with Vol'jin because we are friends.

Plenty of people talking about it on the official forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199642211

There's a chance it might just be a bug. That's what everyone is hopeful about... But I have my doubts about it just being a bug. If you knew what you were doing you could get a pet from 1 to 25 in an hour or so. A dreadfully boring hour but an hour nonetheless. Now it'll take a week to get one to 25 if that's all you spend your game time on.

Gawddammit. I didn't know about the "hour" thing. If I had, I would have worked on that sooner. *grumbles*

I'm going through one of those moments where I'm tempted to just say fuck it and take a break. There's a point where I look forward to the content I get to do and there's the point where I go "gawddammit this has turned into a 60 hour a week job if I want to get close to catching up". It's getting towards the later for me.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
What other old raids can I solo as a Pally? I am Holy spec, but hav Ret and some shitty gear for 2nd spec.
I have done MC and BWL so far. Tonight I will try AQ20 and AQ40.

Would I be able to do TK? Also, I never raided after TBC. Any WOTLK raids soloable?

Talents

Banned
Hey everyone, never posted in this thread before.

So basically I recently renewed my subscription for WoW and got MoP, yet it seems like the time to get levels up is really long. I've been levelling for 2 days and I'm still level 85 and only 2/3 way to 86, is there supposed to be another way to level up besides doing quests or is it just much longer than Cataclysm/WOTLK etc?

Tarazet

Hey everyone, never posted in this thread before.

So basically I recently renewed my subscription for WoW and got MoP, yet it seems like the time to get levels up is really long. I've been levelling for 2 days and I'm still level 85 and only 2/3 way to 86, is there supposed to be another way to level up besides doing quests or is it just much longer than Cataclysm/WOTLK etc?

It is slow from 85-90 for sure. I wasn't playing in Vanilla, but from players I know who did, they say it's like Vanilla leveling. Doing the dungeon quests will give you a bit of a boost.

Tarazet

What other old raids can I solo as a Pally? I am Holy spec, but hav Ret and some shitty gear for 2nd spec.
I have done MC and BWL so far. Tonight I will try AQ20 and AQ40.

Would I be able to do TK? Also, I never raided after TBC. Any WOTLK raids soloable?

AQ20 was soloable before the patch, very easily.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I suppose those old raids are only soloable by tanking classes huh?

I wouldn't expect my mage to survive some of these TBC or WOTLK raids, even as frost.

Tarazet

I wouldn't expect my mage to survive some of these TBC or WOTLK raids, even as frost.

I did AQ20 in cat spec. No problem. If you want that Guardian of Cenarius title, good time to do it.

Depends on the raid. Prince Malchezaar has about as much HP as the Mogu mobs in Vale during your Golden Lotus dailies.

Slayerx

Yeah it appears all of the story content (I think its like 100 quests) open up over time without any dailies. I am pretty happy about that =)

Seeing what kinda wacky geometry and pathing exploiting I could use to solo various things was always one of my favorite things to do as a mage. I miss my mage sometimes, but he's marooned on my old server like Mega Man on the moon.

Berordn

Is this for old content? I tried to get into MC a while back but it needed me to be in a raid group.

Technically you haven't needed a raid group to get into MC since... 3 point something if you were attuned, but old raids no longer require you to be in a raid group to enter through the instance portal.

Berordn

Weird, I tried in Cata and it told me I needed to be in a raid group.

If you're attuned and use the shortcut from the elf outside BRD, you didn't need to be in a raid group. If you were walking into the instance through BRD, past the seven dwarfs, then you needed to be in a raid group.

Wtf is this stupid shit?

A test of valor? 6 weeks of capping valor to finish this quest?

BLIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!!!

Edit: In other news... 8D!

i3ggs.jpg

Ultratech

I assume its the Horde wolf mount from rated battlegrounds. Just like King Wrynn has the rated battlegrounds Alliance horse.

What's funny is that I've seen only like one person with one of the RBG mounts.
They're really pretty awesome looking.

From 85-90, most of your EXP is probably gonna come from Quests. (And it's a good idea to do them, since they generally have pretty decent gear; especially in the later areas.)

And it's only gonna get slower. lol (No joke, 88-90 feels like it takes a while.)

Bisnic

What's funny is that I've seen only like one person with one of the RBG mounts.
They're really pretty awesome looking.

Yeah, it's a real shame. I really want that mount but rated battlegrounds are impossible for me.

Can't you sell them for Conquest points at least Blizzard? :(

Robin64

The three mobs Alliance have to kill for their brawl invites are MUCH easier than the ones Horde have to kill. It's stupid.

beanman25

So guys quick question. I want to register my free key with the first 2 expansions I got for having D3. I'm not ready to use my 30 days though, but the deadline is coming up. Does my time start upon activation of the key? Or do I have to play first? I plan on buying Pandaria, but not until christmas.

So guys quick question. I want to register my free key with the first 2 expansions I got for having D3. I'm not ready to use my 30 days though, but the deadline is coming up. Does my time start upon activation of the key? Or do I have to play first? I plan on buying Pandaria, but not until christmas.
You get the free days once you subscribe. After that you can cancel and be left with the 30 days without a charge to your account.

At least that's how I remember it.

I read somewhere that story bits from this patch unlock on a timer regardless of the daily progress. We shall see.

I hadn't heard this rumor but I hope so. I liked being able to go in there and do a quest then be able to do the Dagger scenario then bail out to go level my Brewmaster. If I can continue to see the content, I'll be a happy camper. Blood oath 'an all.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The three mobs Alliance have to kill for their brawl invites are MUCH easier than the ones Horde have to kill. It's stupid.

Varian's also not a huge dick when he comes ashore, which I assume Garrosh is.

Bisnic

Varian's also not a huge dick when he comes ashore, which I assume Garrosh is.

I haven't played Horde yet since the patch, but i already have an idea what Garrosh says :

"Kill all these filthy Alliances! Leave no one alive. This sand will turn red like my RAAAAAGE."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I haven't played Horde yet since the patch, but i already have an idea what Garrosh says :

"Kill all these filthy Alliances! Leave no one alive. This sand will turn red like my RAAAAAGE."

Varian's versions is like Anduin going, "Don't kill a ton of people there be sha here," and Varian's like "It's okay son, I just gotta protect my people," and then Anduin's like "I love you Dad"

suzu

Plenty of people talking about it on the official forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199642211

There's a chance it might just be a bug. That's what everyone is hopeful about... But I have my doubts about it just being a bug. If you knew what you were doing you could get a pet from 1 to 25 in an hour or so. A dreadfully boring hour but an hour nonetheless. Now it'll take a week to get one to 25 if that's all you spend your game time on.

That is so stupid. My pet team is only level 10, but I was planning on starting up pet battling again. It was already slow before, but I guess I won't bother until they do something about the exp. :/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am not sure why you would be that surprised when this is a big chunk of the new content for 5.1. Also those dailies take so little time that it is not a big hassle.
That's the issue. I'm not saying it's too much content, I'm saying it's too little content for a content patch. 5.1 has been a horrible patch so far.

Berordn

That's the issue. I'm not saying it's too much content, I'm saying it's too little content for a content patch. 5.1 has been a horrible patch so far.

So if they had just held back on all of this and released it with a raid in 4-5 months it would've been better?

So is there anything worthwhile to get in Brawler's guild?

Not really, but the fights and watching them with others is pretty fucking sweet. I didn't expect to enjoy spectating but I've been watching people for an hour or so.

Robin64

Yeah, Garrosh comes ashore and he's all "RAAAR, KILL THE DAMN ALLIANCE. VOL'JIN, WHY AREN'T YOU ON YOUR ISLAND KISSING FROGS? HEY STUPID GOBLINS, EITHER DRILL OIL OR GET KILLED BY ME, GARROSH".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom