• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I log on to my alt and this quest pops up:

zXOVC.jpg

How did I not get this on my main?

Sarcasm

Where is this quest for that new rep/lore that leads you to the quest hub or something? I flown in and out of vale and shrine =/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

Managed to squeeze in 5 bars of Black Prince rep in 30 minutes before raid started :lol

Hotfix inc?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I managed to kill Razorgore after about 10 tries. I think I have a good method down now.

I've come to the conclusion that I cannot kill Ebonroc.
....after a 30 minute battle.

When I got back to reevaluate my strategy I discovered I could just run around him anyways. Nef dropped my bp so my t2 is finally done.
I also got a new blue pet off Chromaggus.

Ultratech

Did some AQ40 earlier. Kinda bugged out on me solo for some reason.

So I brought a Mage guildie and got through it without much trouble.

Viscidus got crazy nerfed; so long as you've got someone/something that can do ice attacks, he'll go down pretty easily. We killed him in about a minute or two.

Twin Emps wasn't too hard once I could nerf the heals with Widow Poison (which only works on one of 'em...).

Only other thing we had trouble with was C'Thun since if you don't escape the stomach fast enough, he'll warp someone else in there and all players in stomach = wipe.

(Also found out you could warp to Twin Emps/C'Thun's Room...I never knew this, nor did anyone tell me. ;_;)

No pets dropped, but I got the Red bug mount. :D

I've come to the conclusion that I cannot kill Ebonroc.
....after a 30 minute battle.

When I got back to reevaluate my strategy I discovered I could just run around him anyways. Nef dropped my bp so my t2 is finally done.
I also got a new blue pet off Chromaggus.

Yeah, Ebonroc's pretty tough if you can't find a way to outdamage or nerf his 25k heals.

Mortal Strike effects probably help on Ebonroc (another case where Blood DKs are the solo masters!)

And anyone on Mal'Ganis snag a Brawler's guild invite? Hook me up later if you do. >.>

Yoshichan

All right, help me out here. I did my 5 (6?) dailies but I heard there are more? Do I use [Lion's Landing Commission] to buy dailies? Can/do I buy all three every day?

Any more secrets I should know about? What can I buy with the Lion-stuff (besides dailies)?

Wubby

They've nerfed pet battle XP gains by like 90%. It's going to take forever to level a pet to 25 now. Wish I had leveled more before the change that they gave no warning of.

Yoshichan

They've nerfed pet battle XP gains by like 90%. It's going to take forever to level a pet to 25 now. Wish I had leveled more before the change that they gave no warning of.
Uh... can someone confirm? I have a hard time believing they'd actually nerf it since it was already slow as fuck imo.

Ultratech

Chess is (and was) easy to solo if you just cheese it. It's been a while since I've done it, so I can't remember the pieces properly, but..

There's a warlock piece that can buff another piece to double their damage. So you get that to buff your king, then just spam their king with your ranged attack. If your buff runs out, just switch to the warlock and rebuff. And that is literally it. Takes no time at all.

So yeah...this doesn't work.

Warlocks can't double damage, and moving the two pieces out in front just gets them killed faster. (Horde one has a Fireball and a DoT with big range.)

Half the time, my Warlock and King get fire under them, or some BS happens like their King getting ubered up.

Edit: Finally got it after some careful manipulation...

Yoshichan

Who the fuck tested 5.1? Horrible job.

Yoshichan

Worst patch evar.
No, it seriously is. It's buggy as hell, it's rushed and it's providing zero actual content and it's only a way of keeping the player busy upgrading their loot for (at least) 24 weeks.

edit: Oh look, not only are we going to make you grind 5 of these items with a 2% drop rate, they're also going to glitch out every 30 seconds and evade-bug so essentially, you'll have to kill twice as many as you actually need!

Good job!

Yoshichan

I do not take sides. I am fair, I am justice. Come forth, bow to me and I will respect you as my son - but turn your back against me and you shall be my enemy. My words will strike as a sword piercing through the strongest armor, but you will know that the result will be essential for our future.

mclem

I've just mentally tagged 5.1 as 'the Christmas patch'.

Christmas is a tricky time for us as a guild. We have one or two weeks where we don't have formal raiding while people do family stuff. It's been particularly awkward when - on occasion - a major raid has been released in early December, which has happened a couple of times recently. We get one or two weeks of raiding it, then a protracted break, and then have to pick up where we left off. It's inconvenient and it's hindered retention somewhat, as people crave to do the new stuff which we can't actually supply for 'em due to familial obligations.

A patch of 5.1's nature is *ideal* for this. New content that *doesn't* particularly require large groups should be enough to keep people who won't spend as much time out of the game happy. I'm sure there will be enough in-guild that those will be catered for nicely and should keep people diverted until things get back to normal.

Tarazet

Did the new daily hub and then all of the LFR's plus Sha of Anger in one evening, including tanking Heart of Fear and Terrace. Exhausting and for once I had bad luck with drops, it was all stuff I had already.

Then apparently, since I wasn't enough of a glutton for punishment, I logged onto my 85 Paladin alt for the first time in forever and tried to heal. After leveling a Resto Shaman and a Holy Priest, not to mention the times i piddled around healing on my Druid main, I hated Paladin healing for 5-mans. The throughput is fine, but it's far more dependent on cast-time heals because of the lack of any functional HoT, and I was running out of mana frequently despite having spirit on everything and using only relatively efficient heals. I can't imagine that gets any better at 90.

Rokam

Bungie's new game

Kaplan described the setting of Titan as a mixture of science fiction, near future, post-apocalypse and history in a joking manner.

Hmmm, granted Kaplan's thing was rather vague but... yeah. Please let it be so! Although it obviously wouldn't be this exact game because that's the console game!

I was happy to see how fast the new daily hub seems to be when I hit it yesterday. I was dreading having to sit and grind stuff for 30 minutes just to do a few quests. Between those dailies and hitting a hub for one of the factions I need to wrap up to get to Exalted, it looks like I can now just run a Scenario to hit my daily VP goal instead of having to run a Heroic.

Now if I could just start phasing out some of the LFR runs I need to do, five is just too many when they are painfully boring. I think I might just cut out MSV at this point since I really only need one more Holy drop from there and it is just not worth the hassle for it.

Enosh

the daily charms are now a currency
but the new daily commendations thingys take up bag space

I swear blizzard is just trolling us...

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I followed MMO-Champion's advice and secure Lion's Landing to gain access to the new quest from Wrathion (where you become revered with him). However, when I travel to Tavern in the Mists, Wrathion has no quest to give out. I have completed Trial of the Black Prince to reach honored, but I have not completed The Strength of One's Foes. Must have I done both of these to continue the quest line?

Sarcasm

Rösti;44836890 said:
I followed MMO-Champion's advice and secure Lion's Landing to gain access to the new quest from Wrathion (where you become revered with him). However, when I travel to Tavern in the Mists, Wrathion has no quest to give out. I have completed Trial of the Black Prince to reach honored, but I have not completed The Strength of One's Foes. Must have I done both of these to continue the quest line?

Can you link? Gonna go look for it.

**I believe to gain rep into revered you have to wait til next patch.

Also there is no epic quest for exalted with August Celestial?

Rösti;44836890 said:

You should not have to as I have not finished it and I started gaining reputation with The Black Prince against last night.

Edit: Unless you mean to receive the quest for reaching Revered in which case I have no idea.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Can you link? Gonna go look for it.

**I believe to gain rep into revered you have to wait til next patch.

Also there is no epic quest for exalted with August Celestial?
Here's what MMO-Champion said, scroll down a bit: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3030-Patch-5-1-Live-This-Week

The last thing we heard from Wrathion were his instructions to await the fleet's arrival in Patch 5.1. After meeting the scout, and clearing the way, the fleet will arrive.

You can then visit Wrathion again, who wants to learn more about Varian. You must then prove that your faction should win the war by earning Revered with him, which is done by killing forces of the opposing faction in Krasarang Wilds. There are some side quests along the way, such as winning the new Mists of Pandaria battlegrounds or taking a group to kill a general.

The quest seems enabled anyway, it can be linked:

reputationa1uf9.png

Wubby

Uh... can someone confirm? I have a hard time believing they'd actually nerf it since it was already slow as fuck imo.

Plenty of people talking about it on the official forums:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7199642211

There's a chance it might just be a bug. That's what everyone is hopeful about... But I have my doubts about it just being a bug. If you knew what you were doing you could get a pet from 1 to 25 in an hour or so. A dreadfully boring hour but an hour nonetheless. Now it'll take a week to get one to 25 if that's all you spend your game time on.

And another great move by Blizzard regarding pets! All of the new wild pets they added they've decided to put on an extra-long spawn timer (think Minfernal / Scourged Whelp but a little bit better). I've managed to get one of each but no rares. They had stated previously that these new pets were being added to help address the fact that certain pet families (ala Dragonkins) didn't have many wild pets. By putting them on such long respawn timers they don't help the lack of certain pet families issues at all.

Yoshichan

Rösti, did you upgrade your computer or something :3? Looks slightly better than usual!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Rösti, did you upgrade your computer or something :3? Looks slightly better than usual!
Not really. Though I noticed Config.wtf was altered a bit with this patch, so maybe something changed automatically.

Also, it seems you must have completed both legendary quests by Wrathion before you can start on the one to become revered with him. You will stain gain reputation by killing opposite faction members in Krasarang Wilds (shoreline) though.

Also, a lot of quests appear bugged. I only got very few daily quests by Lion's Landing, and The Best Around for example isn't even given (by Admiral Taylor).

Yoshichan

Robin64

The commissions allow you to recruit NPC forces for your PvP objectives. They even get tagged with your name for others to see.

Yoshichan

So todays dailies:

Hero Killer
Worker Harassment
Sentry Wards
Good luck, have fun
Hard counter

+ One of the three bosses

= 1210 Reputation with the 8% buff

Bad.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So todays dailies:

Hero Killer
Worker Harassment
Sentry Wards
Good luck, have fun
Hard counter

Bad.

30 days (Friendly->Exalted) without the buff. :(

12 days (Revered->Exalted) with the buff. :(

So todays dailies:

Hero Killer
Worker Harassment
Sentry Wards
Good luck, have fun
Hard counter

Bad.

I am not sure why you would be that surprised when this is a big chunk of the new content for 5.1. Also those dailies take so little time that it is not a big hassle.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So they added an extra grind into the game whose endpoint is literally obtaining your first flying mount in slightly higher resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom