• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

What class has easiest time soloing through old expansions content?

Also,
I have a mage 90 a lock 85 and a hunter at 70 but I really want to play something "in your face". Am tired of ranged stuff. I play mostly for fun and never really raided since vanilla. I love playing a bit of PvP but nothing serious.

Help me GAF :)

For old content? Blood DK's the old title holder, though they face some stiff competition from Brewmasters now. Feral/Guardian druids have also been pretty good.

Mothman91

Finally got around to doing the new questlines/dailies yesterday on my main.

Man, they're pretty quick. I grouped with two other guys, and we had 'em done in like 5 minutes.

Also did Dagger in the Dark...
Can't help but feel Garrosh is being a hypocrite, since when Sylvanas used the Val'kyr to make new Undead, he got all pissed about her playing God. Then you find out his intentions at the end of the scenario with wanting to make the Saurok his own soldiers, and it just made me smh. I'm guessing at this point, Garrosh is slowly getting corrupted/already corrupted? Or am I thinking too hard about this?

And somebody put out that poor Treant!

I think you're right also. My friend has been telling me that
Garrosh will be the final boss of MoP, according to Blizz

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm loving all these 5.1 story line quests.

I just did one where
I helped Thrall take back the Troll city from a bunch of Garrosh's Orcs

Before, stuff like that, would have been in a book and I would have had to read a wiki to learn that that even took place.

Garryk

Any Rogues noticing stealth doesn't seem to be very effective after the patch? Stuff is aggroing me as soon as I get close.

Also, I'm getting launched if I dismount while moving forward. Like I'll fly in to attack, but as soon as the mount cancels I get launched 50 feet. Got thrown to my death from the Sky Range yesterday.

So I just bought MoP on black Friday and resubbed. In Kun Lai Summit right now. WHY IS THIS ZONE SO FUCKING BIG? It's like the boring, tedious, overlong factor of Borean Tundra to the bazillionth power. I'm so fucking sick of this uninteresting, monotone shithole of a zone. Why is it so long? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?///

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You know you're not forced to complete each zones right? If you don't like Kun-Lai Summit, just go to the next zone once you are the recommended level.

johnsmith

remember me
Since I upgraded a LFR weapon, I just guaranteed my guild's going to breeze through the rest of the tier, and weapons are going to drop like candy, making this a waste.

jbs82k3V0mTHs.png

We're currently 5/6 MSV, 1/6 HOF, 0/4 TES.

So, Brawler's Guild is pretty awesome. Well done Blizzard. Queue sucks though, luckily I can play during the night. I recommend playing during the morning, after the hardcores go to bed, and before the casuals wake up/come home from school/work. 5AM - 10AM was a breeze.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They made the rare Pandaren Relic Hunter items way easier to get (or did they?). I had exactly 1 from launch to this morning, and I picked up 12 more in the last couple of hours.

get a shitty fast dagger. Every class CAN do it at this point, not sure what else they need to do to nerf it.

Rondel, Elixir of Mighty Speed Elixir of Rapids, Tangy Yoghurt, Potion of Speed, Time Warp... And I still cannot break it. So in my opinion, there is more they can do to nerf it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
9rilH.jpg

Got 20 in one day
Wtf? Spent over 48 hours traveling between Thrall and Mal'Ganis to find these treasures and found three.

What kind of population were you hunting those down in? One with you alone?

Quick question for hunters.
Does the Stampede used as a marksman work with the exotic beasts i tamed as a beast master?
I would try by myself but i'm not lv 87 yet :p.

Bisnic

I've been lucky with BC drops this week, only missing the chest and shield to make my full draenei paladin set. :p

ZspA0.png

qwerty2k

Anyone advise how i should know how to price the items i am crafting from tailoring? For instance, just made a pair of Dreamweave Gloves, now i don't have a clue what to price them at and there are none on the auction house on my server, are there any rough guides?

I've been lucky with BC drops this week, only missing the chest and shield to make my full draenei paladin set. :p

ZspA0.png

I can't wait to grab that set along with T6 I think it is when I get my new paladin up there. BC had some really nice pally sets.

Still stuck with bad hotel internet at the moment though, so I can't even download the patch, let alone play. The speed is less than 1Mb/s. Doesn't have enough bandwidth to stream any video, and can barely do music.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
10-15%? Still gonna be the most powerful class.

Need 200% nerf.

Berordn

10-15%? Still gonna be the most powerful class.

Need 200% nerf.

Fire's simming on the lowest end of the spectrum now, and the last few parses I've seen show it much lower than average in action. Only extreme RNG pulls it from the DPS ghetto. It's an insane overnerf and everybody saw this coming when they announced the combustion changes. The fact that they nerfed burning soul alongside it which was COMPLETELY unwarranted is what's setting everyone off.

Arcane's simming highest and got a few buffs in 5.1 so I guess everyone's going to be jumping ship to that or frost for the time being. Arcane's still a boring spec, but at least it does reliable damage.

Neki

Fire's simming on the lowest end of the spectrum now, and the last few parses I've seen show it much lower than average. Only extreme RNG pulls it from the DPS ghetto. It's an insane overnerf and everybody saw this coming when they announced the combustion changes. The fact that they nerfed burning soul alongside it which was COMPLETELY unwarranted is what's setting everyone off.

Arcane's simming highest and got a few buffs in 5.1 so I guess everyone's going to be jumping ship to that or frost for the time being. Arcane's still a boring spec, but at least it does reliable damage.

you mean critical mass*

and arcane can't be top spec because any movement effectively destroys arcane dps

Bisnic

Good, maybe that will give these stubborn fire mages an excuse to give frost a try. :p It's no longer a PVP spec only and its very fun to play.

Berordn

you mean critical mass*

and arcane can't be top spec because any movement effectively destroys arcane dps

Yes, that.

I've actually been having some luck with Arcane, but being a turret isn't really much fun at all.

Good, maybe that will give these stubborn fire mages an excuse to give frost a try. :p It's no longer a PVP spec only and its very fun to play.

I tried it at the start of the expansion and I don't care for it at all. Something about the water elemental just sets me off, I guess.

Neki

I like Frost more than Fire, but I played Fire because it was our best spec. Now, I'm going to be close to bottom of the dps charts now. :(

Bisnic

Eh, the only thing i don't like about the elemental is how it's always in my way when i want to click or loot things, especially in the Tillers farm. I always have to tell it to get away from me. :lol

Yoshichan

What's going on here? Why is my game suddenly capped at 100fps?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
What's going on here? Why is my game suddenly capped at 100fps?
It might have something to do with this, but could also be some simple changes to Config.wtf (I noticed that it was completely reset for me when 5.1 launched). Check if you have got VSync disabled, then input the following:

/console maxfps setting
/console gxRestart (this isn't actually necessary, but I recommend you do it anyway)

The frame rate softcap is 200 (it was 1000 in 2009). At worst, they have changed it to 100 with this most recent hotfix, but that doesn't sound like something they would do. I'll look into it.

Update: I'm getting something between 100-110 FPS, so it's probably something minor that has been changed.

Yoshichan

Yay! I don't know what kind of magic that was Rösti, but that fixed the cap :D Thanks a lot man!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
fire, the most powerful dps spec (due to rng and scaling) was hit hard with a 5.1 hotfix, effectively nerfing their damage by 10-15%.

people are upset

Fire was topping the meters by like 20K though

Frost 4 Life

I miss my vanilla 24 Fire / 27 Frost spec so much

Anyone else who is still leveling up pleased with the new dungeons as much as I am? Everything from the layouts to the art design is so much better than those depressing Cata dungeons. The only thing that feels like a sloppy clusterfuck full of trash to me so far is Shado-Pan Monastery, and even that has ok boss fights.

Hex

Banned
Has anyone here tried to get WoW time cards during these Toy R Us buy 1 get 1 type sales on games and accessories?

Since I upgraded a LFR weapon, I just guaranteed my guild's going to breeze through the rest of the tier, and weapons are going to drop like candy, making this a waste.

We're currently 5/6 MSV, 1/6 HOF, 0/4 TES.

Well if you haven't even cleared any of HoF, even Heroic MSV weapons don't compare to LFR sha touched weapons with socket.

Kenai

Well if you haven't even cleared any of HoF, even Heroic MSV weapons don't compare to LFR sha touched weapons with socket.

I've been trying to get the two handed staff for my MW but nada. I even went in again a few times just to use an extra Golden Charm, but I have 3 tier drops now. I'm starting to wonder if MW is even tagged in the lootpool for it...so annoying that SP staves without hit are so rare. It's only this and the (expensive) Inscription staff that are better than the 463 blue I have.

Yoshichan

So I just completed todays Volgin/Thrall/Horde-quests (honored with Dominance Offensive)... the story is shaping up.

edit: But really, what's going on here? Got a mail from Vol'jin:

My friend,

Garrosh tried to off me with a dagger to the throat. But I got something more powerful than assassin's poison. I got friends. You, Chen Stormstout, Thrall... we been through worse.

I need to lie low for a while. Get me head together, Chen is taking me to the Shadopan Monastery to heal.

Meantimes, I need you to stay close to Garrosh. Keep your eyes open. Find out what he gotgoing on. Dangerous. But I know you can handle yourself. I seen it with me own eyes.

-Vol'jin

Doesn't sound like something Garrosh would do at all... is the letter fake or something? Like, "dagger" and "poison"? GARROSH? Hired assassin?

Berordn

Fire was topping the meters by like 20K though

The nerf to combustion was totally warranted and that was the primary reason that fire was topping the charts so much.

The change to critical mass basically handicaps the spec until the next tier when the amount of crit on gear makes up for the 50% reduction.

Rokam

So I just completed todays Volgin/Thrall/Horde-quests (honored with Dominance Offensive)... the story is shaping up.

edit: But really, what's going on here? Got a mail from Vol'jin:

My friend,

Garrosh tried to off me with a dagger to the throat. But I got something more powerful than assassin's poison. I got friends. You, Chen Stormstout, Thrall... we been through worse.

I need to lie low for a while. Get me head together, Chen is taking me to the Shadopan Monastery to heal.

Meantimes, I need you to stay close to Garrosh. Keep your eyes open. Find out what he gotgoing on. Dangerous. But I know you can handle yourself. I seen it with me own eyes.

-Vol'jin

Doesn't sound like something Garrosh would do at all... is the letter fake or something? Like, "dagger" and "poison"? GARROSH? Hired assassin?

You need to do the new scenario Dagger in the Dark. Probably the best scenario they've released yet, as far as mechanics and story.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
The nerf to fire was overkill. They did it too much (but us long time mages are used to it) and as usually will likely back peddle a bit down the road.

The Combustion nerf was bad enough, but the CM nerf just compounded it too much IMO.

I have two fire spec mages, one at fresh 90 level gear, and another running around 490 ilvl.

The fresh does NOT have the stats to shift around to compensate for these changes and sucks bad right now.

My main though is still doing pretty decent DPS and I have to get really lucky to get to where I was before.

Using LFR as a test case...I would normally be 1-3 in DPS. Now I am 1-5. Some fights I still dominate, others I have dropped off a few spots.

Like I said above though...standard fair from Blizz. Mages are the PRIME example of PvP interfering with PvE (that is a whole other thing I know...just venting a bit ;P) and over-reactionary changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom