• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

Procs are fun, honestly.
Despite never being in the latest content, I don't think I've enjoyed playing more than with my fire mage. Going through pulls without much in the way of procs, getting moaned at only to obliterate them in the next pull was always so satisfying.

Going to roll a new mage when my MBA arrives, still not sure whether to go fire or give frost a try. I have no interest in arcane for some reason.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
All right, so with the DMF buff, I get 180 rep per turn in (Dominance Offensive)... how much do you normally get? I forgot.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks guys :3

Gravijah

i just activated MoP and it gave me the option to upgrade to Digital Deluxe... if i say no thanks for now, can i still upgrade later?

Alright, OS3D 25 man was a bit hard even on 90 to solo. :D

But it's doable though? Was thinking that this was one I needed to try to snag the Twilight Drake (did OS3D multiple times during Wrath - almost during 3.1, but definitely by 3.2/3.3). Never got the 25-man drake for myself though. Do have a Black Drake from back then, but there's other things out there which are nicer.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The Tillers farm is being generous with Golden Lotus today.

sanstitregkdnj.jpg

Yoshichan

Is it from the random herb seed? How often do you get a golden lotus (averaged) every day from them?

Yoshichan

Gearing up your alts (not doing alts) is absolutely retarded. Literally zero invites to pugs because of low ilvl, even though I outperform 90% of all scrub healers with 20 more ilvl than me.

Skill > gear (to a certain degree).

Stay free.

strafer

But it's doable though? Was thinking that this was one I needed to try to snag the Twilight Drake (did OS3D multiple times during Wrath - almost during 3.1, but definitely by 3.2/3.3). Never got the 25-man drake for myself though. Do have a Black Drake from back then, but there's other things out there which are nicer.

Maybe, managed to get him down to 30%

then the damage got too much.

shame really, i really want that Twilight Drake.

Sarcasm

Seriously WTF. I am doing Terrace. Win two items and they completely suck compared to what I got in vaults.

And I used a coin on one. Why is newer raids giving out shitty gear?

ch0mp

Seriously WTF. I am doing Terrace. Win two items and they completely suck compared to what I got in vaults.

And I used a coin on one. Why is newer raids giving out shitty gear?
Because every piece of gear is not perfectly itemised for you.

Krogan

Gearing up your alts (not doing alts) is absolutely retarded. Literally zero invites to pugs because of low ilvl, even though I outperform 90% of all scrub healers with 20 more ilvl than me.

Skill > gear (to a certain degree).

Stay free.

Is it really surprising that pugs don't want to take their chances with low ilvl players? What is your alt's ilvl?

Yoshichan

Is it really surprising that pugs don't want to take their chances with low ilvl players? What is your alt's ilvl?
It's Monday. Beggars can't be choosers. They got 0 progress done, so eat it, scrubs.

Bisnic

Saw the Zarhym twitter that says maybe we'll get less restrictions on weapons transmog with 5.2, like using axe models for swords, or using main hand models in offhand. Hopefully it will happen.

Wubby

Saw the Zarhym twitter that says maybe we'll get less restrictions on weapons transmog with 5.2, like using axe models for swords, or using main hand models in offhand. Hopefully it will happen.

Incoming Teebu's Blazing Longsword price drop and a an increase for Blade of Wizardry.

I have a Blade of Wizardry that's been sitting in my private guild bank for a while now. Still haven't decided if I should sell it or give it to my warrior for a tanking weapon transmog.

Tarazet

Rolled a Prot Warrior and gave him the 5-piece looms plus the sword. From 10-12, I didn't have a shield. Mobs couldn't hit me, but rage gen was so slow in Defensive stance that I could do nothing but stand there and auto-attack. It was painful. Ran back to Org and bought a shield, and just like that, I had access to Shield Slam and was two-shotting rares. Utterly stupid and fun.

While I was grinding the JP for those looms in heroics on my Druid tank, I got one particular random heroic with a stupidly well-geared Resto Druid. It was Scarlet Monastery. On Thalnos, he blew Heart of the Wild and did 122K DPS. I did 60K. The three DPS did about 45K put together. At the end of the dungeon, I looked at the overall damage done and the Druid was #2 at around 37K average for the whole dungeon. I've never seen anything like that.

In general, on any kind of AOE pull, I've found that Guardian Druid is completely bonkers. Thrash dots tick crazy hard. It takes a tremendous amount of focused damage to pull anything off of a Druid tank, and I routinely top the charts on huge trash pulls like the ones in Heart of Fear.

Rokam

Really love the way the new daily hub is setup, every 2-3 days you get a new part of the questline. Makes the daily grind bearable.

Bisnic

Yes.

My only complaint is there are not enough dailies there.

Or rather, that they don't give enough rep. We don't really need more dailies than we already got. I get barely ~1000 rep a day. If they could give as much rep as an Anglers daily, i'd be happier.

ZenaxPure

Really love the way the new daily hub is setup, every 2-3 days you get a new part of the questline. Makes the daily grind bearable.

It's a really interesting setup, honestly I'm not even sure how it works. I got the first quest on my priest two days ago around when she hit about 5000 into honored but I got the quest on my rogue today (around 800 or so in) despite skipping like 3 days of dailies on him.

Berordn

Or rather, that they don't give enough rep. We don't really need more dailies than we already got. I get barely ~1000 rep a day. If they could give as much rep as an Anglers daily, i'd be happier.

My perception may be skewed a bit thanks to the DMF bonus right now, but it seems like Dominance Offensive/Operation: Shieldwall takes about as long as any of the other major daily factions just because there's so many storyline quests that also give rep. I haven't been doing the extra wildlife dailies since it started and I'm already halfway through honored. It's a slog, but it doesn't seem outright terrible.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Killed Empress last night then went to Terrace to try out Protectors for a bit before raid time was over. Protector is insanely easy compared to the bosses in HoF, we ended up doing Elite mode and I had no idea until I noticed the loot. Figured we were doing the easy version of the fight since we 3 shoot it.

We did 2 or so pulls on the next boss and got it to 40 or so percent, that one seems easy as well.

Ultratech

Maybe, managed to get him down to 30%

then the damage got too much.

shame really, i really want that Twilight Drake.

Yeah, you really have to pump some major DPS if you wanna down him quickly without getting overwhelmed. (Something like 100k+? That's what I heard.)

That, or just get a small group of like 2-3 people and run it for 2-3 weeks and everyone gets one!

It's a really interesting setup, honestly I'm not even sure how it works. I got the first quest on my priest two days ago around when she hit about 5000 into honored but I got the quest on my rogue today (around 800 or so in) despite skipping like 3 days of dailies on him.

I heard it's based on time or something. Like a little bit more of the quests open up as time goes by.
Update: Dave Kosak tweeted yesterday "Operation: Shieldwall and Dominance Offensive storyline quests unlock every 2-3 days as you do the dailies. The story will slowly unfold!"

Also finally managed to get Revered with Klaxxi. (I've been putting it off for a while...) With the Darkmoon Rep buff and the Grand Commendation, I managed to get 25% through Revered last night doing the quests that opened up.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Also finally managed to get Revered with Klaxxi. (I've been putting it off for a while...) With the Darkmoon Rep buff and the Grand Commendation, I managed to get 25% through Revered last night doing the quests that opened up.
Noticed they have lowered the Klaxxi shard hand-in quest from 20 per hand-in to 5. Had 25 on hand and skyrocketed to 20k into revered today (600 rep per x5), was a very nice surprise.

Tarazet

My perception may be skewed a bit thanks to the DMF bonus right now, but it seems like Dominance Offensive/Operation: Shieldwall takes about as long as any of the other major daily factions just because there's so many storyline quests that also give rep. I haven't been doing the extra wildlife dailies since it started and I'm already halfway through honored. It's a slog, but it doesn't seem outright terrible.

How? I've been doing all the dailies every day, including the wildlife, and I'm at 1860 into Honored.

Ultratech

Noticed they have lowered the Klaxxi shard hand-in quest from 20 per hand-in to 5. Had 25 on hand and skyrocketed to 20k into revered today (600 rep per x5), was a very nice surprise.

Yeah, glad they changed that. It was stupid at 20 since it gave so little rep for something that has a pretty iffy drop rate to begin with.

Berordn

How? I've been doing all the dailies every day, including the wildlife, and I'm at 1860 into Honored.

Eh, I misspoke. Not halfway, but good headway. 1500 or so, which feels fine to me since the hub's dailies only ever seem to take 20-25 minutes and it's only been out for a week.

Bisnic

That's nice, now if they could only up the chances for a Gun-Lai key to drop for Golden Lotus rep, that would be nice.

Oh yeah, and also improve the Valor points you get for successfully killing the last boss of a LFR or heroic. I think I'm going to give up trying to hit the Valor cap on 2 characters now, shit is too time consuming.

Tarazet

Eh, I misspoke. Not halfway, but good headway. 1500 or so, which feels fine to me since the hub's dailies only ever seem to take 20-25 minutes and it's only been out for a week.

Everyone is gated by valor anyway, unless they're raiding a lot and getting 496+ pieces. This week I ought to get the 496 trinket from the DO quartermaster to replace my Relic of Xuen, and then it'll be another two weeks before I can get the boots. That's about how long it will take me to get the rep.

Berordn

Everyone is gated by valor anyway, unless they're raiding a lot and getting 496+ pieces. This week I ought to get the 496 trinket from the DO quartermaster to replace my Relic of Xuen, and then it'll be another two weeks before I can get the boots. That's about how long it will take me to get the rep.

Wait, why are you replacing Relic of Xuen with the Medallion? It was still BiS for agi DPS when last I checked.

Tarazet

Wait, why are you replacing Relic of Xuen with the Medallion? It was still BiS for agi DPS when last I checked.

ICD on Relic of Xuen is 55 seconds, granting an uptime around 25% and averages around 1712 Agi.
Medallion is 1152 Agility + 25% uptime of the on-use crit buff, for an average of 959 Crit.

Realistically, you're probably right, even if the Medallion would improve my rage gen by a little it would trade off some dodge chance from Agi.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ghostlands/Tarazet/advanced

This is where I'm at now. Probably better to replace the RF Terror in the Mists or save up for the shoulders.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

5.3 - Using Thunderfury to transmog healing maces

Yeah, glad they changed that. It was stupid at 20 since it gave so little rep for something that has a pretty iffy drop rate to begin with.

Makes me wish I didn't turn mine in before. I didn't bother to look up how much rep you'd get a head of time and said fuck it to the Klaxxi in general when I saw 600 rep for two weeks worth of kills. Hate dailies so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom