• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garryk

I completed my Loremaster of Pandaria before I trained Pandaria flying. The game definitely flows much better using a ground mount. I still want the flying mount on corpse runs though. >_<

Tarazet

I like the look of many ground mounts over the flying ones personally. It's too bad most of them are useless unless you play an alt that can't fly, do a battleground, or are in the rare instances that allows them.

That and how the flying mounts allows us to skip many danger, be it monsters or other players and makes the whole world less intriguing.

I wouldn't feel bad if they suddenly decided to take them out. Of course, we all know they would never do that.

I'm enjoying being stuck on the ground on my Ally alt. She's starting from zero including a level 2 guild, so it may be weeks or months before I can afford it anyway.

So if I haven't healed since classic on my priest, what would be involved in having an alternate to my shadow priest setup? Based on watching LFR/etc. healer pretty much means insta-queue, will the loot drops be utilizable between the specs?

ZenaxPure

So if I haven't healed since classic on my priest, what would be involved in having an alternate to my shadow priest setup? Based on watching LFR/etc. healer pretty much means insta-queue, will the loot drops be utilizable between the specs?

Shadow and healing priest gear is exactly the same as far as the loot tables go, you would be seeing the same drops, except for trinkets, where you would not have access to the dps ones (elegon, sha trinkets basically).

If you're looking for a spec I'd say disc, Spirit Shell is stupidly overpowered for absolutely no good reason. But you would obviously have to learn everything new since healing now is completely different than it was in vanilla.

Ultratech

What are the good addons nowdays?

Guess it depends on what you want.
I'd recommend:

-DBM: For very obvious reasons; boss timers and all sorts of fun stuff. VERY helpful for running dungeons/raids/whatever.

-AtlasLoot: Yeah, the Journal kinda does a good job of showing loot, but AtlasLoot still has a ton of other useful modules, like showing what you get out of Crafting, Factions, and so on.

-Glance (or TitanBar): Shows you useful info at the top of the screen, like Gold, Armor durability, and so on.

-OmniCC (or whatever it's called): Shows numbers on your icons to show you the cooldown on a skill/item or how long a debuff lasts. Pretty neat to have.

why do hunters in raids never bring sporebats

so useless

I usually have a Laser Turkey/Shadow Priest in the party. Otherwise, I'd bother with bringing one.

Hoplatee

Damnit. My keybinds keep resetting on my Warrior every single time I logout. Very annoying. I don't have this problem on any other chars.

KePoW

Banned
Guess it depends on what you want.
I'd recommend:

-DBM: For very obvious reasons; boss timers and all sorts of fun stuff. VERY helpful for running dungeons/raids/whatever.

-AtlasLoot: Yeah, the Journal kinda does a good job of showing loot, but AtlasLoot still has a ton of other useful modules, like showing what you get out of Crafting, Factions, and so on.

-Glance (or TitanBar): Shows you useful info at the top of the screen, like Gold, Armor durability, and so on.

-OmniCC (or whatever it's called): Shows numbers on your icons to show you the cooldown on a skill/item or how long a debuff lasts. Pretty neat to have.

Sweet thanks!

People still use TitanBar? Lawdy.

Addons I can't live without:

TBag: it's a better bag
Clique: Probably the best way to heal, when combined with
Grid: Better raid frames
Postal: Better inbox, better mail sending
TomTom: For all your navigational needs.

Addons I love because they're very flexible:

Pitbull: Not the easiest thing to configure but once you've got it down there's really no comparison to keeping your target, focus target and target-of-target frames organized.

That's about it. Don't install more addons (like bigwigs, gatherer, auctioneer) until you really start needing them. It will help you keep your UI uncluttered, only adding components where you think you'll need them most.

Slayerx

That feel what you need one sigil of wisdom for legendary quest, kill all 9 bosses who drop it, they bizarrely drop 5 pieces of loot with only one elder token used, and guess what, no sigil. Fuck this game, seriously. I was actually getting progressively more angry when I was seeing more loot drops, which have a significantly lower drop rate that those fucking sigils. Also Frostmourne went down during one of those runs and I had to queue up 3 times to get 2/4 instance because I ain't doing those shit bosses again.

Sarcasm

Addons I can't live without:

TBag: it's a better bag
Clique: Probably the best way to heal, when combined with
Grid: Better raid frames
Postal: Better inbox, better mail sending
TomTom: For all your navigational needs.

Addons I love because they're very flexible:

Pitbull: Not the easiest thing to configure but once you've got it down there's really no comparison to keeping your target, focus target and target-of-target frames organized.

That's about it. Don't install more addons (like bigwigs, gatherer, auctioneer) until you really start needing them. It will help you keep your UI uncluttered, only adding components where you think you'll need them most.

People people..include screenshots of your setup.

Dawg

MogIt is also a very useful addon, especially if you want to create a good looking transmog set. You can create your own transmog set on the go (you can choose out of every item in the game) and easily match colors this way.

Btw, I'm really loving the Shado Pan Tiger mount. Awesome mount.

That old "Vanilla" music started to play. I was not ready for this.

Seeing anything related to the old WoW _always_ makes me sad. It makes me think of all those years, all those people I met, all those guilds I joined. Saddest part is that many of those guilds are now dead and many of the people I met hardly play or just quit. I wish I could go back sometimes.

strafer

They so crazy.

&#40654;&#26126;&#20043;&#32764; (Wings of Dawn) was able to kill Protector Kaolan last and defeat Elite difficulty Protectors of the Endless. It appears that it was a close fight, as not many of them were alive for looting. Killing the bosses in the encounter in this order gives them access to the item level 516 loot. Congratulations to them!

wfEliteKill.jpg

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Since we're posting addons right now.

I recently switch over to ElvUI, really love the look of it. Makes everything super clean and sharp.

Helps with cutting back on the addons, too. A lot of the addons I use to have come built in with ElvUI.

Dawg

Fuck... A while ago, I found an old video of me playing Vanilla WoW. It felt so good seeing my old character in STV greens again.

Today, I wanted to check it again for nostalgia purposes. I was looking for it and remembered I found it by accident on google videos archive a while ago. I kept looking, but didn't find it.

Went to wikipedia and read this...

Google Videos was shut on August 20, 2012. The remaining Google Videos content was moved to YouTube.

Fuck.

Tarazet

I was trying to figure out why I was having such a hard time with my Holy Paladin. I was struggling like crazy to heal 5-mans without running out of mana and generally to perform as well as my Resto Shaman (they're level 87 and 86). Then I swapped out Eternal Flame for Sacred Shield and swapped Sanctified Wrath for Divine Purpose. Somehow, everything just fell into place, and now he's blowing my Shaman out of the water. I don't really understand, but I'm not going to complain.

It doesn't get anymore old school than this.

wow_screen008.jpg

I have no fucking clue what class that is supposed to be. Warlock?

Also - Pitbull is a worse version of Shadowed Unit Frames (SUF), my preferred frame mod. And I've tried them all out. Although both of those are better than X-Perl, which is like the "for dummies" version. Sets up easier, but much less customization. If you want an all-in-one, I definitely have to agree that ElvUI is pretty much the way to go. My only issue with it is that some of its modules interfere with better, standalone versions.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yesterday was the first day since MoP launch that I didn't log in...

It feels weird, but it had to happen eventually... I don't expect to log in for raid today either :/

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yesterday was the first day since MoP launch that I didn't log in...

It feels weird, but it had to happen eventually... I don't expect to log in for raid today either :/

I logged in for like a total of 20 minutes then logged out. Not having an active guild and not raiding anymore, I have no real reason to log in.

I half wish I was still raiding, half wish I don't. Because if I was raiding I'd want a guild that's well into heroic modes by now but that means I'd be putting a time investment back into the game to make sure I did dailies, LFR, on top of raiding.

Ultratech

I guess? I think I was thinking of Titan Panel. I use Glance though, which works well enough, I suppose.

I use some other stuff like Bartender, Mogit, Xperl Unit Frames, and Grid.

Didn't mention them in the first post, since I didn't consider them necessary, but they are handy.

Dawg

As a rogue, I only use recount (and the usual PvE DBM)

Nothing else tbh. A lot of my fellow rogues use addons to track S&D timers, but even that feels unnecessary for me. I'd still outperform them.

By the way, I like Nug Combo Bar for tracking combo point classes (Rogues, Paladins, etc.) especially if you're using modified unit frames, as it gives a nice clear interface for that. The biggest thing is that you can have the final point light up and be a different color than all the other points, so it's a nice at a glance feature. For some reason it's worse than it used to be, but still good. I'm sure there's other addons that do the same thing though, as it's pretty simple.

And yeah, I use TitanPanel, though I haven't set on a different skin from the default. It's a nice non-intrusive way to get a bunch of information quickly without having to dig through other menus, etc. The XP tracker is one of the nicer built-in modules, as it estimates time to level based on how much you've been earning (for alts primarily at most times.) Otherwise I have an additional plugin that I believe is still called TitanWG which tracks Wintergrasp and Tol Barad. Obviously not as useful now without an equivalent in Mists. The gold tracker (I believe the one I'm actually using comes from another addon) is nice as well, especially since I have large amounts of gold on toons besides my main, so it's good for getting my total net worth and figuring out from who and where I should send gold when I need to move it around. The other use I get out of it mainly is one-click access to some addons that would otherwise require digging through one or two levels of menus to access the options.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I logged in for like a total of 20 minutes then logged out. Not having an active guild and not raiding anymore, I have no real reason to log in.

I half wish I was still raiding, half wish I don't. Because if I was raiding I'd want a guild that's well into heroic modes by now but that means I'd be putting a time investment back into the game to make sure I did dailies, LFR, on top of raiding.

I've also been thinking recently that maybe I should just stop playing until the next patch... all i've been doing lately is LFR and heroics just to hit the valor cap on 2 characters. And with the stupid low chance on getting upgrades in LFR... well, the fun isn't there much. And now that i've seen all the story of 5.1, what else is left to do that is interesting? Might as well stop and wait for 5.2. I won't bother trying to find a raiding guild, i've tried this in the past, and it's not for me.

It might also give me more time to play other games.

Ultratech

And yeah, I use TitanPanel, though I haven't set on a different skin from the default. It's a nice non-intrusive way to get a bunch of information quickly without having to dig through other menus, etc. The XP tracker is one of the nicer built-in modules, as it estimates time to level based on how much you've been earning (for alts primarily at most times.) Otherwise I have an additional plugin that I believe is still called TitanWG which tracks Wintergrasp and Tol Barad. Obviously not as useful now without an equivalent in Mists. The gold tracker (I believe the one I'm actually using comes from another addon) is nice as well, especially since I have large amounts of gold on toons besides my main, so it's good for getting my total net worth and figuring out from who and where I should send gold when I need to move it around. The other use I get out of it mainly is one-click access to some addons that would otherwise require digging through one or two levels of menus to access the options.

Check out Glance, since it has a lot of that stuff built in, like XP tracking, Money between alts, WG/TB timers, and some other stuff like Emblem, Rep, and Armor (has an annoying option in there to auto-repair armor that I typically turn off).
But you can rearrange stuff and turn off modules you don't want. Don't think it has that one-click access to other addons though.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/glance

Tarazet

I've also been thinking recently that maybe I should just stop playing until the next patch... all i've been doing lately is LFR and heroics just to hit the valor cap on 2 characters. And with the stupid low chance on getting upgrades in LFR... well, the fun isn't there much. And now that i've seen all the story of 5.1, what else is left to do that is interesting? Might as well stop and wait for 5.2. I won't bother trying to find a raiding guild, i've tried this in the past, and it's not for me.

I've finished all the dailies in MoP on my main, so I'm mainly just working on alts and trying to come up with stupid new things to do. I went with 4 other people in my guild and killed the Lich King. Right as we got revived, one of the orb adds went off and blasted us off the map. It was the most dramatic and hilarious moment.

Also, combine Flying Serpent Kick with Slow Fall for amazing results.

Last week was the first week where I did not Valor cap or even do all the LFRs. I just could not be bothered to do it. I am going to see Dominance Offensive through, but other than that I have little left to do. I am definitely done doing MV LFR so maybe only having to do three a week now will help. We will see if I am in the mood to login tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom