• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enosh

I give up on trying to quest on my alt, it's just too painful, all the mobs have waaay to much HP, I need to go through my rotation 3-4 times per one mob, I can murder a 90 mob in 3 seconds on my DK main -.- I don't remember leveling alts, even undegeared ones through 80-85 stuff to be that annoying

will probably try dungeon grinding with my prot OS

Gotta get my hands on this badboy once the new transmog rules get here.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=40396
hope to get shadowmourne before 5.2 ^^ already up to blood infusion, which along with probably frost infusion will be done this week, then it's 50 shards time, yay

TheYanger

I give up on trying to quest on my alt, it's just too painful, all the mobs have waaay to much HP, I need to go through my rotation 3-4 times per one mob, I can murder a 90 mob in 3 seconds on my DK main -.- I don't remember leveling alts, even undegeared ones through 80-85 stuff to be that annoying

hope to get shadowmourne before 5.2 ^^ already up to blood infusion, which along with probably frost infusion will be done this week, then it's 50 shards time, yay

Just heads up you can't transmog legendaries!

Sarcasm

What is your alt?

Enosh

Just heads up you can't transmog legendaries!
like mentioned, they said some stuff that lead people to believe you can transmog legendaries in 5.2, might not be the case, but I rather get it done if possible, especially since 25 man HC ICC is really easy and fast to do these days

plus even if it won't be possible I can still make some 200k in gold from selling the shit you get at the end :p

What is your alt?
paladin
I just got too used to two shooting stuff on my DK now, it's a pain to fight a mob for 10s :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
48jznr.png

This waiting time is terrible!! I don't get it, it's not like Terrace of Endless Spring is a hard LFR raid...

Sarcasm

like mentioned, they said some stuff that lead people to believe you can transmog legendaries in 5.2, might not be the case, but I rather get it done if possible, especially since 25 man HC ICC is really easy and fast to do these days

plus even if it won't be possible I can still make some 200k in gold from selling the shit you get at the end :p

paladin
I just got too used to two shooting stuff on my DK now, it's a pain to fight a mob for 10s :(

Yea my alt is a DK. DKs are stupid n00b DPS and it gets addicting. With my paladin I go prot and just mass pull lol (same with druid).

48jznr.png

This waiting time is terrible!! I don't get it, it's not like Terrace of Endless Spring is a hard LFR raid...

Yeah healers have been in short supply, I've seen it sit at similar a lot recently.

I just got my *third* LFR neck drop. Need to get someone to DE the first two. Still sitting in lvl 450 shoes until I get enough VP to redeem at Operation: Shield Wall. #FWP

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I switched from healer to DPS because I got bored of healing. LFR takes 40-50 minutes now instead of instant :(

Hoplatee

First few days I enjoyed it alot. The leveling, the dungeons. Then I got to 90 and the heroics which were great.

Then I found out that you have to do around 9999999999999999 daily quests to progress and my motivation dropped a bit. I already explained that I think Daily Quests are one of the worst things that plague WoW. Then I did 2 LFR raids and I remembered again why I stopped playing 2 years ago. (got 3 loots though!!)

For years I was hardcore raider. From the 40 man times to early Cataclysm. Nowadays I can't stand it to do with 25 people I don't know. But now the insane amounts of Daily Quests made it even more unlikable.

I am glad I gave it a shot. I enjoyed the leveling, dungeons and so on but everything after that would just be repeating the exact things I hate and made me stop playing before.

Shame really. :(

Alts and stuff are fun but in the end you'll bump into having to do all those dailies and that is not my idea of fun.

e) this post came across a bit weird/whining, I didn't mean it like that. :)

First few days I enjoyed it alot. The leveling, the dungeons. Then I got to 90 and the heroics which were great.

Then I found out that you have to do around 9999999999999999 daily quests to progress and my motivation dropped a bit. I already explained that I think Daily Quests are one of the worst things that plague WoW. Then I did 2 LFR raids and I remembered again why I stopped playing 2 years ago. (got 3 loots though!!)

For years I was hardcore raider. From the 40 man times to early Cataclysm. Nowadays I can't stand it to do with 25 people I don't know. But now the insane amounts of Daily Quests made it even more unlikable.

I am glad I gave it a shot. I enjoyed the leveling, dungeons and so on but everything after that would just be repeating the exact things I hate and made me stop playing before.

Alts and stuff are fun but in the end you'll bump into having to do all those dailies and that is not my idea of fun.

Not defending dailies, but do you have a suggestion for a better way of progression for those at max level? You don't have to do dailies at all if you don't want to, but you'd be stuck with heroic/lfr level gear.

I'm legitimately curious, not trying to pick on you or anything.

Hoplatee

Not defending dailies, but do you have a suggestion for a better way of progression for those at max level? You don't have to do dailies at all if you don't want to, but you'd be stuck with heroic/lfr level gear.

I myself don't know the answer to fixing it either. I probbaly would not complain if I could farm the rep in instances with those tabards but that system sucks even more.

The only solution I could quickly come by is that you just increase the rep gains a lot so that it won't take weeks. Im sure there are plenty of haters for but eh.... So many, so little time, so many boring quests,

I'd like the benefits but the rep grind via daily quests is something I refuse to do. Which just leasves me out of pretty much anything. :(

edit : Remember, they were added for a little bit of cash income sometime in TBC. After that point they went crazy. Stuff like Drakes whichi you could do with daily stuff which were fun. Same for that other one where you bombed trees.

You could do Alternate Advancement in the style of Everquest, get a token of some description for each level earned post-cap like Guild Wars, an account-bound system of alt rewards like SWTOR.

Pick one. Any of them. Rip them off. Anything but more of those god forsaken dailies.

Tarazet

Finally got my sha-touched staff off of Tsulong LFR after blowing all my coins on it for a month. Since it is without a doubt the best weapon I will be able to get for a while, I put the gem in it and enchanted it with Dancing Steel. Now I'm sitting at 486 ilevel and I have 0 normal raid kills. I have so much LFR gear that I have a full separately enchanted and gemmed epic off-set. It would be nice if I was actually in a raid guild so I could be getting BiS stuff.

Rokam

My shaman no longer needs LFR and my DK only needs the Sha weapon, I'm in the same spot as you. Except the thing holding me back is my computer is a piece of shit.

Robin64

I'd like to see the amount of rep increased for "old" factions when a new patch comes out.

5.1 gave Dominance Offensive and Operation Shieldwall, who both have much better ilvl rewards than the 5.0 factions. So the 5.0 ones should have had their quest rep reward doubled. And then if 5.2 has new factions, the 5.1 ones should get that treatment too.

Bisnic

How far can one solo raids?

I have a rogue and DK/warrior.

I suppose most vanilla and BC bosses are soloable no matter the class, but for WOTLK, i guess you would need to have a class with some decent self healing like a DK, druid or paladin to solo everything.

strafer

What I meant to say is that in technical terms, it's simply a matter of time until any kind of graphics is considered bad/out dated. But graphics as in the “artwork” is something quite different; it has an intrinsic value that doesn’t degrade over time. That's why lots of people still play Mario, Puzzle Bobble, Pac-Man... and they still love the artwork and gameplay.
Lately it seems that quite a lot of games tend to be all about who has the biggest textures and latest shaders, that's an illusion that usually manages to hide the lack of innovation and real gameplay value.

Now, of course, graphics are also important and that's why we upgrade our engine from time to time, especially if it will make it more efficient and give players a better performance, but I'd still like to think that what players value the most is the gameplay, originality and innovation.

There is also an issue with changing something that is considered classic, and in my opinion, WoW verges on that. A lot of players would dislike major changes to the artwork, so when we upgrade our graphics engine, we need to be careful to make sure it doesn’t change the classic visuals that much.

Dawg

imo, they should change character models but that's the limit. There's a reason I enjoy playing WoW and the artstyle/graphics are a big part of that. The cartoony feel just makes it SO different than the rest.

Guild Wars 2 for example, that game has amazing graphics, but I feel like those graphics are missing a soul.

ZenaxPure

I suppose most vanilla and BC bosses are soloable no matter the class, but for WOTLK, i guess you would need to have a class with some decent self healing like a DK, druid or paladin to solo everything.

To add to this a bit, pretty much every class can solo a lot of wotlk actually as long as you do 10 man. I do VoA/Ony on all my characters each week and do Naxx 10 on my rogue, rogue can do parts of Ulduar as well. ToC and ICC are where things become sketchy if you don't have some sort of tanking capabilities (pets, tank spec, whatever).

Ultratech

48jznr.png

No joke, every time I try to do Terrace LFR, I'm stuck with a 30-40 min queue time.

It sucks.

I switched from healer to DPS because I got bored of healing. LFR takes 40-50 minutes now instead of instant :(

Did Terrace last week and had a Shaman queue as a healer, but was in DPS spec. While we didn't have any issues, people complained about it and kicked him.
The ironic part was said Shaman had the highest DPS on the previous fights. Though he probably shouldn't had mentioned that he queued as a healer due to instantly getting in...

I don't mind dailies so long as there aren't a lot and they aren't terribly hard.

Part of this is why I like doing Dominance Offensive and The Anglers. Their dailies are pretty short to the point and you feel like you're making some actual progress while doing them.

Then you have stuff like Golden Lotus which takes seemingly forever and has a crapton of dailies (pretty annoying ones at that). Feels like I make little progress at all doing that, and it's made worse by the fact that it blocks access to other factions.

Klaxxi's a little annoying in a similar aspect (lots of dailies), but you make some significant progress on it doing regular quests and get the buffs to help you out.

Tarazet

Did Terrace last week and had a Shaman queue as a healer, but was in DPS spec. While we didn't have any issues, people complained about it and kicked him.
The ironic part was said Shaman had the highest DPS on the previous fights. Though he probably shouldn't had mentioned that he queued as a healer due to instantly getting in...

We wound up 4 healing an MSV at one point because we had a Ret Paladin and Shadow Priest in the healer slots. The remaining 4 kept it together all the way through the end. It was impressive.

Bisnic

Not enough healers with appropriate gear. Plus the healers get shit on pretty hard.

I have yet to see someone shit on my paladin healer in LFR. People usually shit on tanks or healers that are far far behind other healers in Healing Meters. And by far far behind, i mean almost close to DPS with self heals.

I have yet to see someone shit on my paladin healer in LFR. People usually shit on tanks or healers that are far far behind other healers in Healing Meters. And by far far behind, i mean almost close to DPS with self heals.

Yeah, I should also note that healers quit a lot because the tanks or DPS cause wipes on gimme bosses. I usually see tanks get into it with healers. And it's usually the tanks' fault for pulling the bosses too close together or something.

Tarazet

Well, there's being low on the meters because your healing is being pre-empted and there's falling behind because you're doing nothing but spamming Flash Heal and running out of mana. I've seen some very good healers fall into the first camp, especially if there is more than one Paladin or Disc Priest. Their absorbs pad the meters like crazy and don't count as overhealing, even if they expire unused. I usually see Holy Priests and Druids lower on the meters, especially if they're doing raid healing, and I forgive them because I understand why. It doesn't mean they're less effective healers.

Ultratech

Yeah, I should also note that healers quit a lot because the tanks or DPS cause wipes on gimme bosses. I usually see tanks get into it with healers. And it's usually the tanks' fault for pulling the bosses too close together or something.

A lot of what I see is usually Tanks being stupid (not Taunting off of each other or facing the boss towards everyone)
or DPS having crappy positional awareness (like standing in front of Lei Shi or standing in bad stuff).

Berordn

That is one of the things I miss about the Warlock redesign, even though I've never played much Warlock. Mages still get a variety of armor spells :/

It's stupid that we even have them still, since you never deviate from the one you use for your spec. It's just one more thing to forget to recast when respeccing.

You could do Alternate Advancement in the style of Everquest, get a token of some description for each level earned post-cap like Guild Wars, an account-bound system of alt rewards like SWTOR.

Pick one. Any of them. Rip them off. Anything but more of those god forsaken dailies.

I quit EQ because of AA points. I hated that system.

I'd much rather have the option of doing a set of dailies for an hour and listen to some music or watch some TV while I slog through it than to get parties together and grind exp mobs. Jesus, that system took all the fun out of playing for me. "Hey, I know you're max level, but you really aren't. Have fun!"

Sorry, not trying to come down on you, but I had so much fun in EQ for the first two expansions and SoL just ruined it for me. :(

Back to WoW, I'm never going to get a Fist of the Spirtbinder. That is all. :(

McNei1y

I see tanks and healers fight occasionally. It seems that most DPS have learned to keep their mouths shut since they're thankful to have a queue pop.

So I posted about 2-3 weeks back about getting back into wow. I still haven't been able to get into my guilds group but I am at 471 ilvl and am doing LFR's... I haven't even reached revered with Golden Lotus yet... (like one or two more days until I do). I did get exalted with Tillers though, so I can finally be the farmer that I always wanted to be.

Bizazedo

Yeah, I've been queuing recently as DPS because it's faster than as a tank, but I'll do the fights in tank spec / gear for the proper loot I am actually seeking.

I feel bad about the dps loss, but..

A). It's LFR, enrage isn't really an issue and..
B). I've saved multiple LFR's at this point by correcting dumb tank mistakes on Garalon, Tsulong, and Sha of Fear (really? come on) and it's only been one week.

The only spot I've seen LFR's struggle waiting for tanks, though, is for Will of the Emperor and for that I firmly blame loot drops.

In fact, a lot of LFR problems these days imo stems from loot drops and it being based on spec.

Imo, anyways.

Thank you Mr. Blingtron.
Awesome, I was losing hope. Grats.

Tarazet

Yeah, I've been queuing recently as DPS because it's faster than as a tank, but I'll do the fights in tank spec / gear for the proper loot I am actually seeking.

I feel bad about the dps loss, but..

A). It's LFR, enrage isn't really an issue and..
B). I've saved multiple LFR's at this point by correcting dumb tank mistakes on Garalon, Tsulong, and Sha of Fear (really? come on) and it's only been one week.

The only spot I've seen LFR's struggle waiting for tanks, though, is for Will of the Emperor and for that I firmly blame loot drops.

Will of the Emperor is the only fight that I refuse to tank. I don't even like running it as a melee DPS. For characters that are short and can't see over the boss' shoulder, it's fucking impossible to keep track of what's going on.

Berordn

Tanks have the least complicated job on the Will encounter. Just zoom your camera out all the way and point it at the ground.

Yeah, I tanked it for the first time two days ago on normal and only got hit by one strike of devastating combos.

The melee hits ended up being significantly harder to deal with.

What the hell. I hate RNG.
Last week, 16 bosses + 3 extra roll = 1 item
This one, 13 bosses + 2 extra roll = 8 items.
All epic <3, average level 486.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom