• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, getting really bored of the game.

I'm striking off a daily routine off my list and I'm down to valor capping and rep grind.

It's kinda like this.

PVP
Farming
Pet Battle
Sha of Anger
Herbing
Looking at AH
Daily Inscription
Valor Cap (LFR, Daily Heroics)
Rep Grind (Dominance Offensive)

I can't even bother looking at AH anymore!

Neki

Man, getting really bored of the game.

I'm striking off a daily routine off my list and I'm down to valor capping and rep grind.

It's kinda like this.

PVP
Farming
Pet Battle
Sha of Anger
Herbing
Looking at AH
Daily Inscription
Valor Cap (LFR, Daily Heroics)
Rep Grind (Dominance Offensive)

I can't even bother looking at AH anymore!

Mine is:
Valor Cap
Raiding
Alt Druid

only things I log in for

I think valor capping might be coming off my list.

I have one three-hour raid a week, and I'm 10 iLVLs higher than the next geared person. Frankly, I should be skipping MV. >_>;;

Sadly it will need to return to your list once you finish part 1 of the legendary.

This thing better be worth it and have some damn cool effects/on-use abilities and not just a piece of orange text affixed to a slightly better than average epic. I'm looking at you Sulfuras (albeit it does have a very nice model, especially compared to the typical Vanilla stuff.)

Rokam

Well this part is to just put a prismatic socket in it. Honestly not sure how they're going to handle 5.2 raid weapons. Wonder if they'll also be sha touched or what.

Westlo

People on PvP server complaining about PvP? I am on one and I LOVE THAT ITS BACK! Even the camping!

Anyways..

Anybody here play WoW who is Oceanic? I currently play on a NA account, but live in Taiwan. Also my server only has 49K people ( 29K my faction - horde heavy server). I am kinda wondering if it be worth it to xfer to one that is labeled Oceanic (I know servers aren't here but it be nice to have lots of people on during when I can be)..

So any input?

Frostmourne is the go to oceanic pvp server, seems like 60% alliance 40% horde, if you want to kill Ghalleon you go alliance, for horde we're not even sure it exists lol.

Rokam

Oh yeah, I think that's the reason why I'm doing it. Already half way done.

What a joke of a method to extend content. Garbage design.

Eh, I think it's alright since it's for a legendary weapon in the future. Since everyone can get it, think you be have to put in time for it. Although I can see the argument against it.

Eh, I think it's alright since it's for a legendary weapon in the future. Since everyone can get it, think you be have to put in time for it. Although I can see the argument against it.

You put in the same amount of time if there was no limit, but because there's a 1k limit each week, they're deviously dangling a carrot to continue subscriptions.

I might just end mine soon.

Enosh

I have to say the whole 5.1 dailies are dailies done right
not too many (I am looking at you klaxxi and golden lotus) and you regularly get story quest which also give a decent chuck of rep, instead of only getting something when you hit the honored/revered/exalted milestones

if all the factions were done like this from the start there would be a lot less complaining about dailies imho

if only there wasn't the mine daily area, fuck that one -.-

Ultratech

I have to say the whole 5.1 dailies are dailies done right
not too many (I am looking at you klaxxi and golden lotus) and you regularly get story quest which also give a decent chuck of rep, instead of only getting something when you hit the honored/revered/exalted milestones

if all the factions were done like this from the start there would be a lot less complaining about dailies imho

if only there wasn't the mine daily area, fuck that one -.-

Agreed. That's the one thing I like about the new factions since there's not a lot of dailies to do, and you can usually get them done fairly quickly.

Klaxxi usually isn't TOO bad since you can often get a bunch of quests done at the same time in one general area, as well as having the Paragon Enhancements to help you. Still pretty slow going. (Think I'm getting about 11-12% rep a day at Revered with the Commendation.)

Golden Lotus just straight up sucks. Too many dailies and has you flying all over the place. ("Got those quests done here? Now go to this place and do some more." -_-) They go a lot faster in a group, but barring that, it takes a while.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok so what the fuck is going on? Where is the Mote of Harmony-vendor when shit is all phased? I thought it would retrack to its original phase once you were exalted but nothing has changed and there are next no zero NPCs here...

Bizazedo

Ok so what the fuck is going on? Where is the Mote of Harmony-vendor when shit is all phased? I thought it would retrack to its original phase once you were exalted but nothing has changed and there are next no zero NPCs here...

That's weird, it's always reverted immediately after whatever storyline I was doing completed.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's weird, it's always reverted immediately after whatever storyline I was doing completed.
What the heck, are you serious?

WTFFF????

JPV1L.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Agreed. That's the one thing I like about the new factions since there's not a lot of dailies to do, and you can usually get them done fairly quickly.

Klaxxi usually isn't TOO bad since you can often get a bunch of quests done at the same time in one general area, as well as having the Paragon Enhancements to help you. Still pretty slow going. (Think I'm getting about 11-12% rep a day at Revered with the Commendation.)

Golden Lotus just straight up sucks. Too many dailies and has you flying all over the place. ("Got those quests done here? Now go to this place and do some more." -_-) They go a lot faster in a group, but barring that, it takes a while.

Klaxxi is ok unless it is one of those days where you have to go to the island to the southwest. Fuck that island.

Same with that cavern full of double mogus with 900k+ HP each. Seriously, who thought it was a bright idea to give them that much health, even if their health is (usually, sometimes its not?) shared.

Golden Lotus can go to hell.

Whooter

Same with that cavern full of double mogus with 900k+ HP each. Seriously, who thought it was a bright idea to give them that much health, even if their health is (usually, sometimes its not?) shared.

I got those for the first time yesterday, I didn't even finish it was so frustrating. Fuck that place.

Ultratech

Klaxxi is ok unless it is one of those days where you have to go to the island to the southwest. Fuck that island.

Golden Lotus can go to hell.

Oh, I hate that SW island for Klaxxi. Those dailies suck.

My only issues with the Cavern is that it seems bugged half the time.
Like if I pull a ton of mobs, half of 'em will Evade bug until I de-target them.

The 900k mobs are just kind of a nuisance for me. Not really much of a threat. Soul Traps can be annoying if you don't kill them fast enough.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

What the heck, are you serious?

WTFFF????

You need to contact a GM, that's a bug with no other way out of it. People sometime get stuck in the phase after the quest ends.

With the rep you get from the daily quests and defeating one of the beastmaster challenges, plus the story quests, plus all the rep bonuses like the the new Darkmoon Faire "Whee!" buff, it's really not that hard.

What? You get rep from beastmaster challenges? FK!

Anyway, do you get anything at exalted? I'm revered for valor loot, so I won't kick myself that hard.

Berordn

What? You get rep from beastmaster challenges? FK!

Anyway, do you get anything at exalted? I'm revered for valor loot, so I won't kick myself that hard.

Story conclusion, a mount, and then you can buy an armored version of that mount too.

At this point I'm mostly in it for the story.

Tarazet

Story conclusion, a mount, and then you can buy an armored version of that mount too.

At this point I'm mostly in it for the story.

Same, I'll be Exalted this weekend but I'm valor gated for getting any more of the 496 loot. I got the boots last week, and need to upgrade shoulders next before going for any of the jewelry anyway.

Used all 3 of my coins on Tsulong again trying to get the weapon, no luck. Did get a LFR tier chest though.

Bisnic

Same, I'll be Exalted this weekend but I'm valor gated for getting any more of the 496 loot. I got the boots last week, and need to upgrade shoulders next before going for any of the jewelry anyway.

Used all 3 of my coins on Tsulong again trying to get the weapon, no luck. Did get a LFR tier chest though.

Wait, it's possible to use more than one coin on a single boss? I never had the option to do it more than once after a boss died.

Rokam

Regarding Dalaran and quests involving it in 5.1
Someone pointed out on twitter that Dalaran was above water during that quest chain, and Dave Kosak on twitter confirmed that Dalaran is in motion. Hmmm....

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Man, I wanted to find a game to play online with my friend because he only has a Wii and I got a Wii U.

I saw Monster Hunter Tri for cheap and snagged it. Fucking grindy rpg and you can't aim at the mobs for shit. lol. Took me 2 hours to kill 30 monsters!

It's pretty fun, but I think we need a different game. Quiting wow and picking up that is lolworthy. Not to mention the servers are going to go down sometime after the Ultimate release on Wii U?

Just find it humorous because I never played an RPG like it and it made me think about WoW. Not in a bad way.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Neat, one of my old 2010-era RAFs I did which previously awarded me with the X-52 2 person rocket allowed me to redeem the Obsidian Nightwing mount as well. Heh.

Ultratech

Galleon spawned on my server earlier this evening and we managed to down him after a wipe (nobody had really done it yet, so when the cannons came out...it hurt).

Managed to win a 496 Chest, but my extra roll just won me money.

Finally got to kill him at least! (Since I'm never around when he spawns or Alli grab it.)

It's depressing as hell watching your server die. I play on Ravenholdt (RP-PVP); when I signed up in vanilla I had no idea what "RP" even meant lol. Alliance has always been outnumbered on the server, but now it's like 70-30 horde favored if not more. I've met so many awesome people there since vanilla that I can't see myself transferring though. I wish Blizz would do something about servers that become ridiculously unbalanced in terms of factions.

It's depressing as hell watching your server die. I play on Ravenholdt (RP-PVP); when I signed up in vanilla I had no idea what "RP" even meant lol. Alliance has always been outnumbered on the server, but now it's like 70-30 horde favored if not more. I've met so many awesome people there since vanilla that I can't see myself transferring though. I wish Blizz would do something about servers that become ridiculously unbalanced in terms of factions.

Cross Realm Zones.

/trollface

I think they're really hesitant to consolidate and balance some realms even though it would end up as probably a better experience for most people involved due to the stigma associated with such a thing (game is dying, whaaah). CRZ does alleviate some of the problems, but it's not a complete solution. The expensive transfer fee certainly keeps everyone from funneling into the same 20 or so larger servers, but that's the opposite end of the problem. The high fee can also discourage people from moving, even if they are unhappy where they are (which is not something you're likely to know/research as a beginner until you're already invested in the game on whatever server unless a more savvy friend dragged you along.)

It's definitely something that will probably need to be addressed before/during the next expansion, where they maybe combine about half the low-pop servers into each other (while leaving some unchanged, since some people like that environment).

daedalius

Starting to like my monk more since I finally got rising sun kick (another button to actually press in combat); the utility moves are great though.

Still not sure if I like it more than Enhance, but we'll see I guess as I get higher.

Hoplatee

Really liking it so far. I have no intentions to play longer than one or two months but I am kind of impressed with the amount of things you can do. I do not like daily quests at all (never did, I was fine with them being for vanity items and gold income when they were introduced in TBC but that got out of control already at the end of TBC) but so far they have been pretty okay. I can't imagine me doing them every day though.

The Dungeons in general are okay apart from that Shado-Pan (?) instance where you have to 'prove your worth' every time. It was fun twice and then it just gets frustrating waiting around doing not much. Same for that instance where you have to bomb those bugs / windy bridge at end. Those are two terrible dungeons in my opinion.

I still have to do pet battles and all that stuff. Hope that is also done well.

Everything does look like it is really alt-unfriendly at the moment though. Not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. Probably a bit of both.

But as above - I am just stuck on some server that completely died out which makes getting some stuff slightly annoying. For example even Wrath/Cataclysm bags go for 2k+ gold on the AH. It is.. ehr, yeah, not so much fun.

e) xmas event is up. Eggs for 75g a piece, hell yeah!

Cross Realm Zones.

/trollface

I think they're really hesitant to consolidate and balance some realms even though it would end up as probably a better experience for most people involved due to the stigma associated with such a thing (game is dying, whaaah). CRZ does alleviate some of the problems, but it's not a complete solution. The expensive transfer fee certainly keeps everyone from funneling into the same 20 or so larger servers, but that's the opposite end of the problem. The high fee can also discourage people from moving, even if they are unhappy where they are (which is not something you're likely to know/research as a beginner until you're already invested in the game on whatever server unless a more savvy friend dragged you along.)

It's definitely something that will probably need to be addressed before/during the next expansion, where they maybe combine about half the low-pop servers into each other (while leaving some unchanged, since some people like that environment).

Yea. I also wouldn't mind them doing something like giving XP or mount bonuses to players who decide to choose low/average pop servers. Also at some point they need to cap faction imbalances. If a server is 70% horde it doesn't make sense to let more horde in imo

Tarazet

Guildie invited me to Brawler's Guild, spent a few hours on it running in Feral spec up to Rank 3. Nothing so far was any more difficult than dodge this/walk backwards while attacking, but I'm seeing some pretty silly stuff when the Rank 7-8 folks are playing. It'll be good for teaching me how to kite, I was good at it in SWToR on my Sniper but can't figure out how to do it as well in WoW.

Bisnic

So apparently if you get the new Wyvern mounts, your alliance characters get the gryphon mounts for free. Nice!

...Isn't that like this for ALL mounts?

Shit, i just saw the MMOchampion post about Enigma Seeds and Golden Lotus... i'm guessing their prices might go down soon if more people learn about it. Oh well, it was nice to get 500-700g everyday thanks to that while it last.

Bisnic

I just did the Purge of Dalaran, and it's ironic to see that
Jaina is now "Fucking blood elves are Horde and they betrayed us, they must be purged" while Varian is now "i was negotiating with them to bring them back to the Alliance, now you've ruined it".

Roles are switched now it seems.

And i bet all those named Sunreavers that i killed will be there if i go back to WOTLK Dalaran. :p

Measley

Starting to like my monk more since I finally got rising sun kick (another button to actually press in combat); the utility moves are great though.

Still not sure if I like it more than Enhance, but we'll see I guess as I get higher.

After getting my Monk to 90 I don't even touch my Shaman anymore. Monks are so much more fun to play IMO.

Berordn

And i bet all those named Sunreavers that i killed will be there if i go back to WOTLK Dalaran. :p

Northrend and Outland are stuck in a time bubble, so yes! They'll be there in corpse form when Jaina comes with battleship Dalaran, raining destruction on err'thang.

Course, the Sunreavers will probably do the same with Quel'danas...

Robin64

[Monster Hunter stuff]

Half of Monster Hunter is preparation. I can't stand it myself, it takes far too long to get into, but it's apparently really satisfying when you bring down some of the bigger monsters.

Personally, I want Dragon Quest X for Wii U to be announced in the west.

strafer

New book coming.

World of Warcraft: Bloodsworn

August 13, 2013.

As the Cataclysm rips through Azeroth, Warchief Garrosh Hellscream orders the best warriors of the Horde to come forward and serve in a new army, lest their foes in the Alliance sense weakness and attack. We meet these warriors as they come forward - from very different lands, backgrounds, traditions...Will they be able to overcome their deep differences and work together to serve the Horde, especially when challenged by a powerful, unfamiliar race claiming to be the real rulers of Azeroth?

Wonder what that unfamiliar race is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom