• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT4| "Why do we keep playing? It is simply in our nature."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarazet

Yeah, I tanked it for the first time two days ago on normal and only got hit by one strike of devastating combos.

The melee hits ended up being significantly harder to deal with.

I play feral. We're about 2 feet off the ground. Even if I zoom all the way out and go top-down, I can't see shit.

Clipse

I play feral. We're about 2 feet off the ground. Even if I zoom all the way out and go top-down, I can't see shit.
There's a command you can type in-game that lets you zoom out farther than the settings let you. Not sure what it is off the top of my head though.

I think I might cancel for at least a month or two after my current sub expires at the end of the month. Been too distracted by other games and I haven't played since before 5.1. Nothing really wrong with the current state of the game, but just too busy with other things to play it and justify the sub cost. Especially with the Christmas gaming bounty (bought myself Halo 4, plus whatever I get in the Steam sale.)

Rokam

Come back just in time for 5.2! I'm thinking we'll see PTR in January, as they've been announcing a lot of little changes going in I can't assume we're too far off from a PTR. Although I don't think we'll see the raids till late January early February.

Tamanon

Banned
Well, money problems solved on my new server, had a Flawless Battle-Stone drop in a pet battle. Looks like they're going for ~10k on Earthen Ring.

2 and a half days wiping on Garalon 25-man. That fight is just too unforgiving. One person screws up and I just call it. It's a hard one to recover from. An additional crush, a kiter messing up, or someone eating swipes and it's game over.

How does Heroic Stone Guard compare? I need to figure out a good way of progressing my 25-man team in a way that isn't going to demoralize everyone.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
HSpL9.jpg

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/21/patch-5-2-the-thunder-king-is-risen-ptr-early-january/

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I was hoping for a raid centered around the incoming battle between Alliance and the Horde, but i guess they're going to save that for 5.3. Hopefully there will be a new faction to advance the story on that side in 5.2, like they did with 5.1 (Can't believe I actually said this, more dailies!)

McNei1y

I knew it was going to be the Thunder King! When I was questing in Kun-Lai, I was so confused as to why they didn't go into depth about the Thunder King aside from visiting his tomb and seeing that he was revived.

I have no idea where it'd be located though... Jade Forest?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Fuck you Blizzard.

Why not release it now.

Simple reason, everyone's on their christmas break already and won't be back at work until 2nd week of January, aka. "early january".

Releasing anything when there's no dev support around is not something anyone would do.

lordmrw

I just want the patch notes to see what these extensive Rogue changes they keep talking about are. I remain cautiously optimistic.

Bisnic

Simple reason, everyone's on their christmas break already and won't be back at work until 2nd week of January, aka. "early january".

Releasing anything when there's no dev support around is not something anyone would do.

Stop trying to make sense!

McNei1y

Nah it's more than likely going to be the island north of Townlong. You can see it on the world map currently. But sadly guess it's not going to be Zandalar as that's a Mogu structure :(.

Oh yea I saw that island. I always try to click on it... but I assumed that was just the turtle thing that new pandas start on.

I like when future content is already implemented. Back in Vanilla, I liked to travel to Winterspring see the entrance to Hyjal (or sneak in through the wall jump trick) or travel to Dun Morogh and see Grim Batol... Or even Kharazan and Black Temple.

Dawg

I asked that same question, simple answer.

The trolls ressurected him, hence is risen.

If he did it himself it would have been has risen.

:p

English is not my first language, but isn't it so even if somebody else did it, you can still use "has risen" ?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
English is not my first language, but isn't it so even if somebody else did it, you can still use "has risen" ?

It's not a past event (not until the patch hits) so it's is risen, if it had happened yesterday; has risen could've been used interchangably with is risen.

Dailies
Golden Lotus - Pagoda in Vale of Eternal Blossoms
Klaxxi - Klaxx-vess or whatever, their main base in Dread Wastes
Dominance Offensive (Horde) - Domination Point, Krasarang Wilds
Alliance Side (forget name) - East side of Krasarang Wilds
Shado-pan (open up with revered Golden Lotus) - Shado-pan Garrison in Townlong Steppes
August Celestials (open up with revered Golden Lotus) - Krasarang Wilds

Actually quick question, about August Celestials - you can get a lot of rep with Shado-pan just doing the Townlong Steppes quests, are there regular quests for August Celestials? Seems like it's going to be such a huge grind if it's just that Chi-ji area in Krasarang.

August Celestials varies daily. At your faction shrine in Vale, there will be a person who gives a breadcrumb daily to whichever zone they're in. Can be in Jade Forest, Krasarang, Townlong, or Kun-Lai - where each celestial temple is.

Oh yeah, I should have thought of that. If you ask the guy how to help the Celestials, he lists all the temples. Obviously I just started on Celestials yesterday and ended up getting the Chi-ji ones.

Bisnic

Actually quick question, about August Celestials - you can get a lot of rep with Shado-pan just doing the Townlong Steppes quests, are there regular quests for August Celestials? Seems like it's going to be such a huge grind if it's just that Chi-ji area in Krasarang.

The only non-daily quests for August Celestials as far as i know are in a single dungeon. Which makes the grind a little painful, but not as much as Golden Lotus since there is only 4 dailies to do.

I love popping Time Warp before battlegrounds begin. There's almost always one person that still freaks out about it because they don't realize the debuff is wiped out when the match begins.

Ultratech

The only non-daily quests for August Celestials as far as i know are in a single dungeon. Which makes the grind a little painful, but not as much as Golden Lotus since there is only 4 dailies to do.

Yeah, I hear the dailies for them are pretty easy.

Still takes a while though to complete since you're essentially starting from Neutral.

So wait. Which dailies or where do I go to get August Celestials honored rep to get that awesome mount lol. I've been doing quests that are popping up in blue under those giant panda statues lol...the golden pagoda.

Edit: I think I'm doing it right I have to get golden lotus rep first. What time do these reset? I'm at 2550/3000 rep for golden lotus now

Tarazet

So wait. Which dailies or where do I go to get August Celestials honored rep to get that awesome mount lol. I've been doing quests that are popping up in blue under those giant panda statues lol...the golden pagoda.

Edit: I think I'm doing it right I have to get golden lotus rep first. What time do these reset? I'm at 2550/3000 rep for golden lotus now

Depends on the realm, but it's in the early morning. You currently have available to you Klaxxi, Golden Lotus, Tillers, and Anglers. Once you get Golden Lotus Revered, then you have Shado-Pan (in the Townlong Steppes) and August Celestials (daily bread-crumb on the lower level outside the Shrine of the Two Moons). And don't forget to buy your Grand Commendation at Revered to speed the way to Exalted. I did the whole grind and got the Pandaren Ambassador achievement before 5.1, and it was painful.

Bisnic

August Celestial doesn't have a mount at honored. They sell one at exalted, worth 9000+ gold and is that same chinese dragon you can get from exalted Order of the Cloud Serpent or exalted Shado-Pan, both for free! The only thing special about the 9k gold August Celestial dragon is the lightning surrounding it.

Rokam

I was hoping for a raid centered around the incoming battle between Alliance and the Horde, but i guess they're going to save that for 5.3. Hopefully there will be a new faction to advance the story on that side in 5.2, like they did with 5.1 (Can't believe I actually said this, more dailies!)

They already confirmed there'd be a continuation of the 5.1 story. Someone asked when we'll see what Lorth'remar is planning and that we'd see it in 5.2.

Dailies
Alliance Side (forget name) - East side of Krasarang Wilds

Lion's Landing.

Also don't forget the Anglers, near Lion's Landing in south central Krassarang, three daily fishing quests. And of course the whole Tillers thing that interacts with cooking in Halfhill. As I type this my daughter is doing my daily farming work (tilling, planting, weeding). She thinks it's a hoot and I love not having to do it ;).

Did Heart of Fear yesterday and Sha this morning, lots of nice drops (gloves from Sha), those HoF mechanics are fun, bit crazy. Reading up for Terrace of Spring which I'll probably attempt tomorrow. This may be slowly replacing WotLK as my favorite expansion.

ZenaxPure

Fuck you Blizzard.

Why not release it now.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's no where close to being done yet. Considering it won't be on the ptr until next month I assume half the bosses are still just concepts on someone's pc somewhere.

Did Heart of Fear yesterday and Sha this morning, lots of nice drops (gloves from Sha), those HoF mechanics are fun, bit crazy. Reading up for Terrace of Spring which I'll probably attempt tomorrow. This may be slowly replacing WotLK as my favorite expansion.

It honestly already has for me. Wrath was my favorite as well but even Northrend lacked the sheer amount of random stuff Pandaria has littering the world. My favorite kind of video games are ones where I can wander the world finding secrets or killing bosses to get special items which mists is just loaded with. Heck, just this morning I was flying around getting the mists version of the critter /love achievement when I finally found the mogu sorcerer rare spawn in Valley (alive, see him dead plenty) and I was lucky enough to get his rare drop which is the flask-like thing that gives +500 all stats for an hour. Stuff like that, Wikky, and the item that straight up gives you the druid symbiosis ability (though that might be because I'm a rogue and rogue symbiosis is awesome) to use on yourself are just so awesome. I hope it's a trend blizz continues with next xpac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom